Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: OT - 2018 Winter Olympics Games - PyeongChang S.Korea
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 15, 2018 18:32

When is speed skating over? Asking for a friend smoking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 15, 2018 18:47

UrbanSteel

Sven Kramer, great as winner and a great man in losing by showing respect for the winner.
Canada, congratulations with Ted-Jan Bloemen.

It don’t suck if it’s Canuck. grinning smiley (Good race!)

Date: February 15, 2018 18:48

Koen
When is speed skating over? Asking for a friend smoking smiley

OK...now.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:39

Everybody is quiet today, despite a snowboarder breaking his neck (not as disastrous as it sounded) and a Japanese skater getting the second highest score ever for his short program. How fast we become jaded. grinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2018 09:47

Silver and bronze to Norway already. Congratulations to Sweden and Frida Hansdotter (women's slalom) and Switzerland and Dario Cologna (men's cross-country skiing) for fantastic performances.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 16, 2018 10:02

Biggest choke in the Olympics so far: Team Canada women's curling. Team Homan was expected to play for the gold, now they're 0-3 in round robin play and probably won't even make the playoffs. Absolutely pathetic.
I think last Olympics Jennifer Jones didn't even lose a single game to get gold for Canada.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 16, 2018 14:58

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 17:33 by UrbanSteel.

Date: February 16, 2018 15:18

DGA35
Biggest choke in the Olympics so far: Team Canada women's curling. Team Homan was expected to play for the gold, now they're 0-3 in round robin play and probably won't even make the playoffs. Absolutely pathetic.
I think last Olympics Jennifer Jones didn't even lose a single game to get gold for Canada.

Yeah, I finally figured out how they score curling... Too bad. But that’s the Olympics - some soar, some come crashing down. But that was a hot mess.

Date: February 17, 2018 10:37

To quote Michael Napier on Twitter, "Ester Ledecka of Czech Republic, a world snowboard champion, borrows Mikaela Shiffrin's skis and steals the gold from Austria's Anna Veith by .01 second. Absolutely bonkers."

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 18, 2018 06:06

SomeTorontoGirl
DGA35

Yeah, I finally figured out how they score curling... Too bad. But that’s the Olympics - some soar, some come crashing down. But that was a hot mess.

The Homan team played the way they should have been playing all along this morning beating the US easily. Will need to win the rest of the round robin games if they want any chance to get to the medal rounds.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 18, 2018 09:01

Great games so far... and we are only 1/2 way through... it has been a lot of fun watching!

Date: February 18, 2018 09:36

Leonioid
Great games so far... and we are only 1/2 way through... it has been a lot of fun watching!

agreed

Date: February 18, 2018 10:04

keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

agreed

Agree also. I am now an instant expert on sports and athletes I'd never even heard of a week ago. grinning smiley

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 18, 2018 16:38

I'm really beginning to love the free-style skiing and snowboarding. Slope-style is another event I guess. Kind of confusing to keep track. Anyway, these people are skiing backwards...totally scary but fun to watch!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 19, 2018 00:46

I'm still trying to figure out what the European coaches are yelling at the gate just as the skiers take off at the top of the hill. Just after the three beeps, whatever it is it sounds cool.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 19, 2018 00:54

DGA35

I watched the game against Denmark. Those Denmark ladies are feisty. I just love hearing these women yelling in their native languages, and those Korean women...At least in curling, you get to see some real female curves and beauty. It's not hiding behind ski masks and spiderman body suits.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 19, 2018 01:09

So a curling athlete was busted for doping. But why would you need that for curling? It’s not really based on speed or endurance, or am I missing something?

Date: February 19, 2018 01:53

Aquamarine
keefriffhard4life
Leonioid

agreed

Agree also. I am now an instant expert on sports and athletes I'd never even heard of a week ago. grinning smiley

smiling bouncing smiley Indeed!
Watching the best of the best of the best competing in these (sometimes esoteric) events is fun!

Date: February 19, 2018 02:15

Koen
So a curling athlete was busted for doping. But why would you need that for curling? It’s not really based on speed or endurance, or am I missing something?

Could have been an athlete error - some over-the-counter meds, like cold meds, contain banned ingredients and athletes have innocently taken the wrong thing and been tossed. Happened to Silken Laumen years ago. Or they coul be doping so as to be able to sweep reeeeeeely hard. (Hard! Harder!)

Date: February 19, 2018 02:58

Cool video showing a rider's point of view going down the bobsled/luge track
http:/ /www.sportschau.de/olympia/videos/video-olympia----die-rodelbahn-von-pyeongchang-100.html

It played well on my computer and doesn't appear to be infectious,
but it is an unwellknown player (to me)(it is not YouTube) so be sure to use protection... just to be safe.

Date: February 19, 2018 03:02

Date: February 19, 2018 11:22

Koen

It probably takes a lot of mental endurance, though. He was caught taking that heart medicine lots of russian athletes take: meldonium.

Date: February 19, 2018 16:20

I have a wee crush on the Norwegian jumper Johannson. And a separate crush on his moustache. grinning smiley

Date: February 19, 2018 16:29

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-21 00:08 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:49

The afternoon telecast showing all the stuff that happened too late to show live is a lot of fun to watch. They show some of the less popular (in some people opinion, I love all) events. I think they are all just as fun to watch.

Today it was ski jumping and bob sleighing... gotta love both of those events. WOW!

And no matter what anyone may have thought when of some of the new events became official events, over time these athletes have brought the level of competition and difficulty of execution up to levels that seem almost unreal.

If high diving into a swimming pool, while doing flips and twists in the air and landing with no splash is an Olympic event, then certainly hurling ones self down a 10 story high ski slope at 30 miles per hour, then soaring into the air 60 feet (high as a 5 story building) then doing 3 somersaults with 4 twists and landing perfectly (no splash no crash) deserves to be an Olympic event.

All I can say is WOW!!! and I have been saying it over and over and over the last week. WOW!!!!

Date: February 20, 2018 03:14

Bobsleigh announcer saying-
"And a MASSIVE LEAP ahead by 3/10s of second!"
eye popping smiley

Event after event decided by 10s/100s/1000s of a second... amazing. These athletes are amazing

Date: February 20, 2018 04:31

Apparently when skiing upside down, amplitude is a good thing to have.

^^^ New knowledge cool smiley

Date: February 20, 2018 05:13

BIG AIR! smileys with beer

So many new things I am learning too... and some surprises...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-20 05:21 by Leonioid.

Date: February 20, 2018 05:46

i feel bad for maddie bowman

Date: February 20, 2018 05:59

keefriffhard4life
i feel bad for maddie bowman
Yup, that was sad to see. I was really pulling for her... on the edge of my seat.

Her sport is a pressure cooker as the stakes get higher and what it takes to win is on the verge of out of control. She knew she had to crank it up... and she did... but sad smiley

It will be interesting to watch her sport get even bigger and crazier. No telling what the limits are.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home