Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 91
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter UK/Europe Tour 2018 talks
Posted by: andy js ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:35

odean73
andy js
What's happened to Villa Park ???

The only other Midlands stadiums i can think of are Coventry (awful location and small) or the Molineux in Wolverhampton which is surely too small.

That's it for stadiums.

Odd.

It is strange how signs were so positive and cardiff wasn't.

Slightly disappointed with mostly mid week dates and hoping for a few more weekend dates and one for the midlands.

Another thing that comes to mind is i'm sure Aston Villa are relaying their pitch this summer. Mind you i'm not sure they'd start work as early as May

I'm still holding out some hope. It's been FAR too long since they played the countries second city

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:42

andy js

...It's been FAR too long since they played the countries second city

45 years and counting, I believe.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:45

andy js
odean73
andy js
What's happened to Villa Park ???

The only other Midlands stadiums i can think of are Coventry (awful location and small) or the Molineux in Wolverhampton which is surely too small.

That's it for stadiums.

Odd.

It is strange how signs were so positive and cardiff wasn't.

Slightly disappointed with mostly mid week dates and hoping for a few more weekend dates and one for the midlands.

Another thing that comes to mind is i'm sure Aston Villa are relaying their pitch this summer. Mind you i'm not sure they'd start work as early as May

I'm still holding out some hope. It's been FAR too long since they played the countries second city

Always thought I would never see them again in the midlands and was really building my hopes up, but it's like going back to square one again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 21:57 by odean73.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:04

Healy52003
what are the chances of picking up a seated ticket for Old Trafford later in the month if Dublin doesnt go ahead ????

Easy to get tickets for any band playing in a stadium,just turn up on the night and buy one outside there will be plenty around.
I have been all over Europe and done this and never failed to get in and quite often you can get tickets for a significant discount from the face value.
Don't worry about getting tickets for these shows you will get in.

Nate

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:11

mtaylor
How is Edinburgh / Murrayfield?
Is that a good audience for a Saturday night show with lots of enthusiastic people?

The last gig at Murrayfield Edinburgh in 1999 was considered by many to be one of the best atmospheric gigs of that tour. Main reason there was no over inflated pit tickets - so real fans who got to the front areas where the more enthusiastic type than those who get transported into the pit and have probably seen every show and are waiting to be entertained ,rather than make the band want to entertain them - If you are looking for enthusiastic crowds then Celtic crowds will be the best [Ireland and Scotland ] for atmosphere as long as you are not in the pit.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:14

Nate
Healy52003
what are the chances of picking up a seated ticket for Old Trafford later in the month if Dublin doesnt go ahead ????

Easy to get tickets for any band playing in a stadium,just turn up on the night and buy one outside there will be plenty around.
I have been all over Europe and done this and never failed to get in and quite often you can get tickets for a significant discount from the face value.
Don't worry about getting tickets for these shows you will get in.

Nate

Best advice EVER for stadium concerts... and applies all over the world. If it is bar concert with only 250 tickets available... maybe not... but 30-40-50600000 tickets buy outside night of the show and often you can get tickets for a significant discount from the face value.

PS
It is interesting they kept the same name... a name which I never saw explained.

Many theories were presented but never the significance of NO FILTER

Maybe in the end that is the point...
it only means andrefers to ROLLING STONES NO FILTER TOUR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 22:15 by Leonioid.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:19

I think it's quite curious that they are splitting the PITs into A and B, and that you have to choose one when you buy your ticket (at least this is the way it looks on Ticketmaster). Any ideas as to why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 22:25 by GAFF.

Date: February 26, 2018 22:21

GAFF
I think it's quite curious that they are splitting the PITs into A and B, and that you have to choose one when you buy your ticket. Any ideas as to why?

How do we know that you have to choose for certain which pit side you want a ticket for?
Just because the map states side A and side B doesn't mean that you will have to choose when purchasing tickets.

Nate

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:25

Leonioid

It's a reference to sharing photos on Instagram without applying a filter

i.e. they were appearing in their raw and unedited state.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:26

Nate
GAFF
I think it's quite curious that they are splitting the PITs into A and B, and that you have to choose one when you buy your ticket. Any ideas as to why?

How do we know that you have to choose for certain which pit side you want a ticket for?
Just because the map states side A and side B doesn't mean that you will have to choose when purchasing tickets.

Nate

It just looks funny that they list each side separately in the prices section. You'd think they'd just call it "Pit" if it were all the same to them.

Posted by: karimamilena ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:28

Can I just say that I'm just this happy that for me, as a rather new fan, I will be hopefully able to see them again this year. Probably twice in Germany.

When I was a teenager somewhen in the 80s I had an LP from the Stones. Lady Jane was on it. I really loved this one. Many yrs later my brother gave me KR bio and I was hooked.Started with last yrs tour. Looking forward to this ones,

OT: Happy For All UK/European Fans
Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: February 26, 2018 18:16

Glad All Fans in UK are finally getting the "Satisfaction" you wanted after the passing years. God Willing and Their Health Holds Up, We See Them Back in The U.S.A. next year I Hope?!!

Re: OT: Happy For All UK/European Fans
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 26, 2018 19:03

Cheerz, BamaStone!

And right back at ya: I hope your hopes will come true as well.

(P.S.: I don't think your thread is 'OT' at all...)

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:28

hockenheim95
schwonek
noughties
This is no family event. Rock is for those at 13 and above. One Trønder family had planned to see Robert Plant at Sverresborg open air museum in Trondheim together with their kids. -Nonsense, I`d say.

I disagree noughties. To „this“ I went with wife an 5yr ild son who happens to be a stones fan. Great seats, ear protection, in bed at eleven. A great family event.

