Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: King Of The Frontman ???
Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: January 22, 2018 19:09

Redhotcarpet
Brian Jones 1966
Kurt Cobain
Mick Jagger 1971-1976
Jim
Iggy
David
Paul Stanley 1973-1977
Hendrix 1966-1970
Prince

The Jones cult is so silly that now someone finds a way to say he was a frontman. Haha.

I considered Jagger at his best long before 1971-76. I think 69 was his best. That was when he understood less is sometimes more. IMO there has never been a frontman was good as Jagger was in Gimmie Shelter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 19:10 by stanlove.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 22, 2018 19:16

Im not part of any cult I watch clips from 1966 and 1965 and it's obvious who the star is. You're blind. And Jagger was like Jim Morrisons little 16 year old cousin in 1969. 1972 is so much better.

Date: January 22, 2018 19:34

Redhotcarpet
Im not part of any cult I watch clips from 1966 and 1965 and it's obvious who the star is. You're blind. And Jagger was like Jim Morrisons little 16 year old cousin in 1969. 1972 is so much better.

Brian never was a frontman, though. A different occupation than merely playing and looking cool (which he indeed did).

Date: January 22, 2018 19:45

Redhotcarpet

If you think that it was obvious that Jones was the star in 1966 then you must be part of the Jones cult. Jagger was already the highlight. When I read youtube comments I am amazed that what people in the Jones cult try to push. Him being a frontman is just one more example. That Jones the theory that the Stones died with Jones and it was his band up until 69.

he started a band that happened to have Jagger and Richards in it. Lucky guy.

He moved more in 72 but was less interesting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-22 19:48 by stanlove.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 22, 2018 20:31

Redhotcarpet
And Bono. Sorry but he is.

Yeah Sonny Bono was quite the front man winking smiley...along with one of the best looking front woman of course.

As for Bono fronting U2, I only saw them once at US Festival 83 and have to say they put on a great show. At one point he started climbing up the stage scaffolding like a monkey without any safety harness, etc. - quite the spectacle! Nowadays though, doesn't he just do alot of preaching? Can't imagine him being the same as he was back when they truly mattered in the early-mid '80's.

Date: January 22, 2018 23:21

stanlove
Redhotcarpet

If you think that it was obvious that Jones was the star in 1966 then you must be part of the Jones cult. Jagger was already the highlight. When I read youtube comments I am amazed that what people in the Jones cult try to push. Him being a frontman is just one more example. That Jones the theory that the Stones died with Jones and it was his band up until 69.

Nah youre just being ignorant.

Posted by: Boognish ()
Date: January 22, 2018 23:35

How about enjoying each frontman for what they offer us rather than declaring one "the king"? It's so silly. Are we in high school?

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: January 23, 2018 01:33

Silly subject There is Mick Jagger then everyone else.... simple

Janis Joplin ? #metoo

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 23, 2018 02:24

King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
Not saying this myself, but he was bigger than anybody since Elvis.

Date: January 23, 2018 03:50

Redhotcarpet
stanlove
Redhotcarpet

No you are just being part of the Jones cult..

Jones a great frontman..Haha.

A guy doesn't even sing but is a frontman. And he calls someone else ignorant.

Please point me to the videos where Jones if the frontman. This should be good ( funny )

If Jones was a frontman then basically everyone is a frontman.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 03:57 by stanlove.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 23, 2018 04:14

Well Howlin' Wolf was a front man and a back door man .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 23, 2018 05:11

Brian was fun to watch; compelling; I've never seen him live; but tons of TV and tapes as have we all by now...
and I particuarly enjoyed it when he stood right up-front, same as Mick,
(to play harmonica on "I Just Want to Make Love To You.")
I mean he was def exciting; magical, beautiful, other-worldly somehow, and an exquisite musician.
And quite the beautiful far-reaching versatile fascinating little screw-ball, but Mick was always the front for The Stones,
and imo, he still reigns when it comes to visually projecting himself and the beat onstage, compared to anyone.
He sings good too.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 23, 2018 07:25

Rockman

grinning smiley
[instantrimshot.com]

Date: January 23, 2018 11:22

stanlove
Redhotcarpet
stanlove
Redhotcarpet

Please point me to the videos where Jones if the frontman. This should be good ( funny )

This here is an example of the boundaries within the Iorr community. Im not a LARS cult member, just stating a fact. Brian Jones was a focal point, very magnetic and, especially around 1966, the equivalent of a leadsinger.

