Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: OT: Elton John - Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 23, 2021 19:12

I mentioned on the Stones postponing thread about Elton. I saw him in Vancouver twice in Sept 2019 and each show was identical down to the between song talking. I'm sure the BC Place show will sell out since it's the only one for Western Canada and the US Northwest.
There is a big gap before Vancouver and after so I'm sure he might add a couple more cities. I think he's done 5 or even 6 shows in Toronto already and now another at Skydome. I"m surprised no London shows unless one of those cities is part of London?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 23, 2021 19:17

Yeah, I assume Elton has plenty more dates to announce. He had like a full year he postponed/cancelled so he wasn't close to the end yet. I expect he's still making one more trip around the world, and then possibly once more to some of his faves like MSG. I assume he's doing this till the end of 2023.

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: June 23, 2021 19:24

DGA35
I mentioned on the Stones postponing thread about Elton. I saw him in Vancouver twice in Sept 2019 and each show was identical down to the between song talking. I'm sure the BC Place show will sell out since it's the only one for Western Canada and the US Northwest.
There is a big gap before Vancouver and after so I'm sure he might add a couple more cities. I think he's done 5 or even 6 shows in Toronto already and now another at Skydome. I"m surprised no London shows unless one of those cities is part of London?

So it's more like a Broadway show, scripted down to the dialog - lame. Or, more accurately a Vegas show. He should just stick to Vegas, it's just a Vegas show touring around, not a rock n roll concert. How lame...

Date: June 23, 2021 19:24

Actually I see the twitter announcement says his last ever shows in Europe and North America so I guess the Dodger Stadium shows won't be his last! I guess 2023 will see Asia/Australia/NZ and perhaps South America.

OT: Elton John - Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2021 22:10

From today's video announcement: "To all my friends down under, we'll be seeing you too."

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 23, 2021 23:22

> GA > DC > TX > TN > BC > TX >

That's some tour routing. I guess he really wanted to play Vancouver again since his partner and family are from Kelowna BC, a few hours away, but that's a lot of extra mileage for one (albeit large) show.

Date: June 23, 2021 23:36

mosthigh

That's some tour routing. I guess he really wanted to play Vancouver again since his partner and family are from Kelowna BC, a few hours away, but that's a lot of extra mileage for one (albeit large) show.

There is that big 19 day gap between TN and Vancouver. Perhaps Denver show? I just bought 2 tix for BC Place, bought upper bowl for $90 each including service fees. I figured unless you're up front closer to the stage, you'll be watching the jumbo screens anyway so rather than pay over $200 for a seat right below in the lower bowl, I'll save the money.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: June 24, 2021 00:11

DGA35
mosthigh

There is that big 19 day gap between TN and Vancouver. Perhaps Denver show? I just bought 2 tix for BC Place, bought upper bowl for $90 each including service fees. I figured unless you're up front closer to the stage, you'll be watching the jumbo screens anyway so rather than pay over $200 for a seat right below in the lower bowl, I'll save the money.

Wow. Even the first 5 rows of the uppers are almost $3000 'platinum' seats, then $90 seats. I'll just wait a year and a half and get tix day of show, likely at a discount.

Date: June 24, 2021 01:49

JN99
DGA35

So it's more like a Broadway show, scripted down to the dialog - lame. Or, more accurately a Vegas show. He should just stick to Vegas, it's just a Vegas show touring around, not a rock n roll concert. How lame...

Actually when I told a friend of mine about the two shows being identical, she said almost like a broadway play! At one point, the side camera zooms in on drummer Nigel Olson and he looks over and has a surprised look on his face on the big screen. Second night, same part of the same song, identical response!

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: June 27, 2021 14:23

Well I thought it would be fun to try to see about tickets for final shows in UK. 320gbp plus. . Just for an ordinary ticket. I paid 225 gbp for stones in 2018 and this was VIP.
Initial thought is it makes stones look good value.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: June 27, 2021 17:47

My first concert was Elton in an arena in 1975. I believe the ticket was $6.00. Maybe $7.50 tops. I remember my friends & I were shocked that Led Zeppelin dared to charge $10.00 in 1977, haha. The next "expensive" show I saw was ELP on the Works tour. They justified $10.00 because of the cost of hauling around an orchestra. By the time the tour hit Seattle, they had ditched the orchestra & were trying to recoup all the money they lost on the beginning of the tour. They did have a pre-pop Journey open though. I'd seen Journey open for the real Lynyrd Skynyrd & they were an excellent band band back then. I don't mind the later Journey but they were decidedly more rock before Steve Perry joined.

