Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Was Bianca the Stones' Yoko?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 28, 2018 20:58

When she showed up, Mick and Keith quit spending time together on holiday, writing, etc.

Is Bianca to blame?

Altamont?

Keith's drug use?

Re: Was Bianca the Stones' Yoko?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:08

Well, I've always felt Yoko was John's scapegoat, for his own desires to strike out on his own. As far as I know Bianca kept far from the Stones inner workings. Was she a considered nuisance at the studio, like Yoko was for Paul, George, and Ringo? Yoko also had her own ego and avant garde art career to advance. Bianca seemed to have no agenda, and has only occasionally surfaced for various political causes. It's a bit ridiculous to compare the two women. I don't remember any Mick solo albums with his songs on one side and Bianca's on the other.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:12

Mick and Bianca always struck me as a mismatch. Other than looking alike they seemed to have nothing in common. I felt bad for her in csb when I saw how distant they were from each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 21:15 by ryanpow.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:27

I always get extremely annoyed by all that Yoko Ono bashing. Lennon fell in love with her. Good for him. He'd been playing for 10 years with the Beatles and they'd done what they had to do, it was time for a change. End of story.
And of course Bianca did not break up Mick and Keith. Keith went down the junkie path and Mick got more involved with the business side of the Stones after Klein ripped them off dramatically. That's all.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:30

Bianca didn't spend much time in the studio with the Stones, as Yoko did with the Beatles. That's one big difference the springs to mind. As 24FPS says, she wasn't involved artistically with Mick like Yoko was with John.

In a way, Anita was more like a Yoko than Bianca, but I haven't seen many pics of her in the studio with the Stones either.

As far as Keith and Mick drifting apart, that was probably mostly just both of them growing up. Not as in behaving very mature, but getting wives/girlfriends and kids, living further apart, spending work time but not spare time together, having different life styles, etc.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:30

The Stones didn't break up because of her; so, no. They also didn't have her in the studio wailing lunatic mantras into a microphone...

As far as Mick and Keith spending less time together, that's just a natural progression. They have many differences in personality and taste, and as they mature it gets reflected in their social lives, etc.

By the way, Yoko began by stalking Paul; she just wanted to hook a celebrity to promote herself.

Yoko and Bianca = apples and broccoli, oranges and brussel sprouts

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 28, 2018 21:35

LieB
Anita was more like a Yoko than Bianca, but I haven't seen many pics of her in the studio with the Stones either.

"Woo-hoo!... Woo-hoo!..."

Date: January 28, 2018 21:56

I remember hearing a story that during the the bb sessions Anita gave Mick advice on his vocal technique on stray cat blues and he took her advice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-28 21:58 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 28, 2018 22:47

Since the Stones broke up when Mick and Bianca married and Bianca subsequently wrote and "sang" primal scream therapy on Side 2 of several of Mick's post-Stones solo albums, I would have to include she was indeed their Yoko.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic because I like Bianca. Marianne fit with Anita. She allowed Anita to be the Alpha in their relationships and she was a complementary drug user and seeker of occult wisdom who could be influenced by Anita. Bianca had no time for Anita, didn't like her, wasn't influenced by her, and didn't need her.

That didn't make her Yoko, just someone strong enough to avoid her.

And no, Bianca wasn't a saint either.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2018 23:14

Nobody will ever be Yoko. I don't hate Yoko as much as others (she's terrible, but I get it. He loved her). Having said that, she didn't know her place and if John was dragging her around everywhere, especially to band practice and recording sessions, she should have known to tell him that was not her place. John kind of forced her on a lot of things, but she didn't help and I think had she said or done something about it (you didn't see Linda nearly the same way as Yoko) she'd be looked at way more fondly. She was overbearing, not helped by an insecure John, and also had zero talent (and I say that as a fan of Whole Lotta Yoko from the Rock And Roll Circus). No one will ever be Yoko, although few women could also pull off Walking On Thin Ice the way she did so you know, pros and cons.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 28, 2018 23:51

Actually like her vocals on Bungalow Bill and Birthday off The White Album.

Also on Every Man Has a Woman Who Loves Him off Double Fantasy.

But those B-sides off John's early 45's...confused smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2018 03:54

ryanpow
I remember hearing a story that during the the bb sessions Anita gave Mick advice on his vocal technique on stray cat blues and he took her advice.

It was the mix.

Once I heard Anita listen to a tape of 'Stray Cat Blues' as Jagger proudly waited her tell him (as all the other lackeys had done) how brilliant it was. "Crap," she said when it had finished. "The vocals are mixed up too high, and the bass isn't loud enough." Mick, with the basic insecurity of every creative artist, was so unused to hearing someone dare criticize his work that he at once went back to the studio and had the number remixed.

