Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Getting in touch with Stones site
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:21

I have several orders just up in the air with the stones official web site. If you contact them you get an automatic reply and and its asks not to reach out to them again and it will only slow things. Never got anything about the new On-Air album. And if you can believe this I am waiting for a few concert posters I ordered in 2015. Nobody got back to me on that either. What a horrible way of doing business.

Re: Getting in touch with Stones site
Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:24

Just a suggestion ...

If you have a Twitter account, send a tweet to the official account @RollingStones and say you have been having trouble.
It may not help, but normally big companies answer because the bad PR is out there for all the world to see.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:30

Hound Dog
I have several orders just up in the air with the stones official web site. If you contact them you get an automatic reply and and its asks not to reach out to them again and it will only slow things. Never got anything about the new On-Air album. And if you can believe this I am waiting for a few concert posters I ordered in 2015. Nobody got back to me on that either. What a horrible way of doing business.

Whaaaat? That's not even arrogant anymore, it borders on crminal practices. If you have already paid for your stuff, set a time limit for them. 10-14 days depending on where you live should be sufficient. In case they're not able to deliver the goods until this date, make perfectly clear that the order is cancelled and you want full refund in this case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-05 18:32 by retired_dog.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:32

What exactly did you contact? I looked at the site and found a contact for UMG.

I never get anything from a band website. I've ordered from record label websites but websites are just a digital business card essentially.

With the trouble U2 fans have with tickets through their website (subscribers, which I've never really understood) and the trouble I've seen people have here with the Stones stuff, why bother.

If Mick Jagger can't be bothered to go through more old studio leftovers but has no problem playing mostly 1960s and 1970s music in the 20 Hundreds and 20 Teens...

Date: December 5, 2017 18:36

This is the message I got from them and nothing since..if I look at my order there is nothing to click and it says nothing except my confirmation number.

The Rolling Stones Official Store <[email protected]>
To:

Dec 2 at 4:52 PM

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Thank you for submitting your customer service request! Your request has been received. Our support staff will review and respond to your request as soon as possible. For future reference, your ticket request is .

We recommend viewing our Help Center for more information regarding common order issues, return & exchange information, and more.

Please note that due to the order in which requests are addressed, sending multiple requests will result in a delayed response from our team. We ask that you please refrain from submitting multiple requests.

If you’ve already placed an order with us, you can refer to your confirmation email for order updates and tracking information.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 5, 2017 19:37

ChrisL
Just a suggestion ...

If you have a Twitter account, send a tweet to the official account @RollingStones and say you have been having trouble.
It may not help, but normally big companies answer because the bad PR is out there for all the world to see.

If you tweet, make sure to start ith with .@rollingstones (including the period), this way, all their followers will see it as well.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 5, 2017 20:54

Waiting for an order placed in 2015 is pathetic.How are the muppets that run this still employed.

Nate

Date: December 5, 2017 22:48

Nate, I know right, and most places don't bill you when you prorder something, they bill you when they ship it. But nope they bill you right away.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2017 23:02

Good luck.
Click here...

Rolling Stones WEBSTORE Contact Form

Or email here...

THEROLLINGSTONES@FHCUSTOMERCARE.COM

Or by mail...

UMG Recordings, Inc.
c/o Legal Dept
2220 Colorado Ave,
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: December 5, 2017 23:26

I called them on the phone,
but it has been a while, do they still have a phone number?

If you have already paid for your stuff, set a time limit for them. 10-14 days depending on where you live should be sufficient. In case they're not able to deliver the goods until this date, make perfectly clear that the order is cancelled and you want full refund in this case.

And they could not care less... I have made 10-12 orders through them over time (they were the only place to get the items)(monopoly) and 80% of the orders went fine, but the other 20% went hay wire.

They seem to have no problem listing things which are not really in stock, only telling you there will be a delay after the order(arrives missing items)... and when I complained they said they had no idea when the items would arrive ship existed never existed dontgiveafuk... and they instantly gave me back my money... basiaclly telling me to go away there are 100 people on the hold wanting to buy crap.

They honestly could not care less... and I guess it is partly my fault too, I kept ordering crap even when they had some of the worst customer service policies of all time. Their people were always nice, but the companies dontgiveafuk polices were/are some of the worst ever.

