Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith Richards, and Other Bad Boys of Rock
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 11, 2018 23:21

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: February 12, 2018 04:10

The Mike Curb Congregation...

Date: February 12, 2018 04:15

Holy shit, Shane McGowan makes Keith look like Jack Lalanne.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 12, 2018 16:09

Rockman

Lester "Roadhog" Moran and his Cadillac Boys ......

Dunno if any of these dudes have committed a
crime but ya kinda get the feelin' that they could ......

Pretty sure that the only crime the Statler Brothers committed was not releasing an ENTIRE SERIES of Lester Moran albums.

For those who are not familiar with the Statler Brothers schitzopherenic side... Enjoy... If you can stop laughing long enough!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: February 12, 2018 16:27

Ian Watkins of The Lost Prophets. 35 years sentence ...was pretty naughty

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 12, 2018 16:48

Arthur Lee from Love played to packed houses after being released from 5 1/2 years in prison.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 12, 2018 17:22

Mad or Bad ??
1. Phil Spector
2. Jim Gordon
3. Sid Vicous

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 12, 2018 17:37

I am beginning to think that there are no more Bad Boys in the 2000's. The new rocks stars have decided to be more mature and responsible. Some of the older Bad Boys have squandered their financial resources and may not be living the lives they envisioned in their old age. They may be poor and living off of Social Security and such.

Nikki Sixx, in his book, complained that he was not making as much money as he should have and blamed it on the record companies cheating him. If he was poor and disillusioned at one time it was because because he was spending thousands of dollars per day on luxuries and all sorts of drugs, including high quality heroin.

Sorry, I have little sympathy for people who do not behave responsibly. You can have fun without being an idiot.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2018 17:59

flilflam
I am beginning to think that there are no more Bad Boys in the 2000's.

Bad boys are bred in a society with strong moral values. In the 60's drug consumption and out-of-mariage sex was seen as weird and taboo.

Now 15yo teenagers have a line of C. on week-ends and ppl film their orgy and put them online. In 2018 Keith's giant drug consumption of the 70's/80's would look bland ("hey this dude is old... he didn't even try ketamine").

As for Jagger's intense womanising, who does it shock in 2018?

When was the last time our Twins caused outrage? When Keef snorted his dad's ashes (= the taboo related to death is still strong) and when Mick was outed as going out with a girl in her 20's (= a elder man/young woman couple is still seen with suspicion).

Date: February 12, 2018 18:25

Leadbelly.

Sentenced for murder, but wrote a song to the governor - and was re-sentenced to touring for the East coast crowd..

Not the guy you wanna mess with..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 10:14 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 12, 2018 20:18

Brian Lewis Jones:
Fathered 5 (or maybe more) children before the age of 24.
Offered no financial, emotional or practical support to Mothers and the children concerned.

Bad ...emotionally challenged....or just careless?

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:28

I think Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent...
those US rockers who brought their music in that '60 Tour, that was
really seminally important; an essential direct building-block in actual
person, bringing American rock and roll to hungry UK musicians who
would be changing the entire world and business just two years later.

I think of Nikki and Vince and the hair band guys; as lethal as their
drunken driving crashes and various stupid fights have been;
are really kinda wimps when it comes to the true spirit of
rock and roll's true Bad Boys; who paid the price and created
the proscenium, where surburban kids with too much hair-spray and money
could fight over tights-design and who looked most like a
B & D accident. Tho the clever take on the SF cover that Motley
used on Too Fast For Love; was an excellent and effective homage.

I think there's a diff between an iconic 'bad boy,' guys like Larry Williams,
who wrote the song....and Ike Turner, James, Sam Cooke,
Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent. Johnny Cash; many others.
Guys that paid the price. Guys that got their hands dirty.
i think of the modern metal 'bad boys' more like spoiled kids in a Parade Magazine kind of world.
Do dig some of the music tho.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:38

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2018 19:50

Would classify Sister Rosetta Thorpe as a Bad Girl of Rock as well..

The "the Godmother of rock and roll" took no sh*t from anyone.
A strong influence on Blues and Rock, a black woman from the south, she had relationships with both men and women and lived and thrived as she pleased..in an era where none of those attributes were very socially acceptable.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 13, 2018 20:28

Little Walter

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 13, 2018 21:33

***SPOILER ALERT**: this cover, unfortunately I might add smoking smiley , is not real.
'though pretty funny imo, it's a mock... here's more on that: [ shredding for ... ]

Date: February 13, 2018 22:28

This one is from the anti nowhere league. Very nasty story. Literaly bad ass

After bribing Rat Scabies in a bog hole at some shitty pub in the East End of London (two hundred quid I think) we got on a small tour up North with the Damned. We couldn’t afford hotels every night so we had to sleep in and under the van in the snow, but the Damned always fed us with their rider, which brings us to the famous carrot incident………….. Rat was giving it large in their dressing room after a show one night saying how he had seen all the rock and roll antics there was to see and nothing could shock him, Winston stood proud and bet Rat he could clear the dressing room within five minutes with just one antic. Rat took on the challenge, the dressing room was full of record company liggers, so Winston went to the food table pick up the largest object he could see which happened to be a 9 inch carrot, dropped his jeans and pants, dipped the carrot in mayonnaise, then in the pickle and then in the ketchup, he bent over and inserted the carrot right up his arse…………he pumped it in and out a few times by now everyone was looking on in silence, he then removed it from his arse licked off the mayo, pickle, ketchup and shit dressing and ate the carrot. Rat said “Oh @#$%& hell” and everybody ran out, we tucked into the rest of the food.

