Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT- Pearl Jam
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: October 25, 2019 23:08

T- Pearl Jam
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: October 25, 2019 19:22

Never a listener of this group, their songs and singer just never appealed. I am curious as to why they have their own satellite radio channel.

[www.youtube.com]

Pearl Jam - Live At The Gorge - Sept 1 2005 (Full album)

It took me some time to get PJ and digest PJ body of work. If you want to listen to PJ live get Live at The Gorge - its 7 CD's - fantastic live shows from 2005/2006 - the band is rockin and EV vocals are some of his best.

My Fav albums are PJ's last three released - Self Entitled PJ 2006, Backspacer 2009 and Lighting Bolt from 2013.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 26, 2019 01:37

tommycharles
yorkshirestone
rumours of more european dates next summer - hope this comes off. They seem to like summers in Europe, whilst just adding a couple of massive baseball gigs in the US afterwards

The last proper US arena tour was in 2014... I know we’ve had a handful of stadium gigs since, but it almost always requires lengthy traveling to the gig, unless you live in a particularly lucky US city.

I get it if they’re not interested in 40 shows in 8 weeks or whatever anymore, but even a _slight_ increase in the number of US shows would be extremely welcome.

know what you mean - they have a far more leisurely touring pace than the Stones with dates per year at the moment

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: October 26, 2019 06:39

I saw them open for the Stones in '97, as well as a short set at a Bridge benefit. They put on a decent show. Eddie is a good frontman.

Date: January 13, 2020 23:39

PJ new album and tour 2020. No North West Dates.

[ew.com]

earl Jam 2020 Tour Dates:
03/18 – Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena
03/20 – Ottawa, ON @ Canadian Tire Centre
03/22 – Quebec City, QC @ Videotron Centre
03/24 – Hamilton, ON @ FirstOntario Centre
03/28 – Baltimore, MD @ Royal Farms Arena
03/30 – New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
04/02 – Nashville, TN @ Bridgestone Arena
04/04 – St. Louis, MO @ Enterprise Center
04/06 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake Energy Arena
04/09 – Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
04/11 – Phoenix, AZ @ Gila River Arena
04/13 – San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
04/15 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
04/16 – Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
04/18 – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
04/19 – Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena
06/23 – Frankfurt, DE @ Festhalle ^
06/25 – Berlin, DE @ Waldbühne ^
06/27 – Stockholm, SE @ Lollapalooza Stockholm
06/29 – Copehagen, DK @ Royal Arena ^
07/02 – Werchter, BE @ Rock Werchter
07/05 – Imola, IT @ Autodromo Internazionale *
07/07 – Vienna, AT @ Wiener Stadthalle #
07/10 – London, UK @ BST Hyde Park *#
07/13 – Krakow, PL @ Tauron Arena #
07/15 – Budapest, HU @ Budapest Arena #
07/17 – Zurich, CH @ Hallenstadion #
07/19 – Paris, FR @ Lollapalooza Paris
07/22 – Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome #
07/23 – Amsterdam, NL @ Ziggo Dome #

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: January 14, 2020 02:35

Yup, new album, finally.
tour of america 1st leg, 2nd leg europe this summer, 3rd leg rumored back to america. Trying to cash in on some built up marital capital and convince my wife so i can go to at least 3 shows. We'll see. Been seeing this band since 1994, and its always a great joy to bare witness to a great pearl jam arena show. Last few shows in the states have been in baseball stadiums, just awful . . .

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 14, 2020 04:03

Mr. Jimi
Yup, new album, finally.
tour of america 1st leg, 2nd leg europe this summer, 3rd leg rumored back to america. Trying to cash in on some built up marital capital and convince my wife so i can go to at least 3 shows. We'll see. Been seeing this band since 1994, and its always a great joy to bare witness to a great pearl jam arena show. Last few shows in the states have been in baseball stadiums, just awful . . .

i go back to seeing them in Seattle when they first started playing & their first NYC show. several times since then of course but it had been awhile when i went to night 2 of the last seattle shows in the baseball stadium. not a good venue for sound but they figured it out. show was fantastic to the point if that's the last time i see them, i'm ok with it. would be hard to top that one despite the venue.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: January 14, 2020 14:13

Long awaited album and US arena tour. Living in the uk I’ve opted for a krakow and Budapest double header of arena shows rather than Hyde park/bst. Looking forward to the new album and summer shows - just need a stones London date tacking on to end of the tour and Bruce to swing back round now ;-)

Date: January 14, 2020 16:19

St Louis! And on a Saturday!