Age 13 I've seen the Stones twice. Now it's over 30 times. So it is no nonsense!
Just before my 13th birthday i had seen them also twice.
Once when i was 7 and once a couple weeks shy of 13. smiling smiley
No problems whatsoever.
We were in the seats obviously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-26 22:51 by rebelhipi.

Date: February 26, 2018 22:31

I hope for South America again next year.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:33

except American express, when and on which site presales for edinburh?

Date: February 26, 2018 22:37

Is there even a amex pre sale?

Posted by: djrambler ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:40

Nate
GAFF

Nate

Just a guess as to why - but last year the process of getting into the pit was a little erratic. Sometimes they would open up both sides at the same time and other times they would open one side earlier and then the other side later after the first side was filling up. Sometimes they wouldn't open the second side till the opener was already on so lots of people were waiting and then would make a mad dash toward the front. It was not well run. So maybe having separate tix for each side ends all of that process. The London onsale is listing them separately (as is the Prague map) so seems like they are making you pick one side when you purchase the ticket.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:42

Hairball
spikenyc
The tour should be called "No Stopping".
No Filter was 2017.
This is 2018.
Its confusing.
Especially when we look back in a few years and look at the tours,No Filter will have 2 seperate years listed.

Either way, any Rolling Stones tour is better then none!

They could eventually be known as No Filter pt.I and No Filter pt. II
Or maybe No Filter'17 and No Filter '18.

Wondering if there's ever been a tour by any other band with a four month break in the middle of it that has used the same name?
Just a wild guess, but maybe U2?
Or No Filter Europe and No Filter UK

The lastest leg of the current Guns N Roses tour ended in December and it will continue in June in Europe. Probably because you cannot really do stadium shows in Europe in February and they can do some summer festivals aswell.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:43

CaledonianGonzo
Leonioid

Thanks

Interesting... I guess I missed them saying that officially.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:45

rollingloc

[www.aegpresents.co.uk]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:51

slewan
schwonek
karimamilena
slewan
karimamilena
But it still p?&%$§s me off that tix for Germany are always much more expensive than all other countries in Europe.

German taxes… plus bands trying to rip off Germany

I know, you're so right.

Much more expensive? Are you sure? Do you have examples?
Except the 799 No Filter Pit - last year the ticket range was pretty much all the same in every country give or take. In Poland now you pay around 160 Euro for the Golden area - which is kind of like the silver pit in Hamburg. You get pretty close if you want but not up front. And in Hamburg I payed 149 and I got pretty close. Plus the GA was gated off behind me. :-)
Also GA was 99 in 2017 almost all places and LD was 50. And now in Stuttgart it is even below 80 Euro! So, I disagree.

check it out by yourself:
Hamburg in 2017: [iorr.org]
Paris in 2017: [iorr.org]

where Paris had fosse d'or (golden circle standing) for 122,50 Euros the shows in Germany had Sitzplatz Innenraum (reserved seating on the pitch) for 499 Euros.
Silver pit standing in Hamburg was 149 Euros, Fosse (GA) in Paris 89,50 Euros

and – last but not least – Hamburg was a huge ourdoor venue while the Paris shows were in a middle sized indoor venue (a rugby stadium with a closed roof)

Ok. What's the point? Stuttgart and France are both below 80 Euro. Thats no rip off. I just don't see the point whining about the ticket prices. It drags me down.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:54

GAFF
I think it's quite curious that they are splitting the PITs into A and B, and that you have to choose one when you buy your ticket (at least this is the way it looks on Ticketmaster). Any ideas as to why?

No doubt because the system for entering the pit last year was shambolic, to say the least.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:55

Tonstone
mtaylor
How is Edinburgh / Murrayfield?
Is that a good audience for a Saturday night show with lots of enthusiastic people?

The last gig at Murrayfield Edinburgh in 1999 was considered by many to be one of the best atmospheric gigs of that tour. Main reason there was no over inflated pit tickets - so real fans who got to the front areas where the more enthusiastic type than those who get transported into the pit and have probably seen every show and are waiting to be entertained ,rather than make the band want to entertain them - If you are looking for enthusiastic crowds then Celtic crowds will be the best [Ireland and Scotland ] for atmosphere as long as you are not in the pit.
Thanks. I have been considering Edinburgh this time. And I was thinking of Scottish people being animated and partying at least on a weekend. It is boring going to a consert and people sitting down without spirit....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:55

Where are you all seeing the prices for the packages?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:58

Leonioid
CaledonianGonzo
Leonioid

Thanks

Interesting... I guess I missed them saying that officially.

They never said anything about Instagram nor does it have anything to do with Instagram. it does simply mean unfiltered, raw and unedited yes, but the phrase and concept did not begin with Instagram, rather it is used with respect to photography generally and has been for many decades, something that did exist before Instagram.

Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:04

Rokyfan

They never said anything about Instagram nor does it have anything to do with Instagram. it does simply mean unfiltered, raw and unedited yes, but the phrase and concept did not begin with Instagram, rather it is used with respect to photography generally and has been for many decades, something that did exist before Instagram.

Sure. It's a reference to the history of photography and the concurrent popularity of the term on social media is just a coincidence.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:07

Looking for info on Prague tickets. Going to need 2 Front of Stage (gold) tickets. Pit no good for recording since they will be playing behind me.

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:13

MisterDDDD
rollingloc

[www.aegpresents.co.uk]

Thanks! I registered for presales on thursday!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 26, 2018 23:13

Nate
I hope for South America again next year.

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmileys with beer

Misspelled "North"... drinking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 91

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home