Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Racist posting on IORR
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 16, 2017 01:48

OT Mick: ENGLAND LOST.

Great lyrics, terrible music.

video: [youtu.be]

England lost indeed.

I know that Enlgand lost since visiting London in 2013 for the Hyde Park shows.

There were human beings walking around in black sacks while it was 35 degrees in the shade in the shopping area. Crazy.

Was my last visit to London/England.

Won't visit the 2018 UK Tour (if it happens)

Thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-16 10:56 by bv.

Re: OT Mick: ENGLAND LOST.
Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:06

RipThisBone

England lost indeed.

There were human beings walking around in black sacks while it was 35 degrees in the shade in the shopping area. Crazy.

Thank you.

Good sinle far better tha Keith`

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: December 16, 2017 02:24

thumbs up

Oh, sorry.

thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-16 02:25 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: December 16, 2017 08:16

They will play the same shit anyway next year - minus the "rare" tracks.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2017 08:30

There were human beings walking around in black sacks while it was 35 degrees

Maybe they just don't look good in white .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 16, 2017 08:52

Monsoon Ragoon
They will play the same shit anyway next year - minus the "rare" tracks.

I would not call it "shit" but other than that, you're most likely right.

Re: OT: Racist posting on IORR
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2017 11:16

RipThisBone

First of all Mick Jagger is NOT off topic here on iorr, Mick is 100% ON topic...

The reason for my comment here is the racist comment in the start of this thread. The thread is clearly started in order to make hate and racist comments. I will not tolerate it.

People make excuses and tell me they were drunk when they posted something stupid or offending. Not acceptable. If you rape when you are drunk then you are still responsible for your actions. If you kill a person while driving in a drunken condition then you are still responsible. If you post racist comments then you do probably have a racist mindset, more or less.

I don't really care if racist comments are written in a sober or a drunk state of mind. There is a saying that you get honest comments from children and drunk people. So when you are drunk you say what is in your mind.

One survey I read recently (in Norway) stated that as many as 30% of all people were worried about immigrants, they did not trust them 100%. We have a lot of foreign workers in Norway, most of them are from Sweden, Denmark, Poland and so on. Still, those who make all the fuzz, all the hate comments, are those who have a different skin colour, dress code or religion.

I am not saying the world is perfect, and that all immigration and mix of different cultures is perfect and without challenges. Still, please do not bring your hate and/or worries about people who are different than you here into IORR. Most people work hard to survive and in order to take care of their closest family and friends.

If you wear an old looking 60's style red striped jacket on tours, or a Stones tattoo, or a large black dress because your family had that for hundreds of years, it is all the same, it's just a tradition, something people do. No reason to start hating other people just because they dress a certain way, or because they believe in something different that you do believe in.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: December 16, 2017 12:53

Thank-you so so much for your comments bv. I for one was pretty upset to read that opening comment over breakfast this morning.
But after reading what you say bv I will put it right out of mind now.
I am off to London (Royal Albert Hall) with my 'closest family and friends' to sing Christmas Carols.
Great venue, great place
I am proud of who I am
Seasons Greetings to you all

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 16, 2017 13:39

I do agree that the subject is off key or OT as it's called here. And it may not be suitable on this forum. I do not agree that it's necessarily racist though.
It's just an observation of a phenomena the writer doesn't condone with. And he's not the only one. Even John Cleese said that London isn't England anymore. It's something else...

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: December 16, 2017 13:54

RipThisBone

England lost indeed.

Thank you.

Get a life!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 16, 2017 14:04

bv
RipThisBone

First of all Mick Jagger is NOT off topic here on iorr, Mick is 100% ON topic...

The reason for my comment here is the racist comment in the start of this thread. The thread is clearly started in order to make hate and racist comments. I will not tolerate it.

People make excuses and tell me they were drunk when they posted something stupid or offending. Not acceptable. If you rape when you are drunk then you are still responsible for your actions. If you kill a person while driving in a drunken condition then you are still responsible. If you post racist comments then you do probably have a racist mindset, more or less.

I don't really care if racist comments are written in a sober or a drunk state of mind. There is a saying that you get honest comments from children and drunk people. So when you are drunk you say what is in your mind.

One survey I read recently (in Norway) stated that as many as 30% of all people were worried about immigrants, they did not trust them 100%. We have a lot of foreign workers in Norway, most of them are from Sweden, Denmark, Poland and so on. Still, those who make all the fuzz, all the hate comments, are those who have a different skin colour, dress code or religion.

I am not saying the world is perfect, and that all immigration and mix of different cultures is perfect and without challenges. Still, please do not bring your hate and/or worries about people who are different than you here into IORR. Most people work hard to survive and in order to take care of their closest family and friends.

If you wear an old looking 60's style red striped jacket on tours, or a Stones tattoo, or a large black dress because your family had that for hundreds of years, it is all the same, it's just a tradition, something people do. No reason to start hating other people just because they dress a certain way, or because they believe in something different that you do believe in.

thumbs up

Date: December 16, 2017 14:42

Stoneage
I do agree that the subject is off key or OT as it's called here. And it may not be suitable on this forum. I do not agree that it's necessarily racist though.
It's just an observation of a phenomena the writer doesn't condone with. And he's not the only one. Even John Cleese said that London isn't England anymore. It's something else...

You should look up the definition.

This is also the umpteenth time this poster has brought up this subject, out of nowhere.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 16, 2017 15:03

Racism is a horrible thing that has real consequences to millions of people around the world. It is unfortunate that the word had been dumbed down so that every comment someone doesn't like is called racist. To me, racism is an ancient scourge that persists. It is not a question of words bot oppression. The word has lost its meaning

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 16, 2017 16:25

Rokyfan
Racism is a horrible thing that has real consequences to millions of people around the world. It is unfortunate that the word had been dumbed down so that every comment someone doesn't like is called racist. To me, racism is an ancient scourge that persists. It is not a question of words bot oppression. The word has lost its meaning

Thank you, well said!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 16, 2017 17:53

Rokyfan

The word hasn't been "dumbed down" at all.
Calling racism out has increased, as it should as society progresses.