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: January 14, 2020 16:33

Damn, MSG on a Monday...I think I'm going to have to skip that and hope that if they come back to America for another leg, they play something a little more convenient for me.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 14, 2020 17:06

keefriff99
Damn, MSG on a Monday...I think I'm going to have to skip that and hope that if they come back to America for another leg, they play something a little more convenient for me.

I'm trying like hell for that show, but honestly you skipping it will save you a lot of headache. 1 show, at MSG, the only show in the immediate area besides Maryland. That show is gonna be a nightmare to buy tickets. Between 10 club and then verified fan I expect there to be 10 tickets available for the general onsale. I asked my Livenation friend if he could do anything and he said to try the traditional way then come back to him because what they have allotted for that show is extremely limited. I'd love to take my dad to finally see Pearl Jam, but not sure with such a hot ticket show to save it for next time and just hope for one here or try for two and likely get shut out.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 14, 2020 18:46

stickyfingers101
..."Rearviewmirror" is a Top Ten All Time Tune.....Top 3 if you are just out of a bad relationship.

Agree, it's such a great song!

I don't get the bashing by some, they have so many great tunes
... Not For You, Dissident, Alive, Even Flow, Corduroy, Satan's Bed, No Way

I can't even think of all of them, the list goes on. Still, I think Rearviewmirror does top them all!

Date: January 14, 2020 18:51

I'd argue its hard to say Ten, Vs. and Yield in full are not flawless. I really can't think of a bad tune on them. No Code and Vitalogy are just as good, but I can see why some of it isn't most people's bag. There's like 3 songs if I remember correct on Vitalogy that is filler, and maybe one or two on No Code. But otherwise, those 5 records are incredibly solid. Like you say, an endless amount of great tunes: Black, Release, Once, Animal, Go, Blood, In Hiding, the list goes on and on.

Date: January 14, 2020 20:42

- Pearl Jam new
Date: January 14, 2020 18:51

I'd argue its hard to say Ten, Vs. and Yield in full are not flawless. I really can't think of a bad tune on them. No Code and Vitalogy are just as good, but I can see why some of it isn't most people's bag. There's like 3 songs if I remember correct on Vitalogy that is filler, and maybe one or two on No Code. But otherwise, those 5 records are incredibly solid. Like you say, an endless amount of great tunes: Black, Release, Once, Animal, Go, Blood, In Hiding, the list goes on and on

Yes you are correct about Vitalogy and No Code with some filler. I listen to the last three albums the most - Self Entiled PJ from 2006, Backspacer 2009 and Thunder Bolt 2013 - No fillers except wasted Reprise on PJ from 2006 which only lasts .53 seconds but its a good instrumental by Stone. you can listen from Beg To End with out shipping a tune for the last 3 records.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 15, 2020 15:19

BACKSPACER was excellent. LIGHTNING BOLT was above tepid.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 15, 2020 15:37

keefriff99

yup. Same w/ me. Lame showing in the Northeast.

I think they'll add more dates or come back later.

Hartford crowd is always top-notch.

"Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" was great last time they played there.

See you there!

Date: January 15, 2020 15:38

LeonidP
stickyfingers101
..."Rearviewmirror" is a Top Ten All Time Tune.....Top 3 if you are just out of a bad relationship.

I can't even think of all of them, the list goes on. Still, I think Rearviewmirror does top them all!

Do the Evolution is epic live. Studio version does it no justice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-15 15:39 by stickyfingers101.

Date: January 15, 2020 16:28

stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101

Yes! Love that song, but to me, the studio version is EPIC!

Date: January 15, 2020 17:21

LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101

The studio is good, no doubt...but it's sorta like their "Midnight Rambler" for me...the band just seems to really lean-in when they play it live.

Date: January 15, 2020 17:58

stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101

The studio is good, no doubt...but it's sorta like their "Midnight Rambler" for me...the band just seems to really lean-in when they play it live.

I love when the "choir" part kicks in ("ooohhhh"). Do they do that live too?

Date: January 15, 2020 18:06

This is my favotite PJ album to listen to from start to finish. First 8 songs are loud and grunge except for parachutes.

Pearl Jam

3:54
Life Wasted

3:29
World Wide Suicide

2:19
Comatose

4:30
Severed Hand

4:23
Marker in the Sand

3:36
Parachutes

3:04
Unemployable

2:58
Big Wave

4:09
Gone

0:53
Wasted Reprise

3:45
Army Reserve

5:29
Come Back

7:08
Inside Job

Date: January 22, 2020 20:45

[www.youtube.com]

Pearl Jam is back. New single "Dance of the Clairvoyants"

I love the lyrics and Eddie's vocals but its back to the 80's sounds like Talking Heads, and not the grunge sound I was hoping for. I wonder if Matt Cameron had a hand in this song.

