Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 54 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: April 18, 2023 23:27

daspyknows
retired_dog
daspyknows
Look at the posting above. Everything was released before. Why would I spend money to buy the same thing again especially when having the paper and plastic serves no purpose. I don't need to justify anything I do to you regardless. Go back under your rock .

Not officially, apart from the original "24 Nights" audio/video, of course. But that has not anything to do with my above post.

Besides, if you publicly justify illegal downloading of official material with not sharing the artist's view on certain subjects you need to be prepared for a public discussion about your own morals. But I see you prefer to stay tight-lipped what is telling me enough, so I go back under my rock now.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I wouldn't bring up morals here if I was you.

Amazing that you can cite the Holy Bible, at least the parts you think they suit you. But it's a good start nonetheless!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 18, 2023 23:39

retired_dog
daspyknows
retired_dog
daspyknows
Look at the posting above. Everything was released before. Why would I spend money to buy the same thing again especially when having the paper and plastic serves no purpose. I don't need to justify anything I do to you regardless. Go back under your rock .

Not officially, apart from the original "24 Nights" audio/video, of course. But that has not anything to do with my above post.

Besides, if you publicly justify illegal downloading of official material with not sharing the artist's view on certain subjects you need to be prepared for a public discussion about your own morals. But I see you prefer to stay tight-lipped what is telling me enough, so I go back under my rock now.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I wouldn't bring up morals here if I was you.

Amazing that you can cite the Holy Bible, at least the parts you think they suit you. But it's a good start nonetheless!

Lol lol that’s not from the Bible! Are you think about casting stones if you are without sin? I can’t stop laughing

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2023 00:07

retired_dog
daspyknows
retired_dog
daspyknows

More like holy sh!t. hahaha

The proverb appeared in Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde, written in 1385. Later, George Herbert modified it this way: “Whose house is of glass, must not throw stones at another.” And in 1736, Benjamin Franklin wrote, “Don't throw stones at your neighbors, if your own windows are glass.”

Obviously you are under a rock because it went over your head.

And, yes if I get the seats I want I will go and record it and no I won't charge for it nor would I buy the official DVD. If that makes you think I am a bad person I really don't care.

Date: April 19, 2023 00:16

I know very little about the Bible, but what about Romans 2:1-12?

'Paul reveals in verse 3 the weak position of those judging: They are guilty of committing the same sins, or ones just as bad, as those they are judging! Paul is saying that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones! In fact, their judgment of others may be one of those sins! In verse 4, he counsels them to lay aside their pride and concentrate on making the best use of God's patience by repenting of their sins'

[www.bibletools.org]

Date: April 19, 2023 00:42

DandelionPowderman
I know very little about the Bible, but what about Romans 2:1-12?

'Paul reveals in verse 3 the weak position of those judging: They are guilty of committing the same sins, or ones just as bad, as those they are judging! Paul is saying that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones! In fact, their judgment of others may be one of those sins! In verse 4, he counsels them to lay aside their pride and concentrate on making the best use of God's patience by repenting of their sins'

[www.bibletools.org]

That is not a quote from the Bible. The article is just surmising.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 19, 2023 01:41

Does anyone have any pre-sale codes for Thursday? Thanks in advance.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 19, 2023 03:13

daspyknows
retired_dog
daspyknows
retired_dog
daspyknows

More like holy sh!t. hahaha

The proverb appeared in Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde, written in 1385. Later, George Herbert modified it this way: “Whose house is of glass, must not throw stones at another.” And in 1736, Benjamin Franklin wrote, “Don't throw stones at your neighbors, if your own windows are glass.”

Obviously you are under a rock because it went over your head.

And, yes if I get the seats I want I will go and record it and no I won't charge for it nor would I buy the official DVD. If that makes you think I am a bad person I really don't care.

You care enough that you repeatedly come back although I already said that I'm going back under my rock. Sorry if I unintentionally planted the seed of doubt in you!

