Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 26, 2022 16:56

Speaking of that...

According to the very trustable insider (i.e. the promoter) information, a booking of Eric’s tour of Japan in March had been in process only to be aborted due to the COVID-related restrictions.

These shows were to include his 100th Budokan show, which would have made Eric the first ever foreign musician who achieves that status — he has played the venue 96 times in total between 1974 and 2019.

Seemingly his imminent one-off performance in Bahrain on March 19 was originally part of the bigger itinerary, penciled in on his way to or from Japan.

Date: February 26, 2022 19:05

If he has guts he plays everywhere. Music is a language that everybody understands, men and women. Maybe he should do it for free or cheap tickets though. In certain countries where Clapton's fans suffer from inflation or are just poor. Cancelling doesn't smoke the evil out. The world just doesn't work that way.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 27, 2022 17:55

Posting politics on IORR = delete post + possibly delete user.

Bjornulf

Date: March 17, 2022 18:35

Helsinki show indefinitely postponed — new date unconfirmed.
A Finnish fan informed in English to the German Clapton forum: [www.clapton.de]
Go to the post dated 6 March.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 17, 2022 18:45

My guess is they will indeed try to move the sold out Helsinki show to Tampere.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: March 17, 2022 18:53

Its 17th June which means Eric can now support the stones,!

17th JUne Wankdorf Stadium BERN, SWITZERLAND

Date: March 20, 2022 02:00

Setlist from Bahrain: [www.whereseric.com]

Just another night rather than just one night.

Date: March 31, 2022 22:48

Finnish show confirmed — same date, different city and venue.

[www.whereseric.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 22:52 by RisingStone.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 31, 2022 23:32

sure this clip is old ... I never saw it before today

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-03-31 23:34 by schillid.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: April 21, 2022 15:38

Vienna concert cancelled -- [www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: April 21, 2022 16:08

Milan
Vienna concert cancelled -- [www.whereseric.com]

slow ticket sales?

Date: May 1, 2022 07:12

Nothing But The Blues, Martin Scorsese’s legendary documentary that was broadcasted on TV only once and then shelved, will be officially released.

Japan preceding info, again — sorry all in Japanese, use deepl.com for translation:

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-01 07:16 by RisingStone.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: May 1, 2022 15:00

RisingStone
Nothing But The Blues, Martin Scorsese’s legendary documentary that was broadcasted on TV only once and then shelved, will be officially released.

Japan preceding info, again — sorry all in Japanese, use deepl.com for translation:

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

Nice to see this as official release finally!!

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: May 1, 2022 15:21

Totally agree. The NBTB tour (1994-1995) is a highlight in Calpton's career after the lackluster 80's.

You wish the Stones did the same, getting back to their blues roots. We had to wait until 2016 with Blue and lonesome.

Date: May 1, 2022 16:09

Mabru
RisingStone

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

Nice to see this as official release finally!!

see: [www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=52OL0AA5HCSN&sprefix=eric+clapton+nothing+but+the+blues%2Caps%2C73&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Date: May 3, 2022 19:50

More info (in English):

[www.white-light.tv]

…and some speculation (or wishful thinking) that’s been going on:

[forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 3, 2022 20:49

RisingStone

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

I will download a free copy. I have a moratorium on any more of my money going to Clapton.

Date: May 3, 2022 21:26

daspyknows
RisingStone

[www.musiclifeclub.com]

I will download a free copy. I have a moratorium on any more of my money going to Clapton.

I know the feeling. I try to separate Clapton the musician from Clapton the social commentator, his anti-restriction and vaccine skeptic stances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-03 21:29 by RisingStone.

Date: May 7, 2022 02:34

Info on Where’s ERIC! Website:

[www.whereseric.com]

[N.B.For some reason or other, the Japanese info I linked is now withdrawn.]

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 7, 2022 05:29

Ordinarily, I would love to see Eric at the Ziggo Dome, in Amsterdam.
He's playing less than a week before the Rolling Stones show.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-07 05:30 by angee.

Date: May 7, 2022 07:43

angee
Ordinarily, I would love to see Eric at the Ziggo Dome, in Amsterdam.
He's playing less than a week before the Rolling Stones show.

Likewise. I had tickets for the RAH run but just couldn't do it. As it was the disappointment was missing NickMason in Croydon and Steel Pulse in Birmingham. Will do the Stones and others instead.

Date: May 7, 2022 19:35

Does anybody go to the RAH tonight and/or tomorrow?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2022 03:44

Would love to see Eric and the Stones work together again. He has that extra spark they don't have any longer. Together they make a great team at this point.

Posted by: HollywoodStone ()
Date: May 8, 2022 04:01

24FPS
Would love to see Eric and the Stones work together again. He has that extra spark they don't have any longer. Together they make a great team at this point.

I second this

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 8, 2022 05:03

RisingStone
Info on Where’s ERIC! Website:

[www.whereseric.com]

[N.B.For some reason or other, the Japanese info I linked is now withdrawn.]

That was a great tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2022 05:22

Sounds like it was an amazing show - looking forward to some videos. thumbs up

From Where's Eric!

