Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Was Bianca the Stones' Yoko?
Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 29, 2018 20:41

It's not very much discussed but Bianca, a strong woman, DID have her own dreams and ambitions in the world of art and artists.
She, too, craved some respect for her expressive autonomy; similar to Yoko in that manner.
Mick was in love. Everything goes hay-wire when you're in Love...
It's little known, but there WERE some recording attempts early-on.

...only Mick woke up and, diplomatically you see, which is his way,
just quashed talk of some demos he had cut with her....and had them destroyed...
or so he thought...even the prelimiary audition tapes!!
Alas, most all of that will probably never be heard...
just a glint and glimmer along the way...as in this short clip...
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 29, 2018 23:58

Bianca wanted to be kept soignée. From the new Jann Wenner biography Sticky Fingers:

“Billy Joel said the song Big Shot was based on a dinner-table spat he witnessed between Mick and Bianca in L.A. in the early 1970s. `He was writing a song at the time and he kept singing it at the table,' recalled Joel. `"I'm working so hard to keep you in luxury."' (It was Luxury from 1974's `It's Only Rock 'n Roll'.)"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 30, 2018 09:42

Title5Take1
Bianca wanted to be kept soignée. From the new Jann Wenner biography Sticky Fingers:

“Billy Joel said the song Big Shot was based on a dinner-table spat he witnessed between Mick and Bianca in L.A. in the early 1970s. `He was writing a song at the time and he kept singing it at the table,' recalled Joel. `"I'm working so hard to keep you in luxury."' (It was Luxury from 1974's `It's Only Rock 'n Roll'.)"

And yet it was Jerry who was always dripping in jewels and furs.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 30, 2018 13:55

Bliss
Title5Take1

And yet it was Jerry who was always dripping in jewels and furs.

Jerry had an excellent paying job smiling smiley

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 30, 2018 17:23

Palace Revolution 2000
Yoko, Bianca, Anita - the girl who comes in between the two core members of the band has become so common

Redhotcarpet
In some ways Anita was the Yoko of Keith.

Well, if you consider that Anita was the cause & reason of the break-up between Keith & Brian (causing the further isolation of the latter within the band, ultimately leading to his death...),
and after that, of 'the' fall-out between Keith & Mick (due to the alledged 'romantic action' between Anita & Jagger... a fall-out I suspect both nevr really recovered from - at least if we take "Life" as an indication - still, at least we got "Gimme Shelter" out of it! smoking smiley ),
it shouldn' be that hard to know who the real nemesis (if any!) of te band would be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-30 17:24 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 30, 2018 18:00

Mick and Keith continued to work closely long after the Performance film.
If Keith was so uptight why did he agree to go on holiday to South America in 1968/69 with Mick and Marianne? Its blown up out of all proportion. Also I would take some of the statements made in Life with a huge tab of ...er..salt.
By her own accounts, nobody owned Anita (well, except drugs).
The 'working relationship' has just got more distant over the years for many reasons, as outlined in this thread.
Girl friends/lovers etc aren't in my view a factor at all.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: January 30, 2018 18:15

Elmo Lewis
When she showed up, Mick and Keith quit spending time together on holiday, writing, etc.

Is Bianca to blame?

Altamont?

Keith's drug use?

I saw Jagger say in an interview that after Exile and 1972 the Stones kind of lost a little hunger and didn't care about spending time together writing songs anymore. He said they had a feeling that the made it to the top already.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 30, 2018 18:23

Jane, Linda Heather, Nancy: Who was Pauls Yoko then?

And, remember Ronnie and the Russian girl?

F cking exciting, innit? No, it ain't!

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Feels like: Forum in the time of no-tour.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 30, 2018 18:31

stanlove
Elmo Lewis
When she showed up, Mick and Keith quit spending time together on holiday, writing, etc.

Is Bianca to blame?

Altamont?

Keith's drug use?

I saw Jagger say in an interview that after Exile and 1972 the Stones kind of lost a little hunger and didn't care about spending time together writing songs anymore. He said they had a feeling that the made it to the top already.

That's it. The Stones 1973 is the Beatles 1968!

Date: January 30, 2018 20:58

oops wrong thread sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 00:40 by hopkins.

Date: January 31, 2018 02:15

hopkins
oops wrong thread sorry

And..Todd Rundgren pops in my head.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 31, 2018 16:41

Title5Take1

That's interesting. Then if were to take the lyrics litteraly the song is about her taken from Nick's point of view.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 16:43 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 31, 2018 19:29

hopkins
It's not very much discussed but Bianca, a strong woman, DID have her own dreams and ambitions in the world of art and artists.
She, too, craved some respect for her expressive autonomy; similar to Yoko in that manner.
Mick was in love. Everything goes hay-wire when you're in Love...
It's little known, but there WERE some recording attempts early-on.

...only Mick woke up and, diplomatically you see, which is his way,
just quashed talk of some demos he had cut with her....and had them destroyed...
or so he thought...even the prelimiary audition tapes!!
Alas, most all of that will probably never be heard...
just a glint and glimmer along the way...as in this short clip...
[www.youtube.com]

lol great set-up grinning smiley

Date: January 31, 2018 19:36

lol, yeh Bianca has her own distinct approach, no?
It takes creative courage like this to tear Palace Revolution away from his "Utopia" collection!!

Oops, I did it again

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-01 05:25 by hopkins.

Date: February 1, 2018 00:27

stanlove
Elmo Lewis

Is Bianca to blame?

Altamont?

Keith's drug use?

Yes stanlove, I HATED hearing Jagger say that. And I know he has said this kind of late in the game. But it is one of the more revealing things IMO he has ever let slip. He is giving in a bit; conceding.
I like it when the artists stand by their work, no matter what.
One really great quote is Strummer talking about "Sandinista". I would have to paraphrase, but he totally stands by it, and basically tells the world to stuff it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 1, 2018 13:11

Palace Revolution 2000

I like it when the artists stand by their work, no matter what.
One really great quote is Strummer talking about "Sandinista". I would have to paraphrase, but he totally stands by it, and basically tells the world to stuff it.

You bet Strummer stood by Sandinista: it is one of the best LPs ever recorded!!!

C

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home