Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: March 14, 2018 00:30

slewan
I can't help it – I get the feeling that they are really facing problems in selling tickets for Manchester. First they dropped the rumored second show and they are keeping advertising the Manchester show now on even more than a daily basis – see: [twitter.com]

That's what I'm wondering too, and how about straight PIT's for Coventry without package?

Date: March 14, 2018 00:31

Sir Mick
slewan
I can't help it – I get the feeling that they are really facing problems in selling tickets for Manchester. First they dropped the rumored second show and they are keeping advertising the Manchester show now on even more than a daily basis – see: [twitter.com]

That's what I'm wondering too, and how about straight PIT's for Coventry without package?

Sorry, I've put this in the wrong bit

Date: March 14, 2018 00:33

swimtothemoon
Did anyone find pit tickets available for Southampton that were not part of
the Start me up package?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, and what about straight PIT's for Coventry without the package?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 14, 2018 01:01

swimtothemoon
the Start me up package?

Yes - myself and quite a few other posters on here. And they were
also available for Coventry.

Re: Southampton and Coventry England Stones shows to be announced soon
Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 01:45

odean73
Has anybody tried to get more than the 6 ticket allowance?

After some more tickets for Coventry for members of the family but the system is saying I had my quota.

Use a different card and set up a spare AXS Account.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 14, 2018 01:52

Sir Mick
swimtothemoon
the Start me up package?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering too, and what about straight PIT's for Coventry without the package?

Still pit A[tickets.axs.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 14, 2018 02:27

yeah, straight pit, for Southampton
Jeroen

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 14, 2018 04:21

yorkshirestone
Sir Mick
swimtothemoon
the Start me up package?

Still pit A[tickets.axs.com]

Thanks for the notice I just got a coventry. Still waiting for Southampton.
Much appreciated!

Re: Southampton and Coventry England Stones shows to be announced soon
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 08:44

grzegorz67
odean73
Has anybody tried to get more than the 6 ticket allowance?

After some more tickets for Coventry for members of the family but the system is saying I had my quota.

Use a different card and set up a spare AXS Account.

Thanks.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:19

If Dublin doesn't happen (and we all hope it will), do you think that they will plan a new show (to complete the magical number of 14 shows)? If they do, it seems most likely to add it on the end of the tour (after Warsaw). What do you think?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:33

jackflash27
If Dublin doesn't happen (and we all hope it will), do you think that they will plan a new show (to complete the magical number of 14 shows)? If they do, it seems most likely to add it on the end of the tour (after Warsaw). What do you think?
They have shown such confidence in Dublin, I believe they must have a backup location and a show will get done one way or another.

If not, adding a date at the end seems much more likely than my personal favorite, adding another UK date for the only open date within the schedule, June 12th.cool smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 14, 2018 13:46

jackflash27

They'll should be able to find some field somewhere in Ireland. In fact I'm pretty sure they have some plan B.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 14:10

slewan
jackflash27

They'll should be able to find some field somewhere in Ireland. In fact I'm pretty sure they have some plan B.

I see an Altamont-ish preparation coming up! Without the nasty stuff of course. Maybe lawyers are contacting landlords and speedway owners right now to see what could be a perfect location.

Date: March 14, 2018 15:31

jackflash27
slewan
jackflash27

I see an Altamont-ish preparation coming up! Without the nasty stuff of course. Maybe lawyers are contacting landlords and speedway owners right now to see what could be a perfect location.

well, they were able to build up a stage plus the necessary infrastructure in Hamburg Stadtpark, i.e. a park, within a few days. The same should be possible anywhere - especially at the beginning of a tour where there's enough time

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 14, 2018 16:11

just cancelled a single room in Jurys inn Southhampton on booking.com for anyone still looking

Ive chosen Manchester as my backup to Dublin

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2018 18:48

Healy52003
just cancelled a single room in Jurys inn Southhampton on booking.com for anyone still looking

Thanks for lookin' out.
I'll make you a deal if you want it.
If Dublin (or Ireland) is a no go (it won't be), I'll give you at least a free GA ticket for Manchester.
Not that they'll be hard to come by, or perhaps what you want, but I bought GA for my first show as it's the day I arrive and wouldn't be there early to queue up for GC etc. Then when Lucky Dips came around, I (surprisingly) picked up a single and would happily pass along my extra. If LD is in stands though, I would likely give that one up as I prefer not to sit, which would entail walking in together. I should arrive around 3 in Manchester.

