Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 12, 2018 14:59

Doubt the ticketsales will start today for Southampton and Coventry. Hope not, as i will have to work tonite.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 14:59 by corriecas.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 15:07

grzegorz67
odean73
corriecas
Silver Dagger
Will there be pre-sales for Coventry?

yeah, also probably match 14..
Jeroen

Hopefully the official announcement today.

Still nothing official odeon?

I cant see nothing on the stones web site.

Re: Southampton and Coventry England Stones shows to be announced soon
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 12, 2018 15:27

Big Al
slewan

By the way: British food is really great! Anytime I visit the UK I live on Indian currys, great chinese food, vietnamese cuisine, interesting japanease dishes, indonesian food etc…

Indian, Chinese and fish and chips are probably the three biggest takeaway options nationwide. Dining-in wise, Thai is now quite popular; Vietnamese, Japanese and Indonesian, less so. Perhaps there are places in london, however.

I reckon there's now more pizza take-aways than Chinese.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 15:27 by Silver Dagger.

Date: March 12, 2018 15:52

odean73
grzegorz67
odean73
corriecas
Silver Dagger
Will there be pre-sales for Coventry?

yeah, also probably match 14..
Jeroen

Hopefully the official announcement today.

Still nothing official odeon?

I cant see nothing on the stones web site.

Lien has posted on the coventry forum, that an announcement will be today at 16.00 and pre sale tickets go on sale march 14th.

Fingers crossed.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 15:54

slewan
kevos
MisterDDDD
Quick question on tipping etiquette in the UK vs the US for those that know.
Typical restaurant tipping here is about 20% (at times added automatically to the bill) dependent on service, similar there? Thanks in advance.

Not obligatory. So just tip if BOTH the food and service was worth it. Avoid chain restaurants if you can as they are all pretty rubbish and give British food a really bad name.
Also many of the chains have a system where tips are not shared with kitchen staff so someone who carries plates gets paid more than the people working like dogs in a hot kitchen all night.

By the way: British food is really great! Anytime I visit the UK I live on Indian currys, great chinese food, vietnamese cuisine, interesting japanease dishes, indonesian food etc…

Not a fan of british chippers cause they differ slighly from irish ones

in most places you get beef suasages instead of pork ones and fish is different.

I always stick with the franchise places like Mcdonalds, KFC etc . you always knw what food your getting

Dont like Indian food at all

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 12, 2018 16:00

Silver Dagger

I reckon there's now more pizza take-aways than Chinese.

Agreed. Probably more kebab shops, too. Although why anyone would want to ear a donner meat and chips really escapes me. A Madras, pilau rice, garlic nann and, if particilarly hungry, vegetable samosa and sagg aloo.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 12, 2018 16:35

Big Al
slewan

Indian, Chinese and fish and chips are probably the three biggest takeaway options nationwide. Dining-in wise, Thai is now quite popular; Vietnamese, Japanese and Indonesian, less so. Perhaps there are places in london, however.

well, I been to London more often than to any other place in the UK…

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 12, 2018 17:41

There a plenty of great places to eat all over the UK. I am Australian but have lived in the UK for over 12 years. The choice of food here is easily as good as it is in the US and most of Europe, and in fact I would say its quite a lot better. I live in Winchester which is a small city (only 50,000 people) - we have great Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Indian and Italian restaurants, as well as a rick Stein Seafood restaurant, two Michelin star restaurants, and lots of awesome pubs with excellent food. Anybody who thinks the UK doesn't have good food isn't going to the right places!

Date: March 12, 2018 18:03

Tickets on sale Thursday although an announcement was apparently set to be made at 4pm according to the local paper.

