Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: OT: Elton John Announces Retirement Tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 31, 2018 20:57

Hairball
Tuna44
I just got tickets for the first night show in Philadelphia, PA. Sitting upstairs, fourth row, side stage even with the front of the stage, and the tickets only cost me $55.00 before fees. In this day in age for big acts like this, that's a steal!! Look at U2, The Eagles, The Stones, Adele. You won't be finding any non-obstructive seats in the upper bowls for their shows for $55.00. I'm really looking forward to this!

This will be my plan - go for some cheapies if possible.
For an Elton John show, it's more about the music than being close to his piano.

I don't know if you plan to see him at Staples, but the sound in the nosebleeds is Horrible. You are better off going to Vegas and seeing him in the cheapest seats at Caesars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-31 20:58 by BluzDude.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 31, 2018 21:29

BluzDude
Hairball
Tuna44
I just got tickets for the first night show in Philadelphia, PA. Sitting upstairs, fourth row, side stage even with the front of the stage, and the tickets only cost me $55.00 before fees. In this day in age for big acts like this, that's a steal!! Look at U2, The Eagles, The Stones, Adele. You won't be finding any non-obstructive seats in the upper bowls for their shows for $55.00. I'm really looking forward to this!

For an Elton John show, it's more about the music than being close to his piano.

I don't know if you plan to see him at Staples, but the sound in the nosebleeds is Horrible. You are better off going to Vegas and seeing him in the cheapest seats at Caesars.

Rather than cheapies at Staples, might go for some mediocres. winking smiley
Having seen him a couple of times already in the last decade, there's not much urgency in seeing him again, but it would be nice to bid him farewell.
My wife and I will be in Vegas at the end of February and also the end of April, so will check out what's available and if it coincides with our itinerary. thumbs up

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 1, 2018 18:35

BluzDude
Hairball
Tuna44

Behind the stage close behind his piano could easily be had for a low price during the Amex sale.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 2, 2018 21:21

Addios Muchachos,Au weideisen , Bunos noches Seniorita Buenas Nochas bye bye , for you we sing this final song for you there is no hope !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-05 13:23 by TheGreek.

Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: February 2, 2018 22:02

Reasonable face value tickets were gone here in Atlanta in about five minutes.

I suspect the scalping ticket brokers snatched 'em up.

Love to see him one last time, but I saw him twice in his prime (70s & 90s), and I really don't need to spend hundreds of dollars for another show.

Maybe I'll win some on a radio contest or.....something.....

Cheers

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 3, 2018 00:31

Got shut out here in Los Angeles, too - tickets appeared to be gone for both shows in about two minutes (never got past the "There are no tickets available that meet your request" message).

Perhaps I'll explore the secondary market sometime during the intervening year.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:34

Jah Paul
Got shut out here in Los Angeles, too - tickets appeared to be gone for both shows in about two minutes (never got past the "There are no tickets available that meet your request" message).

Yup, got in at shortly after 10AM, only had nosebleeds, which at Staples is a total Faggetaboutit!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: February 3, 2018 01:51

Never seen Elton before. We will see him on October 23, 2018 at the KFC Yum Center in Louisville, Kentucky. This is a beautiful arena for rock concerts.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 3, 2018 04:13

BluzDude
Jah Paul

Yup, got in at shortly after 10AM, only had nosebleeds, which at Staples is a total Faggetaboutit!

You both did better than me just by the fact that you tried as I completely forgot that tickets went on sale this morning!
More shows to be added:

Elton John Sells Out First 60 Shows Of Retirement Tour,

The initial batch of tickets for the North American leg went on sale today, February 2, and were snapped up at once.
More dates will now be added to the three-year Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour announced on January 24 in New York.

“We are working closely with AEG to make sure more cities and additional concerts in sold out markets are added in North America wherever and whenever possible," Sir Elton said in an e-mailed statement

Date: February 3, 2018 07:01

Hairball
BluzDude
Jah Paul

You both did better than me just by the fact that you tried as I completely forgot that tickets went on sale this morning!
More shows to be added:

The initial batch of tickets for the North American leg went on sale today, February 2, and were snapped up at once.
More dates will now be added to the three-year Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour announced on January 24 in New York.

“We are working closely with AEG to make sure more cities and additional concerts in sold out markets are added in North America wherever and whenever possible," Sir Elton said in an e-mailed statement

Initial batch smiling smiley

There was an Amex sale and a verified fan presale in front of this initial batch and with a few exceptions, availability was wide open during the Amex sale in all price ranges.

