Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:12

schwonek
What I dont like about the current Eventim pre sale - you cant see the layout and cant choose from it.

Germany Eventim: choose your tix!
Layout = Saalplanbuchung on the top, right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 13:15 by satisfaction2.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:32

rstass
Thanks Syrel,

that is what but I do not understand:

Your link is refer to axs.com amex presale and here are no VIP packages.

The link what yesterday Topi put the london shws topic is also axs link but refer to VIP packages:

[www.axs.com]

When I go simple to axs.com and search "Rolling Stones" I was forwarded to this site:
[www.axs.com]
Here can be read: amex presale coming soon...

It must be somewhere VIP package at amex presale site ! but where ?

What I found yesterday was:
1. AEG page offered a list of 5 shows.
2. When you clicked on a show, you were given a 'hey, we have some VIP offers. on the next page (which was enter waiting room, or get tickets).

Today for Amex:
1. AEG page offered a list of 5 shows (same page just slightly different link)
2. When you click on a show, the next page is simply 'get tickets', there are no links to VIP stuff.

Hence my conclusion - no VIP tickets via Amex.

syrel

EDIT - I've just done some messing around with the URLS - swapping Stones for AmexUK etc - but it takes you to the same VIP page, so it doesn't look like there are any additional tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 13:41 by syrel.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: February 28, 2018 13:57

spain73
Juniorjackflash
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Did anyone already receive the etickets?

Released 3 days before the show (according to email - For Edinburgh anyway)

London May, 22 too
After the No Code pre sale we will get the No Ticket concerts

Posted by: Lexxi ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:37

Does anyone know if there'll be lucky dips for this tour? smiling smiley

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:45

Many thanks Syrel for the explanation!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:46

Lexxi
Does anyone know if there'll be lucky dips for this tour? smiling smiley

I did see a price list on one of the official ticket websites yesterday that had lucky dips on the list but not for sale yet so yes I think they will be on sale soon.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 14:47 by Nate.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 28, 2018 14:47

Yes that was the Polish site I believe.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: February 28, 2018 15:56

Any more news or rumours on the midlands show?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:30

stereomanic

The optional shows will not be released until after they see how London and Manchester is selling on Friday.

Bjornulf

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:44

bv
stereomanic

The optional shows will not be released until after they see how London and Manchester is selling on Friday.

That would be a sensible business decision. However, if they decide not to take up these options, it will be Dublin May 17th, London May 22nd then a lengthy 2 week wait before Manchester June 5th before the tour then proceeds at a 'normal' pace of a show every 3/4 days. The 3 optional shows run consecutively. Nonetheless, I'm sure they (and we) can cope.

Posted by: glen ()
Date: February 28, 2018 16:47

bv
stereomanic

Does that include the second date at the Olympic Stadium or will that depend on the ticket sales of the other two optional shows?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:00

Gazza
Healy52003
according to an Irish paper the following are the prices for the Croke Park gig

€71,€90,€136 and €181 (+€6.85 TM fee)

I imagine GA is €90 and no listed prices for Golden Circle and pit yet

Not bad, if thats the case - and those prices would make sense if they're going to fill a stadium of that size in an island of 6 million people. Most of whom will be the sort of event junkies that turn up to any large scale gig.

I'd be surprised if the best seats are 'only' €181, going by the UK prices though and I would assume all of those prices are without the booking fee, which is calculated against the ticket price. €6.85 looks more like a standard fee for posting the tickets, surely.

It'd be such a shame if Dublin doesn't go ahead.

Seeing them in Edinburgh will be great but to see them at home also in Ireland would be wonderful smiling smiley

Posted by: Healy52003 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:14

IrelandCalling4
Gazza
Healy52003

Not bad, if thats the case - and those prices would make sense if they're going to fill a stadium of that size in an island of 6 million people. Most of whom will be the sort of event junkies that turn up to any large scale gig.

I'd be surprised if the best seats are 'only' €181, going by the UK prices though and I would assume all of those prices are without the booking fee, which is calculated against the ticket price. €6.85 looks more like a standard fee for posting the tickets, surely.

