Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Stones and their Social Media?
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:39

So I really have been enjoying all the social media apps that the band has been using. Especially the bands phone app and all their individual instagram accounts.
I follow Mick, Keef and Woody on instagram.

My question is do you think they handle these accounts themselves?

I have a feeling Mick and Woody do it themselves, but Keef Im not to sure about?

OfficialKeef on instagram just started following me and we have been trading personal messages for the last few days.
At first he sent me a message of thanks for all the love and support I have expressed for him on his page.
I was so excited, I was like a teenage girl when I saw that Keef was following me and was reaching out to me. I replied to him, thanking him for his kind words and sent him blessings.

The next couple of messages he asked where I live, how did I get into his music?,
and if I had been to any of his concerts? I replied with my personal Stones history.

Then last night he sent a very long & heavy message thanking me again for my support and showing his appreciation for the instagram platform, enabling him to reach out to his fans around the world.
It got really deep when he said "nobody knows what tomorrow might bring" and "I dont want to be seen as a celebrity or superstar, but as any other person in life. We are nothing but pencils in the hands of the creator." He then goes on about how important friendships are and he believes its chemistry that brought us together.

So before I respond to his last message, I wanted to see here if anyone has any idea as to if its really Keef handling his Instagram account or does he have someone managing it for him?

The words seem like his but I kind of always thought Keef was not one who has embraced all the new computer and social technologies?

I would like to think it is Keef, or at least someone that Keef is dictating to, but if its a hired hand that Keef has no contact with, Im not too sure i want to continue the conversation with him.

Anyone know if its really Keef?
thx

Re: The Stones and their Social Media?
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: December 24, 2017 18:55

"Keith does not tweet, dig?"

[twitter.com]

Would suspect that also applies to his other social media platforms.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 24, 2017 19:12

I may be wrong but am sure I read somewhere that Keith doesn't use a mobile phone either. Or maybe its personal computers. Or both?
I guess one of his minions is never far away.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 24, 2017 20:21

It's why they can't find the time to get together to record. They are all staring into their phones, writing to fans on Instagram.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 24, 2017 20:37

SpikeNYC, while I seriously doubt most of their social presence is actually the band's own words, I also think it highly unlikely a contractor or other employee would pose as a world famous celebrity in a personal exchange like yours. I would seriously suspect such behavior is contractually forbidden for obvious reasons. Your message sounds like you had an actual exchange with Keith. You're fortunate. I would cherish it.

Date: December 24, 2017 21:03

Rocky Dijon
SpikeNYC, while I seriously doubt most of their social presence is actually the band's own words, I also think it highly unlikely a contractor or other employee would pose as a world famous celebrity in a personal exchange like yours. I would seriously suspect such behavior is contractually forbidden for obvious reasons. Your message sounds like you had an actual exchange with Keith. You're fortunate. I would cherish it.

Thus, the point of my question.
The words and tone of his last message was very deep and heavy, so that is why Im questioning if its actually Keef or a hired hand?
At first, I thought it was a hired hand that was just patronizing me, but with the last message being so serious, now I have second thoughts...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 24, 2017 21:19

Did he throw in some smoked laughs?

smoking smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 24, 2017 23:31

Can you link to the Instagram account to see if it's the official one? Sounds very unlikely, but of course it'd be great if indeed Keith was talking to you!

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 25, 2017 01:36

‘but pencils in the hand of the creator’

Keith got religious?

Or is the creator but fate?

Creator is destiny?

Creator is God?

Hmmm smoking smiley

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 25, 2017 09:10

Nothing theological there. Nothing he wouldn't find in Rastafarianism either. It only means we're all instruments using whatever gifts we have.

Date: December 25, 2017 18:41

Here is the instagram account that I have been corresponding with.
I think its the official one?

