Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 23, 2022 19:53

I don't know. I'm pretty addicted to attractive, powerful, talented women.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 23, 2022 20:15

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero
Clapton probably can do without those people anyway.. and feel at ease.

Yep. Nothing's funnier for a performer than to play to empty seats.

- Doxa

Pretty cynical talk here. I don’t think we are talking about many people. The vast majority can differenciate between music and personal political opinions.

Actually its quite a few. In past years I would be there along with a couple other tapers and a whole group of friends. Not a single one of us went. There is a difference between political views and actually funding such causes. Personally I am not giving him my money to support political causes I abhor. No he doesn't need my money but I don't need to support him either. I would rather go see artists I like that have more progressive views.

OMG, you're still on about this? Jesus Christ, give it up. So Clapton and some others felt it was important not to be a slave to the overreaction to the media hype on covid, and promote going out, living your life normally, no masks, no lockdowns -- which btw, in the end, he was right! Masks are useless and lockdowns didn't really prevent much, in the end everyone got it anyway.

I'm sure he's that concerned that you weren't there taping his show! "This guy that spends his life going around to shows and taping them, might no longer attend my shows -- oh no!!" LOL. You're no doubt taping shows of bands that promote drug use, have sex w/ underage girls, drink themselves 1/2 to death, etc. The Stones alone, heroine addicts, alcoholics, dating 13-year olds, etc.

But at least you have your morals, you get credit for that!

Lol. Just explaining why I am not going and NONE of my friends who always went are going. That you are offended by my decision means I am doing it right. You are actually too ignorant to understand my point, but whatever. BTW who is a heroine addict? [www.google.com]. Not sure anyone on here is addicted to Sasha or Lisa.

LOL, I'm not offended, I am amazed and amused by it ... you're so over-the-top with your covid judgmental opinions/requirements that you let your affect the rest of your life. Good luck w/ that!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 23, 2022 20:20

LeonidP
StonedRambler
LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Pretty cynical talk here. I don’t think we are talking about many people. The vast majority can differenciate between music and personal political opinions.

Actually its quite a few. In past years I would be there along with a couple other tapers and a whole group of friends. Not a single one of us went. There is a difference between political views and actually funding such causes. Personally I am not giving him my money to support political causes I abhor. No he doesn't need my money but I don't need to support him either. I would rather go see artists I like that have more progressive views.

OMG, you're still on about this? Jesus Christ, give it up. So Clapton and some others felt it was important not to be a slave to the overreaction to the media hype on covid, and promote going out, living your life normally, no masks, no lockdowns -- which btw, in the end, he was right! Masks are useless and lockdowns didn't really prevent much, in the end everyone got it anyway.

I'm sure he's that concerned that you weren't there taping his show! "This guy that spends his life going around to shows and taping them, might no longer attend my shows -- oh no!!" LOL. You're no doubt taping shows of bands that promote drug use, have sex w/ underage girls, drink themselves 1/2 to death, etc. The Stones alone, heroine addicts, alcoholics, dating 13-year olds, etc.

Having own views is totally fine and okay but Clapton was at a point where he catched up on fake news from Telegram guys (like take Vitamin D supplements and go into the sun, then Covid can't do you harm) and spread shit like comparing masks to slavery and so on.

Again, he's following bands that had heroine addicts -- there was tons of news out there, some fell victim to fake news perhaps. There's no obvious way to know the fake from the real anyway, was it really that bad that some fell for it, if they were fake? There's also fake news out there that G Bush was behind 9-11, but still, I know some that believe it religiously. I know its fake, they don't.

Well I guess I don't have anything left to answer. If you state "there's no obvious way to know the fake from the real anyway" you legitimize all the people out there who spread fake news and those who propagate against facts.

As for Eric: I have been a lifelong fan and this whole thing definitely ruined him for me. I won't spend any money to go to a concert of him again. Thank god the Stones are smarter than this.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 20:22 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 23, 2022 23:09

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Lol. Just explaining why I am not going and NONE of my friends who always went are going. That you are offended by my decision means I am doing it right. You are actually too ignorant to understand my point, but whatever. BTW who is a heroine addict? [www.google.com]. Not sure anyone on here is addicted to Sasha or Lisa.

