Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11
Re: No Filter UK/Europe 2018 Tour Posters
Posted by: Gaetzi ()
Date: May 10, 2018 18:55

Does anyone know if all the gig posters eventually end up on their website for sale? I def want one from the 5/22 gig but would rather purchase it after vs buying at the show

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2018 19:03

Gaetzi
Does anyone know if all the gig posters eventually end up on their website for sale? I def want one from the 5/22 gig but would rather purchase it after vs buying at the show

Yes, but you gotta be fast because some posters sell out faster than others:

[therollingstonesshop.com]

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 10, 2018 19:15

Cristiano Radtke
Gaetzi

Yes, but you gotta be fast because some posters sell out faster than others:

[therollingstonesshop.com]

[store.digitalstores.co.uk]

pretty amazing since Munich was one of the best posters of the tour (though not one of the best shows)

Date: May 10, 2018 19:21

Thanks guys! maybe I just fly w a cardboard tube and suck it up, buy a poster after the gig. I assume merch stands are open after the show?

Date: May 10, 2018 19:28

Gaetzi
Thanks guys! maybe I just fly w a cardboard tube and suck it up, buy a poster after the gig. I assume merch stands are open after the show?

they are – cause this band knows how to make money. Anyway – sometimes it cheaper and more convenient to order a poster

and – hold on to your seat – posters were sold for 50 Euros last year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-05-10 19:30 by slewan.

Date: May 10, 2018 19:31

Gaetzi

If I were you, I'd go to the merch stands as soon as they are open, if you can. Some items like concert T-shirts and posters are usually the first ones to sold out.

Date: May 10, 2018 19:45

Cristiano Radtke
Gaetzi

If I were you, I'd go to the merch stands as soon as they are open, if you can. Some items like concert T-shirts and posters are usually the first ones to sold out.

Yeah, better safe than sorry. You always seem to be a voice of reason, Christiano. Are you catching any shows on this tour?

Date: May 10, 2018 20:01

Gaetzi
Cristiano Radtke
Gaetzi

Yeah, better safe than sorry. You always seem to be a voice of reason, Christiano. Are you catching any shows on this tour?

There were at least two times when I arrived late at the merch stands, so I couldn't buy the T-shirts or posters I wanted to, so it was a lesson learned. grinning smiley I'd love to go to the London concerts and also catch the IORR band and those concerts at Ealing (Ali McKenzie on May 20 and Chris Jagger on the 24th), as well and especially meeting some friends who'll be there, but unfortunately I'm not going this time.

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: May 10, 2018 20:12

Gaetzi

Yes you can but keep in mind that the ones sold on the website might be a litte bit different than the ones sold at the shows.( at least for the2017 tour)
The ones I bought on the shows are numbered and the image has a white border.
The ones I bought on the website are not numbered and don't have a white border.
They're also printed on heavier poster stock.
Size is the same

Date: May 10, 2018 20:30

vinckske
Gaetzi

Yes you can but keep in mind that the ones sold on the website might be a litte bit different than the ones sold at the shows.( at least for the2017 tour)
The ones I bought on the website are not numbered and don't have a white border.
Size is the same

ones with white border, others without with border – but size is the same? Does that mean that the picture is smaller on those with white border?
(could you please post photos?)

Date: May 10, 2018 21:55

vinckske
Gaetzi

Size is the same

Great info! Thanks vinckske- I'll def be buying at the merch stand as soon as we get there. Do you recall if they provide tubes for posters?

Date: May 10, 2018 22:46

last year there weren't tubes for the posters. They were sold in a kind of very lange envelope

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 11, 2018 01:15

Looking after the posters during a show - particularly in the pit, can be a pain.

