Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thames and Hudson : maximum incompetence and maximum disappointment
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 2, 2018 10:22

Last week I ordered a signed copy of Ronnie Wood's Artist book on their webpage. I received an order confirmation email but 3 days later, they wrote that they had not enough books and canceled my order.

Not only did they deeply disappointed me since I was struck with personnal issues last year and missed the 1st batch of books but I also lost a few bucks by the refund (change variation + banking costs).
The day after I placed my order, the books were still on line and available for ordering.

I had been watching their webpage day after day after they advertised these books on their Facebook page and I even commented their post 2 days after they published it asking if I missed the books. They never answered.

If anyone has a spare signed copy at a nice price, please let me know.
Thanks in advance

Re: Thames and Hudson : maximum incompetence and maximum disappointment
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2018 10:45

Maybe Ulrich Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] can help -- so to speak from SuperFan-to-SuperFan. Ulrich knows Ronnie personally [iorr.org] and maybe Ronnie has a spare copy of the Book ....

Date: February 2, 2018 10:53

Irix
Maybe Ulrich Schröder from the [StonesFanMuseum.com] can help -- so to speak from SuperFan-to-SuperFan. Ulrich knows Ronnie personally [iorr.org] and maybe Ronnie has a spare copy of the Book ....

Thanks ! Wait and see
They have the regular unsigned book still available
I was hoping a message from them saying they will send some more bookplates to Ronnie, get them back and ship the books later, but they don't even apologize properly about their bad management of this release.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 2, 2018 11:48

Those companies are also notorious for postsponing releases, just ´cause the time ain´t right yet. They`re primadonnas, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 11:50 by noughties.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 2, 2018 12:00

noughties

Those companies are also notorious for postsponing releases, just ´cause the time ain´t right yet. They`re primadonnas, I think.

But in this case it was already released -- a Limited Edition of 500 copies only [iorr.org] which are now gone and Doc couldn't buy it due to some circumstances ....

Date: February 2, 2018 12:37

No chance there were 500 available last week.
It's a shame these guys are unable in 2018 to configurate a website properly to sell the exact amount they have available.
The day after I ordered, the book was supposedly still available...
Very disappointing. I wrote to them, there's no way to argue.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 2, 2018 12:58

Doc
It's a shame these guys are unable in 2018 to configurate a website properly to sell the exact amount they have available.

Just write and tell them they are being exposed as a bunch of amateur losers on iorr............

Date: February 2, 2018 18:46

EddieByword
Doc

Just write and tell them they are being exposed as a bunch of amateur losers on iorr............

Despite the fact that you are too ironic about the people present on this forum, I doubt it would be of any help...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 2, 2018 20:03

Doc
EddieByword
Doc

Despite the fact that you are too ironic about the people present on this forum, I doubt it would be of any help...

Too obscure for me..........I honestly don't know what you mean.......(I don't share the view that "all publicity is good publicity" despite Andrew Loog Oldham's assurances on that matter and I doubt anybody trying to sell Stones merch (nowadays at least) would either (or any merch for that matter............

Just trying to help, in that, that course might be cathartic if nothing else.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-02 20:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: February 9, 2018 22:42

Drop me an email. wickerman767@aim.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home