Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
archival series next release?
Posted by: illyad ()
Date: December 24, 2017 21:03

Does anyone know what will be the next archival release from Stones? Any date?

Re: archival series next release?
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: December 24, 2017 21:12

How many times does this have to come up? geeez

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 24, 2017 21:24

I seem to remember someone in the know stated a “no security” show would be the
next release.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 24, 2017 23:39

I very much appreciate this thread, because I'm ALWAYS wondering the same. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: December 24, 2017 23:51

Well, they still have to release Light the fuse on silver discs, so maybe next year...?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 25, 2017 00:58

Cooltoplady
How many times does this have to come up? geeez

Well, how else would the band & the record company/-ies know what we really want?! smoking smiley

The thing is, and I'm sure that's what you meant, that these threads always (& pretty soon) end up being Santa-like wish lists; rather pointless, because we've been through that thru and thru.

But it does fascinate me too; that 'thing that might be next'. So ...

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 25, 2017 01:05

1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs for worldwide release. As a matter of fact, BA CD's/LP's are ready for awhile.
2. No Security (20th anniversary). This was omitted during 2009 reissue program with a promise to re-issue it later.
3. Light The Fuse. Apparently ready and in can.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 25, 2017 02:04

ironbelly
1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs for worldwide release. As a matter of fact, BA CD's/LP's are ready for awhile.
2. No Security (20th anniversary). This was omitted during 2009 reissue program with a promise to re-issue it later.
3. Light The Fuse. Apparently ready and in can.

I look forward to that.

Posted by: MAYO ()
Date: December 25, 2017 02:30

When BtB and V.Lounge reedited in vinyl

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: December 25, 2017 23:34

if Clearmountain could put a little bit of his magic on the Knebworth tapes...

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 26, 2017 00:04

The new supossed album will be from the adults

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 26, 2017 00:27

I want that GHS 45th, would Scarlet qualify to be on the bonus portion? Hopefully GHS can somehow be remastered differently.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: December 26, 2017 00:41

GetYerAngie
ironbelly
1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs for worldwide release.

I look forward to that.

Anybody who has the slightest bit of interest in 73 tour already has Brussel live.
There should be some (unfortunately only very few) other live recordings.
Berlin would be great!

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: December 26, 2017 02:26

what about the "three ones from bbc's london empire" ....

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 26, 2017 20:29

If this GOATS HEAD SOUP thing is for real and they do a second disc there's supposedly a good bit of leftovers to choose from...

After Muddy & Charlie
Brown Leaves
Criss Cross Mind
English Rose
Fast Talking Slow Walking
First Thing
Four And In
Give Us A Break
Jamaica
Man-Eating Woman
Miami
Separately
Short And Curlies
You Should Have Seen Her Ass
Windmill
Zabadoo

Date: December 26, 2017 22:27

GasLightStreet
If this GOATS HEAD SOUP thing is for real and they do a second disc there's supposedly a good bit of leftovers to choose from...

After Muddy & Charlie
Brown Leaves
Criss Cross Mind
English Rose
Fast Talking Slow Walking
First Thing
Four And In
Give Us A Break
Jamaica
Man-Eating Woman
Miami
Separately
Short And Curlies
You Should Have Seen Her Ass
Windmill
Zabadoo
I was speculating about those three possible releases because this is an easy way to fill the market and anniversaries are obvious.
1. Brussels 73 was already issued twice officially via superdeluxe box from Stones Archive and as bonus discs by Ward records in Japan. I can say - they do not need extra work to do for worldwide with Brussels CD's from Ward records - just re-press the CD's and re-pack with GHS.
2. No Security - it is still mentioned on their site as 'The album is currently unavailable but will be reissued later this year.'. This none stick there from 2009 winking smiley. I do not mind if No Security will get Deluxe treatment like Totally Stripped. But this release is questionable.
3. Light The Fuse 2005 was a part of archive series and obviously got the same treatment as others. Guess it is in a can right now and is waiting for a right moment.
There was also strong rumor about 1976 Paris shows. But it faded w/o trace.

Other than those would be great surprise as long as they usually chose and easy way of doing things. Do I need to mention absolutely unnecessary re-issues of stand-alone CD's of Texas 78 and Checkerboard 81 as an example of this statement?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 22:30 by ironbelly.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 26, 2017 22:27

CousinC
GetYerAngie
ironbelly
1. Goats Head Soup deluxe (45th anniversary) with Brussels Affair as bonus discs for worldwide release.

I look forward to that.

Anybody who has the slightest bit of interest in 73 tour already has Brussel live.
Berlin would be great!