I've started taking Duct Tape to the show, then tape the envelope to the fence/rail so it cant fall over easily or get damaged. Simply unpeel after the show ends smiling smiley

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: May 11, 2018 16:21

IMO the best lithographs ,as far as quality, were from the 14 on fire tour. They were individually numbered and limited to 150. I have one from Oslo and one from Lisbon. After that tour the lithographs were mass produced on cheap paper

Date: May 11, 2018 18:09

rocknola
IMO the best lithographs ,as far as quality, were from the 14 on fire tour. They were individually numbered and limited to 150. I have one from Oslo and one from Lisbon. After that tour the lithographs were mass produced on cheap paper

I agree, really loved the nice texured poster stock

Date: May 11, 2018 18:35

vinckske
Gaetzi

Size is the same

ones with white border, others without with border – but size is the same? Does that mean that the picture is smaller on those with white border?
(could you please post photos?)[/quote]

Here you go Slewan.
The Barcelona en Stockholm ones are from the website.
The Arnhem one is bought at the show , it came with a large white envelope
Measurements are the same, 43 cm x 57,5 cm, so the image of the Arnhem one is slightly smaller.
I assume the ones from the website are a second printing, I don't how many that are made.
I prefer the numbered ones.
Best way is to bring a carboard tube to the show and buy one immediately when you are in the venue.

Date: May 11, 2018 19:12

last year I ordered a poster through their website. Since the poster was smaller than advertised I got 10 Euros refund

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: May 11, 2018 19:22

slewan
last year I ordered a poster through their website. Since the poster was smaller than advertised I got 10 Euros refund

Can I ask which poster was smaller?

I ordered a bunch from the website which were all great (although they accidentally sent me two extras for no reason), but the Paris one I bought at the show was slightly smaller than the normal size, and the size listed on the website.

Date: May 21, 2018 13:06

Has anyone already seen the London 22 litho design?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 21, 2018 19:34

Thought we might have seen something by now.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:31

London Yellow Silk Screen Poster:

"This silk screened poster takes a simple approach at reworking the No Filter Tour graphics. Uniquely, the concept was conceived by the designer of the tour's artwork, Mark Norton. Norton has worked on many projects for the Stones, including Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge."

[TheRollingStonesShop.com] · [Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 22, 2018 17:58

Not impressed with the exclusive London litho and t-shirt - unimaginative overkill of the brash yellow generic No Filter artwork.
At least Dublin was unique and something pleasant to look at!

Date: May 22, 2018 18:55

"The Rolling Stones are set to embark tomorrow on their first UK tour in 5 years. No Filter is the name of the tour, the visual branding for which is instantly identifiable by the iconic lips & tongue logo in classic yellow and red.

It’s not every day that one gets to print for the biggest of our great British rock bands, so you can imagine how thrilled we were to screen print these limited editions at the White Duck Editions studio.

The edition was split into white and yellow variants, each screen printed in three colours onto sumptuous Somerset Satin paper at 18”x24”. These exclusive prints then left our studio and headed direct to the band for signing.

It’s only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I like it)!".

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 22, 2018 20:02

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 14:46 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 24, 2018 18:51

Hairball
Not impressed with the exclusive London litho and t-shirt - unimaginative overkill of the brash yellow generic No Filter artwork.

London litho's sold out - [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Dublin has not - [store.digitalstores.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 24, 2018 20:11

London show 2 litho will probably be the same w/only the date changed.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 24, 2018 23:40

Hairball

Golly, me neither ! Awful really, couldn't they have come up with something just a little bit better ?

I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting for Wales and Twickers, and then as regards the Europe leg - certainly for Marseille, but especially for PRAGUE and WARSAW !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 25, 2018 00:06

paulywaul
Hairball

Golly, me neither ! Awful really, couldn't they have come up with something just a little bit better ?

I'm hoping for something a bit more interesting for Wales and Twickers, and then as regards the Europe leg - certainly for Marseille, but especially for PRAGUE and WARSAW !!

Quite disappointed so far, at least apart from Selfridges, is saving me some money.

Hoping for better for Coventry, Cardiff and Edinburgh.

Posted by: samakira ()
Date: May 25, 2018 18:17

It’s a blue litho but the design is the same

Date: May 25, 2018 18:22

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 2 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home