Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:15

That's what the links are to - the VIP page.

Date: March 13, 2018 11:17

MartinB
Funny things: it did not ask me for the password. What about you?

Now you mention it, no - it didn't ask for any password!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:18

Beast
MartinB
Funny things: it did not ask me for the password. What about you?

Now you mention it, no - it didn't ask for any password!

Weird...

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: March 13, 2018 11:18

Thanks Beast

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:12

Yea, i am HAPPY !!!!!
Gold Circle for Edinburgh,Prague.
PIT for Southampton !!!

great.

Lets Rock nRoll !!
Jeroen

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:21

if you spend all your money on over-priced pit tickets you won't have enough let for food - except ugly British junk food…

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 13, 2018 12:30

slewan
if you spend all your money on over-priced pit tickets you won't have enough let for food - except ugly British junk food…

i will try o get my food from the dustbins, or do some busking.
Jeroen

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 13, 2018 13:01

So what about the U.K ticket sales in general? Can't find out if they running well?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 13, 2018 13:44

Gangster-of-love
So what about the U.K ticket sales in general? Can't find out if they running well?

Hard to tell but definitely not as tough to get tickets as in Europe.Probably due to a combination of factors-prices, obviously, and also the sheer number of shows as well as competition. There are a lot of acts playing London this summer/fall. Clapton, Roger Waters, U2, Taylor Swift . . .

Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 13, 2018 14:10

drbryant
Gangster-of-love

Hard to tell but definitely not as tough to get tickets as in Europe.Probably due to a combination of factors-prices, obviously, and also the sheer number of shows as well as competition. There are a lot of acts playing London this summer/fall. Clapton, Roger Waters, U2, Taylor Swift . . .
Official site to AXS Edinburgh 4 sections sold out 5 sections available. Cardiff 5 sections sold out 6 sections available. Difficult to know given the manipulation and games played by agencies.

Date: March 13, 2018 14:56

belld
drbryant
Gangster-of-love

Official site to AXS Edinburgh 4 sections sold out 5 sections available. Cardiff 5 sections sold out 6 sections available. Difficult to know given the manipulation and games played by agencies.

I was thinking: How the hell they will sell all those highly priced tickets in the U.K ? I mean when did they play their last tour in the U.K and I mean a really tour and not only a couple of gigs?

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 13, 2018 15:16

waiting on the Dublin show to get tickets if not than its a choice between Southampton and Manchester

Going towards manchester cause i was there before and i always wanted to see Old Trafford and i have that time guaranteed off work if i need it. Hopefully it wont come to this and Dublin will go ahead

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: March 13, 2018 15:32

crazy! pit are still available for edinburgh and manchester!

Date: March 13, 2018 15:39

Hope that bodes well then for those of us with lucky dips!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 13, 2018 15:47

Oh you LD'in Edinburgh too, Beast. Same here. =)

Posted by: raphph ()
Date: March 13, 2018 16:26

drbryant
Gangster-of-love

Aside from hateful Taylor Swift - I'm seeing them all!

Date: March 13, 2018 17:02

Topi
Oh you LD'in Edinburgh too, Beast. Same here. =)

thumbs upgrinning smiley

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: March 13, 2018 17:29

Gangster-of-love
I was thinking: How the hell they will sell all those highly priced tickets in the U.K ?
Remember that people from everywhere can buy those tickets.
In 2012, at he first O2 Arena show, I had on my left side an Australian, on my right side a Brazilian, and I am French. OK it is not 20000 foreigners, but who knows.
And in approximately all the shows, in the f..g waiting line, I spoke with people from Netherland, Poland, Spain, Argentina, ...
For me the question is more "how many tixs the promoter has to sell to start benefits ?"

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 13, 2018 18:21

lenurb
Gangster-of-love
I was thinking: How the hell they will sell all those highly priced tickets in the U.K ?
In 2012, at he first O2 Arena show, I had on my left side an Australian, on my right side a Brazilian, and I am French. OK it is not 20000 foreigners, but who knows.
And in approximately all the shows, in the f..g waiting line, I spoke with people from Netherland, Poland, Spain, Argentina, ...
For me the question is more "how many tixs the promoter has to sell to start benefits ?"

I know I've asked this before, but didn't get a response, but I wonder if there are any stats on what percentage of an audience at any given Rolling Stones concerts are not "locals".

Date: March 13, 2018 18:22

lenurb
Gangster-of-love

You might be right for a couple of shows bitte don't forget that the 2012 shows were the 50th anniversary shows. So for most people something special.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Re: Southampton and Coventry England Stones shows to be announced soon
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2018 20:22

Big Al
Hairball
Still had a hard time finding a decent American style hamburger, but I guess the Hard Rock cafe might be the place to go if you're desperatesmiling smiley

Guildford now has a Five Guys burger joint. A little dear, but it's fairly decent.

