Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Dead & Company European Tour?
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 26, 2018 18:43

Full pro-shot show from New Orleans the other night:

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT: Grateful Dead European Tour
Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:13

FrogSugar
doitywoik
... I think it was Phil who said in his book that they didn't go abroad more often because of Jerry's drug habit...

Is his book any good? I just ordered Bill Kreutzman's but haven't even started it yet.

I recently downloaded the Dead's June 21, 1971 impromptu show at Château d'Herouville in the Paris suburbs (the same place where Rainbow, Bowie, Elton John and others recorded some classic albums)

Re: Phil's Book: I'm not a dead head but I am a bass-player/musician who is predisposed to enjoy "musician biographies". Not sure if my background tainted my opinion but, I liked Phil's book very much. I'd actually like to read it again. Might have to see if my buddy will loan it to me again.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:30

spikenyc

[www.youtube.com]
I don't know much about the Dead or their post-Garcia projects, but I didn't see Phil Lesh anywhere...does he still perform with them? He's been through the wringer with health issues.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:57

keefriff99
spikenyc

[www.youtube.com]
I don't know much about the Dead or their post-Garcia projects, but I didn't see Phil Lesh anywhere...does he still perform with them? He's been through the wringer with health issues.

Oteil Burbridge is the bass player for Dead & Co.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: February 26, 2018 20:58

From what I know they will be playing Europe right after their dates at Lock'n. Am told that Amsterdam is already scheduled. I don't know what other cities will be on the tour, but I am pretty sure it is happening.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2018 21:04

keefriff99
I don't know much about the Dead or their post-Garcia projects, but I didn't see Phil Lesh anywhere...does he still perform with them?

Phil plays with both Phil & Friends and the Terrapin Family Band. He's also got a run of duo shows with Bob Weir coming up.

[www.phillesh.net]

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: February 26, 2018 22:12

Long time Dead head here and I am sorry John Mayor ruins these songs. The way he sings some of my favorite songs is just bad. Dead are the only band I have seen more than the Stones and I am just shocked people go hear Dead and Co.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:28

FrogSugar
doitywoik
... Phil ...

Is his book any good? I just ordered Bill Kreutzman's but haven't even started it yet.

I found it an entertaining read, well worth the money to me. Phil's perspective on the Dead, of course.

Once you're a few pages into Bill Kreutzman's book, please give a little feedback! smiling smiley I'm still pondering whether to order or not.

re Phil&Friends:
I think there's some good stuff from 1999 and the early 2000s, especially the shows with Trey. Haven't listened to any recent tapes, though. Likewise, haven't listened yet to any Dead&Co. The recordings I heard of Furthur/Other Ones/Dead shows didn't sound all too encouraging to me but it's a while since I heard them last.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-27 00:32 by doitywoik.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:32

bv
If you do not have anything nice to say then please do not say it here. The sort of "I hate xxx" does not make sense on a fan site.

If your head is filling up with hate then go bang your head in the wall or on a tree for a while, then stop doing it, and you will feel better.

I agree, but isn't this a ROLLING STONES fan site? Why would whatever iteration of the Dead be included in that?

Date: February 27, 2018 00:42

Thread's marked OT, no?

If you need a Stones link, GD also played Stones songs every once in a while, e.g. Let's Spend The Night Together, or This Could Be The Last Time (checkout Boston 1991-09-22).

Date: February 27, 2018 00:45

24FPS
bv
If you do not have anything nice to say then please do not say it here. The sort of "I hate xxx" does not make sense on a fan site.

If your head is filling up with hate then go bang your head in the wall or on a tree for a while, then stop doing it, and you will feel better.

I agree, but isn't this a ROLLING STONES fan site? Why would whatever iteration of the Dead be included in that?
The point is why barge into a thread about 'X' just to blurt out that you hate them?

Sure, you're expressing a valid opinion, but to what end? It's yet more negativity that derails whatever conversation was in progress and makes the people who DO like 'X' get defensive, leading to arguments and personal attacks.

Why contribute to the negativity when we're all awash in it in our public discourse (politics, etc.). I've certainly been guilty of it too, but I'm trying to curtail it by avoiding topics that I have negative thoughts about.