Date: January 23, 2018 11:48

Redhotcarpet
stanlove
Redhotcarpet
stanlove
Redhotcarpet

This here is an example of the boundaries within the Iorr community. Im not a LARS cult member, just stating a fact. Brian Jones was a focal point, very magnetic and, especially around 1966, the equivalent of a leadsinger.

Not at all. You're stating your opinion. However, you can't invent or make up what a frontman is. The fact is that Brian never was a frontman. There are certain requirements and pre-requisites for that job, that Brian never met.

He was a focal point, charismatic and good-looking, standing at the left on the stage - behind the frontman: Mick.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 23, 2018 12:44

Bono and Howlin' Wolf are two other Larger-Than-Life Cats obviously. People can slag off Bono all day long but he is a great frontman nevertheless.
Chester Burnett's like a 50's version of Liam G, that stillism and charisma only a few cats in history have possessed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 12:47 by MadMax.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 23, 2018 12:52

The answer is obvious: Bruce Springsteen! And I am not necessarily a big BS fan..., but still I have to admit that nobody comes near him, not even our one and only Brenda.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 23, 2018 15:07

Is Angus Young a frontman?

Date: January 23, 2018 17:29

Edit: .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-25 14:42 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: January 23, 2018 19:15

MadMax
Bono and Howlin' Wolf are two other Larger-Than-Life Cats obviously. People can slag off Bono all day long but he is a great frontman nevertheless.
Chester Burnett's like a 50's version of Liam G, that stillism and charisma only a few cats in history have possessed.

I see that too w/ Liam G. I think I mentioned that someone also, about guys w/ charisma to boot, who stand still, and the whole place still won't look away. Jagger has that, but doesn't think he has it anymore. But he does.

PS Just want to add that IMO of course Brian Jones can be called a front-man. For a very brief period of time, I'd say, yes. A Co/Fronter. (That sounds like a very cool 50's automobile)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-23 19:18 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: January 27, 2018 02:54

capsula
Is Angus Young a frontman?

My mind went immediately to YES.
cause well, look at all those films; he's electrified and unstoppable and furiously explosive...

then I realized I hadn't even thought of Brian. Good as he is/was/is etc...

THEN I remembered the 70's when they broke; and OMG did they break.
And thought of course of Bon.
Who was DEF the Front Man....
the two of them up there like that was incredible.
So yes and no I guess.

Certainly these days I think; even with Axl?
I'm still getting used, or NOT getting used, to Malcolm's painful courageous
trail ending. Malcolm, never, of course, the 'front' but always so
real and so rocking.

Mikey the top front man in the top rock and roll band...
there might be a connection there....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 27, 2018 03:12

Rockman

simultaneously? I'd like to have seen him pull that one off.

Posted by: Iggyrichards ()
Date: January 27, 2018 04:57

Mick is in a class all by himself. There are so many good front man to think about. Plant from '70 thru '75 was very good.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: January 27, 2018 08:10

leteyer
Dave Gahan must be in this debate, the man is just top five

Yeah, absolutely. Saw Depeche Mode 10 years ago and he still stands out clearly as the 2nd best I've seen. Saw some recent tour footage and he's still going pretty strong.

#1 has to be that bloke Keith what's-his-name plays with.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 27, 2018 10:59

Meatfloaf

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: January 27, 2018 14:23

ryanpow
Meatfloaf

Meatfloofgrinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 27, 2018 14:38

My one problem with Mick is that too often his vocals are essentially emotionless, like he's always just acting a part rather than speaking from the soul.

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: January 27, 2018 17:28

It's Keith Richards for me , best front man ever, combine that with him being the most charismatic guitarist of all time and what can i say, when he's in the mood he's something else.smoking smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: January 27, 2018 18:40

Where is Jim Morrison in the lists?

Great front man and the best voice in rock along with John Lennon.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 27, 2018 18:56

His Majesty
My one problem with Mick is that too often his vocals are essentially emotionless, like he's always just acting a part rather than speaking from the soul.

Agreed - especially in the last decade.

beachbreak
Where is Jim Morrison in the lists?

Great front man and the best voice in rock along with John Lennon.

Someone had mentioned Jim Morrison previously in this thread.
Coincidentally, I heard a brief snippet of an old interview with Ray Manzarek yesterday on a local radio station, and he was talking about the Doors' live performances.
To paraphrase Ray very loosely: "We didn't just put on a show, it was a one off event each time. Jim would say before each 'event', 'approach this performance as if it's our very last show.
Give it everything as if there's no tomorrow. Make it unique unlike any other. Perform as if this is the last night we ever perform as this is what we'll be remembered for.'"

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2070
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home