I have not ordered for a while... I am not very motivated, they made me notgiveafuk too.

TL/DR Call them on the phone if you can find a number.

Date: December 6, 2017 00:07

Thanks, unbelievable something can be this poorly run. I lost hope of ever getting those concert posters. Ordering from the Grateful Dead site couldn't be more different, my friend order concert cds and they came cracked and they sent him new ones without asking to send the others back.. So I got some free cds from my friend.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 6, 2017 01:30

amazon is poor at times too.

added me to prime membership when i didnt request so, and had a huge problem trying to cancel, so difficult to do and no one to contact.

these companies directors should be charged and jailed for theft.

Date: December 6, 2017 02:24

Screw it.

Flood their Twitter, their FaceBook page, YouTube page - over and over with hashtags etc with how bad it is. I know it's not a big deal in life but they are taking people's money, hard earned or not.

Bomb them with how lame they are. "Since when is being the greatest rock'n'roll band a business of stealing money?" Because at this point, the posters you ordered in 2015 qualifies as THEFT, don't'cha think? Hopefully you used a credit card - you can tell the credit card company to deal with it - you want yer goddamn money back and they HAVE to do it. Then they notify The Rolling Stones' company that they suck, in so many words. THEY (rollingstones.screwyou) have a part in it. It's a subsidiary of 'screw the big record labels' with the peer-to-peer thing a while back - oh, well, lookeee here, someone wants a poster/book/hat/etc - let's just not send it to them!

That's bullshit. Mick Jagger either has zero idea or he knows and is just giggling: "Oh I can't be bothered if they can't take a joke". The joke is their company. Hey Mick - be bothered, you arrogant prick. You know what Keith would say - he'd shrug and say 'You should know!' and cough up 300 packs of fags.

Spread the word on Twitter - that shit snowballs so fast it's hilarious. A few hashtags and KAFUCKINGBOOM it's all over the place.

And for kafuckingboom's sake, DO NOT ORDER from their website ever again.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: December 6, 2017 04:08

GasLightStreet
Screw it.

Flood their Twitter, their FaceBook page, YouTube page - over and over with hashtags etc with how bad it is. I know it's not a big deal in life but they are taking people's money, hard earned or not.

Bomb them with how lame they are. "Since when is being the greatest rock'n'roll band a business of stealing money?" Because at this point, the posters you ordered in 2015 qualifies as THEFT, don't'cha think? Hopefully you used a credit card - you can tell the credit card company to deal with it - you want yer goddamn money back and they HAVE to do it. Then they notify The Rolling Stones' company that they suck, in so many words. THEY (rollingstones.screwyou) have a part in it. It's a subsidiary of 'screw the big record labels' with the peer-to-peer thing a while back - oh, well, lookeee here, someone wants a poster/book/hat/etc - let's just not send it to them!

That's bullshit. Mick Jagger either has zero idea or he knows and is just giggling: "Oh I can't be bothered if they can't take a joke". The joke is their company. Hey Mick - be bothered, you arrogant prick. You know what Keith would say - he'd shrug and say 'You should know!' and cough up 300 packs of fags.

Spread the word on Twitter - that shit snowballs so fast it's hilarious. A few hashtags and KAFUCKINGBOOM it's all over the place.

And for kafuckingboom's sake, DO NOT ORDER from their website ever again.

I've taken to Twitter #stonesstoreripoff. I'm completely with you GasLightStreet. This practice of theirs is totally unacceptable. My story is I paid USD$1000 for the leather jacket and a few other items on October 3. Money went our almost immediately - that part of the process they are very adept at. I received a subsequent email stating that the release date for all items was October 13. Since then nothing despite at least 3 attempts to glean an insight into the status of my order. Arrogant %$^^&* @#$%& is all I can say. My theory is they take everyones money upfront to pay for the merchandise thus not having to fork out themselves. Some people get lucky if they order at the right time in the cycle, but others like this black duck get f%^$&^n over. Shame on you pricks and my sympathy goes out to all others in the same boat as I.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-06 04:09 by Paulhanrahan.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 6, 2017 10:38

I too have learnt the hard way never to by anything from that site. Haven't bought any merchandise since 2014 and don't miss it. Screw them rather than let them screw you!