[coventryobserver.co.uk]

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: March 12, 2018 18:03

New dates official now

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 12, 2018 18:04

Presale tomorrow according to their Facebook page... General sales on Thursday

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 12, 2018 18:04

Two brand new dates & venues are added to the UK No Filter Tour! The Rolling Stones will play St. Mary's Stadium Southampton 29 May & Ricoh Stadium Coventry 2 June.
Presale tomorrow 9am GMT, via email - you will receive your link and code today so you're all set! #StonesNoFilter

[twitter.com]

Date: March 12, 2018 18:06

Here we go - [www.axs.com]

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: March 12, 2018 18:23

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:01 by Santipab.

Date: March 12, 2018 18:29

Santipab
AXS gives very early start times for the two new shows: Southampton 17.00 (doors 15.00). Doesn't sound right does it?

I'm wondering if I can get the 11pm train back from Southampton though...

Does anyone have any educated guesses how long these shows might be, from the advertised showtime (support act presumably) until the end of the Stones' set? (Last time I saw them there was no support so it was just two hours straight and done, which I rather liked.)

I would say there will be a support band.

Reckon they will come on between 20.00 - 20.30 and finish around 22.30 aprox.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 12, 2018 19:08

In the UK, an American Express® presale will run from 9am on Tuesday 13 March to all American Express Cardmembers. For more info please visit axs.com/amexpresale. T&Cs apply

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 12, 2018 19:21

john lomax
There a plenty of great places to eat all over the UK. I am Australian but have lived in the UK for over 12 years. The choice of food here is easily as good as it is in the US and most of Europe, and in fact I would say its quite a lot better. I live in Winchester which is a small city (only 50,000 people) - we have great Japanese, Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Indian and Italian restaurants, as well as a rick Stein Seafood restaurant, two Michelin star restaurants, and lots of awesome pubs with excellent food. Anybody who thinks the UK doesn't have good food isn't going to the right places!

The last time I was there a few years ago, there was even a few decent Mexican food places in contrast to when I lived in Guildford in '87 when there was none - well there was one in London but it was f*#king horrible!
I recall a burrito place a few years ago in London that was part a franchise based in California (where I live). Have to say it was damn fine burrito, and to be eating it in London was something of a miracle!!! Still had a hard time finding a decent American style hamburger, but I guess the Hard Rock cafe might be the place to go if you're desperate. I recall in '87 eating at Wimpy burgers... practically anything would be a step above that. And McDonalds should be avoided and boycotted around the world. Best food in London - Indian, Chinese, Italian, Fish'n'Chips. Also had some very good Greek/Middle Eastern food, but nothing beats a proper English breakfast though! smiling smiley

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 12, 2018 19:57

I see everyone touting every kind of food except English? Is it that bad? I am looking forward to trying bangers and mash, shepards pie (of course), pie and mash, and fish & chips (naturally).

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 12, 2018 20:51

Well, I actually love a good Sheperd's Pie, Fish Pie, Bangers and Mash or a Beef Bourgignon. It's just to find the right place were they really use the good stuff. If the beef or the bangers are of rather bad quality, more fat than decent meat, it's awful. I your breakfast swims in luke warm oil, I hate it. So it all depends on the chef and the ingredients.....I ended up preferring to cook myself at home grinning smiley

Sue in Spain

My coat is torn and frayed, it's seen much better days, but as long as the guitar plays ....

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: March 12, 2018 21:02

I can not properly convey in words how happy (utterly delighted) I am that my favorite band is still rolling out on tour! Through all the changes over time they are still kicking ass, making 40,000-80,000 people happy (per show) as they perfom live some of the greatest songs ever written!

I may not be able to make to these shows myself, but as a huge fan I am delighted they are still doing what they do. When The Stones are on tour it is a good sign things are right (at least OK) with the world cool smiley

STONES!!!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: March 12, 2018 21:04

No, British food is great - plenty of great pubs with excellent Briiish food. If you are in the UK on Sunday you need to find a good pub, have some proper English, Scottish, Welsh or irish beer, and a Sunday roast.

