Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Semi-OT: 60's Rock Roadie Podcast (minor Stones content)
Posted by: downagain ()
Date: February 23, 2018 04:10

The Rialto Report is a podcast covering the golden age of adult film and the podcast I'm referencing certainly has a portion which discusses the adult film industry but the bulk of it covers Neville Chambers' experience as one of the first rock roadies. He worked with The Who, The Bee Gees, Hendix and others. There is Stones content but it is minimal so if you're only interested in that piece I wouldn't even bother listening. However, if you're interested in the other bands or just the scene in general it's a fascinating listen.

The Rialto Report

The first couple paragraphs of the podcast:

"This story begins with a single photograph, taken in 1967. It’s a photo of Jimi Hendrix, and it shows him sat on a table in his familiar hat and rock star jacket. Jimi is smoking, and he looks relaxed and happy. He seems to be sharing a joke with a man sat on a chair in front of him.

I first saw this picture in the early days of the internet, and became fascinated by it. And what struck me about it was this: The photograph shows Jimi Hendrix, one of the great guitarists of all time, and someone everyone wanted to hear play. But it’s the man in front of him who’s playing the guitar, not Jimi. And I didn’t recognize this person as any other guitarist I’d ever seen. Who in earth would be in a picture with Jimi, where Jimi wasn’t the one playing a guitar?"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home