Date: March 14, 2018 20:30

MisterDDDD
Healy52003

Thanks for lookin' out.
I'll make you a deal if you want it.
If Dublin (or Ireland) is a no go (it won't be), I'll give you at least a free GA ticket for Manchester.
Not that they'll be hard to come by, or perhaps what you want, but I bought GA for my first show as it's the day I arrive and wouldn't be there early to queue up for GC etc. Then when Lucky Dips came around, I (surprisingly) picked up a single and would happily pass along my extra. If LD is in stands though, I would likely give that one up as I prefer not to sit, which would entail walking in together. I should arrive around 3 in Manchester.

Thanks for the offer but im going for a seated ticket as i prefer my comfort and dont like standing at gigs

Hopefully i wont have to worry about Manchester and Dublin will be my main priority

Date: March 14, 2018 22:42

ticket sales for Southampton start in less then 13 hours – and I still can't make up my mind if I add Dublin or Southampton to the two London shows… Any ideas, pros and cons???

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 14, 2018 22:52

slewan
ticket sales for Southampton start in less then 13 hours – and I still can't make up my mind if I add Dublin or Southampton to the two London shows… Any ideas, pros and cons???

Dublin
pro - first show of tour, maybe extra song or 2 you may not hear the rest of the tour
con - large venue, still a chance the show might not happen

Southampton
pro- smaller venue, with a couple shows behind them, they may sound better and you won't be competing against me for a ticket smiling smiley
con - may not get as many songs as Dublin

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 14, 2018 23:25

slewan
jackflash27

Thats simply not going to happen.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 14, 2018 23:42

BluzDude
slewan

Dublin
pro - first show of tour, maybe extra song or 2 you may not hear the rest of the tour

Southampton
pro- smaller venue, with a couple shows behind them, they may sound better and you won't be competing against me for a ticket smiling smiley

Geez, it's so hard to decide. I, myself, wish I could do both. Still hope for Dublin
Pro- first gig of the tour, may get a song or two that will later be skipped, Dublin a great city, the only show in Ireland, so I would guess, a special atmosphere, and something special for the band ...maybe
con- pending license .....

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 15, 2018 00:16

TornFrayedSue
Geez, it's so hard to decide. I, myself, wish I could do both . Still hope for Dublin
Pro- first gig of the tour, may get a song or two that will later be skipped, Dublin a great city, the only show in Ireland, so I would guess, a special atmosphere, and something special for the band ...maybe
con- pending license .....

Yup, Dublin....and Ireland is great. Really hoping for a show there, however if it doesn't happen, I'll just spend 4 or 5 days in Ireland before I head off to London for the 2 shows the following week.

The only time I've seen the Stones outside of California was in 2007 at Slane castle, I took my son for his high school graduation. We had a blast slushing around in the mud....and it took us over 3 hours to drive there from Dublin. That was the last time I rented a car in a foreign country without getting a GPS system.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 15, 2018 00:38

BluzDude
Dublin

Southampton

Dublin pro: more Guinness
Southampton con: less Guinness grinning smiley

Date: March 15, 2018 01:29

Dublin
pro- home country, easy bus journey up and down,amazing and convenient venue and opening night of tour
cons- License still subject, ole ole ole brigade who have no interest in the gig only there for the pints

Manchester
pro- amazing venue, bit into the tour
cons- Longer and costly journey

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 15, 2018 09:08

Dublin
Pro - The Rolling Stones are playing a concert
Con - none that matter

Manchester
Pro - The Rolling Stones are playing a concert
Con - none that matter

syrel

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2018 10:20

Gazza
slewan
jackflash27

Thats simply not going to happen.

Why not? I've been wondering why they seemed hell bent on playing Croke given the challenge. Is Lansdowne/Aviva too small to support their asking price?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 15, 2018 10:27

In amongst all the tour posts by the Stones on the Stones app they posted about Bill Wyman last night....something to this rumour of a guest spot in London?

Date: March 15, 2018 10:53

Southampton and Coventry pit tickets available now!

Date: March 15, 2018 11:05

Southampton and Coventry Lucky Dips here

[www.rollingstones.com]

Main page not showing them to me for some reason

Date: March 15, 2018 11:12

I had Lucky Dips for Southampton but decides to let them go since I'm not sure I'm able to make the show

So – if anybody has a spare LD ticket for Southampton: remember me (Most likely I'll have a spare LD for both London shows…)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-15 11:16 by slewan.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home