Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Rolling Stones: Live at the Max CD
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 23:19

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Doc
Eagle rock released on standalone CD the soundtracks of all their "recent" Stones-related releases : Ladies & Gents, Some Girls Live and the Checkerboard Lounge.

Except for L&G and audio release associated to the DVD had already been made before. Since Stones at the Max has never been sold as a CD+DVD pack, and since Flashpoint is widely available, this may not happen...

It might be that they won't release a cd of it, since Live At The Max isn't a single show, but rather performances from different concerts?

That's no different than LOVE YOU LIVE, STILL LIFE, FLASHPOINT, NO SECURITY and LIVE LICKS.

None of them were vault-releases, though, and that may be why Eagle Rock didn't give this one the audio/video-treatment.

L&G, Some Girls Live in Texas and Checkerboard Lounge were not released under the Vault Label either smiling smiley

Date: February 6, 2018 00:01

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Doc
Eagle rock released on standalone CD the soundtracks of all their "recent" Stones-related releases : Ladies & Gents, Some Girls Live and the Checkerboard Lounge.

Except for L&G and audio release associated to the DVD had already been made before. Since Stones at the Max has never been sold as a CD+DVD pack, and since Flashpoint is widely available, this may not happen...

It might be that they won't release a cd of it, since Live At The Max isn't a single show, but rather performances from different concerts?

That's no different than LOVE YOU LIVE, STILL LIFE, FLASHPOINT, NO SECURITY and LIVE LICKS.

None of them were vault-releases, though, and that may be why Eagle Rock didn't give this one the audio/video-treatment.

L&G, Some Girls Live in Texas and Checkerboard Lounge were not released under the Vault Label either smiling smiley

"From The Vault" didn't exist when those releases came out, though. The L&G cd was an odd one-off release, it seems. Dvds and deluxe-packages were already released when the L&G-cd came.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: February 6, 2018 03:53

Irix
A Promo-CD was released in USA in 1999 by Image Entertainment (SACD 1004) - [www.Discogs.com] .

The CD has 1994 printed on it and the songs are not complete.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2018 11:50

nick
Irix

A Promo-CD was released in USA in 1999 by Image Entertainment (SACD 1004) - [www.Discogs.com] .

The CD has 1994 printed on it and the songs are not complete.

Discogs seems to be unreliable .... winking smiley

Checked again: [EIL.com] says 1994 too. And the Video-Runtime of 89 mins barely fits onto a single Audio-CD ....

Date: February 6, 2018 12:25

HenrikBB

"At The Max" was released in 1991 on a double VIDEOCD, and here the "sound" is quite different from the DVD-release, - much more like a real live-album.

Some pictures, found by chance:

[www.eBay.com]

Not to confuse -- a Promo-item that was made to be placed in the CD bins of a retail store, to remind the customer to buy the VHS-title of the same name:

[www.FlipSideWeb.com]

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 6, 2018 12:38

Used to have that video CD. Don't know where it went. sad smiley

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 6, 2018 18:29

Irix
HenrikBB

"At The Max" was released in 1991 on a double VIDEOCD, and here the "sound" is quite different from the DVD-release, - much more like a real live-album.

Different sound? Really? COOL! I guess it's a different mix? I have to check it out. Thanks.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 6, 2018 20:27

I wonder why somebody would like to have IMAX once again?

If it would be necessary to cover 1989 - 1990 tour once again - they have in a sleeve Atlantic City and Barcelona (or something else from Europe).

Sure - re-issue of IMAX is an easy cash in but I doubt it will sell well.

Date: February 6, 2018 21:00

ironbelly

As a historical document - and it's captured on 70 mm Film.

With an 8K-UHD2 Beamer (7680x4320px) you could have the IMAX-experience at home .... smiling smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 7, 2018 09:45

Was great to see this at an IMAX theater. I've read it's still shown occasionally. I'd go again for sure.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 7, 2018 19:56

ironbelly

If it would be necessary to cover 1989 - 1990 tour once again - they have in a sleeve Atlantic City and Barcelona (or something else from Europe).

Sure - re-issue of IMAX is an easy cash in but I doubt it will sell well.

I think it has the best version of Happy from that era.

After I've heard Barcelona or Atlantic City or Flashpoint too many times, it's nice to have a different concert to listen to.

It wouldn't take much to make it a digital download so it wouldn't really matter how much it sold.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: February 8, 2018 02:36

exilestones
Irix
HenrikBB

Different sound? Really? COOL! I guess it's a different mix? I have to check it out. Thanks.

I deliberately used the word "sound" - as I´ve always found it hard to tell
what is a matter of "Production" - or "Mix" -
It´s been a while since I last compared the VideoCD to the DVD - but it´s mainly
the presence of "audience-sound" that makes the difference . . .
The "Gas Mask-release" is almost antiseptical regarding "concert atmosphere" -
- but listen for yourself . .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 4, 2018 23:45

Wasn't sure where to post this...anyway I came across a "Making of At The Max" by accident and was surprised by this comment by Mick about "my wife's having a baby" [youtu.be] - what's that about ?! He's not talking about Lizzy or James obviously and not Georgia May either who was born in 1992 ?! He's about to say he hasn't seen her in and then stops.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 5, 2018 02:36

they can release a boxset, they have recorded many dates including prague, so that maybe someday the next generation of fans have an uncut shows recorded for that project + the movie .....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 5, 2018 03:04

gotdablouse
Wasn't sure where to post this...anyway I came across a "Making of At The Max" by accident and was surprised by this comment by Mick about "my wife's having a baby" [youtu.be] - what's that about ?! He's not talking about Lizzy or James obviously and not Georgia May either who was born in 1992 ?! He's about to say he hasn't seen her in and then stops.

He's making fun of someone, but I'm not certain who. The eyeroll makes it obvious. It's likely someone from a rock documentary since they're putting make up on him and asking him about the last show when he goes into "you know I really appreciate it, man, because my wife's having a baby and I haven't seen her in two weeks" (eye roll). The odd thing is...why include it?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2018 15:57

Yes the "eye roll" comes in at the end, he seems dead serious in the beginning, weird, especially when you know what he did as soon as Georgia May was born in 1992 ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: December 5, 2018 18:10

Yeah, I remember. Carla had that quality that makes me if not excuse him, at least understand why he risked everything. His best public moment around that time was at one of the award shows (MTV or VH1) when he publicly thanked Woody Allen and Mia Farrow for making "our rock 'n' roll marriages seem so quiet and dignified."

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: December 6, 2018 21:48

Has anyone ever made a rip from the Video CD? Might be interesting.

This thread reminded me of the marvelous Sympathy solo on At The Max. For me, it's one of the most beautiful Keith moments: everything about Keith is there, in this passion and physical interaction with his guitar. It's almost like he's making love to his guitar. So touching to be able to witness such a moment! Here's a screenshot (can't resist).

Date: December 6, 2018 21:50

Making love to his guitar? That's Carlos Santana talk.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: December 6, 2018 21:54

Rocky Dijon
Making love to his guitar? That's Carlos Santana talk.

>grinning smiley<

Didn't Keith once compare the hole of his guitar with... eye rolling smiley

Date: December 6, 2018 22:15

I recall the tree stump remark, but you're probably correct. There's a reason Keith loved Derek & Clive.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home