Date: April 19, 2023 04:04

retired_dog
You care enough that you repeatedly come back although I already said that I'm going back under my rock. Sorry if I unintentionally planted the seed of doubt in you!

No doubt here. Why do you keep responding? Hit a nerve?

Date: April 19, 2023 08:56

daspyknows
retired_dog

No, just having fun with gaming as you're a welcome sacrifice. Like everybody who thinks he is so important that his dislike for certain people like Clapton due to different political views must be shared publically on each and every occasion.

But don't worry, I let you off the hook now... Promised!

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: April 19, 2023 13:08

Yesterday April 18 2023

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-19 13:09 by Phil Good.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: April 19, 2023 16:27

Budokan, Tokyo, 19 April (Night #3)

1. Blue Rainbow
2. Pretending
3. Key To The Highway
4. Hoochie Coochie Man
5. I Shot The Sheriff
6. Kind Hearted Woman Blues
7. Nobody Knows You When You Are Down And Out
8. Call Me The Breeze
9. Sam Hall
10. Tears In Heaven
11. Kerry
12. Badge
13. Wonderful Tonight
14. Crossroads
15. Little Queen Of Spades
16. Layla
17. High Time We Went [encore]

Same setlist as the first two nights.

Date: April 19, 2023 17:51

retired_dog
daspyknows
retired_dog

No, just having fun with gaming as you're a welcome sacrifice. Like everybody who thinks he is so important that his dislike for certain people like Clapton due to different political views must be shared publically on each and every occasion.

But don't worry, I let you off the hook now... Promised!

You got it all wrong, but then again its par from the course. You also brought me into this because you don't like what I do, but I don't care about that. I just refuse to give Clapton any more of my money because I do not like who he supports with it. I am fine with Crossroads because it is not going into his pocket. Clear enough for you or are you a demented old dog.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 19, 2023 18:51

Watching Clapton from yesterday, it's incredible the power he has regained in his playing, similar to Keith last year, man did i pick the right heroes 40 years ago when i bought my first albums.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 19, 2023 21:16

RisingStone
Milan
Some great names there.

No Robert Cray.

[www.guitarworld.com]

Date: April 19, 2023 23:26

Lien
RisingStone
Milan
Some great names there.

No Robert Cray.

[www.guitarworld.com]

Yeah I can’t blame the guy. Good for Robert

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 20, 2023 02:35

I saw Clapton at the Budokan last night. Both guitar and voice were clear and strong. Moving.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 20, 2023 08:18

As long he sounds good and plays good guitar I don't really care what he says. Like, as long as he's not being horrid, he can do what he wants. If people don't like it, they won't come or they won't play with him. I disagree with his position but I'm also not gonna not listen to Cream or Derek And The Dominos cause they rule.

Having said that, I was surprised at the amount of people he got for his Guitar Fest. Seems like the "hating Eric" train is in the rearview mirror, but it seemed like a lot more people than I thought would say yes to this were vocal in their annoyance with him. Glad we'll still get some good music.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: April 20, 2023 09:31

RollingFreak
As long he sounds good and plays good guitar I don't really care what he says. Like, as long as he's not being horrid, he can do what he wants. If people don't like it, they won't come or they won't play with him. I disagree with his position but I'm also not gonna not listen to Cream or Derek And The Dominos cause they rule.

Having said that, I was surprised at the amount of people he got for his Guitar Fest. Seems like the "hating Eric" train is in the rearview mirror, but it seemed like a lot more people than I thought would say yes to this were vocal in their annoyance with him. Glad we'll still get some good music.

