Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: OT- Pearl Jam
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 24, 2020 16:15

I'm a Red Sox fan, but I have very little interest in going to Fenway.

It's just a major hassle...I love Boston but the travel dynamics are atrocious. Then you factor in a concert crowd, compared to a sports crowd, and it gets even more chaotic.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: January 26, 2020 19:23

[www.youtube.com]

EDDIE VEDDER : "River Cross" : OHANA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2017

This song is on the new record - Gigaton. Not sure if it will be guitar based or organ?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 23:59

I just listened to "Dance of the Clairvoyants" a few more times

waaaaay too Depeche Mode or Bowie or.....something very 80s.

I like Bowie, but I don't want to hear it in my Pearl Jam....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-27 00:17 by stickyfingers101.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:36

stickyfingers101

I'm not a big fan of this one, but to me (and i think others made mention of it), it sounds totally like Talking Heads

Date: January 27, 2020 17:50

y: LeonidP ()
Date: January 27, 2020 17:36

stickyfingers101

I'm not a big fan of this one, but to me (and i think others made mention of it), it sounds totally like Talking Heads

Yes I like the guitars, sounds like RHCP which is a good thing - John Frusciante riff and sustain.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 27, 2020 23:24

LeonidP
stickyfingers101

Wasn't sure first listen but love it now - talking heads/80s good ref point with the keyboard shoved to front. Good for them doing something different. Looking forward to summer tour

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 28, 2020 01:02

keefriff99
I'm a Red Sox fan, but I have very little interest in going to Fenway.

It's just a major hassle...I love Boston but the travel dynamics are atrocious. Then you factor in a concert crowd, compared to a sports crowd, and it gets even more chaotic.

Yup. Totally agree. Also the sight lines are terrible. If you are on the field and not in the 1st 20 rows or so, its difficult to see. If you are anywhere in the stands then it feels like you are far away like in a stadium. Do not like the venue for concerts.

Im headed to Baltimore in march, its a small arena. Prefer seeing PJ in smaller venues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-28 01:06 by Mr. Jimi.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 28, 2020 01:58

...After almost 7 yours, they are finally coming back to L.A. ....but I'll miss them because I'll be in Europe in April, and unlike the Stones, I won't travel many miles to see them.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: January 28, 2020 02:08

I saw Pearl Jam open for the Stones once here in the Bay Area and I thought they were awful.....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 28, 2020 07:08

Woz
I saw Pearl Jam open for the Stones once here in the Bay Area and I thought they were awful.....

Ten or Vs front to back are pretty god damn incredible. But I get that they aren't anyone's cup of tea. Also, as an opener I wouldn't think they'd work. I like Kanye, but I didn't like him opening for the Stones. I'm there for the Stones.

Date: February 14, 2020 19:18

[www.youtube.com]

Pearl Jam - Superblood Wolfmoon (Snippet) from Gigaton

Date: February 14, 2020 19:52

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

I like the guitar (I think)...but, I sure hope it has more lyrics...this just says the same thing like 50 times in 1 minute.

pretty lame "teaser"

I'll wait for the full track to pass full judgement...and I'm definitely waiting to sample the whole album before buying any of it. "Dance" is weak and this is unimpressive for what is there.

also skipping this tour...dates/locations don't work and I'm not travelling to see PJ anymore.

Stones...yes...PJ no.

of course, I'm broke, so I might not be able to catch this Stones tour either.

Maybe I'll play the lottery (aka the tax for people bad at math)

Date: February 14, 2020 20:23

y: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 19:52

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

I like the guitar (I think)...but, I sure hope it has more lyrics...this just says the same thing like 50 times in 1 minute.

pretty lame "teaser"

I'll wait for the full track to pass full judgement...and I'm definitely waiting to sample the whole album before buying any of it. "Dance" is weak and this is unimpressive for what is there.

also skipping this tour...dates/locations don't work and I'm not travelling to see PJ anymore.

Stones...yes...PJ no.

of course, I'm broke, so I might not be able to catch this Stones tour either.

Maybe I'll play the lottery (aka the tax for people bad at math)

Yeah pretty lame teaser - At least it has power chords the opening F#, To A to B back to A to G# back to F# - good fast groove.

Date: February 18, 2020 18:47

[www.youtube.com]

Superblood Wolfmoon PJ

I like the song all the power chords and the helter skelter solo by Mike.

Date: February 18, 2020 19:14

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Superblood Wolfmoon PJ

Very enjoyable song!

Date: February 18, 2020 19:43

I like the new sounds. Pjam did great in my book for those first albums. Maybe the first four. then started to get tiresome. But like the new stuff.

I'd never judge anyone on a Stones opening gig. On paper it must be a great gig. In reality it is the worst.
The Neville Bros were great one time, because a) they are awesome, and b) they were in their hometown, and c) the Stones like them too.
And then one time I saw No Doubt open for them. And I have to say - that band made it happen. They refused to let bad sound, half empty seats still, no light-show whatsoever, bring them down. Gwen and the boys huddled together on a huge stage, and did their set. By the end of the night I had to ask myself who really had been the better band that night.

