Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Gene and Ace slaughter Jumpin Jack Flash
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 19, 2018 21:40

Tone-deaf is not being able to tell the difference between The Stones getting paid 10 Million Dollars to do a full band private show (playing proper songs) for 300-400 people and.... and these buffoons showing up for $50,000 with a bass and guitar to sit slouched in a chairs playing god-knows-what while some kid videos the whole thing on her barbie video camera.

Date: February 19, 2018 21:51

Leonioid
Tone-deaf is not being able to tell the difference between The Stones getting paid 10 Million Dollars to do a full band private show (playing proper songs) for 300-400 people and.... and these buffoons showing up for $50,000 with a bass and guitar to sit slouched in a chairs playing god-knows-what while some kid videos the whole thing on her barbie video camera.

well if you knew anything they were paid $50,000 to come hand deliver a limited edition vault of unreleased gene simmons music and hang out. there was no mention that they would even perform . gene was just suppose to play some of the cd's from the vault and tell stories. instead he showed up and played live with ace frehley, who also was mentioned in the article when you bought it so 2 surprises. here is what anyone who bought the $50,000 package was going to get.

- Host Gene In Your Home! You and up to 25 guests will spend an intimate 2 hours with Gene
- “Songs & Stories” Playback and Q&A in your home
- You are guaranteed a low numbered vault (Within First 300)
- Gene photo/video/autograph session
- Gene hand delivers your limited-edition personalized Vault
Vault Pre-Pack: Signed Golden Ticket, T-Shirt, Download Card (with “Are You Ready”), And laminate
-Each guest will receive an exclusive T-shirt and laminate

no mention of ace an actual live performance or anything like that

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 19, 2018 22:02

Leonioid

This is not a private concert where you hire KISS. I dont know what you pay for the Kiss Kruise, but that's basically a private concert for the fans. $750?

Date: February 19, 2018 22:05

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

well if you knew anything they were paid $50,000 to come hand deliver a limited edition vault of unreleased gene simmons music and hang out. there was no mention that they would even perform . gene was just suppose to play some of the cd's from the vault and tell stories. instead he showed up and played live with ace frehley, who also was mentioned in the article when you bought it so 2 surprises. here is what anyone who bought the $50,000 package was going to get.

- Host Gene In Your Home! You and up to 25 guests will spend an intimate 2 hours with Gene
Vault Pre-Pack: Signed Golden Ticket, T-Shirt, Download Card (with “Are You Ready”), And laminate

Thanks for the additional info... had that been higher in the thread I would not have chimed in.

but still...
I am guessing whomever buys something like that is expecting some playing... wouldnt ya think?

At least it is not completely a "NOW PLAYING KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTIES" type of thing.

Date: February 19, 2018 22:07

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

Thanks for the additional info... had that been higher in the thread I would not have chimed in.

but still...
I am guessing whomever buys something like that is expecting some playing... wouldnt ya think?

At least it is not completely a "NOW PLAYING KIDS BIRTHDAY PARTIES" type of thing.

i have no clue. i believe someone stated on youtube that at least the amp was clearly no ace's

Date: February 19, 2018 22:08

Redhotcarpet
Leonioid

This is not a private concert where you hire KISS.....

obviously... beings KISS wasnt there... just 2 dudes.

and keefriffhard4life explained it very well...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 19, 2018 22:19

keefriffhard4life

$50,000 is an extraordinarily high price even if you include the rambling nonsensical jam session, but some people have money to burn!

Date: February 19, 2018 22:20

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

but still...

i have no clue. i believe someone stated on youtube that at least the amp was clearly no ace's

In this day and age of yachting (where bonafide movie stars are paid to spend time with Billionaires on their yachts)... and with the amount of money they are paid (an amount making the stars more than willing to take part)... more is expected than showing up and smiling.

I just learned about "yachting" (look deeper if you dare) in the last couple of months. There are rumors even the futre Princess was a yacht girl for a while. They say Lindsey Lohan is a full time yacht girl these days... and it is said many, whose names which would surprise, jet over to Dubai for the weekend all the time, pick up a nice check and jet back.

What famous people are willing to do for money (and what rich people are willing to pay famous people) these days is less and less surprising.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-19 22:23 by Leonioid.

Date: February 19, 2018 22:21

Hairball
keefriffhard4life

$50,000 is an extraordinarily high price even if you include the rambling nonsensical jam session, but some people have money to burn!

it is a ton of money but think the money was used for the vault which is $2000 by itself plus airline tickets for gene and whoever else comes. food for them. probably a room in a hotel to stay one night. the merchandise for roughly 25 people.