I doubt there was much offered at all in the general sale.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 3, 2018 11:31

Hairball
BluzDude
Jah Paul

More shows to be added:

So now perhaps the 3 year farewell tour will stretch to 4-5 years?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2018 15:59

i enjoyed his vegas show. i went same weekend as the stones in 2012. his voice is kind of shot but he has a great band. best part of vegas show was him telling stories between songs. elton was my first concert in 197cough cough. not somebody i listen to a lot now but still like some of his stuff. yellow brick, tumbleweed, madman etc. i'm going to pass on this tour, too much money. i'd rather keep the vegas show i saw as the last impression of him.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:00

DGA35

So now perhaps the 3 year farewell tour will stretch to 4-5 years?

Would imagine that "extra" dates were built into the schedule.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:19

crholmstrom
i enjoyed his vegas show. i went same weekend as the stones in 2012. his voice is kind of shot but he has a great band. best part of vegas show was him telling stories between songs. elton was my first concert in 197cough cough. not somebody i listen to a lot now but still like some of his stuff. yellow brick, tumbleweed, madman etc. i'm going to pass on this tour, too much money. i'd rather keep the vegas show i saw as the last impression of him.
This couldn't be more different from September 99 when I saw him on a 'solo concert tour'. On stage for the entire evening was a piano, piano stool and Elton John. Nothing, or nobody else. All evening was 'play play play, sing sing sing' with barely a mumbled 'good evening' or 'goodbye'. Then it was probably pick up pay cheque, helicopter home and in bed with cup of cocoa before we had walked back to the car park.
His lack of congeniality was palpable, the lack of atmosphere helped to make it the most disappointing concert I have ever been to. I try to be benevolent, he had just had heart surgery, and had his financial problems of course.
Poor chap.........
But don't think I'll be trying for a final show ticket.....

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:46

This is a good move by Elton. It perfectly sets up the "Blasting Out Of Retirement" Tour,
that will precede the 'real' and 'last' "GOODBYE I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME TOUR"
that will set Box Offices ablaze internatinally.
Me? I'm preparing my Bernie Taupin Halloween costumer right now.
That's right. I'm getting 9 month jump on it this year.
I think Elton should have an EXHIBITION kind of deal too.
The Wig Room alone would make so many people so happy!!!
By the time they get to the "Glasses Room" they'll be more than ready for the concfession stand!!
It would be enormously successful if handled correctly.
I have this little archtype already, a tiny fan powered by a small lithium battery, on a base with a candle. Real fire! Extra candles too!
And a tiny speaker cranks out that song.
Three years for this retirement tour; a few for the Comeback,
then the last for real Retirement Goodbye Again Tour, which
will certainly break all records.
He wants to spend more time with his kids, especially now at those very tender ages...
...so hold on kids! Mommy and Daddy will be back for your High School graduation!!
Promise!!

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: February 3, 2018 17:51

When Mick retires, it will because he wants to spend more time with OTHER people's kids. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
And make MORE kids!

Tho if EJ puts "Stray Cat Blues" in his live-set, I'll have to re-think all this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-03 17:54 by hopkins.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 3, 2018 19:27

hopkins
This is a good move by Elton. It perfectly sets up the "Blasting Out Of Retirement" Tour,
that will precede the 'real' and 'last' "GOODBYE I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME TOUR"
that will set Box Offices ablaze internatinally.
Me? I'm preparing my Bernie Taupin Halloween costumer right now.
That's right. I'm getting 9 month jump on it this year.
I think Elton should have an EXHIBITION kind of deal too.
The Wig Room alone would make so many people so happy!!!
By the time they get to the "Glasses Room" they'll be more than ready for the concfession stand!!
It would be enormously successful if handled correctly.
I have this little archtype already, a tiny fan powered by a small lithium battery, on a base with a candle. Real fire! Extra candles too!
And a tiny speaker cranks out that song.
Three years for this retirement tour; a few for the Comeback,
then the last for real Retirement Goodbye Again Tour, which
will certainly break all records.
He wants to spend more time with his kids, especially now at those very tender ages...
...so hold on kids! Mommy and Daddy will be back for your High School graduation!!
Promise!!

Absolutely! What about a Shoe Room?smiling smiley

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 4, 2018 03:19

The Neverending tour, you heard it here first!

Date: February 4, 2018 03:24

Never Ending Tour? Dylan's been there and is still doing that 30 years later...