Re: OT: Elton John Announces Retirement Tour
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 28, 2021 20:50

hbwriter
worse than motley crue

That’s a pretty low bar you set there.

Date: July 3, 2021 03:06

mosthigh
DGA35
mosthigh

Wow. Even the first 5 rows of the uppers are almost $3000 'platinum' seats, then $90 seats. I'll just wait a year and a half and get tix day of show, likely at a discount.

Well the BC Place show is pretty much sold out now, apart from single tickets in several sections and some fan club seating. Financially the best thing Elton ever did was announce this as a farewell tour even if it's going to stretch 5 years.

Re: OT: Elton John
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 1, 2021 22:20

Slightly OT:

New Album by Elton John (22-Oct-2021):

"The last thing I expected to do during lockdown was make an album but here it is. Thank you to everyone who came together to make it happen."

[Twitter.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 1, 2021 23:41

Elton's hair looks almost real now...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 3, 2021 11:23

BST Hyde Park just announced Elton will be the headliner on Friday June 24th 2022.

Re: OT: Elton John
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 13:20

Irix
Slightly OT:

New Album by Elton John (22-Oct-2021):

"The last thing I expected to do during lockdown was make an album but here it is. Thank you to everyone who came together to make it happen."

[Twitter.com]

Technology appears to have no limits grinning smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: September 3, 2021 15:24

Elton is great. Have tickets for 2022 again.

Date: September 16, 2021 15:14

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: January 21, 2022 03:15

The bitch is back!

Elton performs in New Orleans

Did anyone here go to the show? If so, would love to hear how it was. Was the audience all masked up?

Drew

Date: January 21, 2022 09:07

how are the sales going? Can't imagine he will sell out 70k+ stadiums ?

Date: January 21, 2022 12:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Well, this article and this article both say the New Orleans show was sold out. The venue (Smoothie King Center) has a seating capacity of 17,805 for concerts.

Pretty impressive given that COVID is still rampant!

Drew

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 21, 2022 20:28

drewmaster
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Well, this article and this article both say the New Orleans show was sold out. The venue (Smoothie King Center) has a seating capacity of 17,805 for concerts.

Drew

Vancouver is pretty close to sold out, from the looks of it. Lots of re-sellers.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 22, 2022 16:09

I saw on setlist.fm that he did "Have Mercy on the Criminal" in New Orleans. There's a really good kind of obscure one!

Date: January 25, 2022 19:23

Dallas shows scheduled for 1/25 and 1/26 postponed:

Elton John Shows at AAC Postponed After Singer Tests Positive for COVID-19

[www.nbcdfw.com]

Date: January 25, 2022 19:58

bye bye johnny
Dallas shows scheduled for 1/25 and 1/26 postponed:

Elton John Shows at AAC Postponed After Singer Tests Positive for COVID-19

[www.nbcdfw.com]

Ooof. Hope you feel better soon, Sir Elton.

Drew

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: January 25, 2022 23:41

Luckily his symptoms are mild, and hopefully it stays that way!!

In order for this tour to go on, hopefully he has backup musicians on hand. Obviously the show cannot go on without Elton, but I don't think the whole operation should grind to a halt if one of the backup singers tests positive. We've reach a point in the pandemic where constant testing is no longer necessary, and people should only be tested if they're sick.

Date: February 4, 2022 21:49

Elton John Tops Pollstar's Debut Artist Power Index Combining Ticket Sales, Streaming, Airplay & Social Media

Friday, 2/04/2022
By: Pollstar Staff

New Orleans, Jan. 19, 2022 (Erika Goldring/Getty Images)

[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2022 07:36

drewmaster
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Drew

Saints games.

New Orleans... so many places are ignoring the mask deal. People are fed up.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: February 6, 2022 16:13

Sir Elton put on a great show in Chicago last night for a full capacity crowd of 18,000 at the United Center, a favorite venue of mine to see the Stones. About 2 hours and 15 minutes of old hits that he rearranged with new life.

The set list included a rendition of his live singing with the recorded vocals of Dua Lipa of their duet. I will be at her (Dua Lipa) United Center concert in 10 days, taking my 14 year old daughter and her friends. She goes to my shows, including 2021 Stones and danced through last nights Elton’s entire show, and I go to her picks.

Elton does not move much from his piano bench and looks very stiff when he does. But he puts on a sparkly, energetic show of great music. 6 member excellent backing band though John performed Candle in the Wind solo, just to show it is still him singing and playing. Not one bum or off key note the whole show.

I highly recommend going to see Elton John.

Upcoming United Center shows for me include the Eagles, John Mayer, Killers, Rodger Waters, Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa. You can guess which one are my daughters picks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home