Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: OT - 2018 Winter Olympics Games - PyeongChang S.Korea
Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 13, 2018 23:37

Just saw the medals ceremony. Congrats to Chloe Kim...GOLD for her too!!!!smileys with beer

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:03

Bellajane
Just saw the medals ceremony. Congrats to Chloe Kim...GOLD for her too!!!!smileys with beer

Did I hear correctly that, even though she had already won the gold based on a previous run, she executed her FINAL run so well that her point total actually went up? Winning the gold by an even larger margin?

I think I heard that on the radio this morning.

Go USA
Go World

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: February 14, 2018 00:37

I'm not entirely sure. They called her first run...a monster run...if I heard it correctly because she accumulated so may points. She had it in the bag after that. Way ahead of the pack. I'm not sure about her final score or if she was able to add points. I didn't catch that. All I remember was that when she was starting her final run they said she already had the gold. Very exciting especially for your first Olympics!!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:06

mr_dja
Bellajane

Did I hear correctly that, even though she had already won the gold based on a previous run, she executed her FINAL run so well that her point total actually went up? Winning the gold by an even larger margin?

I think I heard that on the radio this morning.

Go USA
Go World

Peace,
Mr DJA

Yeah, it was a glory run. She already had the highest point score over the Chinese girl who fell on her last run. Highest score goes last. In reality, Kim could have just rode her board down the center of the half pipe but instead did a full ride for the cherry.

Date: February 14, 2018 01:20

The Norwegian skier Johannes Klaebo put on a show for the gold today in the men's cross-country skiing event. What a burst of speed and endurance on the uphill portion of the event. Where do they get this energy?

Glad to see Pellegrino get the silver.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: February 14, 2018 01:54

Chloe said her final run was for her self satisfaction, she said in an interview that she would have been unsatisfied to have won the won GOLD knowing she had a better run in her. And she is just a kid, she will be back in 2022+

I guess the these tricksters always hold tricks "in the bag" and pull them out in their final run.
Tonight's Mens snow board half pipe is going to be nuts... best of all time based on what we saw last night.

Date: February 14, 2018 01:56

Date: February 14, 2018 04:24

Crashing straight down from 15 feet above... a 22 foot wall.... made of frozen concrete. dang...

Date: February 14, 2018 04:31

Only a 95 for the rider from Japan?
That run looks like... idk?... what else can a guy do?
better keep watching

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 14, 2018 04:32

Men's half pipe is insane!

Go USA!
Go World!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: February 14, 2018 05:05

Inspirational!
There is the brass ring... time to grab it... make no mistakes.. take it.
You could see it in Shaun Whites eyes...

And then he went and did what he worked so hard for so long to do. No fk ups.

That was a moment. WOW!

Date: February 14, 2018 06:42

mens halfpipe was insane

I always wonder if the judges seeing a crash or several in a row they end up giving a slightly higher score than if they saw several people nail it in a row

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 06:44 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: February 14, 2018 06:54

Shaun White rocks the half-pipe! Gold for the USA!!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 14, 2018 07:25

keefriffhard4life
mens halfpipe was insane

I always wonder if the judges seeing a crash or several in a row they end up giving a slightly higher score than if they saw several people nail it in a row

Scores in the final of the half pipe are generally higher than qualifying as the good athletes add more complex tricks to their runs.
Bloody insane...i agree!!!

Date: February 14, 2018 08:02

Eleanor Rigby
keefriffhard4life
mens halfpipe was insane

Scores in the final of the half pipe are generally higher than qualifying as the good athletes add more complex tricks to their runs.

I get that. just seemed some of the scores were slightly higher than I thought they would be and then a few seemed lower than I would have guessed and the lower ones mostly seem to come after guys were nailing it back to back

Date: February 14, 2018 10:16

keefriffhard4life
Eleanor Rigby
keefriffhard4life
mens halfpipe was insane

I get that. just seemed some of the scores were slightly higher than I thought they would be and then a few seemed lower than I would have guessed and the lower ones mostly seem to come after guys were nailing it back to back

Who know? It turns out I could not guess those scores any more accurately than I can guess why a foul was called in basketball (or ofr that matter who the foul is against). I wrote above... it seemed to me the score for one run from the boarder from Japans was lower than it should be... abut idk.

I guess that is why Shaun White stomps his tricks so convincingly, so there will be no doubts...although it seems some boarders still complain [nationalpost.com]

Date: February 14, 2018 10:32

Leonioid
keefriffhard4life
Eleanor Rigby
keefriffhard4life
mens halfpipe was insane

Who know? It turns out I could not guess those scores any more accurately than I can guess why a foul was called in basketball (or ofr that matter who the foul is against). I wrote above... it seemed to me the score for one run from the boarder from Japans was lower than it should be... abut idk.