Seeing them in Edinburgh will be great but to see them at home also in Ireland would be wonderful smiling smiley

yeah its 50/50 really

the DCC could get scared by the residents objection and concerns and decided nah its worth it and wont licence the show. I doubt the band have a back up venue lined up either

If the ticket sale does go ahead on the 23rd March than its anyones guess

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:18

They might play on the continent if the additional shows are not needed. Holland or Norway wouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:34

Agreed Healy52003, I doubt a back up venue is held. So its Croker or bust I'm afraid. They already have the 3 Croker gigs allowed (alongside other events), so this licence would be a 4th and set a precedent the residents do not want. I'm very hopeful though.

Date: February 28, 2018 17:47

IrelandCalling4
Agreed Healy52003, I doubt a back up venue is held. So its Croker or bust I'm afraid. They already have the 3 Croker gigs allowed (alongside other events), so this licence would be a 4th and set a precedent the residents do not want. I'm very hopeful though.

intresting facts about these 3 concerts per year thing

ok so in 2014 they liceneced 3 One Direction gigs for May of that year and they went ahead. In Jan 2014 Garth Brooks announced his was playing 2 gigs there in July 2014 but after the intial 2 show sold out and 3rd then a few weeks later shows 4 and 5 were added. Then shit hit the fan on early July and the DCC only liceneced 3 GB shows thus breaking the 3 per year agreement (in total 6 concerts were offically licenced for Croke Park in 2014) and all those GB shows fell apart as we all knw

Same in 2009 when u2 played 4 shows in Croke Park

This breaking of the 3 per year rule does happen but in 2018 will it happen again. Its risky for the DCC. Taylor Swifts 2 shows are not near sold out either is Michael Bubles show this summer.

The Aviva Stadium was well big enough for the stones (45000 approx) and should of been booked by Aiken cause its only been used for 1 concert this year so far and the next game there is not til the 26th May

Have a backup plan myself which will hopefully work out if needs be (tues 5th June manchester)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 17:56 by Healy52003.

Posted by: slane82 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 17:53

Reminds me of the frustration I felt when my university refused to allow the Stones to play there in 1982:

[giraffe.arvixe.com]

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:10

Does anyone know how the Ticketmaster presale will work? Codes, etc? There are no details on the TM site other than start and end times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 18:19 by GAFF.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:11

Healy52003
IrelandCalling4
Gazza
Healy52003

yeah its 50/50 really

the DCC could get scared by the residents objection and concerns and decided nah its worth it and wont licence the show. I doubt the band have a back up venue lined up either

The promoter lines up the back up venue, not the band. And a council isnt going to get 'scared' by a few residents if theres MILLIONS of Euro in tourism to be made. Its not as if Irish politicians have no previous history in bending regulations.

And I would bet the band's tour management company and promoters would have foreseen this. They covered that eventuality in 2006 when Wembley wasnt ready and they used Twickenham.

This is the most high profile show of the tour, being the opener. After the Garth Brooks fiasco, it would be catastrophic for Aiken Promotions' reputation and that of Dublin as a concert attraction if the show didnt take place at all. Right now, if I was a betting man, I'd give the Croke show a 70% chance of going ahead and a Dublin show anywhere at at least 90%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-28 18:12 by Gazza.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:11

Thought I'd try the Cardiff show via the Amex presale but still no luck - the only option for deliver it's giving me is for Royal Mail w/ signature for UK only. No way to get tix from U.S. angry smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:24

JN99
Thought I'd try the Cardiff show via the Amex presale but still no luck - the only option for deliver it's giving me is for Royal Mail w/ signature for UK only. No way to get tix from U.S. angry smiley

I was a bit confused, as it appears to allow you to enter a delivery address in the US, and to pay?

Date: February 28, 2018 18:30

Gazza
Healy52003
IrelandCalling4
Gazza
Healy52003

yeah its 50/50 really

The promoter lines up the back up venue, not the band. And a council isnt going to get 'scared' by a few residents if theres MILLIONS of Euro in tourism to be made. Its not as if Irish politicians have no previous history in bending regulations.

