Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: No Filter UK/Europe 2018 Tour Posters
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 25, 2018 23:24

I somehow got the feeling that in 2017 the poster designs were more much inspired (except for Paris of course).
In 2018 the posters for all three London shows are especially poor/uninspired (Manchester, Cardiff and Stuttgart aren't great either)
The designers seem to run out of ideas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-25 23:24 by slewan.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 26, 2018 07:00

slewan
I somehow got the feeling that in 2017 the poster designs were more much inspired (except for Paris of course).
In 2018 the posters for all three London shows are especially poor/uninspired (Manchester, Cardiff and Stuttgart aren't great either)

For the most part I agree, though the new one for Stuttgart is easy on the eyes, and even if a bit uninspired it's the extreme opposite of the slapdash and haphazard/sloppy London designs.
While the Paris one might have the best design (so far), the Manchester one might be the worst of them all imo. Looking forward to the Prague and Warsaw designs, though am not expecting any masterpieces.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 26, 2018 07:22

slewan

I wouldn't say they run out of ideas, but they don't work their ideas properly.
A chrome tongue could have been a good idea if better designed.
Looks like Stuttgart has been made by a teenager using Paint...
The tongue's too big, the reflects are not really well made.

The details of the art are IMO much more disappointing than the idea itself.

Same for Manchester BTW

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 26, 2018 09:39

The US store does not seem to have the same inventory as the UK store.

Date: June 26, 2018 09:48

swimtothemoon
The US store does not seem to have the same inventory as the UK store.

it's a European tour…
here's the link to the UK store: [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:00

I was so looking forward to the prague poster. so many possibilities, and they came up with the ugliest shit I've seen in a while. plus it doesn't even make sense.

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:06

Thanks, laughinearlydied.

"The Prague lithograph honors draws attention to the city's street signs. A less distinguished part of any city’s makeup is the street signs. While this may seem like a small detail, the flashy red colors and sometimes gold trimming of the signs make the Prague street sign stand out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 23:06 by bye bye johnny.

Date: June 28, 2018 23:08

laughinearlydied
I was so looking forward to the prague poster. so many possibilities, and they came up with the ugliest shit I've seen in a while. plus it doesn't even make sense.

EDIT: I see bye bye johnny beat me to it with photo and description!

Not too bad, and definitely not the worst yet (that would be Manchester imo), though it is a bit minimal and bland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 23:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: laughinearlydied ()
Date: June 28, 2018 23:10

well it is obviously about personal preference and taste of course, but it doesn't make sense in czech. it is total nonsense. kind of bothers me.

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 29, 2018 09:59

Does anyone have a litho from this tour and could give me the exact size? I am thinking of ordering one to go along with my ones from last year (Munich and Barcelona), but as they are more expensive, I was wondering if they are actually larger eye rolling smiley

Date: June 29, 2018 10:09

Doc
slewan

I wouldn't say they run out of ideas, but they don't work their ideas properly.
A chrome tongue could have been a good idea if better designed.
Looks like Stuttgart has been made by a teenager using Paint...
The tongue's too big, the reflects are not really well made.

The details of the art are IMO much more disappointing than the idea itself.

Same for Manchester BTW

Aren't some poster made by the granddaughter of Charlie?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 10:53

TornFrayedSue
Does anyone have a litho from this tour and could give me the exact size? I am thinking of ordering one to go along with my ones from last year (Munich and Barcelona), but as they are more expensive, I was wondering if they are actually larger eye rolling smiley

Sorry i have no sizes, but they do look smaller to me.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: June 29, 2018 11:06

TornFrayedSue

My experience last year at least was lithos I bought at the show were smaller by a bit, but lithos ordered online were the 18x24 inches (sorry, American) advertised on the site.

Haven’t received any I ordered this year but the one I bought after the show in Dublin was smaller. The ones in London were bigger, but I believe that had something to do with those being screen prints and not lithos?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2018 14:51

TooTight
TornFrayedSue

My experience last year at least was lithos I bought at the show were smaller by a bit, but lithos ordered online were the 18x24 inches (sorry, American) advertised on the site.

Haven’t received any I ordered this year but the one I bought after the show in Dublin was smaller. The ones in London were bigger, but I believe that had something to do with those being screen prints and not lithos?

The one outside the stadium in Cardiff was smaller.. ordered it online though as I didn't have a tube with me..
Waiting on delivery, really hoping it is the same size as those at the show. Best design of the tour imo, but will be disappointed if not the smaller size.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: June 29, 2018 16:51

MisterDDDD
TooTight
TornFrayedSue

The one outside the stadium in Cardiff was smaller.. ordered it online though as I didn't have a tube with me..
Waiting on delivery, really hoping it is the same size as those at the show. Best design of the tour imo, but will be disappointed if not the smaller size.

All the lithos I bought on the shows 2017/2018 have the same paper size , 43,2 cm x 57,5 cm.
The show posters are numbered and have a white border.(see also my post on page 2 of this topic)
The white borders on the 2018 lithos are slighty wider.
In 2017 there were 150 numbered copies, for 2018 there are 200 numbered copies.
The 2017 lithos I bought on the site are not numbered.
They have the same paper size but no white border, so the image is of course larger.
I don't how the 2018 lithos from the site look like, but I asume this will the same as the 2017 lithos sold on line.