I guess that is why Shaun White stomps his tricks so convincingly, so there will be no doubts...although it seems some boarders still complain [nationalpost.com]

notice the article says a rider got a 99 for doing back to back 1440's. white did that on the final run tonight and got a 97.75 so the entire article is just people saying stuff to get press

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 14, 2018 14:02

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 17:34 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: February 14, 2018 17:59

The Olympics are incredibly boring

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 14, 2018 18:03

I do sports so I like to watch as much as possibly the Olympics!

Date: February 14, 2018 21:14

Only hours after winning Gold in the halfpipe, Shaun White was interrogated by NBC's Today Show hosts about a sexual harassment lawsuit brought against him.

"The allegations were first brought to light in a 2016 civil lawsuit when Lena Zawaideh, the drummer in White’s band, Bad Things, accused him of sexually harassing her and sending her explicit and graphic images. White denied the harassment allegations but admitted to sending the explicit texts. The two sides reached an agreement in May 2017." New York Post.

I knew nothing about it and wish I didn't have to hear it from these clowns. People are trying to enjoy a moment and these people need to ruin a great competition with this closed matter. Now it's all over the media news as they try to denigrate another male.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 14, 2018 23:29

The Sicilian
Only hours after winning Gold in the halfpipe, Shaun White was interrogated by NBC's Today Show hosts about a sexual harassment lawsuit brought against him.

"The allegations were first brought to light in a 2016 civil lawsuit when Lena Zawaideh, the drummer in White’s band, Bad Things, accused him of sexually harassing her and sending her explicit and graphic images. White denied the harassment allegations but admitted to sending the explicit texts. The two sides reached an agreement in May 2017." New York Post.

I knew nothing about it and wish I didn't have to hear it from these clowns. People are trying to enjoy a moment and these people need to ruin a great competition with this closed matter. Now it's all over the media news as they try to denigrate another male.

I knew nothing about it either, and wish I hadn't learned about it for different reasons. He stopped being a hero in my eyes pretty fast, much as his abilities are amazing and undeniable. But feet of clay, like the rest of us.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2018 02:57

Im old and conservative and don't understand why there are X-Games sports in The Olympics. And Short Track must be the most stupid sport they have come up with.
Were I a corrupt IOC-mogul I would restore The Olympics to a classic and smaller format with less disciplines and medals.
It would be cheaper too and put a hold on the megalomania and corruption and furthermore increase the value of a medal.

Date: February 15, 2018 03:18

Stoneage
Im old and conservative and don't understand why there are X-Games sports in The Olympics. And Short Track must be the most stupid sport they have come up with.
Were I a corrupt IOC-mogul I would restore The Olympics to a classic and smaller format with less disciplines and medals.
It would be cheaper too and put a hold on the megalomania and corruption and furthermore increase the value of a medal.

Of course you think that, I mean, what else would you think?

Date: February 15, 2018 03:25

Fun Fact- There are very few skeleton tracks in the whole world... and one of them is in in Latvia.

It was built when Russia still controlled that area and afterwards a family in Latvia has been running it. This is one of the reasons the Dukurs family (the 2 sons) have done so well in this Olympic sport.

It seems the family lived by the track and the Dad is an engineer and his sons started messing for fun... and then got serious... and the engineer Dad started building them better sliders.... and now they do very well in the sport.

Look for Latvians Martins Dukurs and Tomass Dukurs in this sport.

There is more to this fun feel good story, look it up if interested.
e.g. I guess anyone can go slide on the track for a fee.

Date: February 15, 2018 03:58

But today the Koreans are kicking ass in skeleton!
I guess having a local track be "the Olympics track" and practicing on it all of the time is a key to doing well. Skeleton is a nuts sport. I love it, watching these sliders flying down the track balls to the wall ice, no brakes, no steering, head first going so fast the camera cant keep up... laying on what is basically a cafeteria tray with a pair of ice skates bolted to the bottom... IT IS NUTS! I would love to try it

Date: February 15, 2018 06:14

he hit on his drummer, she stuck around and only complained when there was some issue with her pay. matter was settled. imo no story here. no one else has come forward with an allegations against white.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: February 15, 2018 15:54

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-28 17:34 by UrbanSteel.

Date: February 15, 2018 16:25

A great norwegian day: 3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-15 16:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 15, 2018 16:43

Congrats Norway, most medals already (17). Not most golds though (Germany 9). Holland is doing well too, 12 medals.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home