Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith Richards, and Other Bad Boys of Rock
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:43

Ah yeah...that story rings a bell and have read it somewhere in the past.
Can't really blame Grant for defending his son though (whether he was a "thug" or not), though maybe he went way too far in that situation.
Grant was a BIG dude who I would never have wanted to mess with!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 21:25

Hairball
Ah yeah...that story rings a bell and have read it somewhere in the past.
Can't really blame Grant for defending his son though (whether he was a "thug" or not), though maybe he went way too far in that situation.
Grant was a BIG dude who I would never have wanted to mess with!
Yeah, I get that. Supposedly his son was 11 at the time...no matter how much of a brat he was being, you don't hit someone else's child, especially a guy like Grant.

Date: February 17, 2018 12:35

keefriff99
Palace Revolution 2000
doitywoik
GasLightStreet
Led Zeppelin's management was pretty bad.

Just the management? Think of the Zep's purported lover for ... um ... animal shows!eye popping smiley

Seems like it was really Richard Cole, who was always the main instigator; and road crew maybe. But after reading a book or two on LZ, and seeing interviews with all of them; I realized that the band could not be bothered with that kind of crap.
Actually, so many of these road stories seemed to build a band's mystique and image, but often the band had little to do with the action.
Peter Grant and John Bonham were basically thugs. They almost beat a guy to death in Oakland, along with Cole and John Bindon.

I guess that's what I;m saying. Bonham, by all accounts was a lovable guy but a very violent drunk. Grant, seems to have been a precursor to Suge Knight. A strong arm guy, but very smart. Grant, was too busy and clever for those games, and Id say Bonham had people minding him.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 17, 2018 17:16

Peter Grant = the original Suge Knight

That's great! Cracked me up, and accurate. He was a smart and ruthless guy, and did everything possible to make Zeppelin a LOT of money.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 18, 2018 01:23

Palace Revolution 2000
doitywoik
GasLightStreet
Led Zeppelin's management was pretty bad.

Just the management? Think of the Zep's purported lover for ... um ... animal shows!eye popping smiley

Seems like it was really Richard Cole, who was always the main instigator; and road crew maybe. But after reading a book or two on LZ, and seeing interviews with all of them; I realized that the band could not be bothered with that kind of crap.
Actually, so many of these road stories seemed to build a band's mystique and image, but often the band had little to do with the action.

Thanks for setting this straight, Can't remember where I picked the story up (long ago), and to be honest, I never did any further research on it. Reminded me a bit of the story of Frank Zappa eating shit on stage, which is around for decades now.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 18, 2018 17:04

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2018 20:40

Posted by: kevos ()
Date: February 18, 2018 21:51

The Airbourne boys play pretty hard on and off stage

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home