Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Glenn Tipton leaves Judas Priest...
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:23

FrogSugar
keefriff99
SomeGuy
Playing Stained Class now, what an amazing record!
News still sinking in.
Was listening to that today...Exciter, White Heat Red Hot, Better By You, Better Than Me, Saints in Hell...amazing!

I remember being shocked that Better by You is actually a cover, it's so Priestish!

Still surprised by the news...such a bummer way to begin the week.

At least we still have Maiden (but I prefer the Priest catalogue to theirs by a mile)

Not planned to be on the album. But the record company needed a single, so they recorded something more commercial.

Massive album. Saints in Hell is one of my favorite Priest songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 16:35 by BowieStone.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 14, 2018 15:34

FrogSugar
keefriff99
SomeGuy
News still sinking in.
Was listening to that today...Exciter, White Heat Red Hot, Better By You, Better Than Me, Saints in Hell...amazing!

I remember being shocked that Better by You is actually a cover, it's so Priestish!

At least we still have Maiden (but I prefer the Priest catalogue to theirs by a mile)
Yep, it's a cover by English band Spooky Tooth. It was recorded at the insistence of the record label.

It's also the song that got them sued in 1990 for supposedly having subliminal messages in it that caused two teens to commit suicide in Nevada. Crazy stuff.

I've always been a bigger Maiden fan (seen them 11 times vs 6 for Priest). Glad Bruce got over his cancer scare...he's still amazing live.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 15, 2018 00:06

keefriff99
FrogSugar
keefriff99
SomeGuy
News still sinking in.

Yep, it's a cover by English band Spooky Tooth. It was recorded at the insistence of the record label.

It's also the song that got them sued in 1990 for supposedly having subliminal messages in it that caused two teens to commit suicide in Nevada. Crazy stuff.

I've always been a bigger Maiden fan (seen them 11 times vs 6 for Priest). Glad Bruce got over his cancer scare...he's still amazing live.

I got into Priest just before Maiden. I think British Steel came out before Killers and Maiden Japan. Used to buy Circus/Cream and Hit Parade every month.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home