Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 7, 2018 16:01

justeillusion
slewan
well, as I mentioned before: When the rumors of the UK tour came up I had the feeling that there might be too many shows in the UK. To sell out all these shows 1 in 165 Britons has to buy a ticket…

it's not just the British who come!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And plenty of people going more than once

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 7, 2018 16:20

exhpart
justeillusion
slewan
well, as I mentioned before: When the rumors of the UK tour came up I had the feeling that there might be too many shows in the UK. To sell out all these shows 1 in 165 Britons has to buy a ticket…

but neither of this will make up those Britons who won't go to the shows…

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: March 7, 2018 16:59

The pricing is the main issue. Its been a bitter pill to swallow for hardcore fans. The general consensus among casual fans/wider general public (which is the target market for stadium shows) is that the price is utterly obscene.

Prices for big acts is constantly going through the roof. Guns N Roses :£150 Iron Maiden :£75 U2 :£85 But these prices get you in front of the stage where as you will be miles away for a similar price ticket for the stones. GC & Pit prices are pretty much unheard of for a regular tour show.

So taking that into account and seeing that a large majority of tix seem to have gone it proves there is still a huge demand. Had they of charged a top price £200 with GC at 150 and GA at 70, all shows would of sold out instantly and probably would have seen another Manchester and a Midlands show.

if worst comes to the worst they can just release more lucky dips to fill remaining space but there is plenty of time for people to save up for a ticket

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: March 7, 2018 18:44

All of a sudden Manchester seems to have seats and ga available in areas that were previously sold out.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 18:54

Fishstain
All of a sudden Manchester seems to have seats and ga available in areas that were previously sold out.

Not a good sign and it weakens the case for a 2nd show.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: March 7, 2018 19:06

PITS are dropping like flies for both shows right now on AXS. Pulled for both nights multiple times. Get em while they're hot!

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 19:10

And not just Manchester. Many sections have opened up for multiple shows that were previously unavailable. This definitely was not the experience last year -seems to be a sign of softer demand.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 7, 2018 19:17

Fishstain

They've added quite a few seats in Berlin and Stuttgart today as well.
Still no floor.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: March 7, 2018 19:57

While I'm optimistic when BV keeps a rumored show on the list, maybe he could be so kind as giving us some insight or opinion on the matter of a second Manchester or Midlands gig?

How about it, BV?

For the record, coming from America, I am hopeful of another Manchester show...

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 7, 2018 21:53

Which UK venue is the most narrow where the side seats would be the shortest distance to stage?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:01

DREAMTIME
Which UK venue is the most narrow where the side seats would be the shortest distance to stage?

Olympic Stadium has a running track around the field so that has a very wide floor area. I had lower front tier in Cardiff in 06 and felt a long way off, so I'd say Old Trafford or Twickenham were nearest, but it's a stadium tour, so nothing is "close"

sc uk

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:02

DREAMTIME

Rugby pitches (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Twickenham) are longer and wider than football pitches (Old Trafford, London Stadium)

BUT London Stadium was built as an athletics stadium and the pitch is a LONG way from the stands

On that not very scientific basis probs old trafford. Unless the Coventry gig comes off

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:04

DREAMTIME

I think to answer that you need to look at the width of the pitches. Rugby pitches (Twickenham, Murrayfield) are 70m wide. Football/soccer pitches (Manchester, Cardiff) vary greatly (45-90m). I'd imagine both of them are on the wider side.

London Stadium is a whole other question; it is more like an Athletics stadium with a football pitch in the middle, so the sides curve more. It could be if you're near the stage it could be quite close, but midway along the field you'd be miles away. Perhaps someone with experience of the venue can offer more precise information.

syrel

EDIT - Old Trafford is 68m wide, so about the same as Rugby. Cardiff is 79m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 22:06 by syrel.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:28

pending licence mean that Croke Park can be cancelled? first show of tour and still not on sale..?

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:29

Looks like a mass amount of tickets across all shows have opened up. Other than not selling previous allocations it seems odd unless they were holding a bunch of them back or fooling people into thinking it was sold out.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:42

exhpart
justeillusion
slewan

Like me, coming over from Spain grinning smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 7, 2018 22:51

straycatuk
DREAMTIME

Olympic Stadium has a running track around the field so that has a very wide floor area. I had lower front tier in Cardiff in 06 and felt a long way off, so I'd say Old Trafford or Twickenham were nearest, but it's a stadium tour, so nothing is "close"

sc uk

I had upper their at Cardiff and felt miles away, but I did have 6 rows from the front at Twickenham the week before.

I have golden circle this time.

Date: March 7, 2018 23:15

A lot of real long term fans have been priced out this time. We thought prices would be about the same as last year, maybe a little more like £150 for Gold Circle , but no they have decided to gouge us this time.

We've bought tickets for a couple of shows GA which I swore I'd never do again as it's just too far away. 10 shows planned, but I feel like throwing those 2 back and cutting it all down to 3 or 4 Gold Circle - I found the PIT overrated with a limited view.

With flights booked for Dublin , Berlin and Marseille that will probably mean only 1 UK show. Never thought I'd be in this position. Sales seem slow with PIT for London available all day today and GA turning up again. SAD SAD SAD.

I've got to decide soon as I'll be letting people down. Sometimes you have to say "enough !"

SC UK

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:32

straycatuk
A lot of real long term fans have been priced out this time. We thought prices would be about the same as last year, maybe a little more like £150 for Gold Circle , but no they have decided to gouge us this time.
SC UK

Definitely empathize with this sentiment expressed by several.

