Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 8, 2022 15:23

Sound like an autobiographical song.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 8, 2022 21:15

daspyknows

my thoughts as wellgrinning smiley

still musically better then last year

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: July 8, 2022 22:01

ProfessorWolf
daspyknows

my thoughts as wellgrinning smiley

still musically better then last year

By understanding your own deficiencies you can work on improving. He probably thinks the song is about him, doesn't he?

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 2, 2022 20:05

Pompous fool now has video !, scroll to bottom of link for youtube

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2022 01:49

ukcal
Pompous fool now has video !, scroll to bottom of link for youtube

[www.whereseric.com]

"The album artwork comes from a set of Tarot cards made by Martin Sharp in 1967, altered to create the cover art.
Sharp was a roommate of Clapton’s and created the cover art for Cream’s “Disraeli Gears” and co-wrote “Tale of Brave Ulysses.”'

Album Art: Street of Dreams Martin Sharp Ltd

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 10, 2022 02:49

Date: September 13, 2022 18:12

Heard that at the United Center they closed the upper level and relocated people as the sales were sloowwww.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 15, 2022 07:22

daspyknows
Heard that at the United Center they closed the upper level and relocated people as the sales were sloowwww.

True that. I’m in NYC for a few days. Clapton is one of my wife’s favorites, so I’ve been tracking prices for the 9/19 MSG date. Saw a few minutes ago that most of the lowers priced at $251 had been dropped to $128. Saw some we liked and pulled the trigger.

Two nights in Chicago, another 2 at MSG…EC appears to have overplayed his hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-15 07:26 by jmd.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: September 15, 2022 14:01

He was great in Detroit. Here is my video:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-16 01:36 by fzv98d.

Posted by: mick64 ()
Date: September 17, 2022 15:40

I haven't seen any promo video for THE COMPLETE REPRISE STUDIO ALBUMS – VOLUME 1
LIMITED EDITION 12-LP BOXED SET AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 30 there is not only the photo

Re: (OT) Eric Clapton's Health
Posted by: JHoover ()
Date: September 17, 2022 21:00

Eric looks fine Keith hasn't looked in years yet there he is playing as fine as ever

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 18, 2022 19:18

Going to MSG tonight.
Does Jimmy Vaughn open the show or is he just part of Eric's band?
thx

Date: September 18, 2022 21:59

spikenyc
Going to MSG tonight.
Does Jimmy Vaughn open the show or is he just part of Eric's band?
thx

Jimmy Vaughan opens the show as the support act and usually joins Eric’s band during the encore.

[www.whereseric.com]

Date: September 20, 2022 15:17

Clapton’s US tour started on 8 September, the day of Her Majesty’s demise, and finished on 19 September, the day of her state funeral. According to an eyewitness report, on the final show at the MSG, he took the stage in black suits and tie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-21 03:40 by RisingStone.

Date: September 21, 2022 16:35

jmd, spikenyc — how did the show go down? And how big (or small) was the turnout on each night?

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: September 21, 2022 19:49

RisingStone
jmd, spikenyc — how did the show go down? And how big (or small) was the turnout on each night?

It wasnt sold out and there were lots of cheap tickets available on the secondary market. I actually got in for free.
Moderate size crowd with lots of empty seats in the upper level.
I was able to sit first row lower level off the floor on the side of the stage.

They really didnt adverstise the show so much here in NYC and I also think EC lost some of his fan base becasue of his covid vaccine opinions, so that could also explain the turnout.

The show was good, not great.
Talented musicians playing good music.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 21, 2022 20:22

RisingStone

I was there Monday. Would guess MSG was 60-70% full; lots of visible empty seats in 200 upper level and many unsold seats in 100 level. I looked closely at intermission after Jimmy Vaughan and there were sections on the floor where every other row was empty. Not sure if EC’s antivax views have turned off some fans or it’s just boomers aren’t buying tickets like they did pre-COVID. The prices likely didn’t help; I waited until the lowers were marked down from $251 to $128 to buy last week.

I enjoyed the show. Typical EC concert these days with opening and close on electric and an acoustic 5-6 song set midway through. Was happy to see Doyle Bramhall III on guitar as part of band. Have seen EC without a second guitar in 2017 and the shows aren’t as good. Rest of band was excellent as usual.

Date: September 21, 2022 21:35

Many thanks for the MSG reports, spikenyc and jmd. You saw Sunday and Monday, respectively.

Sounds like both nights left a sufficient number of seats empty. Team Eric should have booked ‘just one night’ for Chicago and New York, and given a chance to another couple of cities. The days he played to a houseful of audience in a big arena for multiple nights seem to be the things of the past. And his anti-lockdown as well as vaccine-skeptic stance doesn’t help, either.

Hopefully this won’t be a sad end to this great talent and his career.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 21, 2022 21:42

RisingStone
Many thanks for the MSG reports, spikenyc and jmd. You saw Sunday and Monday, respectively.