LOL, I'm not offended, I am amazed and amused by it ... you're so over-the-top with your covid judgmental opinions/requirements that you let your affect the rest of your life. Good luck w/ that!

Yeah, it has really affected my life lol. Going to see live music multiple times a week and traveling with all my shots but not going to spend money going to see Clapton is really rough. Besides being a pro-covid advocate not getting the sense that you are really living life. Much more rewarding bring me IMHO.

And yes, totally agree with you StonedRambler. Some people/fools just don't get it.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 24, 2022 04:05

LeonidP

Masks are useful and effective. Without lockdowns in the realms where they were needed, the damages would have been far worse. It’s too soon to conclude that in the end everyone will get covid.

I am a big fan of Eric Clapton. I have seen him live across 7 countries, more than 100 times over 48 years.

That being said, his anti-lockdown and vaccine-skeptic bias (it’s beyond “attitude”) drawn from his anecdotal evidence as well as being misled by a conspiracy theorist is simply harmful.

I still go see his show. As a longtime fan of Clapton the musician, I want to watch his musical activities till the end of his career.

Whether I support his views and attitudes outside music is another matter, though.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 24, 2022 04:16

ROCKMAN

Date: September 24, 2022 04:28

“Wisdom, experience, sadness, loneliness” — has he learned enough of them to understand the people and the society?

Date: September 24, 2022 04:59

Freddie King .................... Eric Clapton

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 24, 2022 05:54

RisingStone
LeonidP

Masks are useful and effective. Without lockdowns in the realms where they were needed, the damages would have been far worse. It’s too soon to conclude that in the end everyone will get covid.

I am a big fan of Eric Clapton. I have seen him live across 7 countries, more than 100 times over 48 years.

That being said, his anti-lockdown and vaccine-skeptic bias (it’s beyond “attitude”) drawn from his anecdotal evidence as well as being misled by a conspiracy theorist is simply harmful.

I still go see his show. As a longtime fan of Clapton the musician, I want to watch his musical activities till the end of his career.

Whether I support his views and attitudes outside music is another matter, though.

Very well said.

Date: September 24, 2022 21:33

RisingStone
Masks are useful and effective...

No, they are not.

RisingStone
... Without lockdowns in the realms where they were needed, the damages would have been far worse...
The damage was pretty immense because of lockdowns, of which it may take many years to recover.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 24, 2022 22:49

LeonidP
RisingStone

No, they are not. THEY AREN'T PERFECT, BUT HELP STOP THE SPREAD

RisingStone
... Without lockdowns in the realms where they were needed, the damages would have been far worse...
The damage was pretty immense because of lockdowns, of which it may take many years to recover.
IF YOU PUT PROFIT BEFORE LIVES

SC UK

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:33

The world is complex. Masks and the lockdowns did limit the spread of infection. The lockdowns also hurt the global economy. Of course, a full-blown plague would also hurt the global economy. The vaccines saved lives. The vaccines also had side effects for some and maybe everyone eventually. Life is choices. When you have two outcomes with negative results, you try your best to choose the lesser.

Talented authors, musicians, poets, film-makers whose work touches the hearts of millions are also flawed people who make bad decisions. They're sometimes predatory, abusive, racist, fascist, etc. It doesn't take away their talent or why their work crossed lines and reached people they could never, as flawed individuals, impact. That's true of Clapton, The Stones, Roger Waters, Pete Townshend, Woody Allen, and on and on.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:53

NashvilleBlues
I don't know. I'm pretty addicted to attractive, powerful, talented women.
Lol comment of the thread

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 24, 2022 23:56

Rocky Dijon
The world is complex. Masks and the lockdowns did limit the spread of infection. The lockdowns also hurt the global economy. Of course, a full-blown plague would also hurt the global economy. The vaccines saved lives. The vaccines also had side effects for some and maybe everyone eventually. Life is choices. When you have two outcomes with negative results, you try your best to choose the lesser.

Talented authors, musicians, poets, film-makers whose work touches the hearts of millions are also flawed people who make bad decisions. They're sometimes predatory, abusive, racist, fascist, etc. It doesn't take away their talent or why their work crossed lines and reached people they could never, as flawed individuals, impact. That's true of Clapton, The Stones, Roger Waters, Pete Townshend, Woody Allen, and on and on.

