Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:30

belld
Cost of GA Standing Hyde Park? Anyone remind me what we paid please.
It was £95 plus fees. So just north of a ton.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:49

So, if Ticketsales go well, i think we may expect an announcement of manchester 2 and may 29 (Coventry) in 2 weeks or so??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 16:00 by corriecas.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2018 15:56

corriecas
So, if Ticketsales go well, i think we may expect anannouncement of manchester 2 and may 29 (Coventry) in 2 weeks or so??

Can't wait that long for midlands.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 3, 2018 16:56

Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
Theres no point or incentive in doing a club show mid-tour unless its a private gig where they can trouser the same amount of money that they would for a 'regular' concert in a stadium.

Shepherds Bush 1999?

Completely different era. They'd also just scratched the surface with private shows then too.

The reason they played that show in the first place was because when they pulled the four UK stadium dates in 1998 for tax reasons they said they would make up for the inconvenience by playing a full UK tour with shows all over the country including small shows and visits to cities they hadnt been to in decades.

In the end they played one extra show - a theatre in London. The extra shows that got added were stadiums in Continental Europe.

They were still charging £35-40 for a stadium show in 1999 too. The whole MO has changed since then. The only motivation for playing a club show on the cheap is as a warm up gig.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-03 16:59 by Gazza.

Date: March 3, 2018 17:01

zgredzik
Some of you said sometime ago, that Stones won't play in Poland because tickets will have poor sale. Yesterday tickets sold out in 60 minutes and it's the first show of tour which is sold out grinning smiley it shows how much people here love The Rolling Stones and 11 years was enough to born the new generation of Stones fans

I'm sure more will become available but thats great to see. They should play more shows in Eastern Europe - its a market thats been neglected too much, for sadly obvious reasons.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: March 3, 2018 17:07

Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza
Theres no point or incentive in doing a club show mid-tour unless its a private gig where they can trouser the same amount of money that they would for a 'regular' concert in a stadium.

Shepherds Bush 1999?

Completely different era. They'd also just scratched the surface with private shows then too.

The reason they played that show in the first place was because when they pulled the four UK stadium dates in 1998 for tax reasons they said they would make up for the inconvenience by playing a full UK tour with shows all over the country including small shows and visits to cities they hadnt been to in decades.

In the end they played one extra show - a theatre in London. The extra shows that got added were stadiums in Continental Europe.

They were still charging £35-40 for a stadium show in 1999 too. The whole MO has changed since then. The only motivation for playing a club show on the cheap is as a warm up gig.

Not forgetting a DVD release of a London club gig would be a good motivation for the Stones, as part of some kind of box set of live gigs.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 3, 2018 17:40

Gazza
Monsoon Ragoon
Gazza

Shepherds Bush 1999?

Not even the four British stadium shows in 1999 were all sold out. Why schedule six or seven stadium shows then? And you mean SBE had not happened if they had got an offer for a private show then? That makes more sense.

Date: March 3, 2018 21:54

No. I think they were always going to play a small show somewhere. Its just that they stated there would be several of them around the country.

There was never any indication or suggestion that they would play more than 4 stadium shows. By '6 or 7 stadium shows' - do you mean in 2018? I guess they're just more of a draw now than then and there are different ways for a promoter to fill a stadium now if sales are slow.

Private shows werent really a 'thing' back in 1999 - theyd done one for Pepsi in January 1998, and even that was seen as a bit of an outrageous thing to do at the time for a rock n roll band. I dont recall that there were any rumours of a private show, but whilst they announced the 1999 rescheduled dates pretty soon after the 1998 shows were pulled in early June, I think by December '98 when extra shows started to be added in Germany, Holland etc we pretty much knew we werent getting an extended run of UK dates!

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 3, 2018 22:36

Gazza
No. I think they were always going to play a small show somewhere. Its just that they stated there would be several of them around the country.

There was never any indication or suggestion that they would play more than 4 stadium shows. By '6 or 7 stadium shows' - do you mean in 2018? I guess they're just more of a draw now than then and there are different ways for a promoter to fill a stadium now if sales are slow.