Date: February 27, 2018 00:46

bye bye johnny
keefriff99
I don't know much about the Dead or their post-Garcia projects, but I didn't see Phil Lesh anywhere...does he still perform with them?

Phil plays with both Phil & Friends and the Terrapin Family Band. He's also got a run of duo shows with Bob Weir coming up.

[www.phillesh.net]
Thanks for the info. I dug up a bit more info here:

[www.reddit.com]

Sounds like it's mostly a mix of money issues and Phil's age/health.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:50

I did the Grateful Dead tour in 1990. That was a fun time. Wouldn't bother with D&C just as I wouldn't bother with RS without Keef.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2018 00:57

Still remember their set on Rockpalast in the 80s stayed up late to watch it on tv, but fell askeep halfway. But it did tape it from the radio broadcast so was able to listen to it until the tape ran out.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:36

doitywoik
Once you're a few pages into Bill Kreutzman's book, please give a little feedback! smiling smiley I'm still pondering whether to order or not.

Will do, but will be a while, I have about 5 rock bios I need to get through first and free time is hard to come by ;-)

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: February 27, 2018 17:56

This site has become a joke. I make a post saying I don't like John Mayer playing Jerry's songs and my post gets deleted. That is offensive, its an opinion. I have been a Dead fan my whole life, I can't state my opinion. Come on.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2018 09:05

If you want to get an understanding of the Grateful Dead spend a half-hour listening to this 1981 interview as Jerry Garcia explains the band, music, and his feelings. The interviewer is young but the answers are enlightening.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: March 1, 2018 13:31

I hope they will do some shows this year in Europe. There are great.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 1, 2018 14:22

Hound Dog
This site has become a joke. I make a post saying I don't like John Mayer playing Jerry's songs and my post gets deleted. That is offensive, its an opinion. I have been a Dead fan my whole life, I can't state my opinion. Come on.

i had similar experience. i'll admit i'm not a fan but i posted a link for video by the punk rock band the violets about the gd. was meant to be humorous. admittedly i have an offbeat sense of humour. in the meantime there's a thread with led zep plagiarism in the title. as keith once said "there's only 3 songs, the rest are just variations on a theme". maybe quote not exact but the spirit of the thing is there. i do try to respect the rules about politics & have policed NFL thread regarding personal attacks trying to keep it fun. hope the euros enjoy the stones tour. i'm pretty much resigned to the fact that i've seen the stones for the last time as my health is getting to the point where concerts are getting very hard to attend. that & who knows if the stones will make it to the states again in any sort of meaningful way. still like reading about the tours etc. recent interviews sound like we aren't going to be seeing the new record soon. will be (pleasantly) surprised if it comes out this year.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 1, 2018 17:27

John Mayer has the vibe with his envelope (auto wah) filter sound

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 23, 2018 15:13

Anyone know an active (and informative) GD/Dead & Company forum (like IORR, BTX for Springsteen, Expecting Rain for Dylan, etc) where I can try to get more intel on the possibility of this tour happening? I have searched around, but most are very dormant. With the longtime, rapid fanbase for GD, there must be "one" out there, but I can't find it

We are in Europe the end of August/early Sept and just trying to finalize our plans and seeing if a Dead & Company show would be possible.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2018 15:14

The subreddit /r/gratefuldead is exactly what you are looking for/

Date: April 23, 2018 15:28

Here's the 2018 tour dates until the end of August, all US, no EU:
[www.deadandcompany.com]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 23, 2018 15:49

OT: Dead & Company
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 8, 2018 18:51

Listen LIVE to Dead & Company’s Summer Tour this month

The Grateful Dead Channel (Ch. 23) will carry concerts LIVE from the Dead & Company’s Summer Tour, each on a Saturday night, a tip of the cap to the beloved solo hit by the group’s Bob Weir “One More Saturday Night.” Tune in on June 9, 16 and 23 for the live broadcasts.

[blog.siriusxm.com]

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 8, 2018 19:52

Damn, was hoping to see euro dates pop up in this update!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home