Date: December 6, 2017 17:22

Thanks everyone, since I posted this several people have reached out to me who have also been completely ripped off. Nobody has seemed to have their issue resolved, got their money back or gotten what they ordered. Really unbelieveable.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 6, 2017 17:28

Hound Dog
Thanks everyone, since I posted this several people have reached out to me who have also been completely ripped off. Nobody has seemed to have their issue resolved, got their money back or gotten what they ordered. Really unbelieveable.

Some friends of mine have told me the same. I remember there was a Christmas sale or something, so a lot of items were being offered with a huge discount. I bought the vinyl edition of A Bigger Bang, but what I've received was a Scissor Sisters 7" picture disc. grinning smiley

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2017 06:35

I was completely ripped off by the Stones official store twice and will never give them my money again. Spent over $200 for things I never got. I tried the Better Business Bureau and they could not help. The company that runs the Stones store could not be contacted by them. Really messed up they can take people's money like they do and get away with it.

Date: December 9, 2017 06:42

So it's not just rollingstones.com but therollingstonesshop.com as well? Or that's just where you are directed via rollingstones.com to buy shit. Are there others!? What about that company that bought the rights to certain songs? I forget what that was about.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2017 06:44

My experiences were on the Stones official site which directs you to therollingstonesshop.com.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 9, 2017 07:40

three letters bbb!that'll get their asses in gear

Date: February 13, 2018 16:57

Hope everyone got their orders or their money back. After two months of fighting with the Stones site I finally got refunded for at least one of my orders. Never got my records via mail. And so much for an xmas present for my friend but at least they refunded me.

My order from 2015 all the sudden my order number can't be found so they won't give me my money back for that one. Worst customer service I've ever seen.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2018 04:08

Christ. And we thought the old Ultrastar run official site (with their secret automatic default auto-renewals, bullshit promises about having seen an upcoming fanclub DVD that never existed and a fake 'Shine a Light movie premiere' offer for fansites where they refused to publish details of the 'winners') was corrupt but these guys are keeping up the same high standard of treating the fanbase with utter contempt.

I'm glad to say I've never given them a penny and never will. Are people declining to sue them out of some bizarre loyalty to the band they're claiming to represent or something?

Date: February 14, 2018 04:37

...and they say some people are still waiting for their "fanclub DVD" to this very day.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 14, 2018 05:48

[www.rollingstones.com] seems to be located in America. What state are they in? What American state are the shipping merchandise from? Contact the office of the Attorney General of that state/ their consumer affairs division.

California for example would be:
[oag.ca.gov]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 14, 2018 09:58

Until I saw this thread I had forgotten that I had ordered the On Air vinyl albums which should have arrived weeks ago. angry smiley Emails sent to all the addresses I could find, but not expecting a result, based on everyone else's experiences.

(Ha! "Guaranteed delivery by Dec. 25" eye rolling smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-02-14 10:07 by Aquamarine.

Date: February 14, 2018 10:08

triceratops
[www.rollingstones.com] seems to be located in America. What state are they in? What American state are the shipping merchandise from? Contact the office of the Attorney General of that state/ their consumer affairs division.

California for example would be:
[oag.ca.gov]

Maybe a good idea

If I recall it is located in West Virginia (I think)
I asked them where they were (this was 5-6 years ago) because I wondered why they were charging me sales tax for online orders when they don't have a store in my state... they replied blah blahed, some bs, idk, do ya want it or not, getdafkouttahere... so I said yeah yeah, good thing it is all on crazy sale (it was actually a bunch of 75% off crap)(I have not seen them run a sale like that for a while...

Of course they only sent 1/2 of what I ordered with the rest of it perpetual back order so I said givemymymoneybackandIwillgetdafkouttahere andnotcomeback... and I haven't.

But anyway.. if it is not W Va.. it is North of South Carolina... one of those types of places.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:23

triceratops
[www.rollingstones.com] seems to be located in America. What state are they in?

They're evidently in a terrible state.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:30

Gazza
triceratops
[www.rollingstones.com] seems to be located in America. What state are they in?

They're evidently in a terrible state.

grinning smiley

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: February 14, 2018 12:52

Till a week ago I didn't receive anything. LP, book cd's. I told they that I would like to cancel my orders and a few days later they put my money back.
I went on E bay and in a few days everything I bought was at home sealed yellow lp included.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1991
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home