Private shows werent really a 'thing' back in 1999 - theyd done one for Pepsi in January 1998, and even that was seen as a bit of an outrageous thing to do at the time for a rock n roll band. I dont recall that there were any rumours of a private show, but whilst they announced the 1999 rescheduled dates pretty soon after the 1998 shows were pulled in early June, I think by December '98 when extra shows started to be added in Germany, Holland etc we pretty much knew we werent getting an extended run of UK dates!

Ah, you meant more club shows in UK 1999, not big shows. And yes, they rather played big shows in Europe instead. What would we do if we can choose between some 1000 and some 100.000 bucks? It didn't really work however, at least not in Germany - I remember the half-filled Cologne stadium although BAP was the opening act which were kind of "big" there. But that was just the local promotors problem.

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: March 4, 2018 00:07

corriecas
So, if Ticketsales go well, i think we may expect an announcement of manchester 2 and may 29 (Coventry) in 2 weeks or so??

Looks like Manchester is selling well (most sections now Sold out) so hopefully the second date will be added this week.

Cardiff sales look poor. (Ed Sheeran playing 3 nights at the same venue and speaking from experience most Bristolians would prefer to drive up the M4 to London rather than pay the bridge toll to Wales won't have helped)

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 4, 2018 00:10

What happens if a friend buys me a ticket, and if they check id, wouldnt
m y friends name be on it? Please fill me in on this thanx

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 00:35

carouslambra
corriecas

Looks like Manchester is selling well (most sections now Sold out) so hopefully the second date will be added this week.

Cardiff sales look poor. (Ed Sheeran playing 3 nights at the same venue and speaking from experience most Bristolians would prefer to drive up the M4 to London rather than pay the bridge toll to Wales won't have helped)

Ed Sheeran the week after the Stones plus the week before the Stereophonics are playing in the nearby Cardiff City football stadium. I'm sure though that gradually it will fill up as the date approaches - particularly once the tour has started.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:16

babyblue
What happens if a friend buys me a ticket, and if they check id, wouldnt
m y friends name be on it? Please fill me in on this thanx

ID check would only be applicable if you were buying Lucky Dips or if they chose Will Call as the shipping option. Then the person who purchased them would have to have ID to pick up, the other person would not need to either way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 02:15 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: March 4, 2018 01:53

So... have any of the shows actually sold out yet? Usually you hear they've sold outwithin five minutes when the reality is that tickets have all been taken by scumbag ticket agencies but I haven't even heard that yet. Perhaps I've missed something.

What's happening, me old muckers?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 4, 2018 04:25

Some have sold well, but it seems to be oversaturated within the UK.
Seats might fill up more between now and May, and especially once the tour starts.
If not, there will be price drops and/or plenty more Lucky Dips, and those patiently sitting on a fence will be rewarded

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 4, 2018 05:18

Harlem Shuffler
So... have any of the shows actually sold out yet? Usually you hear they've sold outwithin five minutes when the reality is that tickets have all been taken by scumbag ticket agencies but I haven't even heard that yet. Perhaps I've missed something.

What's happening, me old muckers?
More like used to be you hear they sold out within minutes.
Hasn't been that way for quite a few tours, since "flex pricing". The promoters would actually be pi**ed if it sold out in minutes these days.

From their promoter in 2013 "The strategy is designed to gauge what the market will bear for lower bowl seats and to keep those tickets off the secondary market by upping the risk and cutting into the profit margins for brokers. The practice is not new, particularly with the Stones",

Flex Pricing' Ticket Strategy: ‘I Want the Brokers Pissed Off
[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: Jos ()
Date: March 4, 2018 08:57

I bring my son of 12 to the Berlin show, what is this supposed to mean (Eventime)???

'Konzertbesucher unter 16 Jahren benötigen die formellen und unterschriebenen Angaben der Erziehungsbeauftragung. Dazu nutzen Sie bitte das Formular des Veranstalters.'

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 4, 2018 09:10

Jos
I bring my son of 12 to the Berlin show, what is this supposed to mean (Eventime)???

'Konzertbesucher unter 16 Jahren benötigen die formellen und unterschriebenen Angaben der Erziehungsbeauftragung. Dazu nutzen Sie bitte das Formular des Veranstalters.'

in your case: nothing. This rule only applies to youth who visit the shows without their parents.

