Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Cool Clip From 1964 of Keith breaking his guitar string playing "Not Fade Away" on the Hollywood Palace TV Show.
Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: December 4, 2017 23:45

Bill Wyman wrote about this in his autobiography 'Stone Alone' when Keith breaks his guitar string while playing "Not Fade Away".

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-04 23:54 by stones1969.

Re: Cool Clip From 1964 of Keith breaking his guitar string playing "Not Fade Away" on the Hollywood Palace TV Show.
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: December 5, 2017 17:47

If I remember right, isn't this the Hollywood Palace show where the late Dean Martin was the show's host and mocked the Stones before they came on?

Re: Cool Clip From 1964 of Keith breaking his guitar string playing "Not Fade Away" on the Hollywood Palace TV Show.
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 5, 2017 18:30

Now that was cool. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: BamaStone ()
Date: December 5, 2017 20:27

I know it was in 25x5 doc that Deano said something like, "I've been rolled a few times when I was stoned" and rolls his eyes, and I remember Keith commenting in doc right after that scene, that he said "it us want to bite the heads off" the next time on tour, i.e., made them stronger..

Posted by: stones1969 ()
Date: December 6, 2017 04:52

dmay
If I remember right, isn't this the Hollywood Palace show where the late Dean Martin was the show's host and mocked the Stones before they came on?

You are correct.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 6, 2017 05:36

....But didn't Brian get pretty friendly with one of Dean's daughters ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 6, 2017 09:05

What a cool clip, thanks for posting. smiling smiley (I always forget Keith used to hold his guitar so high.)

Date: December 6, 2017 11:24

Classic!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: December 6, 2017 14:02

Ha ha, so cool -
look how they enjoy themselves ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home