I feel a bit guilty by being somewhat pleasantly surprised with the prices for my first UK tour. Last concert I attended in Vegas I believe every floor seat was $450 on up- and pit was $750. I got in w a Lucky Dip ($50). It really is supply and demand along with cutting out the resellers though.. £249 to be on the floor, just behind the pit (an option I've not encountered before) seems like a bargain to me. Add the £30 LD's to the mix, and it makes several shows reasonable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-07 23:35 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 7, 2018 23:42

Happy24
Yeap, just look at how Stockholm or Copenhagen was selling the last year - absolutely no problem to get tickets pretty much in all cathegories, even Pit was easy to get and it was cheaper than this year in Warshaw. I can't see any logic in that, except that the demand in Poland is much higher and people just want to see The Stones no matter what.

The difference is also that Poland´s got previous show in 2007, so 11 years ago, while they have already played Stockholm and Roskilde back in 2014, so just 3 years before No Filter Tour. So the buzz there was surely not as huge as they´ve been almost constant visitors. Same with places like Zurich.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:09

straycatuk
DREAMTIME

sc uk

Thank-you.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:10

yorkshirestone
DREAMTIME

Rugby pitches (Cardiff, Edinburgh, Twickenham) are longer and wider than football pitches (Old Trafford, London Stadium)

BUT London Stadium was built as an athletics stadium and the pitch is a LONG way from the stands

On that not very scientific basis probs old trafford. Unless the Coventry gig comes off

Thank-you.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:12

syrel
DREAMTIME

I think to answer that you need to look at the width of the pitches. Rugby pitches (Twickenham, Murrayfield) are 70m wide. Football/soccer pitches (Manchester, Cardiff) vary greatly (45-90m). I'd imagine both of them are on the wider side.

London Stadium is a whole other question; it is more like an Athletics stadium with a football pitch in the middle, so the sides curve more. It could be if you're near the stage it could be quite close, but midway along the field you'd be miles away. Perhaps someone with experience of the venue can offer more precise information.

syrel

EDIT - Old Trafford is 68m wide, so about the same as Rugby. Cardiff is 79m

Thank-you.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:13

odean73
straycatuk
DREAMTIME

sc uk

I had upper their at Cardiff and felt miles away, but I did have 6 rows from the front at Twickenham the week before.

I have golden circle this time.

Thank-you.

Date: March 8, 2018 00:50

MisterDDDD
straycatuk
SC UK

I feel a bit guilty by being somewhat pleasantly surprised with the prices for my first UK tour. Last concert I attended in Vegas I believe every floor seat was $450 on up- and pit was $750. I got in w a Lucky Dip ($50). It really is supply and demand along with cutting out the resellers though.. £249 to be on the floor, just behind the pit (an option I've not encountered before) seems like a bargain to me. Add the £30 LD's to the mix, and it makes several shows reasonable.

The plan was a lot of shows in Gold circle. It gets expensive when buying 2 or sometimes 4 per show. £249 for GC is not out of the way, but it all adds up and different people's budgets have to be taken into account. Maybe we are trying to do too much. One or Two shows a year and $1000 seats have been the norm , most recently in Vegas, but these are massive stadium gigs.Last year was perfect.

Sorry for bringing up prices and I know there's another thread for it, but ticket availability and pricing are 2 sides of the same coin.

sc uk

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 8, 2018 00:52

Pits available for all 3 london shows at the moment.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 01:02

for curiosity how far are London Stadium and Twickenham Stadium from each other ??

In London the amount of first class stadiums for one city is amazing

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 01:15

Healy52003
for curiosity how far are London Stadium and Twickenham Stadium from each other ??

Not really when you take into account its 9 million population and being in a region of 20 odd million. The 2 stadia are 19 miles apart and a journey between the 2 would take the thick end of an hour by public transport. The London Stadium is in North London and Richmond far out into West London.

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: March 8, 2018 01:40

grzegorz67
Healy52003

Not really when you take into account its 9 million population and being in a region of 20 odd million. The 2 stadia are 19 miles apart and a journey between the 2 would take the thick end of an hour by public transport. The London Stadium is in North London and Richmond far out into West London.

first time visiting last year and i was astonished how busy the place was and the size of the buildings was scary (not used to massive skyscrapers, one sided elevators, extremely crowded tourist areas). I saw GNR in London Stadium and stayed in East Ham (area was very diverse with 90% of people been of middle eastern background etc). I'll be heading back to London in June for Pearl Jam end staying in the King William Hotel in Greenwich

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 8, 2018 02:46

straycatuk
MisterDDDD
straycatuk
SC UK

The plan was a lot of shows in Gold circle. It gets expensive when buying 2 or sometimes 4 per show. £249 for GC is not out of the way, but it all adds up and different people's budgets have to be taken into account. Maybe we are trying to do too much. One or Two shows a year and $1000 seats have been the norm , most recently in Vegas, but these are massive stadium gigs.Last year was perfect.

Sorry for bringing up prices and I know there's another thread for it, but ticket availability and pricing are 2 sides of the same coin.

sc uk

Yeah, plan for me was or 5 shows in the UK, PIT. But now.. PIT prices are very expensive, for me. and,,hotel costs, airplane ticket, food etc. it all adds up.
a shame , cause i was looking forward to many shows..(for maybe the last european tour).
Now i have 2 GC for Edinburgh and Prague. pleased with it, but would have been happier with PIT tickets. Realiy is, it costs too much.
Just hoping for the May 29 concert, where i can score a PIT ticket.
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home