The 2018 London posters are no lithos but silkscreen prints.
These are larger,size is 51 cm x 76 cm and have a white border
These are not numbered. The ones sold at the shows are the same as the ones sold on the UK site.
I've noticed that in the US store these London posters are sold as lithos instead of silkscreens. I haven't seen this yet.
If anyone has other/additional info, please feel free to let us now.cool smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 29, 2018 17:33

vinckske

All the lithos I bought on the shows 2017/2018 have the same paper size , 43,2 cm x 57,5 cm.
The show posters are numbered and have a white border.(see also my post on page 2 of this topic)
They have the same paper size but no white border, so the image is of course larger.
I don't how the 2018 lithos from the site look like, but I asume this will the same as the 2017 lithos sold on line.

These are not numbered. The ones sold at the shows are the same as the ones sold on the UK site.
I've noticed that in the US store these London posters are sold as lithos instead of silkscreens. I haven't seen this yet.

To be more precise :
The Paris 2017 litho sold at the venue last year was numbered, 450 copies (150 x3 shows) and had NO white border.
During the 14 On fire and Zipcode tours, some lithos sold on the Stones' site were numbered, some were not...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 29, 2018 18:29

"The final lithograph on the No Filter 2018 Tour features a design inspired by the polarizing works done during the interwar period in Poland. During this time, artists explored the idea of conveying emotion through structured chaos."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 29, 2018 18:37

vinckske

Interesting.
The Cardiff litho appeared smaller in person than the others I saw..
Perhaps a wider border, not sure. Stunning though.

Date: June 29, 2018 18:52

Doc
vinckske

I don't how the 2018 lithos from the site look like, but I assume this will the same as the 2017 lithos sold on line.

If anyone has other/additional info, please feel free to let us know.cool smiley

To be more precise :
The Paris 2017 litho sold at the venue last year was numbered, 450 copies (150 x3 shows) and had NO white border.
During the 14 On fire and Zipcode tours, some lithos sold on the Stones' site were numbered, some were not...

Thanks for the additional info Doc.
I was at the 3 Paris shows but didn't buy the litho as I prefered the design on the vip cardboard posters.
I managed to get a few of these spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: June 29, 2018 19:16

I think the Prague is a gem ! The Cardiff one is also good , but not on a t-shirt . Love the Southampton one .
Really disappointed by the Manchester poster ...

Date: June 29, 2018 20:40

I find reading the brief summary of the inspiration behind each poster design
draws a new appreciation for the poster. Would be nice to accompany each poster
with this description. For me, the Prague poster is a good example of not fully
appreciating the design until reading the description.

Date: June 29, 2018 20:44

vinckske
Doc
vinckske

I don't how the 2018 lithos from the site look like, but I assume this will the same as the 2017 lithos sold on line.

If anyone has other/additional info, please feel free to let us know.cool smiley

To be more precise :

Thanks for the additional info Doc.
I was at the 3 Paris shows but didn't buy the litho as I prefered the design on the vip cardboard posters.
I managed to get a few of these spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Would love to add one of those cardboard posters to my collection - if somone
has one for sale!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 20:57

bye bye johnny

"The final lithograph on the No Filter 2018 Tour features a design inspired by the polarizing works done during the interwar period in Poland. During this time, artists explored the idea of conveying emotion through structured chaos."

I think this a great valuable poster.

Date: June 29, 2018 22:45

"inspired by the polarizing works done during the interwar period in Poland. During this time, artists explored the idea of conveying emotion through structured chaos".

This wasn't really exclusive to Warsaw or even to Poland as a whole, as artists from everywhere were exploring the same concepts, visuals, and methods.
But it's a nice and interesting design nevertheless.

Date: June 29, 2018 23:31

bye bye johnny

best poster in 2018! What a pitty that I won't to to Warsaw

Posted by: TornFrayedSue ()
Date: June 30, 2018 01:14

vinckske
MisterDDDD
TooTight
TornFrayedSue

Thanks all for your kind replies, especially vinckske for the detailed description. It is highly appreciated. I kind of like the Stuttgart and Warsaw posters, but to put up on the way of my living room they re too dark ,so I think I will opt for the Marseille one, which is light color, and i damit i am a fan of LE Corbusier smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2018 10:29

I'm getting the Le Corbusier one too, love his designs and particularly the Cité Radieuse where I went back (stayed at the Hotel there for Macca in 2015) on Wednesday morning for a jog ;-) I didn't see it for sale on Tuesday and didn't have a tube anyway. Will probably get the T-shirt too.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 30, 2018 11:11

TornFrayedSue
vinckske
MisterDDDD
TooTight
TornFrayedSue

Thanks all for your kind replies, especially vinckske for the detailed description. It is highly appreciated. I kind of like the Stuttgart and Warsaw posters, but to put up on the way of my living room they re too dark ,so I think I will opt for the Marseille one, which is light color, and i damit i am a fan of LE Corbusier smiling smiley

You're welcome smileys with beer

Date: June 30, 2018 11:17

gotdablouse
I'm getting the Le Corbusier one too, love his designs and particularly the Cité Radieuse where I went back (stayed at the Hotel there for Macca in 2015) on Wednesday morning for a jog ;-) I didn't see it for sale on Tuesday and didn't have a tube anyway. Will probably get the T-shirt too.

Love the Le Corbusier too.
I couldn't make it to the Marseille show so I asked a friend to buy the litho for me.
He went to 3 merch stands but he didn't see it for sale either.
Was it actually for sale on the show?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 30, 2018 14:20

Would also like to know ! Not at the booth when leaving the stadium or outside as far as I could tell. Maybe there were some inside the stadium ? Actually I couldn't even see the t-shirt for sale but some people had one so that one was somewhere.

The view from the second queuing area :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-30 14:23 by gotdablouse.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home