Date: March 12, 2018 21:13

Dublin or Southampton? Having already bought tickets for shows in London (plus Berlin and Stuttgart), I'm thinking about adding one more show but I can't make up my mind – Dublin or Southampton…?
pro Dublin: opening show + international airport; contra Dublin: maybe a little bit too cold and too wet in mid-May
pro Southampton: smaller stadium, close to London, no extra flight needed; contra Southampton: no airport with flights to Frankfurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-12 21:14 by slewan.

Date: March 12, 2018 21:14

john lomax
No, British food is great - plenty of great pubs with excellent Briiish food. If you are in the UK on Sunday you need to find a good pub, have some proper English, Scottish, Welsh or irish beer, and a Sunday roast.

Now that sounds like an excellent plan!

Date: March 12, 2018 21:17

GAFF
john lomax

go to a drugstore or pharmacy first – they sell everything you will need (plus much more that is available in drugstores in other countries.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: March 12, 2018 21:56

slewan
GAFF
john lomax

go to a drugstore or pharmacy first – they sell everything you will need (plus much more that is available in drugstores in other countries.

All the foreign foods available in major towns and cities (and much smaller outlying areas) is just trying to keep up with how cosmopolitan we have become over the years. It is not unusual for a small village Chinese Takeaway to also cook sausages, pies, or fish and chips too!
But the best traditional British food will definitely be served in a good pub. But something to keep in mind re the wonderful traditional Sunday Lunch (often called a carvery, you line up and help yourself), is that it will only be served at lunch time. When all the freshly cooked food is gone, that's it, no more cooking for the day. Typically, they will serve the Sunday Lunch from about 12.30 - 4.00, and do not cook again in the evening. (Only on Sunday's though, all other days they cook in the evening, apart from the odd few who may be shut on Mondays).
This has definitely been the case in every pub I have had Sunday Roast Lunch, all over England and Wales. But it's well worth planning your day around it.

Date: March 12, 2018 21:59

ycagwywpmd
slewan
GAFF
john lomax

All the foreign foods available in major towns and cities (and much smaller outlying areas) is just trying to keep up with how cosmopolitan we have become over the years. It is not unusual for a small village Chinese Takeaway to also cook sausages, pies, or fish and chips too!
But the best traditional British food will definitely be served in a good pub. But something to keep in mind re the wonderful traditional Sunday Lunch (often called a carvery, you line up and help yourself), is that it will only be served at lunch time. When all the freshly cooked food is gone, that's it, no more cooking for the day. Typically, they will serve the Sunday Lunch from about 12.30 - 4.00, and do not cook again in the evening. (Only on Sunday's though, all other days they cook in the evening, apart from the odd few who may be shut on Mondays).
This has definitely been the case in every pub I have had Sunday Roast Lunch, all over England and Wales. But it's well worth planning your day around it.

Thank you for your input!

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: March 12, 2018 22:21

got general admission for first night at london stadium any ideas as whats best time to get there for for as close as possible standing position?

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: March 12, 2018 22:25

Some people have asked for recommendations or ideas for places to visit/sightseeing as they will be here for some holiday time too. So just to say, try and visit a castle or two, or more. There are so many I think we barely notice them and take these beautiful places for granted, eg, between London and the coast at Dover, try Leeds, Sissinghurst, Rochester, Hever Castles to name but a few. You won't be disappointed, and many have lovely restaurants, with fabulous British food (Sissinghurst eg grows all its own produce in the castle gardens.)

At Desert Trip, an American lady told me she had recently visited England, did I know Sissinghurst Castle she asked? Because she thought it the most beautiful place she had ever visited! Yes, I replied, I take my dog walking there every day. I saw it through new eyes when I got home, not sure my dog knows how lucky he is though

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 12, 2018 22:32

for the time I'll be in the UK, I could live off of steak and ale piesmiling smiley

Date: March 12, 2018 22:44

philrock90
got general admission for first night at london stadium any ideas as whats best time to get there for for as close as possible standing position?

In Barcelona I had general admission behind the pits. Everyone started queuing up about four hours before show time, and I made sure I was among the first. Ended up right at the end of the catwalk with Jagger five feet from me for a good part of the show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home