Date: February 4, 2018 13:18

ycagwywpmd
crholmstrom
This couldn't be more different from September 99 when I saw him on a 'solo concert tour'. On stage for the entire evening was a piano, piano stool and Elton John. Nothing, or nobody else. All evening was 'play play play, sing sing sing' with barely a mumbled 'good evening' or 'goodbye'. Then it was probably pick up pay cheque, helicopter home and in bed with cup of cocoa before we had walked back to the car park.
His lack of congeniality was palpable, the lack of atmosphere helped to make it the most disappointing concert I have ever been to. I try to be benevolent, he had just had heart surgery, and had his financial problems of course.
Poor chap.........

wow what a strange experience you had. I saw him around 2002 and he had a full band and was telling lots of stories. some so long that a fan yelled "just get to the songs" and Elton replied "sorry I've been known to ramble a bit"

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: February 4, 2018 16:00

keefriffhard4life
ycagwywpmd
crholmstrom
Poor chap.........

wow what a strange experience you had. I saw him around 2002 and he had a full band and was telling lots of stories. some so long that a fan yelled "just get to the songs" and Elton replied "sorry I've been known to ramble a bit"

Yes, strange indeed. This was a rescheduled concert, in the grounds of the beautiful Leeds Castle in Kent, the original was cancelled for his heart surgery, in fact it was possibly his first concert after his recovery. I suppose it was commendable he did the concert and not let fans down, but he was certainly lacking any panache, and the fact it was a 'solo concert' didn't do him any favours either. I know his is a different style of rock, the piano being all-important, but give me a good guitar riff any day!
Lots of people were grumbling, 'he just didn't seem to have his heart in it!' and my guess is his dedication to not letting his fans down led him to performing before he was really ready.

I guess we were just unlucky that evening, I hope anyone going to a 'final' concert enjoys the show

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: February 4, 2018 18:12

EJ puts on a fantastic show and is a real showman. I have seen him numerous times. Last time in Vegas he let the first three rows on the stage for Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting. I was up on the stage playing air guitar with Davey Johnstone. At the ed of the song he gave me his pick. Another show EJ signed an autograph for everyone in the first row. I hope the farewell tour goes for many years. I am going to see him in Boston- 4th row in front of piano. Cost me 650 per ticket. Not any different than the Stones and subtle "this could be the last tour"
talk. EJ is great.Period.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 4, 2018 18:28

I hear since his waist line has expanded somewhat in recent years that he has to have his trousers specially made.
Goodbye normal Jeans.....

Date: February 5, 2018 18:29

2 shows at the Forum, Feb 1 & 2, Amex sale at 10am

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 5, 2018 19:14

I had a great experience in 2013 at his show in Macon.

After his regular (and excellent) set, he came back for his encores and signed autographs for several minutes (can't imagine Mick doing this!) before playing Little Richard's "Trutti Frutti" as a tribute (Richard's hometown) and then "Your Song".

Excellent

Re: OT: Elton John - Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour
Date: August 30, 2018 21:46

Elton John Partners With Twickets for 'Farewell Yellow Brick Road' Tour

By Starr Bowenbank | August 30, 2018

Andrew Chin/Getty Images

Elton John has announced on Thursday (Aug. 30) that he will be partnering with Twickets for his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour.

Twickets, a global fan-to-fan ticket marketplace, will provide a regulated space for fans of John to ethically buy or sell their spare tickets. The aim of the partnership is to combat the secondary ticketing market, prevent the exploitation of Elton John fans and to eliminate price mark-up by ensuring that tickets are resold at face value.

The sold out Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour begins in Allentown, PA on Sept. 8, and will make 300 stops around the world before concluding in 2021. Fans that were unable to secure tickets before are now able to purchase tickets directly through the official John and Twickets partnership website, with dates in Los Angeles and Toronto currently available.

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 31, 2018 14:33

hbwriter
too bad he's scamming like this now- just a trick to sell tickets and create urgency - I thought he was better than this - worse than motley crue

Mötley Crüe?! (how dare you forget the umlauts!). There was urgency though, they haven't toured since and nothing suggests that they ever will. Kiss, Scorpions and Ozzy, however, are very much guilty of pulling the retirement tour crap.

Date: August 31, 2018 15:05

FrogSugar
hbwriter
too bad he's scamming like this now- just a trick to sell tickets and create urgency - I thought he was better than this - worse than motley crue

Mötley Crüe?! (how dare you forget the umlauts!). There was urgency though, they haven't toured since and nothing suggests that they ever will. Kiss, Scorpions and Ozzy, however, are very much guilty of pulling the retirement tour crap.

they will never tour again. the crue might play 1 show for some special occasion but we will never see a big long tour from them again

Date: August 31, 2018 15:10

FrogSugar
hbwriter

Add Status Quo and The Who to that group..

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: August 31, 2018 16:56

keefriffhard4life
FrogSugar
hbwriter

they will never tour again. the crue might play 1 show for some special occasion but we will never see a big long tour from them again
Motley Crue is the one band I can see not breaking their word. The hatred between certain members is palpable.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home