Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticket sales in the UK
Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:26

Tryin' to do some research for ticket sales for the rumored 2018 shows...

I've got a very good idea on the online sales agents from the European shows last Fall, and now I'd like to be prepared in case I make the decision to travel to the UK, Wales or Ireland for a show this year.

I noticed that the Eminem shows that just went on sale for Twickenham linked through to Ticketmaster UK. Will they handle potential Stones gigs at Twickenham, as well as most others in the UK? I'm aware there's a TM Ireland, also. And checking Maiden tickets showed their gigs at the O2 Arena are sold through AXS, I think. I'll check AXS to see if the account I used for the Vegas '16 show(s) and the Golden Knights game I just attended will access UK shows. My TM account here will not log me in to TM UK.

I like to do my research, for sure! If I take the plunge it's time to be ready, and I have a friend who is very interested in making the trip.

Any help for a Stones fan is most appreciated!

Re: Ticket sales in the UK
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:54

I believe you need to register for different accounts in different countries with ticketmaster.

Nate

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 3, 2018 02:00

Nate
I believe you need to register for different accounts in different countries with ticketmaster.

Nate

That's what I did when the rumours about the previous tours were being posted. Also, I've always kept my account with the automatic sign-in enabled, so this way it would save me some time.

Date: February 3, 2018 02:05

I just created a new one on TM UK. Only allowed me to select "International" for country of residence, so we'll see how that pans out...

My AXS account did allow me to pull seats for Iron Maiden at the O2 Arena, so that's cool if need be.

In '95 when I attended shows at Wembley on 15/16 July, I booked through Keith Prowse, a theatre booking agent, and tix were already on sale. They said we can get you Stones tix for Paris or London, and I don't speak French, so Wembley it was!

I remember I only bought for one show, I believe the 16th Sunday gig, and then bought a ticket at the gate for Saturday the 15th if I'm correct. Anybody remember if that Sunday gig went on sale before Saturday, which left tickets available?

I know, it was many moons ago...

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 3, 2018 02:13

I have a hard time recalling anything in the 90s spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 3, 2018 03:00

I know what you mean!

For me it can be sensory overload, like those Wembley gigs... I travelled alone from Torino to Heathrow just for those 2 gigs after flying over from Cincinnati to Milano a couple of days before that with my Grandmother. My Aunt has a vacation home near Asti, so we visited and I planned it all around my detour to London for those Stones gigs!

My first trip abroad, first ride on the Tube or any subway, all alone and hoping I'm where I need to be when I need to be there. A little nerve-wracking, and I always keep my head on a swivel at a show in case of over-exuberance from those around me, be it alcohol or violence, you gotta be aware!

Was on the pitch for one show, and the rainy night I went up in the stands and met some cool folks from London who had teenagers on the pitch. They had travelled to the US before, so we had a good Rock'n'Roll visit for those 2 or 3 hours!

It's been my goal ever since to see The Stones in Italy, but September 23rd in Lucca may have been my final chance for that.

I've got to admit my next choice is Olympiastadion in Berlin, but work schedules and vacation times might bring me full circle to London.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 3, 2018 14:37

I registered on the Dutch ticket master for the recent Amsterdam concert.

Also the rolling stones app.

My experience was on the pre sale i had 4 tablets on the go and not even a bite after 4 hours of so, lucky for me I was off from work and so had the time to waste as such.

I knew the tickets i wanted would come up again, but I had to sweat it out for over a week and somebody kindly put the heads up on here, that the tickets were back on sale again.I

Saying this, we probably all gone through this process.

Best of luck.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 3, 2018 14:38

I think there will be some kind of this f***** pre$ale.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1663
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home