While for Clapton we could still debate about that, Roger Waters is not just "flawed". He suddenly talks in favour of autocratic countries, spreads propaganda for Russia and China.

Date: September 25, 2022 00:13

LeonidP
RisingStone

No, they are not.

This website’s organizer bv is an ardent supporter of face masks. In one of his posts, he states, “I wear a mask at all risk places like hotels, public transportation, breakfast areas, elevators, airports, trains, any places where I am in close contact with many people for more than just a few seconds.” If face masks are not effective, how could he manage to cut his way through his three months’ trip of America and two months’ trip of Europe under the pandemic, following the Stones, moving from one place to another on the planes and trains, rubbing shoulders in the pit crowd, while some people (i.e. non-maskers) reported their covid infection after attending just one or two shows or a pre-show event?

LeonidP
RisingStone

The multitudes of people whose health severely impaired, not a few of them having to live with long covid, some dying, as the outcome of not choosing lockdowns at the crucial point, would have resulted in a far, far more disastrous damage to the society, not only economically but also in life in general.

Date: September 25, 2022 00:26

ROCKMAN

Date: September 25, 2022 00:44

RisingStone

This website’s organizer bv is an ardent supporter of face masks. In one of his posts, he states, “I wear a mask at all risk places like hotels, public transportation, breakfast areas, elevators, airports, trains, any places where I am in close contact with many people for more than just a few seconds.” If face masks are not effective, how could he manage to cut his way through his three months’ trip of America and two months’ trip of Europe under the pandemic, following the Stones, moving from one place to another on the planes and trains, rubbing shoulders in the pit crowd, while some people (i.e. non-maskers) reported their covid infection after attending just one or two shows or a pre-show event?

Huh? ... Many don't wear masks (including me) and go everywhere with no effects. Furthermore, many have worn masks and still caught it and had bad effects. You're taking 1 case and assuming that applies to everyone?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 25, 2022 00:58

Rocky Dijon

well said

it's sad that it's often some of the most troubled people who are the ones most gifted

Date: September 25, 2022 01:01

RisingStone
LeonidP
RisingStone

No, they are not.

LeonidP
RisingStone

The multitudes of people whose health severely impaired, not a few of them having to live with long covid, some dying, as the outcome of not choosing lockdowns at the crucial point, would have resulted in a far, far more disastrous damage to the society, not only economically but also in life in general.

Totally disagree, sorry. I know people that have been affected to such a great degree by the paranoia that they will never recover. A co-working, 30 years of age, is so paranoid that he's been out of his house "3 TIMES", he told me recently -- and all 3 were to go to his girlfriend's parents house where they sat outside, 10 feet apart, wearing masks. He doesn't go out to shop, he has it all delivered. He gets his mail with gloves, and puts it in a "covid room" for 24 hours, then brushes it down with something (can't remember what), before he even opens it. He even told me recently he got some add-on to his home AC Unit that supposedly kills the covid virus, for $900, and has to change the filter once/month at whatever cost that is.

We had a colleague marry recently, she tried to get him to go to the wedding. "Is it outdoors?" No. "Are masks required?" No. He refused to go. We had a blast without him.

Is this worth it? And, yes, he's obviously very extreme but there's many others out there similar, I know a few others, not quite as bad ... and see evidence of similar on this postboard. Anyway, he's now wasted 3 years of his life, in my opinion. Oh, btw, he was planning to marry before the pandemic hit, we were all to be invited ... he put it off for a year, then after he decided it wasn't going away, they have cancelled it indefinitely!!

He was obsessed w cruises. He was going on 2 or 3 a year. He hasn't been on one since!

Economics is a HUGE part of what lockdowns caused, but some people also are going to take years to recover.

Date: September 25, 2022 01:47

Most likely you go your way (and I’ll go mine).

May the virus be with you.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: September 25, 2022 02:12

LeonidP
RisingStone
LeonidP
RisingStone

No, they are not.