And I would bet the band's tour management company and promoters would have foreseen this. They covered that eventuality in 2006 when Wembley wasnt ready and they used Twickenham.

This is the most high profile show of the tour, being the opener. After the Garth Brooks fiasco, it would be catastrophic for Aiken Promotions' reputation and that of Dublin as a concert attraction if the show didnt take place at all. Right now, if I was a betting man, I'd give the Croke show a 70% chance of going ahead and a Dublin show anywhere at at least 90%.

Paddypower have since got rid of the bet but earlier in the week they had a croke park 4th concert special bet

Croke Park will 4 concerts take place there in 2018
Yes- 1/5
No- 4/1

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:46

drbryant
JN99

I was a bit confused, as it appears to allow you to enter a delivery address in the US, and to pay?

I didn't even get that far, this is what I get for delivery so I assume I cannot move forward and use a U.S. address:

Select a delivery method
Royal Mail Signed For™ (UK only)

That's it, only option. Did you see something different?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 28, 2018 18:55

grzegorz67
bv
stereomanic

That would be a sensible business decision. However, if they decide not to take up these options, it will be Dublin May 17th, London May 22nd then a lengthy 2 week wait before Manchester June 5th before the tour then proceeds at a 'normal' pace of a show every 3/4 days. The 3 optional shows run consecutively. Nonetheless, I'm sure they (and we) can cope.

Would love to see a midlands show as it would save me some money on hotels, saying that I wouldn't mind the london stadium on a Friday or Saturday and to see the Olympic stadium and also London is good atmosphere for the stones.

I have Edinburgh and Cardiff booked.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 28, 2018 19:01

bv
Irix
Thanks to atsu69 :

[Twitter.com] · Hot Stuff Japan

I have added these maps/tables to the IORR 2018 tour pages.
Thanks to Atsu-y-atsuy for making these!

Atsu-y-atsuy Facebook pages:
[www.facebook.com]
I like the map, but Cardiff is not in England it is in Wales!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 28, 2018 19:25

Welsh Stone

I like the map, but Cardiff is not in England it is in Wales!!

Atsu had it already corrected on 26-Feb-2018, 9:42pm GMT:

Corrected version - [Twitter.com]

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: February 28, 2018 19:51

I have booked Gold Circle for Murrayfield but I remain confident that Dublin will go ahead. I know the media has focused on residents opposed to the concert but there is a substantial number of other people living in the area who have no objection to the gig. It was a very different story with GB.

Date: February 28, 2018 20:03

oxegen
I have booked Gold Circle for Murrayfield but I remain confident that Dublin will go ahead. I know the media has focused on residents opposed to the concert but there is a substantial number of other people living in the area who have no objection to the gig. It was a very different story with GB.

getting a bit heated on Boards.ie about this licenece

One intresting point that if this is granted than the precidence of 3 concerts per year rule is abolished and whats stopping promoters applying for more than the legal number each year ???

As Dublin is the opening show of the tour and a few extra days are needed for production and rehersals etc it may go against Aiken and in favour of the residents as it will cause a lot of agro and delays around the area

Its getting nervy

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 28, 2018 20:09

Irix
Atsu had it already corrected on 26-Feb-2018, 9:42pm GMT:

Corrected version - [Twitter.com]

Interesting that there's been no rumours that I know of for any potential shows on June 12th.. Getting greedy.. but would be perfect as one would enable me to hit an amazing 5 shows in a two week stay.

Date: February 28, 2018 20:13

[www.independent.ie]

"It's like a big outdoor nightclub, 80,000 people coming to and from and that brings its own vibe to the area.

"It's atmosphere is very, very different than you would expect living next to a stadium where there are football games being played."

Those on the residents' association insisted they were not anti-GAA or anti-Croke Park.

A number who spoke at the meeting had mixed views on whether the concert should go ahead.

Eddie Traynor, who was vocal throughout the meeting, said allowing a fourth concert to take place would set a dangerous precedent.

"If we let them away once, if you don't hold your ground and you let them away once, it's four this year, it'll be five next year and before you know it, it'll be 10," he said.

"People say we shouldn't live there... our families were there long before that monstrosity was built," he added.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home