Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11
Re: No Filter UK/Europe 2018 Tour Posters
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 31, 2018 17:30

I've never heard of a poster shipped flat. Even the vintage Fillmore posters I bought (only 3) came rolled. Personally I like the idea of flat if they're not damaged. I'm real sorry to hear some fellow fans got slighted on this deal. I know how important this is. I'd be very upset. Maybe there's a possibility of replacement? I hope so.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: July 31, 2018 17:31

What a shame! I was thinking of ordering one, undecided between Dublin and Marseille. But I might forget it, if they all arrive damaged eye rolling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 31, 2018 21:24

Hum...not sure about ordering the Marseille poster now ! Might go for the T-Shirt, it won't (hopefully) get damaged during shipping and its cheaper...and more useful ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-31 21:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 31, 2018 21:45

Their (www.rollingstnes.com) shipping is getting better, i.e. more organised (emails sent out saying that the order has been dispatched for example), and the shipping is a lot faster too. I remember during the ABB tour. F**k me, you ordered something in 2005 and you were lucky if it turned up by the time the tour ended in 2007 !!

My most recent purchases were three T-shirts, Twickenham, Prague, Warsaw, plus lithograph posters from those three gigs as well. I also got the Cardiff lithograph. All in all, a very special tour this was for me personally, I won't bore everyone with explaining why exactly ... just put it down to 'sentimental reasons'. I.E. specific people I shared some of those gigs with, the particular countries and/or towns those gigs were in, and so on .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 31, 2018 22:38

Received the Marseille one a couple of weeks ago, and had no problems with poster of t-shirt.

Then the one I thought I had cancelled, the Cardiff one, some money went out of my account and was on my door step arriving from work. Both were packed flat, which I thought was unusual and sealed in a plastic type envelope.

Once again, no problem with items.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 31, 2018 23:17

I ordered lithos from all ten gigs I attended. Paper stock this year is a lot different and cheaper than last year. Certainly not worth the $60 each, even by RS pricing standards!

In the US, mine were shipped in a tube. One litho was damaged and another didn't make the pack.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 31, 2018 23:59

last year I orded a poster through the UK shop – it came in a tube but was about 10% smaller than advertised. Thus I got 10 Euros refunded

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: August 1, 2018 09:00

slewan
last year I orded a poster through the UK shop – it came in a tube but was about 10% smaller than advertised. Thus I got 10 Euros refunded

Maybe that's why this year they do not even give measurements grinning smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 1, 2018 12:42

gotdablouse
Hum...not sure about ordering the Marseille poster now ! Might go for the T-Shirt, it won't (hopefully) get damaged during shipping and its cheaper...and more useful ;-)

I found yesterday in my mailbox the Marseille T-shirt in perfect condition (size M was out of stock the day of the show).

But look how was the special Olympique de Marseille / RS T-shirt received early july. A piece of crap with a big hole and with some grease everywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-01 12:45 by Massimo68.

Date: August 1, 2018 21:41

Massimo68
gotdablouse

I found yesterday in my mailbox the Marseille T-shirt in perfect condition (size M was out of stock the day of the show).

But look how was the special Olympique de Marseille / RS T-shirt received early july. A piece of crap with a big hole and with some grease everywhere.

Hope you got your money back.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:06

Massimo68
gotdablouse

That is so messed up. Hope you got your $$ + something for your trouble (like a 2nd shirt free....doubt it though).

On the topic - my Twick lithograph came flat - no problems....still waiting on Berlin, so we'll see.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:34

Massimo68
...But look how was the special Olympique de Marseille / RS T-shirt received early july. A piece of crap with a big hole and with some grease everywhere...

Got mine's in perfect condition

but I feel sorry for you Massimo and got your point.
Ît's a bit like a lottery now, if your order from these stores, Bravado and Amazon included Grrr angry smiley

HMN

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 1, 2018 22:47

Honestman
but I feel sorry for you Massimo and got your point.
Ît's a bit like a lottery now, if your order from these stores, Bravado and Amazon included Grrr angry smiley

It was a postal sorting center problem, the plastic envelope probably stuck somewhere at La Poste facility ant they don't care to send this garbage to the customer.
(I've sent back to "Made in Sport" and got another one few days after)

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2018 01:13

Those were probably the best looking t-shirts for the entire second leg of the No filter tour imo.
I remember someone posted them and I assumed they might have been custom/fan made, but I see you can buy them officially here:

Stones t-shirts

The black one is also available here at $19.99, but doesn't show what's on the back and looks like it might be a knockoff?