(From 'Up and Down With The Rolling Stones' by Tony Sanchez)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2018 03:59

RollingFreak
Nobody will ever be Yoko. I don't hate Yoko as much as others (she's terrible, but I get it. He loved her). Having said that, she didn't know her place and if John was dragging her around everywhere, especially to band practice and recording sessions, she should have known to tell him that was not her place. John kind of forced her on a lot of things, but she didn't help and I think had she said or done something about it (you didn't see Linda nearly the same way as Yoko) she'd be looked at way more fondly. She was overbearing, not helped by an insecure John, and also had zero talent (and I say that as a fan of Whole Lotta Yoko from the Rock And Roll Circus). No one will ever be Yoko, although few women could also pull off Walking On Thin Ice the way she did so you know, pros and cons.

I'm not a fan of her work, but shes far from zero-talented. Although I can understand that sentiment from her musical contributions around the time of the Beatles' break-up.

Lennon certainly wasnt creating songs as good as this in 1980. Or for much of the 70's, either.

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 04:02 by Gazza.

Date: January 29, 2018 04:26

Gazza
ryanpow

It was the mix.

Once I heard Anita listen to a tape of 'Stray Cat Blues' as Jagger proudly waited her tell him (as all the other lackeys had done) how brilliant it was. "Crap," she said when it had finished. "The vocals are mixed up too high, and the bass isn't loud enough." Mick, with the basic insecurity of every creative artist, was so unused to hearing someone dare criticize his work that he at once went back to the studio and had the number remixed.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-29 04:27 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 29, 2018 09:13

I thought Yoko was dreadful. John had quite a sense of humour before hooking up with her and then he lost it. And I cannot think of a single "musician", "composer", or "singer" whom I dislike more.

Anita was jealous of Bianca and felt threatened by her. Bianca had (has) an elegance and class that Anita did not. Anita mentioned how Bianca spent 5 hours in the bathroom doing "natural" makeup, an obsessive perfectionist. At the same time, Anita and Keith were losing teeth due to heroin use, and refused to get dental treatment, which they considered a "bourgeois concern".

So Anita did all she could to turn Keith and others against Bianca. Personally I think part of Bianca's attraction for Mick was to escape the heroin morass of Keith, Anita and Marianne.

But she could not retain his interest. Mick cheated on her from the beginning, including with Anita at Nellcote. You can see her hurt/anger in CS Blues. They had monumental fights.

Date: January 29, 2018 10:25

Gazza
ryanpow

It was the mix.

Was it after this Mick asked Jimmy to turn down all his vocals in the mix? winking smiley

I remember an interview where Jimmy claimed that Mick wasn't happy being up front in the mix, and wanted the vocals more integrated in the band's sound. Miller didn't agree, but obeyed..

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 29, 2018 11:31

Gazza
ryanpow

It was the mix.

Probably made up nonsense though. grinning smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 29, 2018 12:19

No and Mick is not Stones John

2 1 2 0

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 29, 2018 13:05

24FPS
... with his songs on one side and Bianca's on the other.

...or even, G*D forbid, with her lead vocals on it.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 29, 2018 13:07

Best ask Keith that question. cool smiley

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 29, 2018 15:04

Come On
No and Mick is not Stones John

Mick is more Stones Paul, in my view!

Posted by: RG ()
Date: January 29, 2018 15:40

Another question: Why does Bianca calls herself still 'Bianca Jagger' regarding to her official Twitter account? I mean they are divorced for years.. Is it all about the 'name' Jagger?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: January 29, 2018 16:30

It's her name because she never remarried. Many divorced women adhere to that. Some don't, that's their choice, but her name was legally changed when she was married. It doesn't legally change again when you divorce.

Does the name help with someone who has spent the last 40 years focusing on humanitarian efforts? Sure. Reason enough to hang onto it.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 29, 2018 16:37

RG
Another question: Why does Bianca calls herself still 'Bianca Jagger' regarding to her official Twitter account? I mean they are divorced for years.. Is it all about the 'name' Jagger?

I wouldn't read too much into that. Loads of women retain their 'married name', perhaps until they re-marry.
By the way Tina Turner remains Turner despite seeing off the dreadful Ike many years ago.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: January 29, 2018 17:11

RG

Of course not.

Just let her keep her name. It's her right and usual pratice. And she doesn't evoke anything negative to me.

I don't see any similarities to Yoko at all.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 29, 2018 18:05

Elmo Lewis

Is Bianca to blame?

Off course not.

As we all know from The Bible, it wasn't until (praphrasing) "...the beginning of the 80's that Mik became truely unbearable." smoking smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 29, 2018 18:05

Those who criticize Yoko Ono should make themselves a favor and read/see/listen a little of what she did as an artist.

--spoiler alert: the following is a joke--

That said, if it is true that she caused the Beatles to break up, thank god she did so!!

C

Date: January 29, 2018 19:11

Easy to answer..

lucklily NO

video: [www.google.es]

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 29, 2018 19:20

In some ways Anita was the Yoko of Keith.

Date: January 29, 2018 19:51

Yoko, Bianca, Anita - the girl who comes in between the two core members of the band has become so common, that even Spinal Tap worked the clichee into their rock'n roll story.
It's the natural evolution.
I do think that Yoko was particularly annoying to the others because she was physically present 24/7, and also that she was such a terrible vocalist, yet insisted on singing a lot. I think it says something about Paul, George and Ringo, and the power that John wielded, that they couldn't stand up to it.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home