Exaggerating (..every comment someone doesn't like) and bemoaning the fact that it's called out doesn't make racist comments any less racist.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 16, 2017 18:04

I totally disagree the word has been has been dumbed down! Ridiculous. Racism continues to be one of the greatest human scourge in the world. With leaders who seek to normalize racism and empower white supremacy. And fascism. It is a moment in history where people need to stand up and be counted and anytime any semblance of racism rears it's horrid head people need to raise their fist and demand no more! There is no place for racism in our society.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2017 18:18

I don't believe commenting on someone's clothing is 'racism'. (In this case, above, it seems to be more about their chosen religious attire not their race).

Ie. There's girl living next door to me who dresses like this and yet she is a white, blonde haired, blued eyed Romanian.

Also, there are African muslims as well as Middle eastern origin and of course millions of Indonesian (Asian) muslims...........so which race is he denigrating?

All of them?.....could be I 'spose..........

or....As the author Alfred Wainwright said, “There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.”

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 16, 2017 18:18

London is probably one of the most multi-racial and multi-cultural cities in the world. It wouldn't surprise me if an unknowing tourist is taken aback if in an area with a large 'minority' population. Go to the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, for instance. Anyone expecting east-end pubs and cockney accents is in for a shock.

Date: December 16, 2017 18:24

Eddie- Racist and culturally intolerant saying people are dressed in "black bags". And saying because of this England is lost! We all know the intention behind this!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 16, 2017 19:01

That's a new one. Black sacks? I looked it up, all I could find was about garbage bags. So I guess I don't get it.

Date: December 16, 2017 19:20

Muslim women wear Hijabs, which is what that racist is referring to.

Date: December 16, 2017 19:44

whitem8
Eddie- Racist and culturally intolerant saying people are dressed in "black bags". And saying because of this England is lost! We all know the intention behind this!

How they were dressed is not to do with race - cultural intolerance, maybe - but as separate issue - if they were in full Niqab - [en.wikipedia.org] - he would have not been able to determine their exact race anyway........

Generally speaking, there is, from what I've been able to determine, there is a simmering intolerance of Niqab wearers in the UK (I don't know about elsewhere except France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Italy, Chad (and Egypt pending) where they are banned) but again, not because of race but a feeling that wearing them, and fully covering the face, is a security issue and for some ordinary people an anti social act - (whether it is or not is besides the point, the perception is there) - a lot of white people I've heard express views on this, feel that the wearers deem themselves 'too good' to looked upon by the 'kuffar' ..[www.urbandictionary.com] ... [en.wikipedia.org]

I don't know about dumbing down the word 'racism' but I do think there's too much mixing up and substituting 'racism' for 'religious/cultural intolerance' ......... imo racism doesn't have a case but again, imo, some religious factions themselves are highly aggressive and intolerant and need to be guarded against.
A lot of white people here are leaning to think that full face veils are low level aggression. They might be right or wrong but I can say, I have heard muslims talking in derogatory terms about the 'Kuffar', so...........

The Niqab?.....If I was married to a woman who suddenly wanted to wear one of these black garments in 35 degree heat I would be more concerned about her getting heat stroke......

Just because someone, in principal, opposes someone else's religious practices or beliefs, it doesn't automatically follow that they look down on them racially. That someone might be an ardent Christian......there are millions of Middle eastern, African and Indonesian Christians too........so, now, where does that leave the assertion that some one who against Islam is by default a racist?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-16 19:51 by EddieByword.

Date: December 16, 2017 20:21

Terrific post, EddieByword.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: December 16, 2017 20:31

I feel it's fair to say that Islam is a poor way to organize a society, in the same way you'd say that Communism is a poor way to organize a society. Many Islamic ideas conflict with Western Liberalism. So it's a difficult balancing act -- we should tolerate people who wear these getups, but recognize they are representing ideas that are dangerous. It's ironic, but we have to tolerate people who would not tolerate us if they ever came to power.

Date: December 16, 2017 20:32

Big Al
Terrific post, EddieByword.

Cheers Big Al.....smileys with beer

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: December 16, 2017 21:07

Most Muslim women don't wear niqabs. Not all Muslim women wear the hijab head covering, either. The choice of what they wear is determined by the sect of Islam that their family follows. There are Christian and Jewish people who wear different styles of dress if they follow more conservative versions of those religions, as well.

Date: December 16, 2017 21:40

Anyone can write long descriptions of this and that. But it was very clear from BV and to me what this post’s intent was. Racism? I think so. Intolerance, definitely.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: December 16, 2017 23:19

I read comments on here recently regarding the Ladies of Blackpool being 'Dogs' and 'ugly this', 'ugly that'. I thought that was disgustingly offensive and tried to report it but the report function appeared to be not working. Is that now fixed. At best comments like that are childish but at worst deeply offensive to a whole community of people with a proud history.

Date: December 16, 2017 23:21

marianna
Most Muslim women don't wear niqabs. Not all Muslim women wear the hijab head covering, either. The choice of what they wear is determined by the sect of Islam that their family follows. There are Christian and Jewish people who wear different styles of dress if they follow more conservative versions of those religions, as well.

Important post thumbs up

Date: December 17, 2017 00:18

From observation, I would say that the majority of adult practicing muslims in the U.K. wear the hijab; the minority choose to wear the niqab or burka.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home