Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Rolling Stones: Live at the Max CD
Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: February 1, 2018 12:25

They could take the cd out of Live at the Max somebody knows something I asked in .eagle-rock.com they do not say anything or the next ones From The Vault

Re: The Rolling Stones: Live at the Max CD
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 1, 2018 12:30

Eagle Rock should do an 8K-Scan (UHD2, 7680x4320 pixels) of the 70 mm IMAX films ....

Date: February 1, 2018 12:35

The sound is too bad to deserve a cd-release, imo.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 1, 2018 12:36

Yes, this would make a great package. CD and 4K combination. Hope this happens.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: February 1, 2018 12:43

Isn't there a live at the max bluray?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 1, 2018 12:48

Whale

Yes there is. I have it.

Date: February 1, 2018 13:05

Silver Dagger
Whale

Yes there is. I have it.

Did I miss the official release of this one??

Date: February 1, 2018 13:20

Whale

Since 2009: [www.Amazon.co.uk] .... it's available in HD 1080p on [iTunes.apple.com] too.

Date: February 1, 2018 14:05

mick64

They could take the cd out of Live at the Max [...]

You can do it by yourself: there's a PCM 48kHz/24bit Stereo-Track on the BluRay - you could extract it e.g. with AnyDVD or MakeMKV or DVDFab plus eac3to or TSMuxer ....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2018 15:23

It'd be good just for the screw up in IORR. The rest of it is unnecessary, considering FLASHPOINT, the vault one and the great bootleg SEVENTH OF JULY.

Although if the Atlantic City PPV show was released... that would be fantastic.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 2, 2018 04:13

I agree.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:04

I love Happy, Street Fighting Man and 2000 Light Years from this movie. Luckily Street Fighting Man was released on CD. Somehow DVD/Blu Ray rips never seem to sound as good as an actual CD release. Maybe it's the software used to rip?

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man
Producer, Mixed By – Chris Kimsey

[www.discogs.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:23

exilestones
I love Happy, Street Fighting Man and 2000 Light Years from this movie. Luckily Street Fighting Man was released on CD. Somehow DVD/Blu Ray rips never seem to sound as good as an actual CD release. Maybe it's the software used to rip?

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man

[www.discogs.com]

Tumbling Dice was also from "At The Max"

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:30

I'd love a full Barcelona, Turin or Wembley on DVD but in full. I hate the way they release these concerts but miss songs out, or more recently the lazy adding the missing songs as Bonus tracks. Come on, give us full gigs, you have them and I'd say most of us would love to see them. I loved Barcelona, I love At Te Max but 1 and a half isn't satisfactory to me.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 3, 2018 07:36

Silver Dagger
Whale

Yes there is. I have it.
got it too

Date: February 3, 2018 07:38

exilestones

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man

[www.discogs.com]

I have the vinyl 45 of this release.

Date: February 3, 2018 08:09

treaclefingers

The CD single is rare and the 45 is more rare.

"This was a Holland-only pressing to coincide with the band's European IMAX tour in 1991. The sticker on the sleeve invites fans to see the "Rolling Stones at the Max" in Rotterdam (and includes a phone number)."
[www.discogs.com]

Date: February 3, 2018 08:10

Precio:GBP 180.00
Aproximadamente US $256.26

[www.ebay.com]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 4, 2018 16:32

treaclefingers
exilestones

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man

[www.discogs.com]

wow, you're so cool!

Date: February 4, 2018 16:32

exilestones
treaclefingers

The CD single is rare and the 45 is more rare.

"This was a Holland-only pressing to coincide with the band's European IMAX tour in 1991. The sticker on the sleeve invites fans to see the "Rolling Stones at the Max" in Rotterdam (and includes a phone number)."
[www.discogs.com]

I bought it on ebay about 10 years ago. I was led to believe these were sold at the IMAX theatres before/after the show. I have no idea if this is how they were distributed...do you happen to know?

Date: February 4, 2018 16:34

LeonidP
treaclefingers
exilestones

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man

[www.discogs.com]

wow, you're so cool!

I'm not going to argue with you there, although that has little to do with my possession of the vinyl.

Thanks though!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 5, 2018 01:14

treaclefingers
LeonidP
treaclefingers
exilestones

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 Tumbling Dice
3 Street Fighting Man

[www.discogs.com]

wow, you're so cool!

I'm not going to argue with you there, although that has little to do with my possession of the vinyl.

Thanks though!

Yeah, you're right up there w/ the likes of Richard Simmons on the 'cool' chart.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 5, 2018 12:27

Eagle rock released on standalone CD the soundtracks of all their "recent" Stones-related releases : Ladies & Gents, Some Girls Live and the Checkerboard Lounge.

Except for L&G and audio release associated to the DVD had already been made before. Since Stones at the Max has never been sold as a CD+DVD pack, and since Flashpoint is widely available, this may not happen...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: February 5, 2018 12:59

Doc
Eagle rock released on standalone CD the soundtracks of all their "recent" Stones-related releases : Ladies & Gents, Some Girls Live and the Checkerboard Lounge.

Except for L&G and audio release associated to the DVD had already been made before. Since Stones at the Max has never been sold as a CD+DVD pack, and since Flashpoint is widely available, this may not happen...

It might be that they won't release a cd of it, since Live At The Max isn't a single show, but rather performances from different concerts?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 5, 2018 14:53

DandelionPowderman
Doc

It might be that they won't release a cd of it, since Live At The Max isn't a single show, but rather performances from different concerts?

as is L&G

Date: February 5, 2018 14:59

hockenheim95
DandelionPowderman
Doc

as is L&G

True, but the L&G-performances are at least from the same US state smiling smiley

Posted by: HenrikBB ()
Date: February 5, 2018 17:28

"At The Max" was released in 1991 on a double VIDEOCD, and here the "sound" is quite different from the DVD-release, - much more like a real live-album.

(VIDEOCD was a short-lived media, - that lost the battle to DVD, - and I can´t tell if the audio is identical to the laserdisc release)

Date: February 5, 2018 21:40

mick64

They could take the cd out of Live at the Max [...]

A Promo-CD was released in USA in 1994 by Image Entertainment (SACD1004) - [www.Discogs.com] - [EIL.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-06 11:55 by Irix.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2018 21:47

DandelionPowderman
Doc

That's no different than LOVE YOU LIVE, STILL LIFE, FLASHPOINT, NO SECURITY and LIVE LICKS.

Date: February 5, 2018 22:58

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Doc

That's no different than LOVE YOU LIVE, STILL LIFE, FLASHPOINT, NO SECURITY and LIVE LICKS.

None of them were vault-releases, though, and that may be why Eagle Rock didn't give this one the audio/video-treatment.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home