Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's L.A. rented home fire in late 70"s.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: January 13, 2018 23:40

Sometimes it seems like Keith's stories are a little bit exaggerated for the sake of good story telling and that is allright. But when it is about escaping from his houses burning down, there is proof that the shit really happened. So what happened in California where Keith rented a house and it went down in flames. He lost "macaber" in it. Any pictures, videos, articles about the incident.
Thank you,
Rockandroll,
Mops

Re: Keith's L.A. rented home fire in late 70"s.
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 14, 2018 04:30

Found this article from the L.A. Times:

Laurel Canyon home burned to the ground during Rolling Stones' Keith Richards stay

And this pic of Keith casually reading while the fire begins to spread. smiling smiley

And this pic of Keith immediately after he battled the blaze and the the fire was extinguished: grinning smiley

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: January 14, 2018 04:53

Keith just sucked in all the smoke 'til the fire was extinguished.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 14, 2018 05:13

wonderboy
Keith just sucked in all the smoke 'til the fire was extinguished.

...then snorted the ashes.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: January 14, 2018 12:15

Hairball

Laurel Canyon home burned to the ground during Rolling Stones' Keith Richards stay

And this pic of Keith casually reading while the fire begins to spread. smiling smiley

And this pic of Keith immediately after he battled the blaze and the the fire was extinguished: grinning smiley

If I'm right, this picture shows Keith in South Salem in Connecticut, last area he lived with Anita and where Scott Cantrell died after a "roulette russe" game. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 14, 2018 13:28

Wasn't there a story of everything burning to the ground except for Keith and his passport, or something like that ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 14, 2018 15:26

ouroux58
Hairball

If I'm right, this picture shows Keith in South Salem in Connecticut, last area he lived with Anita and where Scott Cantrell died after a "roulette russe" game. But perhaps I'm wrong.

You are right - house is on Boway Rd, South Salem which is in New York not Connecticut. Actually Connecticut is literally around the corner from this house (less than a mile away).

Here's the same fireplace:

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: January 14, 2018 18:04

gotdablouse
Wasn't there a story of everything burning to the ground except for Keith and his passport, or something like that ?

‘You Gotta Move’
[g.co]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-14 18:07 by 35love.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 15, 2018 14:59

Is that Barbara's Stones book he is reading??

Date: January 15, 2018 16:33

MadMax
Is that Barbara's Stones book he is reading??

Three columns? Must be a magazine..

Date: January 15, 2018 17:41

Neil Mc Cormick from the Telegraph interviewed Keith few years ago and there is a mention of the Laurel Canyon incident :

And then, out of nowhere, he started telling me a long, funny tale about a house he accidentally burned down in LA in 1978, escaping naked with a woman, not his (then) partner, Anita Pallenberg. It is an outrageous story that hadn’t appeared in print before. When I later researched it, it seemed to be substantially true. I was even taken to the spot in Laurel Canyon where the house had stood. Keith recalled, “everything had burned down, except for one wooden stump of a pillar, and in the bedroom this little portion of a chest of drawers, which had my passport, all my favourite tapes, jewellery, a shooter with five hundred rounds of ammunition. All untouched. And a friend of mine went back the next day when everything else was still too hot to touch, smouldering, and came back with my stuff. So what am I supposed to gather from my life? That I’m blessed? Should I count on it?”

I don't think Keith mentions it in his book Life. What a life it is when burning down a rented mansion is not even a big deal enough to make it in your autobiography! RIP Macaber.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: January 15, 2018 18:19

It was in his bio, wasn't it?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 15, 2018 18:44

Dandy if I recall things right Barbara Charone's book about Keith was choreographed(?) liked that, with 3 or 4 columns on each page. I don't own it but a good friend of mine borrowed it to me around 10 years ago.

Date: January 15, 2018 19:23

DandelionPowderman
It was in his bio, wasn't it?

In fact yes I was, page 412.
I wonder how many guitars beside Macaber Keith lost in the fire?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 16, 2018 19:28

I wonder how many fires were caused by Keith and/or Anita.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 16, 2018 20:17

Bliss
I wonder how many fires were caused by Keith and/or Anita.

I believe these pictures are all from the July 1973 Redlands fire. And there also was a 1982 Redlands fire. How did they start?

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 16, 2018 20:37

There was also a fire in the Keith's hotel bedroom the night of the party to celebrate his Toronto court victory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1878
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home