LeonidP
RisingStone

Totally disagree, sorry. I know people that have been affected to such a great degree by the paranoia that they will never recover. A co-working, 30 years of age, is so paranoid that he's been out of his house "3 TIMES", he told me recently -- and all 3 were to go to his girlfriend's parents house where they sat outside, 10 feet apart, wearing masks. He doesn't go out to shop, he has it all delivered. He gets his mail with gloves, and puts it in a "covid room" for 24 hours, then brushes it down with something (can't remember what), before he even opens it. He even told me recently he got some add-on to his home AC Unit that supposedly kills the covid virus, for $900, and has to change the filter once/month at whatever cost that is.

We had a colleague marry recently, she tried to get him to go to the wedding. "Is it outdoors?" No. "Are masks required?" No. He refused to go. We had a blast without him.

Is this worth it? And, yes, he's obviously very extreme but there's many others out there similar, I know a few others, not quite as bad ... and see evidence of similar on this postboard. Anyway, he's now wasted 3 years of his life, in my opinion. Oh, btw, he was planning to marry before the pandemic hit, we were all to be invited ... he put it off for a year, then after he decided it wasn't going away, they have cancelled it indefinitely!!

He was obsessed w cruises. He was going on 2 or 3 a year. He hasn't been on one since!

Economics is a HUGE part of what lockdowns caused, but some people also are going to take years to recover.

Your thoughts are totally unlogical. Out of touch with reality. Sorry.

Lack of masks and lockdowns would lead to a lot more people dying. That is a fact.

So what you are trying to imply is that more deaths would SURELY make your friends enjoy their lives more, RIGHT.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 25, 2022 03:03

While masks are not a cure all, they play an important part in the pursuit of
stopping the pandemic. Inconvenient and annoying, but they very likely saved lots of lives. The lockdown was tough, but necessary.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 25, 2022 04:29

ok people it's been 3 f-cking years your not gonna convince anybody at this point to take your view on masks and lockdowns one way or another

we've all heard everybody's talking points over and over again

everybody's mind is made up there not budging

can we just talk about the stones and clapton before bv shuts this thread down

Date: September 25, 2022 13:51

Physical fanzine Where’s ERIC! No.50 out now. In the preface, editor Tony Edser mentions, “Then Japan, 6 nights at the Budokan in April currently being discussed.”

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 25, 2022 15:09

ProfessorWolf
ok people it's been 3 f-cking years your not gonna convince anybody at this point to take your view on masks and lockdowns one way or another

we've all heard everybody's talking points over and over again

everybody's mind is made up there not budging

can we just talk about the stones and clapton before bv shuts this thread down

Well said, that man! thumbs up

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: September 25, 2022 15:30

Had a free ticket to see Clapton in Nashville last fall. I went and was honestly surprised at how good it was. Classic creamy tone, powerful voice, amazing band.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: October 1, 2022 18:04

how many volumes will there be and there will also be one with the vinyl live or not THE COMPLETE REPRISE STUDIO ALBUMS

Date: October 2, 2022 03:52

Robben Ford supports Clapton on his postponed three Italian dates in October.

[www.whereseric.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-02 11:48 by RisingStone.

Date: October 7, 2022 18:12

Just to let folks know, on the Exile On Main Street thread, a discussion on the Me And Mr. Johnson album in correlation with EOMS has been going on between yours truly and a few other posters [on pp. 15-16].

[iorr.org]

Date: October 8, 2022 14:10

New information revealed: the iconic b&w cover picture of the Slowhand album, EC playing “Blackie”, taken by Japanese rock photographer Wataru Asanuma, was originally from the Newcastle City Hall show, 24 April, 1977, with background edited out, not from a studio photo shoot as many fans had a guess at.

Asanuma lived in London between 1971 and 1983 and took photos of many rockers as a correspondent for the Music Life magazine. He has published a photo book, The Golden Years Of British Rock on 5 October. In commemoration of the publication, the photo exhibition is being held in Tokyo and then in Osaka.

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

[N.B. Text is in Japanese. Note the photo credit has his first name spelt “Watal” — presumably Asanuma used it for business purpose when he lived in Britain.]

Also:

[www-nikkansports-com.translate.goog]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-10 18:39 by RisingStone.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1223
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home