Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 10, 2022 01:01

Start of the postponed segment of the European tour:

[www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: October 10, 2022 01:19

Eric is great

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2022 01:42

The Rolling Stones receive a Grammy Award
from guitarist Eric Clapton, London, 1986...........

ROCKMAN

Date: October 15, 2022 16:51

Postponed Italian and Swiss dates (9-14 October) finished.

Bologna first and second nights: 16 songs played
Milan: 15 songs played
Zurich: 14 songs played

…another incredible shrinking setlists.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 15, 2022 20:28

RisingStone

Is that irony?

To me it just looks like being the usual thing by current Clapton's standard.

He's in his 70's and not in good shape so I would focus on his performing level more than about his "incredible shrinking setlists"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-15 20:29 by ds1984.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 15, 2022 22:17

RisingStone

setlist.fm says: 'Note: Setlist incomplete. Technical problems during Layla. Tears in Heaven on the setlist, not played'

Finally a show without 'Tears in Heaven'!

Date: October 15, 2022 23:34

ds1984
RisingStone

Is that irony?

To me it just looks like being the usual thing by current Clapton's standard.

He's in his 70's and not in good shape so I would focus on his performing level more than about his "incredible shrinking setlists"

As his performing level has been dropping with aging, and the awestruck moment less frequent, I’d rather he will make up for it by renovating the setlist.

I wouldn’t complain that he keeps some of the most famous, iconic tunes even if they are ‘warhorses’ and have been played to death, e.g. Sheriff, Layla (electric version preferred but anyway), Tears In Heaven, Crossroads, Wonderful Tonight, Cocaine etc. After all, these songs are what the majority of the audience, i.e. casual fans in other words, want to hear (sounds familiar, eh?). But Key To The Highway, Hoochie Coochie Man, Nobody Knows You…they are not even hits, and he has kept them in the setlist for ages, over the twenty years or so. I’ve had enough of these. Thankfully, Little Queen Of Spades, the looooong blues extravaganza for showcasing the members’ solos, was finally retired this time.

Oh, and High Time We Went — a newcomer to the warhorse club — even the casual fans are baffled why Eric leaves his colleague to sing the only encore number of the evening (which has been going this way for nine years).

[N.B. I don’t think the Zurich setlist on setlist.fm is ‘incomplete’ in the sense of the total songs actually played onstage. It must mean the dropping of Tears In Heaven on the spot due to technical problems.]

Date: December 22, 2022 00:04

Budokan 2023 residency confirmed: 15, 18, 19, 21, 22 and 24 April

[hochi.news] (text in Japanese)

The 21st will be his one hundredth Budokan show (unless another show is added before this date). This also makes Clapton the first ever foreign artist who achieves that status. He first played there on 31 October, 1974 (his Japanese debut).

He is already the most frequent foreign musician who has played the iconic venue (96 shows up to 20 April, 2019, his last Japanese performance so far). The second is Bryan Adams (24 shows), third Sting (22 shows).

FYR the Japanese stars who have graced the Budokan stage more times than Clapton are; 1. Eikichi Yazawa (rock singer, 149 shows) 2. Seiko Matsuda (pop singer, 121 shows) 3. Fumiya Fujii (pop singer, 109 shows).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-22 06:40 by RisingStone.

Date: December 22, 2022 03:34

On Where’s ERIC! News:

[www.whereseric.com]

“No other Japanese cities or additional dates in Tokyo will be added to the itinerary.”

Date: December 22, 2022 06:21

And finally, official announcement from promoter Udo Artists, Inc.
You can see all of the Tokyo show posters of Clapton’s 22 Japan tours 1974-2019.

[ericclapton2023.udo.jp]

(Their English instruction is crap — you’ve been warned.)

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: December 24, 2022 16:46

Eric just announced a New Year's Eve Show in Woking, England.

Date: December 24, 2022 18:14

fzv98d

Yep. The first time in ten years (last time 2012). This time in memory of the late Gary Brooker.

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 24, 2022 21:25

I've never been to Japan in April.

I have seen EC shows in Japan in November and early December. A beautiful time to visit Japan.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: December 24, 2022 23:31

The warm up band is called Tumblin Dice

Date: December 25, 2022 04:08

1cdog

I have seen EC shows in Japan in November and early December. A beautiful time to visit Japan.

What years did you see Eric in Japan?

He toured Japan 22 times between 1974 and 2019, and I caught every tour, multiple shows on most of the times.

