Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 24, 2020 11:38

Eric's tour resheduled for May/June 2021

“Following the advice of global healthcare agencies and local government instructions, we are sorry that we have no alternative but to announce that Eric Clapton's European Tour planned for May/June 2020 will now be rescheduled to Spring 2021. The health and safety of our band, crew, venue staff and fans are our top priority. We look forward to seeing you in Spring 2021 … Eric Clapton Touring"

All tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled show dates in 2021.

For Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland: Rescheduled date to be announced shortly. Ticket holders should hold on to their original tickets and await further information.

ERIC CLAPTON SPRING 2021 DATES
21 May 2021 Munich, Germany / Olympiahalle
23 May 2021 Prague, Czech / Republic O2
26 May 2021 Milan, Italy / Mediolanum Forum
28 May 2021 Bologna, Italy / Unipol Arena
6 June 2021 Stuttgart, Germany / Schleyerhalle
8 June 2021 Dusseldorf, Germany / ISS Dome
9 June 2021 Antwerp, Belgium / Sportspalais
11 June 2021 Amsterdam, Netherlands / Ziggo Dome
14 June 2021 Copenhagen, Denmark / Royal Arena
15 June 2021 Copenhagen, Denmark / Royal Arena
17 June 2021 Helsinki, Finland / Hartwall Arena
20 June 2021 St Petersburg, Russia / Ice Palace
22 June 2021 Moscow, Russia / Crocus Hall
23 June 2021 Moscow, Russia / Crocus Hall

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: March 24, 2020 12:35

Hallenstadion Zurich is on saturday, 5th of june 2021.
No refunds available... Hope Eric will be ok next year!

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 24, 2020 20:43

Well, Clapton's team being very clear and organised.
Maybe the Stonesc camp could do the same...ie plan for May and June 2021.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: April 14, 2020 14:32

Full Ginger Baker tribute concert:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: April 14, 2020 15:37

Milan

[www.youtube.com]

Awesome. Thanks to all who made it.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 14, 2020 18:32

ChrisL
Milan

[www.youtube.com]

This is absolutely fantastic. We basically got the whole thing here through various videos almost 24 hours after it happened, but so great to see it complete and looks much better quality than what we had before. Big thanks to all that made it, looks wonderfully done.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:46

RollingFreak
ChrisL
Milan

[www.youtube.com]

This is absolutely fantastic. We basically got the whole thing here through various videos almost 24 hours after it happened, but so great to see it complete and looks much better quality than what we had before. Big thanks to all that made it, looks wonderfully done.

Brilliant effort that deserves every praise. The clever and smooth editing makes for an enjoyable watch from beginning to end. Thanks to all who contributed to make this happen — I recognized an IORR forum member’s name in the end credit.

This video took me back to the Hammersmith night two months ago and it all feels like a long time now — oh how so much the World has changed in the meantime. Sigh.

Hope it won’t remain the last great concert by Eric Clapton.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:46

Milan

[www.youtube.com]

This is the project my friend ECFan from Denmark put together. The audio track is using my audio, the video is mostly from his footage and the footage from a Japanese video taper. There are 6 other HD camera sources used as well. The people involved in this project are all about the music. This is how a fan project should be done.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 16, 2020 17:39

Many thanks to all those involved with the Ginger Baker tribute concert video, I really enjoyed watching it. What a fantastic line-up!

smileys with beerRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 16, 2020 21:32

I have just begun to watch this as I write this and I am very impressed in the video and audio presentation and want to kindly Thank all involved for there hard work and effort

Date: April 17, 2020 13:05

I have gotten to Tales of Brave Ulysses and oh my goodness the hair raising goose bump inducing solo of Mr. Nile Rodgers was quite pleasing to me and a really passionate display on the fretboard as well . Bravo ! I had a though that this could be one of the last really BIG shows in a while

Date: April 17, 2020 13:43

Ronnie is in fine form on Badge FOS right next to EC who is like his big brother along with Keith and the dynamic between EC and Ronnie is so nice with Ronnie looking over at EC like he is asking him permission to tear it up a bit and just as with the Stones being himself and having fun and projecting that back out to the audience . So nice to see ! P.S. this is the most uplifting thing for me in over a month . So a mighty Thank You to all as this is the perfect Elixir to start my day !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: May 4, 2020 17:09

Well, I don't know if this vid has been posted here before.
If so, I beg your pardon.
Myself, I've seen it today for the first time and I really like it.
It's Eric joining Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: May 5, 2020 08:16

It was fifteen years ago...Cream Reunion at the Royal Albert Hall, London, May 2, 3, 5 and 6, 2005. That was the event.
I was at the first and last nights. Were you there?