Date: January 23, 2020 16:49

LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101

Oh yeah they do...."I'm a thief...and I'm a liar...this is my church I sing in the choir!!!"

Crowd kicks in: "Hall-eeeeee-luuuuu-jah"

always an epic one live.

Watch the MSG Version in 2003....the crowd is going so bonkers the stage starts to bounce up and down.

Ed actually sings "I'm a thief, and I'm a liar....this stage is bouncin'...sing like a choir!!"

he talks about it after the song....

Date: January 23, 2020 17:14

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

I love the lyrics and Eddie's vocals but its back to the 80's sounds like Talking Heads, and not the grunge sound I was hoping for. I wonder if Matt Cameron had a hand in this song.
This is a unique song by their standards, but I dig it.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:30

I think I dig it too. And I am not a huge fan by any means.

Undercover1

Date: January 23, 2020 17:58

- Pearl Jam new
Date: January 23, 2020 17:14

OpenG
[www.youtube.com]

This is a unique song by their standards, but I dig it.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Re: OT- Pearl Jam new
Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 17:30

I think I dig it too. And I am not a huge fan by any means.

Undercover1

Yes I agree you have to give them credit for tying something different the more I listen to the guitars it sounds like the RHCP vibe.

Date: January 23, 2020 22:58

: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 16:49

LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101
LeonidP
stickyfingers101

Oh yeah they do...."I'm a thief...and I'm a liar...this is my church I sing in the choir!!!"

Crowd kicks in: "Hall-eeeeee-luuuuu-jah"

always an epic one live.

Watch the MSG Version in 2003....the crowd is going so bonkers the stage starts to bounce up and down.

Ed actually sings "I'm a thief, and I'm a liar....this stage is bouncin'...sing like a choir!!"

he talks about it after the song....

I love the studio version of Do The Evolution - Jack Irons drumming is so good on the song and fantastic on the whole record Yield. I know most think Dave A was the best fit for PJ, they had I think 5 drummers, Matt Cameron plays sometimes like he is still in Soundgarden.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: January 24, 2020 05:29

stickyfingers101
keefriff99

See you there!

They are playing some US stadium dates in the late summer. Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, and Citi Field and Seattle are likely.

Date: January 24, 2020 15:25

TornAndFried
stickyfingers101
keefriff99

See you there!

They are playing some US stadium dates in the late summer. Fenway Park, Wrigley Field, and Citi Field and Seattle are likely.

Ugh...I'm sick of the Baseball Stadium thing...I can't speak to all of them, but Fenway is a lousy place to see a show, IMO. Acoustics aren't very good and there is a total lack of intimacy w/ the layout.

there's so many other good/better places to play in the Northeast.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 24, 2020 15:46

stickyfingers101
TornAndFried
stickyfingers101
keefriff99

See you there!

Ugh...I'm sick of the Baseball Stadium thing...I can't speak to all of them, but Fenway is a lousy place to see a show, IMO. Acoustics aren't very good and there is a total lack of intimacy w/ the layout.

totally agree stickyfingers101. t mobile park in seattle is terrible for concerts. bad sound, bad sight lines, storm trooper ushers on power trips & living in a giant t mobile commercial. the football stadium one block away is far superior in all aspects. tom petty played t mobile a few weeks before he died. sadly, the sound was terrible. they actually professionally filmed it & there are no plans to release. indicates how bad it was. that being said, pearl jam were great there. i don't think i'm going to spend $100+ to go see them there again though.

Date: January 24, 2020 16:07

crholmstrom
stickyfingers101
TornAndFried
stickyfingers101
keefriff99

See you there!

totally agree stickyfingers101. t mobile park in seattle is terrible for concerts. bad sound, bad sight lines, storm trooper ushers on power trips & living in a giant t mobile commercial. the football stadium one block away is far superior in all aspects. tom petty played t mobile a few weeks before he died. sadly, the sound was terrible. they actually professionally filmed it & there are no plans to release. indicates how bad it was. that being said, pearl jam were great there. i don't think i'm going to spend $100+ to go see them there again though.

Nope...me neither for Fenway.

I think Ed likes hanging out w/ the owners/execs/players of sports-teams these days. He gave a shout out to ______ (owner of Red Sox) and/or some other doof executive (I want to say Theo Epstein, but I think he's w/ the Cubs) for "allowing them to play" the Fenway concert (as if the owner doesn't make money from it)....

I found it very odd, seeing as Ed likes to portray himself as a Man of the People or whatever.

I'm out for this go-around on the tour. The dates are lame for my region.

That being said, the new tune is "pretty good"...not great.

we'll see.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home