Date: February 19, 2018 22:32

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

but still...

In this day and age of yachting (where bonafide movie stars are paid to spend time with Billionaires on their yachts)... and with the amount of money they are paid (an amount making the stars more than willing to take part)... more is expected than showing up and smiling.

I just learned about "yachting" (look deeper if you dare) in the last couple of months. There are rumors even the futre Princess was a yacht girl for a while. They say Lindsey Lohan is a full time yacht girl these days... and it is said many, whose names which would surprise, jet over to Dubai for the weekend all the time, pick up a nice check and jet back.

What famous people are willing to do for money (and what rich people are willing to pay famous people) these days is less and less surprising.

They play concerts during the cruise.

Date: February 19, 2018 22:34

The Kiss fans love those Kruises because you get to see concerts, meet other fans, hang around and hear and see them play rarely played songs.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 19, 2018 22:41

I do remember someone here starting a petition about IORR-members hiring the band (RS) for a private gig and get-together.
I think the stakes were at $1000 a member. The whole thing came to nothing in the end though...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 19, 2018 22:47

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 20, 2018 13:44

What did I just walk into the middle of ? Gene and Ace playing together again ? Are we getting ready for a reunion ?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 15:22

TheGreek
What did I just walk into the middle of ? Gene and Ace playing together again ? Are we getting ready for a reunion ?
There are rumors, but it's doubtful. Ace seems to have mended his friendship with Gene and Paul at least.

He's also going to be on this year's Kiss Kruise with his solo band, which is an interesting development. You'd have to think that maybe they'd jam at some point. However, it probably won't turn into a full-blown reunion. Gene and Paul have repeatedly said they're happy with the current lineup.

Date: February 20, 2018 21:50

keefriff99
TheGreek
There are rumors, but it's doubtful. Ace seems to have mended his friendship with Gene and Paul at least.

He's also going to be on this year's Kiss Kruise with his solo band, which is an interesting development. You'd have to think that maybe they'd jam at some point. However, it probably won't turn into a full-blown reunion. Gene and Paul have repeatedly said they're happy with the current lineup.
It's fair to say that the door has been cracked open and I think Gene and Paul are checking out the shape that Ace is in just in case and Gene probably has $ signs dancing in his head for the final last time to cash in before retirement .

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 22:17

TheGreek
keefriff99
TheGreek

It's fair to say that the door has been cracked open and I think Gene and Paul are checking out the shape that Ace is in just in case and Gene probably has $ signs dancing in his head for the final last time to cash in before retirement .
I think that's right...Eddie Trunk (a hard rock DJ on satellite radio) feels the same way. He thinks the only way a reunion with Ace would occur is if the $$$ is sufficiently more from what Gene and Paul are currently pulling in with their "scab" band.

Posted by: pt99 ()
Date: February 20, 2018 22:52

Just horrific band. Smart businessmen though

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 21, 2018 09:38

If only fifty of us put up a mill or so, we could probably get the boys back into the studio for a few hours.
I look at all this as a clue.

Date: February 21, 2018 13:52

hopkins
If only fifty of us put up a mill or so, we could probably get the boys back into the studio for a few hours.
I look at all this as a clue.
No , we put up the money here on BV's board and we get them to play for us a nice private show just like they did for Robert Craft .

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:02

If I wanted to waste $50,000 on crap I would first not spend $50,000 to go out in the yard and clean up my dog shit. Gene Simmons certainly has idiot sheep to eat his crap products.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 21, 2018 20:59

I saw them on the last reunion tour in 2000, all four guys were there.

Posted by: keefgotsoul ()
Date: February 25, 2018 02:12

They’re back at it with Midnight Rambler at 14:20 and 2000 Man at 18:40. Sympathy at 23:00

[youtu.be]

Date: February 25, 2018 19:05

That was even worse. Still a fan and don't unerstand why they, who can play real good (yes they can, dont believe the BS, seen them live) just dont rehearse ten-twenty songs and then play those. sad smiley

I know this is just part of the 50 k deal but still.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 25, 2018 19:51

Redhotcarpet
That was even worse. Still a fan and don't unerstand why they, who can play real good (yes they can, dont believe the BS, seen them live) just dont rehearse ten-twenty songs and then play those. sad smiley

I know this is just part of the 50 k deal but still.

Agreed. Gene is a better bass player than many give him credit for. Better than he gives HIMSELF credit for. Its very sad.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 26, 2018 00:28

Two of the WORST musicians of all time.

Hire them to play ONLY to get squatters OUT of your house.

My ears are bleeding after listening to this.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home