Up to 2011 (his 19th tour over there), Eric played Japan routinely within the timeframe of September-December (i.e. Autumn/early Winter) with the only exception of 2009 which saw him visit Japan in February. The Japanese EC fans started to call it “Clapton’s Autumn” from who-knows-when. The last three tours, however, happened in Spring — February in 2014 and April in 2016 and 2019. Eric may be more attracted to cherry blossoms these days than autumn leaves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-25 13:05 by RisingStone.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 26, 2022 18:02

RisingStone
fzv98d

Yep. The first time in ten years (last time 2012). This time in memory of the late Gary Brooker.

[www.whereseric.com]

These are his famous - or shall, we say infamous! - New Years Eve shows’ where no alcohol is permitted! Still, there’s pubs nearby, one would imagine.

Date: December 26, 2022 22:56

RisingStone
1cdog

He toured Japan 22 times between 1974 and 2019, and I caught every tour, multiple shows on most of the times.

Up to 2011 (his 19th tour over there), Eric played Japan routinely within the timeframe of September-December (i.e. Autumn/early Winter) with the only exception of 2009 which saw him visit Japan in February. The Japanese EC fans started to call it “Clapton’s Autumn” from who-knows-when. The last three tours, however, happened in Spring — February in 2014 and April in 2016 and 2019. Eric may be more attracted to cherry blossoms these days than autumn leaves.

The last EC shows I saw at the Budokan were in 2003. I saw 4 shows that tour at the Budokan. One show was Nov. and the other 3 were Dec.

If EC was going to do Spring shows I really wish the show were a month earlier in March so I could attend the Spring Sumo basho as well.

Yes the Cherry Blossoms. Japan's gift to Washington, DC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-26 22:58 by 1cdog.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: December 26, 2022 23:08

Big Al
RisingStone
fzv98d

[www.whereseric.com]

These are his famous - or shall, we say infamous! - New Years Eve shows’ where no alcohol is permitted! Still, there’s pubs nearby, one would imagine.

Finally i know where to get a ticket to the gig. Sadly at a point I can't afford to go!!

Date: December 27, 2022 00:58

1cdog
RisingStone
1cdog

The last EC shows I saw at the Budokan were in 2003. I saw 4 shows that tour at the Budokan. One show was Nov. and the other 3 were Dec.

If EC was going to do Spring shows I really wish the show were a month earlier in March so I could attend the Spring Sumo basho as well.

Yes the Cherry Blossoms. Japan's gift to Washington, DC.

Eric’s Budokan residency in 2003 was 29, 30 November and 2, 3, 9, 10, 12, 13 December. I attended the 9th and 10th. Our path may have crossed somewhere. Good shows they were.

You put “The last EC shows I saw at the Budokan” — seemingly you have seen him there another time.

Although not publicly announced, Eric was to play the Budokan in March this year only to be cancelled due to the restrictions related to COVID. Missed opportunity for you, unfortunately.

Date: February 14, 2023 04:03

On 11th of February, Eric Clapton performed at Transatlantic Sessions-concert as a surprise guest at Royal Festival Hall in London.

EC performed "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and an old Irish song called "Sam Hall" in memory of Jeff Beck with Jerry Douglas.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 15, 2023 19:07

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2023......

Date: February 15, 2023 22:01

1cdog

As of now, there’s no official information around.

[www.crossroadsguitarfestival2022.com]

Why “2022” in the URL anyway?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 15, 2023 23:05

1cdog

Garbage link from a ticket broker. Bet if you check hard you will find links for the Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd 2023 links too.

Date: March 26, 2023 06:24

Latest interview:

[www.youtube.com]

Very long (46mins) and interesting contents. Tons of new information. Absolute must see.

“A festival in Autumn” is mentioned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-03-26 06:27 by RisingStone.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 26, 2023 18:32

I skimmed through. Interesting when he talks about music and musicians, such as his discussion of how Jeff Beck used his right hand. His interest in an alleged presidential run by Bobby Kennedy Jr. —- OMG.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: March 26, 2023 19:24

RisingStone
Latest interview:

[www.youtube.com]

Very long (46mins) and interesting contents. Tons of new information. Absolute must see.

“A festival in Autumn” is mentioned.

@ RisingStone
Many thanks for posting this. Great interview.
As you said above with alot of new information.
EC is very honest about himelf here and I really love how he spoke about Jeff.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 26, 2023 20:28

Thank you for posting, RisingStone!

It’s great to hear Eric just rambling and conversing freestyle.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 27, 2023 01:07

Eric interviews are always interesting ....
Agree with his film comments ....

ROCKMAN

Date: March 27, 2023 16:19

Five North American shows in September announced:

[www.whereseric.com]

This is a mini tour, folks.

Date: March 28, 2023 04:01

It has occurred to me — another Crossroads Festival may happen around these North American dates.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home