That's crazy! Yes they're fairly decent, but a bit expensive here as well in the States.
They might have done some good business while I was living there in '87 - between me and about 25 other American study abroad students at Surrey University, we might have kept them in business alone!
I do recall a Pizza Hut in Guildford. Back in the days when pubs would close in the afternoon for a couple of hours, we would go to Pizza Hut for an afternoon of beer and maybe some pizza.

After four months of living and studying there, this is basically what I learned and remember most ( winking smiley ):

The Three Pigeons Pub.
The Kingshead Pub
The Star Pub
The Horse and Groom Pub (infamous as seen in the movie In the Name of They Father)

And there used to be a terrace bar at the Friary shopping Mall, but don't think that's there any more.
Been back several times to visit family and friends, and the Three Pigeons, Kingshead, and Star are still there, yet the Horse and Groom and The Friary Terrace are no more as far as I know.

Anyhow, back on topic - plan on going back soon (possibly this summer and as early as late May ), and if the Stones cross my path I shall be there to meet and greet them. Southampton and Coventry are on my radar. thumbs up

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 13, 2018 20:44

Hairball
Big Al
Hairball
Still had a hard time finding a decent American style hamburger, but I guess the Hard Rock cafe might be the place to go if you're desperatesmiling smiley

Guildford now has a Five Guys burger joint. A little dear, but it's fairly decent.

That's crazy! Yes they're fairly decent, but a bit expensive here as well in the States.
They might have done some good business while I was living there in '87 - between me and about 25 other American study abroad students at Surrey University, we might have kept them in business alone!
I do recall a Pizza Hut in Guildford. Back in the days when pubs would close in the afternoon for a couple of hours, we would go to Pizza Hut for an afternoon of beer and maybe some pizza.

After four months of living and studying there, this is basically what I learned and remember most ( winking smiley ):

The Three Pigeons Pub.
The Kingshead Pub
The Star Pub
The Horse and Groom Pub (infamous as seen in the movie In the Name of They Father)

And there used to be a terrace bar at the Friary shopping Mall, but don't think that's there any more.
Been back several times to visit family and friends, and the Three Pigeons, Kingshead, and Star are still there, yet the Horse and Groom and The Friary Terrace are no more as far as I know.

Anyhow, back on topic - plan on going back soon (possibly this summer and as early as late May ), and if the Stones cross my path I shall be there to meet and greet them. Southampton and Coventry are on my radar. thumbs up

No London shows for you this time around?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 13, 2018 20:57

Has anybody tried to get more than the 6 ticket allowance?

After some more tickets for Coventry for members of the family but the system is saying I had my quota.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 13, 2018 21:04

GAFF
Hairball
Big Al
Hairball

The Three Pigeons Pub.
The Kingshead Pub
The Star Pub

No London shows for you this time around?

Haven't seen the Stones in London since 2003, and the last Stones show I saw in Europe was at Nijmegen, Netherlands, 2007.
As for this upcoming tour, long story involving whether or not my wife and I will be visiting family and friends this summer (her dad and brother still live in England up near Chester which is near Liverpool and Manchester).
It's been a few years and looking like it will happen, but have to work out details and dates of what's best for everyone. That all said, if it works out Southampton and Coventry would be my top picks, but Manchester would be the most convenient. Then I have to take in to consideration Scotland and the Netherlands where there's even more family and friends to visit...it's like putting together a giant jig saw puzzle with lots of if's, and's, and buts, and if a Stone show fits into the scheme of things then hooray, if not then so be it. Like I said, it's a long story....

Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: March 13, 2018 22:41

How did you get the PIT ticket for Southampton? Thanks

Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: March 13, 2018 22:44

corriecas
Yea, i am HAPPY !!!!!
Gold Circle for Edinburgh,Prague.
PIT for Southampton !!!

great.

Lets Rock nRoll !!
Jeroen

How did you get The PIT ticket for Southampton? Thanks

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 13, 2018 23:34

lenurb
Gangster-of-love

I was at the first O2 show too and sat next to Russians. Those shows were almost seen as the possible ending though as it was the 50th anniversary. So I think more effort was made by people worldwide.

There are still a lot of tickets left across all shows, they should have added Coventry and Southampton on at the start really.

But yes £250 for golden circle is quite steep for the average Joe living in Coventry I would imagine (I'm not too far). 2 tickets, £500 for a night out to see the stones. I think they could have reduced those a bit to guarantee sell out. I've signed up to all 3 London shows and I feel like I want to do more but I don't want to over egg the pudding!

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 13, 2018 23:55

And still no news about Dublin .... driving me nuts angry smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 14, 2018 00:05

I can't help it – I get the feeling that they are really facing problems in selling tickets for Manchester. First they dropped the rumored second show and they are keeping advertising the Manchester show now on even more than a daily basis – see: [twitter.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 14, 2018 00:08

Did anyone find pit tickets available for Southampton that were not part of
the Start me up package?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1332
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home