Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 20, 2018 17:57

hockenheim95
bart-man
Any shows already sold out?

Warszawa is the only show

No Show is Sold Out! Don't believe the Hype. It's not 1972 anymore.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 20, 2018 18:05

Dublin is on!!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-20 18:06 by Christiaan.

Posted by: KevinLocksPerm ()
Date: March 21, 2018 13:26

slewan
nobodyimportant
slewan
Lien
The Spice Girls have hinted they will perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding — but could they be muscled out by an even more venerable British musical institution?

The Rolling Stones are leaving blank the weekend of the May 19 Windsor wedding on their UK tour itinerary.

A pal of the Stones tells me: ‘Keith Richards isn’t bothered about the royals. But Mick is probably expecting an invitation — maybe that’s the reason he’s keeping the date free.’

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

thanks for the advice to avoid London on that weekend…

If you mean the wedding, it's in Windsor, not London.

wherever the actually ceremony takes place the might be celebrations on London streets

The only people celebrating will be the mentally sub normal Brits who adore the soap opera that is the royal family.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 21, 2018 13:47

KevinLocksPerm
slewan
nobodyimportant
slewan
Lien
The Spice Girls have hinted they will perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding — but could they be muscled out by an even more venerable British musical institution?

The Rolling Stones are leaving blank the weekend of the May 19 Windsor wedding on their UK tour itinerary.

A pal of the Stones tells me: ‘Keith Richards isn’t bothered about the royals. But Mick is probably expecting an invitation — maybe that’s the reason he’s keeping the date free.’

wherever the actually ceremony takes place the might be celebrations on London streets

The only people celebrating will be the mentally sub normal Brits who adore the soap opera that is the royal family.

sure, but there's plenty of them

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: March 21, 2018 14:42

slewan
KevinLocksPerm
slewan
nobodyimportant
slewan
Lien

Trust me, not many people are that interested. This isn't a major royal event involving lots of pageantry, which does tend to attract interest. There will be dedicated royal rubberneckers in Windsor hoping to get a glimpse of the happy couple, but this is a very low-key event and most people don't give a tom tit about Harry and his showbiz squeeze.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 21, 2018 14:46

Anyone know when the tickets are likely to be sent out?

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: March 21, 2018 15:15

Silver Dagger

Answer from AXS Support: Tickets may be received at any point up until the week of the event, but are usually sent out about two to four weeks prior to the event. Unfortunately we are not given any prior information about when tickets will be issued by the promoter so we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date in advance.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 15:18

nobodyimportant
slewan
KevinLocksPerm
slewan
nobodyimportant
slewan
Lien

Trust me, not many people are that interested. This isn't a major royal event involving lots of pageantry, which does tend to attract interest. There will be dedicated royal rubberneckers in Windsor hoping to get a glimpse of the happy couple, but this is a very low-key event and most people don't give a tom tit about Harry and his showbiz squeeze.

Problem is that the press will start to hype it up and more people get sucked up by the crap that comes out the press for things like this, unfortunately.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 21, 2018 15:38

odean73
nobodyimportant
slewan
KevinLocksPerm
slewan
nobodyimportant
slewan
Lien

Problem is that the press will start to hype it up and more people get sucked up by the crap that comes out the press for things like this, unfortunately.

I personally will totally ignore it as if it isn't happening. I wish them well, just as I would for anyone getting married. But I don't know them so it is no more relevant or of any interest to me than any random wedding. I switched off all media on the day of William and Kate's wedding and did some housework.

Date: March 21, 2018 16:58

longvehicle
Silver Dagger

Answer from AXS Support: Tickets may be received at any point up until the week of the event, but are usually sent out about two to four weeks prior to the event. Unfortunately we are not given any prior information about when tickets will be issued by the promoter so we are unable to provide an estimated delivery date in advance.

that's basically the information provided on their website. it was also in their confirmation emails

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:06

Pish posh all your talk of the backup royal wedding:

“One of the singers who might have expressed his desire to be part of the ceremony is Mick Jagger. The Rolling Stones member has decided to keep his May 19 free to accommodate Prince Harry and Markle’s request to have him perform at their nuptials.”

(source)http://www.ibtimes.com/mick-jagger-expecting-wedding-invite-prince-harry-says-writer-2664118

Just don’t let him catch the bouquet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-21 18:07 by 35love.

Date: March 21, 2018 18:42

slewan
longvehicle
Silver Dagger

that's basically the information provided on their website. it was also in their confirmation emails

Cheers chaps.

Date: March 21, 2018 18:43

And when will support bands be announced?

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 21, 2018 18:56

Silver Dagger

Spice Girls, isn't it?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:30

Silver Dagger

Maybe as last year: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:33

MartinB
Silver Dagger

Spice Girls, isn't it?

And maybe Jagger...perhaps an all star collaboration?

Congrats to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. smileys with beer

Now CNN has jumped on the bandwagon revealing details of the cake!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal details of wedding cake

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: March 21, 2018 19:45

Hairball
MartinB
Silver Dagger

Spice Girls, isn't it?

And maybe Jagger...perhaps an all star collaboration?