Sounds like both nights left a sufficient number of seats empty. Team Eric should have booked ‘just one night’ for Chicago and New York, and given a chance to another couple of cities. The days he played to a houseful of audience in a big arena for multiple nights seem to be the things of the past. And his anti-lockdown as well as vaccine-skeptic stance doesn’t help, either.

Hopefully this won’t be a sad end to this great talent and his career.

Ziggo Dome (Amsterdam, 17.000 capacity) looked pretty full on both shows in June 2022 (as I wrote in this thread somewhere about the frist of these shows was rather dissappointing while the second one was much better but not outstanding)

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: September 21, 2022 21:43

Clapton probably can do without those people anyway.. and feel at ease.
Looking forward to the show in Zurich next month!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 21, 2022 23:11

calipachangero

Yep. Nothing's funnier for a performer than to play to empty seats.

- Doxa

Date: September 22, 2022 14:00

Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Pretty cynical talk here. I don’t think we are talking about many people. The vast majority can differenciate between music and personal political opinions.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 22, 2022 14:01

Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa
Ouch drilling down to the core . I agree as it's always about the bottom line $ .

Date: September 23, 2022 08:07

calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Pretty cynical talk here. I don’t think we are talking about many people. The vast majority can differenciate between music and personal political opinions.

Actually its quite a few. In past years I would be there along with a couple other tapers and a whole group of friends. Not a single one of us went. There is a difference between political views and actually funding such causes. Personally I am not giving him my money to support political causes I abhor. No he doesn't need my money but I don't need to support him either. I would rather go see artists I like that have more progressive views.

Date: September 23, 2022 10:27

Fair enough, though I can't see that out of an arena with full capacity of say 12k there are more than maybe 10% who won't go. Far from empty seats.

Date: September 23, 2022 15:23

calipachangero
Fair enough, though I can't see that out of an arena with full capacity of say 12k there are more than maybe 10% who won't go. Far from empty seats.

According to the posters upthread, both nights of Chicago saw less than half turnouts and MSG second night 60-70% full. MSG first night presumably similar. Far from full if not empty.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:19

daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Actually its quite a few. In past years I would be there along with a couple other tapers and a whole group of friends. Not a single one of us went. There is a difference between political views and actually funding such causes. Personally I am not giving him my money to support political causes I abhor. No he doesn't need my money but I don't need to support him either. I would rather go see artists I like that have more progressive views.

OMG, you're still on about this? Jesus Christ, give it up. So Clapton and some others felt it was important not to be a slave to the overreaction to the media hype on covid, and promote going out, living your life normally, no masks, no lockdowns -- which btw, in the end, he was right! Masks are useless and lockdowns didn't really prevent much, in the end everyone got it anyway.

I'm sure he's that concerned that you weren't there taping his show! "This guy that spends his life going around to shows and taping them, might no longer attend my shows -- oh no!!" LOL. You're no doubt taping shows of bands that promote drug use, have sex w/ underage girls, drink themselves 1/2 to death, etc. The Stones alone, heroine addicts, alcoholics, dating 13-year olds, etc.

But at least you have your morals, you get credit for that!

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:33

LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

OMG, you're still on about this? Jesus Christ, give it up. So Clapton and some others felt it was important not to be a slave to the overreaction to the media hype on covid, and promote going out, living your life normally, no masks, no lockdowns -- which btw, in the end, he was right! Masks are useless and lockdowns didn't really prevent much, in the end everyone got it anyway.

I'm sure he's that concerned that you weren't there taping his show! "This guy that spends his life going around to shows and taping them, might no longer attend my shows -- oh no!!" LOL. You're no doubt taping shows of bands that promote drug use, have sex w/ underage girls, drink themselves 1/2 to death, etc. The Stones alone, heroine addicts, alcoholics, dating 13-year olds, etc.

Having own views is totally fine and okay but Clapton was at a point where he catched up on fake news from Telegram guys (like take Vitamin D supplements and go into the sun, then Covid can't do you harm) and spread shit like comparing masks to slavery and so on.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 23, 2022 16:45

StonedRambler
LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Having own views is totally fine and okay but Clapton was at a point where he catched up on fake news from Telegram guys (like take Vitamin D supplements and go into the sun, then Covid can't do you harm) and spread shit like comparing masks to slavery and so on.

Again, he's following bands that had heroine addicts -- there was tons of news out there, some fell victim to fake news perhaps. There's no obvious way to know the fake from the real anyway, was it really that bad that some fell for it, if they were fake? There's also fake news out there that G Bush was behind 9-11, but still, I know some that believe it religiously. I know its fake, they don't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-09-23 16:47 by LeonidP.

Date: September 23, 2022 19:36

LeonidP
daspyknows
calipachangero
Doxa
calipachangero

- Doxa

Lol. Just explaining why I am not going and NONE of my friends who always went are going. That you are offended by my decision means I am doing it right. You are actually too ignorant to understand my point, but whatever. BTW who is a heroine addict? [www.google.com]. Not sure anyone on here is addicted to Sasha or Lisa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home