Posted by: Stones726 ()
Date: February 18, 2020 20:04

Woz

I went to both shows where they opened- totally disagree, they rocked and I've been a big fan ever since (BTB Tour)

Date: February 18, 2020 20:09

T- Pearl Jam new
Date: February 18, 2020 19:14

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Superblood Wolfmoon PJ

Very enjoyable song!

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Re: OT- Pearl Jam new
Posted by: Palace Revolution 2000 ()
Date: February 18, 2020 19:43

I like the new sounds. Pjam did great in my book for those first albums. Maybe the first four. then started to get tiresome. But like the new stuff.

I'd never judge anyone on a Stones opening gig. On paper it must be a great gig. In reality it is the worst.
The Neville Bros were great one time, because a) they are awesome, and b) they were in their hometown, and c) the Stones like them too.
And then one time I saw No Doubt open for them. And I have to say - that band made it happen. They refused to let bad sound, half empty seats still, no light-show whatsoever, bring them down. Gwen and the boys huddled together on a huge stage, and did their set. By the end of the night I had to ask myself who really had been the better band that night.

I love the bass line - I listen to grunge and alternative music more as I get older and just love PJ's body of work - they only have 11 studio records with Gigaton.

Date: February 18, 2020 21:46

Just listened to full version of Superblood Wolfmoon.

I can see it being a good rocker live....

I like it for the energy it brings.

Date: March 10, 2020 11:23

US dates postponed due to Coronavirus

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: March 10, 2020 17:56

I never understood the fuss about this band, I find them boring as hell.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 10, 2020 18:24

Woz-They are just as bland live. Saw them 3 times because of a past girlfriend. Not a bad band, just not worth the hype.

Date: March 10, 2020 18:28

[apple.news] - Gigaton Album review.

PJ for me is not boring, great lyrics, vocals, and those guitars and how Mike and Stone use different guitar voicings within the songs- Its not just power chords.

Date: March 11, 2020 00:35

OpenG
[apple.news] - Gigaton Album review.

PJ for me is not boring, great lyrics, vocals, and those guitars and how Mike and Stone use different guitar voicings within the songs- Its not just power chords.

yep. 2nd favourite band.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: March 12, 2020 03:30

Stones726
Woz

I went to both shows where they opened- totally disagree, they rocked and I've been a big fan ever since (BTB Tour)

Thats to bad you think they sucked. I have seen them 55 times and yes a few shows were sluggish but i still think they rocked. Im a fan so well you can see my perspective. Different strokes for different folks.

Those shows were in 1997. I recently listened to the bootlegs from each show. I love those shows. Even though they were about to release their album, Yield, and played many songs from it they mixed it up pretty good. Again, i was not there, but my favorite moment, from a bootleg DVD is Ed doing a baseball slide and all in one motion standing before the mic singing Brain of Jfk. I used to do that when i was like 8. Ah youth!

I grew up with PJ. I was in college when they broke. Have followed them ever since. Its fun because they play different set lists every night. For us gen xers, its our music, our band. Stones are my favs but PJ is a close 2nd. Always looked at the stones as rock stars and Pj, well, not so much. Maybe thats part of the attraction. The cliche soundtrack of my life is true for me with Pearl Jam. Ha

Date: March 27, 2020 18:29

[www.youtube.com]
Pearl Jam - Seven O'Clock

Been listening to the new album all morning.great record with grunge in your face and songs with space and not in your face with great lyrics and vocals.

I already learned one song on guitar - Quick Escape sounds sort of like Rage Against The Machine which is good.

[www.youtube.com]
Retrograde by favorite so far today probably will change.

Date: March 27, 2020 18:42

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

Been listening to the new album all morning.great record with grunge in your face and songs with space and not in your face with great lyrics and vocals.

I already learned one song on guitar - Quick Escape sounds sort of like Rage Against The Machine which is good.

[www.youtube.com]

yep it's increased my working from home enjoyment today no end - i really like it

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2020 19:05

pretty good record, at least half good. I haven't been a fan of their studio work aside from a song here & there for a long time. still a potent live act though.

Date: March 27, 2020 19:22

Date: March 27, 2020 18:42

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

yep it's increased my working from home enjoyment today no end - i really like it

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2020 19:05

pretty good record, at least half good. I haven't been a fan of their studio work aside from a song here & there for a long time. still a potent live act though

Yes great new music to listen to when we all are locked down to some degree.I
hope you are well in Seattle here in Portland the cases are slowly rising as more tests are completed. I actually like PJ's last three records a lot, Avocado,BackSpacer and Lighting Bolt whatever moves you as we all have our own tastes for good music.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 10, 2020 19:05

Pearl Jam is postponing their Euro tour until June/July next year.

NO refunds offered at this time.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home