Congrats to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. smileys with beer

Now CNN has jumped on the bandwagon revealing details of the cake!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry reveal details of wedding cake

*We should stay on topic (and you should buy a ticket already)
Mick would upstage the bride. It’s a no-show. We can see all the pics (and I do love them/ fan of William and Kate) as it unfolds... waiting in lines, on buses trains and autos to THE ROLLING STONES
ETA, although I would love to see Mick croon at a piano. Just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-21 19:50 by 35love.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: March 21, 2018 23:20

Wake up sleepy head's.....TUMBLINGDICE...CODE DUBLIN

Date: March 21, 2018 23:32

Mick singing like a rainbow at the wedding. Great

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 22, 2018 14:00

DREAMTIME wrote: “No Show is Sold Out! Don't believe the Hype. It's not 1972 anymore”

Hmmm… Back in 1972, if the Stones were playing such huge venues charging such high prices, as nowadays, then they would need longer time to sell out, IMO. And I am not sure that the venues would be finally packed, as they were in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Because their totally youngful fan base, in 1972, would not afford or offer to pay so many money, regardless of how loved the band was.

The “modern” policy of selling tickets is based on the fact that the band has various “target groups”, in terms of age, economical powers and hankering. The particular policy doesn’t foster fast sales, but it finally brings filled stadiums and bigger grosses/profits. I don’t claim that it’s a fair, “lovely”, policy, I’m just saying it’s effective.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 23, 2018 11:39

35love
Pish posh all your talk of the backup royal wedding:

“One of the singers who might have expressed his desire to be part of the ceremony is Mick Jagger. The Rolling Stones member has decided to keep his May 19 free to accommodate Prince Harry and Markle’s request to have him perform at their nuptials.”

(source)http://www.ibtimes.com/mick-jagger-expecting-wedding-invite-prince-harry-says-writer-2664118

Just don’t let him catch the bouquet.

And just don't let him get near Markle grinning smiley

Date: March 23, 2018 11:48

something for those who still have to book flights – Lufthansa has a new promotion code (20 Euros discount) - [promotion.lufthansa.com]

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:19

laertisflash
DREAMTIME wrote: “No Show is Sold Out! Don't believe the Hype. It's not 1972 anymore”

Hmmm… Back in 1972, if the Stones were playing such huge venues charging such high prices, as nowadays, then they would need longer time to sell out, IMO. And I am not sure that the venues would be finally packed, as they were in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Because their totally youngful fan base, in 1972, would not afford or offer to pay so many money, regardless of how loved the band was.

The “modern” policy of selling tickets is based on the fact that the band has various “target groups”, in terms of age, economical powers and hankering. The particular policy doesn’t foster fast sales, but it finally brings filled stadiums and bigger grosses/profits. I don’t claim that it’s a fair, “lovely”, policy, I’m just saying it’s effective.

MSG 1972 $10 TICKET AND NO SUCH THING AS A SCALPER

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: March 23, 2018 17:45

Exactly, DREAMTIME...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 23, 2018 19:00

DREAMTIME
laertisflash

Really? In 1970 I paid $10 for a $7.50 ticket to see Led Zeppelin, thinking I was ripped off....after the show, and especially where my seats were, I was totally fine with my purchase.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 23, 2018 22:12

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Mick singing like a rainbow at the wedding. Great

Or Dear Doctor. grinning smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 24, 2018 09:34

DREAMTIME

Yet still many complaints about rip-off ticket prices

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: March 24, 2018 10:17

syrel
DREAMTIME

there are apps around on the internet that helps to calculate and confront currencies and cost of goods through the years. I played one with the old italian currency in 1972. it came out that, aproximately, a 10 dollars ticket would have been a 110000 Lire ticket in Italy in 1972 (exchange at the time was 1$ = 11000 Lire ca), that would be almost 2/3 of an average salary at the time (154000 lire ca). In 2017 the average salary in Italy was 1560 € so the comparison is quite direct: in Italy a 10 dollar ticket in 1972 would translate in a 1100 € ticket now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-24 10:20 by maumau.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:17

maumau
syrel
DREAMTIME

there are apps around on the internet that helps to calculate and confront currencies and cost of goods through the years. I played one with the old italian currency in 1972. it came out that, aproximately, a 10 dollars ticket would have been a 110000 Lire ticket in Italy in 1972 (exchange at the time was 1$ = 11000 Lire ca), that would be almost 2/3 of an average salary at the time (154000 lire ca). In 2017 the average salary in Italy was 1560 € so the comparison is quite direct: in Italy a 10 dollar ticket in 1972 would translate in a 1100 € ticket now.

That's absurd nonsense.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:42

maumau

The problem with that is that it doesn't take into account the relative strengths of the economies/currencies (esp if we're talking about Lire!). This is the best site I've found for comparing the 'real' price of something across time.

[www.measuringworth.com]

According to that, $10 in 1972 equates to about $100 today when related to average income (though average income can be a problematic concept for this exercise).

The problem with that is that it doesn't take into account the change across different types of consumer goods - televisions, clothes and records are much much cheaper than they were in 1972, for example, while entertainment items like cable subscriptions, sports tickets and live music are much more more expensive. A ticket to see the Toronto Maple Leafs cost $4 in 1971, and $100-$600 today. People tend to complain about tickets being more expensive but not about cars being cheaper.

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home