[www.instagram.com]

Date: December 25, 2017 19:04

Here is some of the messages I received from Keef's instagram acct:

"I hope my messages find you in good health and in wealth. I'd love to clarify a lot of things to you. Well communication is the only weapon we have to get a greater friendship/relationship? I believe Chemistry has brought us together. I am not trying to be boastful here but I don't want to be seen like a superior, we all are equal in the sight of God regardless of our endeavors and social status in society. The world will always talk about you that's if you continue giving they ears or letting them know more about you than they ought not to. Everyone will want to be in your shoes right now, knowing that you actually make contacts with me. They'd do anything to get here and I know we are starting a great ties of friendship. If unable to grasp the relationship never gives hope? Because the human heart is too valuable to be hurt? Too expensive to be wasted? And too valuable to be destroyed. I have come to realize that we are nothing without friends, someone who would stand by me no matter the situation."

Date: December 25, 2017 19:07

Then last night (Christmas eve) he asked how i was celebrating Christmas.
I told him dinner with friends in Brooklyn.
His reply -

"Oh well i wouldnt mind sharing life experiences but i dont get on here as often, maybe we could on another platform huh?"

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: December 25, 2017 19:18

Only 3100 followers on that Twitter account? I'd say it's not really Keith.

Date: December 25, 2017 19:23

Well after looking at instagram there seems to be 2 "officialkeef" accounts.
Here is the other one.

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 25, 2017 19:37

spsimmons
Only 3100 followers on that Twitter account? I'd say it's not really Keith.

Agreed.

Could be someone holed up in their parents basement with nothing better to do - in fact some of it sounds a bit creepy.

But who knows?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 25, 2017 19:37

Yeah it’s fake, sorry to say. It doesn’t have the official badge and the name official is misspelled. Careful not to fall for some online fraud.

Date: December 25, 2017 19:46

Thx all.
I wont be giving him my credit card or phone #.

It is kind of creepy and sad that someone is posing as Keith.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: December 25, 2017 19:47

Creepy, but also, if you really thought it was ‘real’
did you ask to copy ‘their’ message to a public place?

Anyway, Merry Christmas, off to the relatives.

Date: December 25, 2017 21:09

spikenyc
Here is the instagram account that I have been corresponding with.
I think its the official one?

[www.instagram.com]

That seems fake, note the typo: offlcialkeef thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-25 21:31 by Koen.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: December 25, 2017 21:32

there is a fake officialkeef and a fake mickjagger on twitter. you will know it by the @address someone is toying with you

Date: December 25, 2017 22:05

I stopped following that account and also blocked them.
thx all.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: December 25, 2017 22:29

Creepy is the word I was gonna use too. Keith was on some BBC programme sometime this year I think. Talking about the Internet, He said something like 'at least my addictions can be cured. People these days stand no chance, permanently staring into their phones and computers etc. I never go on the Internet, but I have people who do, heh heh!'
I agree addiction to social media and technology is frightening.
Merry Christmas to you all from England

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: December 26, 2017 02:30

I guess it's rather someone in the services of Jane Rose, with Jane possibly supervizing the whole thing.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 26, 2017 02:47

Blondie ?????????????????????????????

ROCKMAN

Date: December 26, 2017 11:46

Rockman
Blondie ?????????????????????????????

LOL, ok that is the second funniest thing I have seen on IORR ever. Haha...

( The funniest to this day was by I think dcba who said "Nothing says Christmas like 'Altamont', no it was Ross who said it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 11:48 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: December 26, 2017 16:01

Just looking at the writing, doesn’t like
Keith at all! I Really don’t think Keith does anything on social media. I think he has someone ding it for him.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 26, 2017 16:40

Maybe the official accounts could hire that fake jackass to run their social media...seriously.

That"official" App..
was NO ONE available to update it for a Christmas message?!?!

Give the official passwords to some fans and let them at least post something daily.

Date: December 26, 2017 17:32

What do you mean, no Christmas message?

[twitter.com]

[www.instagram.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-26 17:35 by Koen.

Date: December 26, 2017 18:15

The account that was corresponding with me is not Keith Richards real instagram account. Its a fake and is meant to mimic the real account.
I stopped following the fake account and blocked them from viewing my account.
Also, changed my password. Its a pity what some people think they can get away with.

As far as Keef's real instagram and twitter accounts, Im sure there is someone that manages it for him, like Jane Rose or one of her minions.

I think Mick may have someone manage his as well, but he seems to pay attention to it and actively participates with it.

Woody definitely does it himself and is very active with social media.

Charlie, not sure?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home