Date: February 14, 2018 04:03

PaintMonkeyManBlack

After bribing Rat Scabies in a bog hole at some shitty pub in the East End of London (two hundred quid I think) we got on a small tour up North with the Damned. We couldn’t afford hotels every night so we had to sleep in and under the van in the snow, but the Damned always fed us with their rider, which brings us to the famous carrot incident………….. Rat was giving it large in their dressing room after a show one night saying how he had seen all the rock and roll antics there was to see and nothing could shock him, Winston stood proud and bet Rat he could clear the dressing room within five minutes with just one antic. Rat took on the challenge, the dressing room was full of record company liggers, so Winston went to the food table pick up the largest object he could see which happened to be a 9 inch carrot, dropped his jeans and pants, dipped the carrot in mayonnaise, then in the pickle and then in the ketchup, he bent over and inserted the carrot right up his arse…………he pumped it in and out a few times by now everyone was looking on in silence, he then removed it from his arse licked off the mayo, pickle, ketchup and shit dressing and ate the carrot. Rat said “Oh @#$%& hell” and everybody ran out, we tucked into the rest of the food.

Just checking - who is Winston, and from what Band?

Date: February 14, 2018 04:10

Palace Revolution 2000
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Anti-Nowhere League. Clive "Winston" Blake is the bassist.

The only thing I really know about them comes from Metallica's version of So What:

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 14, 2018 04:22

As for Jagger's intense womanising, who does it shock in 2018?

Uhm... plenty of people who post on IORR seem to be. Did ya miss the recent thread (which went on and one and on and on) where all local IORR PC fuddy duddys were finger and tongue wagging at Mick for going out on a date with a beutiful young woman? Or... the thread about Mick he fathered his most recent child... some people were shocked.

I found it head-shaking face-palmingly hilarious to read some those posts.

Date: February 14, 2018 04:32

MisterDDDD
smileys with beer

Date: February 14, 2018 10:09

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 10:15 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 14, 2018 10:18

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 11:12 by Leonioid.

Date: February 14, 2018 22:43

keefriff99
Palace Revolution 2000
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Anti-Nowhere League. Clive "Winston" Blake is the bassist.

The only thing I really know about them comes from Metallica's version of So What:

[www.youtube.com]

Aha; People to avoid around the Salad Bar: Winston Blake.

Date: February 14, 2018 22:56

Yes do not eat carrots of winston was kn the house.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: February 15, 2018 05:25

GasLightStreet
Led Zeppelin's management was pretty bad.

Just the management? Think of the Zep's purported lover for ... um ... animal shows!eye popping smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 15:08

doitywoik
GasLightStreet

Just the management? Think of the Zep's purported lover for ... um ... animal shows!eye popping smiley

Seems like it was really Richard Cole, who was always the main instigator; and road crew maybe. But after reading a book or two on LZ, and seeing interviews with all of them; I realized that the band could not be bothered with that kind of crap.
Actually, so many of these road stories seemed to build a band's mystique and image, but often the band had little to do with the action.

Date: February 16, 2018 15:30

Palace Revolution 2000
doitywoik
GasLightStreet

Seems like it was really Richard Cole, who was always the main instigator; and road crew maybe. But after reading a book or two on LZ, and seeing interviews with all of them; I realized that the band could not be bothered with that kind of crap.
Actually, so many of these road stories seemed to build a band's mystique and image, but often the band had little to do with the action.
Peter Grant and John Bonham were basically thugs. They almost beat a guy to death in Oakland, along with Cole and John Bindon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 16, 2018 20:21

keefriff99
Palace Revolution 2000
doitywoik
GasLightStreet

Peter Grant and John Bonham were basically thugs. They almost beat a guy to death in Oakland, along with Cole and John Bindon.

And that would be the guy who stole money from the till? Or the guy selling bootleg merch?
Alot of those old stories blur together as it's been many years since I've read about that stuff - mostly in Hammer of the Gods (I think) when it was first published in the '80's.
But that book has been ridiculed by band members and those closest to the band as being mostly fictional.

Hammer of the Gods

"I think I opened [the book] up in the middle somewhere and started to read it, and I just threw it out the window". - Jimmy Page

"The guy who wrote that book knew nothing about the band. I think he'd hung around us once. He got all his information from a guy (Richard Cole)
who had a heroin problem who happened to be associated with us". - Robert Plant

"It's a very sad little book. It made us out to be sad little people. He ruined a lot of good, funny stories" - John Paul Jones

"Completely unreliable" - Peter Grant

Date: February 16, 2018 20:31

Hairball
keefriff99
Palace Revolution 2000
doitywoik
GasLightStreet

And that would be the guy who stole money from the till? Or the guy selling bootleg merch?
Alot of those old stories blur together as it's been many years since I've read about that stuff - mostly in Hammer of the Gods (I think) when it was first published in the '80's.
But that book has been ridiculed by band members and those closest to the band as being mostly fictional.

Hammer of the Gods

"I think I opened [the book] up in the middle somewhere and started to read it, and I just threw it out the window". - Jimmy Page

"The guy who wrote that book knew nothing about the band. I think he'd hung around us once. He got all his information from a guy (Richard Cole)
who had a heroin problem who happened to be associated with us". - Robert Plant

"It's a very sad little book. It made us out to be sad little people. He ruined a lot of good, funny stories" - John Paul Jones

"Completely unreliable" - Peter Grant
Just reading Wiki. It happened in Oakland '77. Supposedly one of Bill Graham's people slapped Grant's son for pulling down a sign backstage, and the four of them nearly beat him to death.

Graham sued for $2 million and they settled. I think there are a ton of stories about what a nasty piece of work Peter Grant was though. He was basically a gangster.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home