Date: March 4, 2018 09:57

Thx slewan

Posted by: kerikati ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:42

Does anyone has info about GA standing tickets for Stuttgart?
Will it be available at eventim.de or do I have to search for another source?
I've misssed the pre-sale sad smiley((

Posted by: richie26188 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:45

If they were playing arena shows with 20k capacity then I suspect they’d have sold out much quicker, with stadium shows however I actually think the pricing structure may deter touts. Demand is high but not that of an arena show (Eg 02 dates not too long ago). Stones shows are already quite expensive, it is a big gamble for touts with upwards of 60k tickets per gig on offer to make a decent profit ontop of Stones prices.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:50

As MrDDDD pointed out a few posts earlier - selling out early is not the point. The promoters would rather take longer and sell for a higher price than sell out quickly at to low a price (or too few tickets, as in the case of arenas)

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 10:50

kerikati

Be patient, check eventim often and you will get what you want. Don't buy from any "other sources" if you don't want to feel like an idiot later

Posted by: kerikati ()
Date: March 4, 2018 11:01

Happy24
kerikati

Be patient, check eventim often and you will get what you want. Don't buy from any "other sources" if you don't want to feel like an idiot later

Thanks, that what I do for days, but than I'll keep on trying smiling smiley

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: March 4, 2018 11:13

kerikati
Happy24
kerikati

Thanks, that what I do for days, but than I'll keep on trying smiling smiley

Does that advise to wait still hold for London Stadium where there will perhaps be the most demand for tickets?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 4, 2018 11:32

slewan
Jos

in your case: nothing. This rule only applies to youth who visit the shows without their parents.

Yes, but doesn't this also mean that Jos must prove that he is the parent?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:06

Rolling Hansie
slewan
Jos

Jos should take his and his son's ID to the show. Just in case. If they got the same surname it's no problem. In the past I didn't see anyone checking children and parents. Last year I took my daughter (13) to her first Stones show in Düsseldorf. No problems, no extra check. She just needed a ticket...

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:23

MAF
Rolling Hansie
slewan
Jos

Jos should take his and his son's ID to the show. Just in case. If they got the same surname it's no problem. In the past I didn't see anyone checking children and parents. Last year I took my daughter (13) to her first Stones show in Düsseldorf. No problems, no extra check. She just needed a ticket...
Dont want to be afraid but ...
First check the venue rules
Sometimes already available when booking
Sometimes availabale only few days before the show, that'a pain in what you know
Security is supposed to check all identities, in Europe, due to Terrorism conditions at high level, and they are supposed too to check everybody (body check I mean)
The trouble is that it is very difficult for them to do that, that needs a too long time. And the crowd will push and push and push again
I often saw a very light body check, some times no body check at all.
Anyways, bring tour ID, and your kid ID too. Never ID check.

The only place I saw a real ID check was in Barcelona last year, but it was very clear as soon as you tried to book a ticket. In Barcelona, that was a mess but that is a n other story

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-03-04 13:24 by lenurb.

Date: March 4, 2018 13:30

lenurb
MAF
Rolling Hansie
slewan
Jos

Dont want to be afraid but ...
First check the venue rules
Sometimes already available when booking
Sometimes availabale only few days before the show, that'a pain in what you know
Security is supposed to check all identities, in Europe, due to Terrorism conditions at high level, and they are supposed too to check everybody (body check I mean)
The trouble is that it is very difficult for them to do that, that needs a too long time. And the crowd will push and push and push again
I often saw a very light body check, some times no body check at all.
Anyways, bring tour ID, and your kid ID too. Never ID check.

The only place I saw a real ID check was in Barcelona last year, but it was very clear as soon as you tried to book a ticket. In Barcelona, that was a mess but that is a n other story

Will bring our passports

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: March 4, 2018 13:47

Feel incredibly lucky we get to see the Stones live again on British soil. Got 2 Gold circle and 1 No Filter Pit ticket for the 3 London shows. Mega expensive but how many more times will they play a stadium tour in London/England again? Definitely have to make the most of it smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1622
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home