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: May 5, 2020 18:01

I was at the last 2 at RAH and the 3 at MSG.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 5, 2020 19:07

Thanks for that one, Phil! cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 5, 2020 22:17

I went to the 3rd show at MSG.

OT: clapton 2007 tour
Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: May 15, 2020 23:53

hey from francerona,
the white whale discussion brings me to an old love-hate relationship of mine. the old sock.
every rock fan i know lost interest in him, hearing his great recordings from the golden period from time to time, is enough. yesterday evening sitting, drinkin whine
with an old friend of mine, hearing e.c. is here, i spied an old dvd "live in melbourne" in the odd box. put it in and couldnt stand but wonder what a great tour this was. the boot was filmed strictly from the screen, sound okay but not great but what these 3 players bramhall,trucks and clapton do, is by far the best i have seen them play ever. what do i know, always said that eric is always as good as his sideman. cream reunion inclusive. it took 13 years to recognize, maybe im the old sock.
anybody seen this tour and can share my thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-16 11:44 by bv.

Re: clapton 2007 tour
Posted by: kait ()
Date: May 15, 2020 23:56

lippmann
hey from francerona,
the white whale discussion brings me to an old love-hate relationship of mine. the old sock.
every rock fan i know lost interest in him, hearing his great recordings from the golden period from time to time, is enough. yesterday evening sitting, drinkin whine
with an old friend of mine, hearing e.c. is here, i spied an old dvd "live in melbourne" in the odd box. put it in and couldnt stand but wonder what a great tour this was. the boot was filmed strictly from the screen, sound okay but not great but what these 3 players bramhall,trucks and clapton do, is by far the best i have seen them play ever. what do i know, always said that eric is always as good as his sideman. cream reunion inclusive. it took 13 years to recognize, maybe im the old sock.
anybody seen this tour and can share my thoughts?
I saw them in Munich, great show

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: May 16, 2020 11:35

i was in Locarno, July 2007. it was very hot on the Piazza, but worth every drop of sweat ... just fabulous.There are quite many bootlegs around fromm the tours with trucks wnd bramhall, I remember one from Lucca, Italy, and quite a few from Japan. And the official "Live In San Diego (With Special Guest JJ Cale)" captures this lineup and a beautiful Key to the Highway.

Resotele

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 16, 2020 12:58

resotele
i was in Locarno, July 2007. it was very hot on the Piazza, but worth every drop of sweat ... just fabulous.There are quite many bootlegs around fromm the tours with trucks wnd bramhall, I remember one from Lucca, Italy, and quite a few from Japan. And the official "Live In San Diego (With Special Guest JJ Cale)" captures this lineup and a beautiful Key to the Highway.

Resotele

You were in Locarno 2007? I envy you.

Magnificent city. And what a great concert EC gave.

Re: OT: clapton 2007 tour
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 16, 2020 14:58

I always liked this DVD featuring some great footage from that tour with that amazing lineup, and JJ Cale as a nice bonus!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 16, 2020 16:15

Solid and professional throughout, but young Trucks' extended solo on Little Queen of Spades was the best guitar playing of the evening at the show I saw in DC on that tour.

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: May 16, 2020 22:00

Erik_Snow
resotele

Resotele

You were in Locarno 2007? I envy you.

Magnificent city. And what a great concert EC gave.

Eric, do you have a recording of this EC gig? I would really love to have it...

Resotele

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2020 00:51

I recall seeing a couple of shows on this tour, and while I generally enjoy Doyle and Derek's guitar playing, with Clapton it seemed a bit "too many cooks in the kitchen".

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 24, 2020 22:55

Eric Clapton, B.B. King’s ‘Riding with the King’ to Be Reissued With Two Unreleased Tracks

Hear the duo’s rendition of the blues standard “Rollin’ and Tumblin'”

B. B. King and Eric Clapton - Rollin' and Tumblin'

[www.rollingstone.com]

Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood, Larry Coryell and Freddie King 1976 footage
Date: July 7, 2020 10:55

From 21:23 onwards there's a short 8mm black and white footage from the Eric Clapton concert at the Crystal Palace Bowl in London, with Ronnie Wood, Larry Coryell and Freddie King as guest musicians on Further On Up the Road.

Eric Clapton - 1969/1979 8mm Reels

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-07 11:16 by Cristiano Radtke.

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: July 7, 2020 11:03

...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood and Freddie King 1976 footage
Date: July 7, 2020 11:17

DiamondDog7
...don't forget the late great Larry Coryell! The Godfather of Jazz Fusion guitar.

Corrected. smiling smiley

Re: Eric Clapton with Ronnie Wood, Larry Coryell and Freddie King 1976 footage
Date: July 7, 2020 12:23

Great! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home