Stones t-shirt

Quality of (London) tour posters..
Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: August 14, 2018 12:28

In 2017 I bought most of my posters at the venues and they were all numbered.
This year I ordered all online and, no exception, none of the posters were numbered.
So far, so good, not a big deal as I really liked the quality of the posters/silkscreens but just curious:
How many posters are available per show: 200 numbered ones and xxxxx unnumbered??

All the London shows (London 1, London 2 and Twickenham) were sold out immediately online so decided to buy these at the US Store.
Received these posters last week and was really shocked by the quality:
London 1 and London 2 are no silkscreens, just prints. Paper is way thinner than all the other ones I have. The worst though was Twickenham: printed on Kodak photo paper and scratches all over...
Anyone same kind of experience? Is this just the US store or just the London posters?

Hendrik Mulder

Re: Quality of (London) tour posters..
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 14, 2018 13:00

All my litho's came damaged. I'll keep asking for replacements till I get a mint one. No refunds anymore.

Date: August 14, 2018 13:02

Pretty sure Edinburgh was numbered 150 prints. I will check when I get home. I would say that 2018 is the same quality as 2017. Are you saying the Kodak type paper is glossy? That's a lot of scratches and I don't think that's the way they're sold at venue. Hopefully the next tour will have nicer posters. I don't think they qualify to be called lithos anymore.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: August 14, 2018 13:13

Twickenham is just a print on cheap photo paper, anyone could do that for a fraction of the money spent. Just curious if anyone has the same experience? Anymore posters on Kodak paper? Are all the London posters this poor quality or is it just the US store?
All other posters I purchased (Dublin, Southampton, Manchester, Edinburgh, Berlin, Marseille,Prague and Warsaw) I'm very pleased with: all on very thick quality paper.

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 14, 2018 13:15

Everyone is talking about about lithographs. I have a feeling most of them are just, overpriced, posters. Just because they are numbered doesn't make them lithographs.
And it isn't the quality of the paper that makes the difference. It's the printing technique. To pay more than 20 box for a poster is a steal.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: August 14, 2018 13:50

I mentioned this a few times already in the 2017/2018 tour poster topic.

The 2 London and Twickenham posters are real silk screens. (not numbered)
The background color is in 2 different shades. Yellow for London 1, blue for London 2 and red for Twickenham.
They have a different size than the regular litho’s.
The silks screens sold online in Europe are exactly the same as the event silk screens.
They sold out within 24 hours are, as far as I know, not reprinted. I don’t know how many copies were made, anyone?

In the US online store they were sold as lithographs. I never saw one of these but I assume the background of these has no different shades.

The paper quality of the lithographs sold in the European store is more or less the same as the event litho’s, which is very good.
Sadly, the European store messed up delivery.
All lithographs I received were sent flat and arrived damaged.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: August 14, 2018 13:57

Stoneage
Everyone is talking about about lithographs. I have a feeling most of them are just, overpriced, posters. Just because they are numbered doesn't make them lithographs.
And it isn't the quality of the paper that makes the difference. It's the printing technique. To pay more than 20 box for a poster is a steal.

I'm not a printing expert but I think the quality of the lithographs is very nice, especially the event ones, but they are indeed highly overpriced.

Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: August 14, 2018 16:58

I live in the US- I ordered and payed for London 1 on May 24th, it still hasn't even shipped.

Date: August 14, 2018 18:12

Edinburgh has 200 copies. Sorry if I misled anybody. Hendrik that's too bad about the condition of your poster, and shipping them flat makes me scratch my head. Unless it's encased in seriously hard cardboard, but that would be costly.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: August 17, 2018 10:26

Great news: my new Berlin "litho" arrived in mint condition. Waiting for my third Stuttgart "litho" (poster).

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 7, 2018 12:14

10 posters that didn't pass the Mick check
(But his Stuttgart poster did... )

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 7, 2018 12:29

Lien
10 posters that didn't pass the Mick check
(But his Stuttgart poster did... )

[www.instagram.com]

Munich and Hamburg are great !
Marseille has the same inspiration as the one that was used.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: September 7, 2018 13:24

Ik like both the Edinburgh's ànd the Hamburg one better that the designs that were used in the end.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2018 14:13

Like the Manchester Bee one better than the one they used..
Wearing my Edinburgh one as I type, like it a lot, better than the ones that didn't make the cut, although the loch ness one is pretty cool cool smiley

Posted by: rara ()
Date: September 7, 2018 14:22

Munich is fantastic. Would have loved to see that one!

Date: September 7, 2018 15:23

Both Edinburgh and london for me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 10 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home