Most of them probably agree with him but are worried their career might be over if they let it be known, the fact they attend with Clapton speaks volumes.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 20, 2023 09:51

RollingFreak

His views are entirely unimportant to me. What matters, like you say, is the music. I’m not surprised, regarding the amount who’ve supported him. Again, the ‘Hate Eric’ nonsense has passed.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 20, 2023 20:38

angee
Does anyone have any pre-sale codes for Thursday? Thanks in advance.

passwords are : crypto and vinyl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-20 21:05 by Lien.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 20, 2023 20:42

Big Al
RollingFreak

His views are entirely unimportant to me. What matters, like you say, is the music. I’m not surprised, regarding the amount who’ve supported him. Again, the ‘Hate Eric’ nonsense has passed.

Most people draw the line somewhere. Some never draw any lines.

Date: April 20, 2023 20:53

NashvilleBlues
Big Al
RollingFreak

Most people draw the line somewhere. Some never draw any lines.

I don’t “hate” him. But I certainly criticize him for some of what he publicly announced.

And I have seen his show more than one hundred times.
I will add another two next couple of nights.
Tomorrow is his 100th Budokan show, an unprecedented achievement by a foreign (i.e. non-Japanese) artist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-20 21:23 by RisingStone.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 20, 2023 20:58

People are still angry about his anti-corona opinion? Hmm, maybe this is a more dangerous subject than before since it's sort of over, or over. Tough one. I still see people wearing masks walking down streets by themselves, also driving in cars by themselves.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 20, 2023 21:02

frankotero
People are still angry about his anti-corona opinion? Hmm, maybe this is a more dangerous subject than before since it's sort of over, or over. Tough one. I still see people wearing masks walking down streets by themselves, also driving in cars by themselves.

Don't forget his racist rant...

Date: April 20, 2023 21:20

frankotero

Contrary to the popular belief, COVID is not over.
In some countries, governments and/or nations have decided to “ignore” it and live like it doesn’t exist any more.

Unfortunately, it still does.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 20, 2023 21:33

RisingStone
frankotero

In some countries, governments and/or nations have decided to “ignore” it and live like it doesn’t exist any more.

One quick look at the plagued Springsteen tour and it's clear that covid is sill here.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 20, 2023 21:51

I'm just going to get out of this conversation. Well, just wow, there's no end to it.

Date: April 21, 2023 02:30

Hairball
RisingStone
frankotero

One quick look at the plagued Springsteen tour and it's clear that covid is sill here.

One most recent example:

Eastercon 2023, the annual British science fiction convention held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole this year during the Easter weekend 7-10 April, saw a mass COVID outbreak happening. Right after the convention weekend, there were reports from those among the attendees who tested positive and at the very early stage the number counted 75-80. Around 800 people attended the con, which means roughly 10% of them got the virus. And it was almost 10 days ago. I wonder how many more have succumbed to the infection by now. Unfortunately it will be remembered as another superspreader event.

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 21, 2023 03:50

Just received an email regarding tomorrows general sale, and not sure if this info. was already available, but it states:

Two Different Nights of Music.
Not All Artists Will Perform Both Nights, But Eric Clapton Will Perform Both Nights.

Followed by:

** Artist Lineup Subject to Change **

The good news is Eric will be performing both nights. The not so good news is it's a grab bag gamble as to who is going to be performing each night.
I'd love to see Los Lobos, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Vaughan, Santana, ZZ Top, and Stephen Stills again (along with quite a few others on that lengthy list), but it would suck
if none of those artists/bands performed on the night I chose to attend and instead I was stuck seeing the likes of Jakob Dylan, Joe Bonamassa, The War On Drugs, and Vince Gill.... WTF?!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-21 03:51 by Hairball.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 21, 2023 04:16

Yeah, really--I've been trying to find out who is on which nights. Only clue is that Santana is listed on his site for both nights. That may not mean anything though. I'd love to see Santana, Stills, Buddy Guy and ZZ Top too. I think they'll mix 'em up but at those prices, not to tell us? Eee. I may or may not go depending on which tix show up tomorrow.

Thanks, Lien.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-04-21 04:22 by angee.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758Next
Current Page: 54 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home