Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Michael Schenker: why I turned down an audition with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 10, 2018 10:14

retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba
The Stones turned down talented musicians because they were NOT English. How come they could have accepted a German dude with a not-so-fluent English...

"ja ja zis iz a killer riff I just rote. Ve shoud try it" grinning smiley

And Adolph was in hell and couldn't help him with panzers smoking smiley

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Shame on you.

Nice to you to remind me that they played "shame shame shame" at these 1975 sessions.

A small piece of Stones history knowledge does not save your former comment from being simply racist.

Blah, blah, blah, my answer is stupid like the subject of this thread. Who can believe that Michael Schenker had been called to have an audition.
I have a scoop too, I heard than Manitas de Plata did it too.
We make a joke and we are racist. Putain on doit pas souvent s'marrer chez toi.

Making jokes about Schenker's german accent is as cheap as making jokes about other people's french accent - not funny at all. And what has Schenker, born in 1955, to do with "Adolph" and his panzers? Only because he's german? If that's not racist I don't know what.

Ok, as you say, you don't know what.I have no probleme with the french accent. I am open to "humour". German make jokes about world war like North American make it too with the world trade center, but not at the attack time but later sure. I worked in an American newspapers and we could hear jokes in the newsroom. But if you can't understand, you don't understand humour or jokes, you miss something, so sad!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 10, 2018 12:33

retired_dog

Making jokes about Schenker's german accent is as cheap as making jokes about other people's french accent - not funny at all.

I wasn't making fun of German ppl speaking English. I was making fun of the assertion they could have hired a German guitarist. The 1975 auditions proved they couldn't even hire an American axeman. To be a Stone you had to be English, And if he was from London he gained a few extras points.

At that little game the winner of the Stones lottery logically was... Ronnie Wood.
"Ach zat's too bad..." Okay I'll stop here. grinning smiley

Date: February 10, 2018 13:07

dcba
retired_dog

Making jokes about Schenker's german accent is as cheap as making jokes about other people's french accent - not funny at all.

I wasn't making fun of German ppl speaking English. I was making fun of the assertion they could have hired a German guitarist. The 1975 auditions proved they couldn't even hire an American axeman. To be a Stone you had to be English, And if he was from London he gained a few extras points.

At that little game the winner of the Stones lottery logically was... Ronnie Wood.
"Ach zat's too bad..." Okay I'll stop here. grinning smiley

Jawohl Herr Colonel Klink (Stalag 13). Ok I stop there too!

Date: February 10, 2018 15:02

ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba
The Stones turned down talented musicians because they were NOT English. How come they could have accepted a German dude with a not-so-fluent English...

Shame on you.

Nice to you to remind me that they played "shame shame shame" at these 1975 sessions.

A small piece of Stones history knowledge does not save your former comment from being simply racist.

Blah, blah, blah, my answer is stupid like the subject of this thread. Who can believe that Michael Schenker had been called to have an audition.

Making jokes about Schenker's german accent is as cheap as making jokes about other people's french accent - not funny at all. And what has Schenker, born in 1955, to do with "Adolph" and his panzers? Only because he's german? If that's not racist I don't know what.

Ok, as you say, you don't know what.I have no probleme with the french accent. I am open to "humour". German make jokes about world war like North American make it too with the world trade center, but not at the attack time but later sure. I worked in an American newspapers and we could hear jokes in the newsroom. But if you can't understand, you don't understand humour or jokes, you miss something, so sad!

Is that true, Germans and Americans?

This is just bad taste, imo, and you should be humble enough - judging by the feedback - to apologise or just don't take this any further..

Date: February 10, 2018 16:40

ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba

Shame on you.

Right on Ourox. Course it's a stupid joke. Lots of jokes are supposed to be stupid. Enough with throwing this word 'racist' around at the drop of a hat.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 10, 2018 18:55

ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba

Shame on you.

Rubbish. Typical defense fairytales. And even if it's true, there's still a difference between "private jokes" and spreading stereotypes pubkically on the net.

"Open to humour" - ah yes. The apology for everything. Some may even find jokes about concentration camps "funny". And people like me who think it's tasteless are "humourless". Well, ok then. There's "humour" and there's humour. You get it or you don't.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:02

Please stop. Just stop.

Date: February 10, 2018 19:18

retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba

Shame on you.

Rubbish. Typical defense fairytales. And even if it's true, there's still a difference between "private jokes" and spreading stereotypes pubkically on the net.

"Open to humour" - ah yes. The apology for everything. Some may even find jokes about concentration camps "funny". And people like me who think it's tasteless are "humourless". Well, ok then. There's "humour" and there's humour. You get it or you don't.

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 10, 2018 19:43

I don't know where ouroux58 is from, but as an American myself I don't recall ever hearing jokes about the World Trade Center whether privately or from a professional comedian.
Yes jokes about Bin Laden living in a primitive cave, etc., (and many conspiracy theories floating about), but never jokes about the World Trade Center itself which is beyond tasteless imo.
There might be some nutty dirtbag comedians telling jokes about it, but none that I've ever heard. Maybe I'm the one living in a cave or just choose to shut them out - again can't recall hearing any.

But back on topic - just imagine...what if....

smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 10, 2018 22:24

Palace Revolution 2000
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
retired_dog
ouroux58
dcba

Hear, hear. Thumbs up! (Just silently hoping that dodn’t turn out to be a rude gesture overnight.)

Shame on you.

Right on Ourox. Course it's a stupid joke. Lots of jokes are supposed to be stupid. Enough with throwing this word 'racist' around at the drop of a hat.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: February 10, 2018 23:10

Ouroux waciste. yawning smiley

Date: February 11, 2018 00:27

A good joke now... euh no, another time smoking smiley
If you are insisting, ok. Right!
"Quelle différence entre un pigeon?"
Just a clue for the one who didn't know from where I am.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 11, 2018 00:46

ouroux58

Bonjour.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: February 11, 2018 12:34

ouroux58

Très jolie!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home