How about a complete 1969 show(s) like the 3 MSG shows or
I would love something from 1970, maybe the 2 Paris radio shows? But I would settle for the rest of the 1971 Roundhouse concert they gave us a taste of as bonus material in the Sticky Fingers box set.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 22:29 by oldschool.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 26, 2017 22:29

Beggars Banquet sessions 50 years December 2018.

Date: December 26, 2017 22:32

oldschool
CousinC
GetYerAngie
ironbelly

I look forward to that.

Berlin would be great!

I would love something from 1970, maybe the 2 Paris radio shows?
But I would settle for the rest of the 1971 Roundhouse concert they gave us a taste of as bonus material in the Sticky Fingers box set.
One word - ABKCO winking smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 26, 2017 23:52

ironbelly
oldschool
CousinC
GetYerAngie
ironbelly

I look forward to that.

Berlin would be great!

I would love something from 1970, maybe the 2 Paris radio shows?
But I would settle for the rest of the 1971 Roundhouse concert they gave us a taste of as bonus material in the Sticky Fingers box set.
One word - ABKCO winking smiley

yeah I know they can be the fly in the ointment but Sir Mick is pretty tight fisted himself so I am sure it takes two to tango.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 27, 2017 01:55

mtaylor

This could be the holy grail LOL

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 27, 2017 07:25

mtaylor

thumbs up

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: December 27, 2017 16:48

1963luca0
[youtu.be]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:32

Maindefender
I want that GHS 45th, would Scarlet qualify to be on the bonus portion? Hopefully GHS can somehow be remastered differently.

thumbs upthumbs up
A CD bonus with these songs:
Scarlett
Windmill
Drift Away
Criss Cross Man
Living in the heart of love
Fast Talking, Slow walking
Separately
Slow Down and stop
You should have seen her ass
Through the lonely nights

Date: December 27, 2017 17:42

ironbelly
I was speculating about those three possible releases because this is an easy way to fill the market and anniversaries are obvious.
1. Brussels 73 was already issued twice officially via superdeluxe box from Stones Archive and as bonus discs by Ward records in Japan. I can say - they do not need extra work to do for worldwide with Brussels CD's from Ward records - just re-press the CD's and re-pack with GHS.
2. No Security - it is still mentioned on their site as 'The album is currently unavailable but will be reissued later this year.'. This none stick there from 2009 winking smiley. I do not mind if No Security will get Deluxe treatment like Totally Stripped. But this release is questionable.
3. Light The Fuse 2005 was a part of archive series and obviously got the same treatment as others. Guess it is in a can right now and is waiting for a right moment.

Other than those would be great surprise as long as they usually chose and easy way of doing things. Do I need to mention absolutely unnecessary re-issues of stand-alone CD's of Texas 78 and Checkerboard 81 as an example of this statement?

LIVE IN TEXAS has already been available just as a record? I've never seen that. As far as I know it only came with the DVD.

I doubt NO SECURITY will get any kind of deluxe reissue. It's not STRIPPED, afterall. Their website is bunk anyway.

LIGHT THE FUSE - it's already been available and why anyone would bother with it is beyond me.

Date: December 27, 2017 17:47

bonddm
1963luca0
[youtu.be]

Any idea what Mick was on? All that grunting is hilarious.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 27, 2017 17:57

GasLightStreet
ironbelly

LIVE IN TEXAS has already been available just as a record? I've never seen that. As far as I know it only came with the DVD.

I doubt NO SECURITY will get any kind of deluxe reissue. It's not STRIPPED, afterall. Their website is bunk anyway.

LIGHT THE FUSE - it's already been available and why anyone would bother with it is beyond me.

Some Girls Live In Texas released earlier this year on vinyl and CD.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 27, 2017 18:01

Deltics
Some Girls Live In Texas released earlier this year on vinyl and CD.

[www.amazon.co.uk]

It's been a shit year. It wasn't until November I started paying attention to music again.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: December 27, 2017 18:07

KRiffhard
Maindefender

thumbs upthumbs up
A CD bonus with these songs:
Scarlett
Windmill
Drift Away
Criss Cross Man
Living in the heart of love
Fast Talking, Slow walking
Separately
Slow Down and stop
You should have seen her ass
Through the lonely nights

Thru The Lonely already came out on "rarities". But yes 45th GHS in 2018 please. Wouldn't be surprised with the Stones revisiting Silver Train and Dancing With Mr. D. on recent tours. >grinning smiley<

Date: December 27, 2017 18:20

Everything Is Turning To Gold and Mannish Boy was already released twice before RARITIES! As if releasing Through The Lonely Nights again is a problem!

Of course, there's another way to look at it: how many times - approved by the Stones - has Brown Sugar been released?

Single
LP
MADE IN THE SHADE
Single
REWIND
JUMP BACK
FORTY LICKS
FIFTY LICKS

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home