EC Launches 2022 Tour With London Concert

ERIC - ROYAL ALBERT HALL

Eric Clapton launched his 2022 Tour with a concert at London's Royal Albert Hall on 7 May and will be back at the venue for a second performance on 8 May. Both shows are part of the Victorian-era venue's 150th anniversary season. EC has performed at the Hall more than 200 times since his debut on it's stage on 7 December 1964 when he was a part of The Yardbirds.

EC opened the sold-out concert with a cover of Gary Brooker's "Lead Me To The Water" while a photo of the Procol Harum founder was projected behind the stage. Gary, a long-time friend and colleague of EC's, passed away in February. "Lead Me To The Water" was recorded for Gary's 1982 solo album of the same name and featured George Harrison, Phil Collins, Albert Lee, Henry Spinetti and Chris Stainton in addition to EC.

The acoustic set had a special guest, Andy Fairweather Low. Andy first rose to prominence with Amen Corner in the sixties and forged a successful career as a solo artist and in-demand session player. In the early nineties, he joined EC’s band with which he stayed until 2003 touring and recording Eric's ‘Unplugged’, ‘From the Cradle’, ‘Pilgrim’, ‘Riding with the King’, ‘Reptile’, ‘One More Car One More Rider’, ‘Me & Mr. Johnson’ and ‘Back Home’ albums. He still works with EC on the road and in the studio. Andy and his band, The Low Riders, are support for the two Hall dates plus several upcoming European gigs.

In a surprising move and one that completely thrilled those in attendance, "Layla" was performed twice - first unplugged-style in the acoustic set and then again near the show in the second electric set as on the 1970 classic album, "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs."

EC's band for the tour is Nathan East (bass), Sonny Emory (drums), Doyle Bramhall (guitar/vocals), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Paul Carrack (organ / keyboards / vocals), Sharon White (vocals) and Katie Kissoon (vocals).

Eric Clapton Set List - 7 May 2022
01. Lead Me To The Water
02. Key To The Highway
03. Pilgrim
04. River Of Tears
05. I Shot The Sheriff
06. White Room
07. Heart Of A Child*
08. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out*
09. Smile*
10. Layla* (acoustic)
11. Tears In Heaven*
12. Badge
13. Wonderful Tonight
14. Crossroads
15. Little Queen of Spades
16. Layla (electric)
17. High Time We Went (encore)

*with special guest Andy Fairweather Low

Date: May 8, 2022 06:40

Sounds like a good show. Had tickets but didn't go. No regrets, I got to see Ben Harper at a local music festival and is was really fun.

Date: May 8, 2022 08:56

Hairball
Sounds like it was an amazing show - looking forward to some videos. thumbs up

From Where's Eric!

EC Launches 2022 Tour With London Concert

ERIC - ROYAL ALBERT HALL

Eric Clapton launched his 2022 Tour with a concert at London's Royal Albert Hall on 7 May and will be back at the venue for a second performance on 8 May. Both shows are part of the Victorian-era venue's 150th anniversary season. EC has performed at the Hall more than 200 times since his debut on it's stage on 7 December 1964 when he was a part of The Yardbirds.

EC opened the sold-out concert with a cover of Gary Brooker's "Lead Me To The Water" while a photo of the Procol Harum founder was projected behind the stage. Gary, a long-time friend and colleague of EC's, passed away in February. "Lead Me To The Water" was recorded for Gary's 1982 solo album of the same name and featured George Harrison, Phil Collins, Albert Lee, Henry Spinetti and Chris Stainton in addition to EC.

The acoustic set had a special guest, Andy Fairweather Low. Andy first rose to prominence with Amen Corner in the sixties and forged a successful career as a solo artist and in-demand session player. In the early nineties, he joined EC’s band with which he stayed until 2003 touring and recording Eric's ‘Unplugged’, ‘From the Cradle’, ‘Pilgrim’, ‘Riding with the King’, ‘Reptile’, ‘One More Car One More Rider’, ‘Me & Mr. Johnson’ and ‘Back Home’ albums. He still works with EC on the road and in the studio. Andy and his band, The Low Riders, are support for the two Hall dates plus several upcoming European gigs.

In a surprising move and one that completely thrilled those in attendance, "Layla" was performed twice - first unplugged-style in the acoustic set and then again near the show in the second electric set as on the 1970 classic album, "Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs."

EC's band for the tour is Nathan East (bass), Sonny Emory (drums), Doyle Bramhall (guitar/vocals), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Paul Carrack (organ / keyboards / vocals), Sharon White (vocals) and Katie Kissoon (vocals).

Eric Clapton Set List - 7 May 2022
01. Lead Me To The Water
02. Key To The Highway
03. Pilgrim
04. River Of Tears
05. I Shot The Sheriff
06. White Room
07. Heart Of A Child*
08. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out*
09. Smile*
10. Layla* (acoustic)
11. Tears In Heaven*
12. Badge
13. Wonderful Tonight
14. Crossroads
15. Little Queen of Spades
16. Layla (electric)
17. High Time We Went (encore)

*with special guest Andy Fairweather Low

the setlist sounds promising. I hope he keeps the electric Layla in the setlist.

Date: May 8, 2022 12:37

Okay…seemingly no one on this board attended the show last night. I actually did. I wanted to know how someone else reacted before posting my account. Here is my take.

The first electric set was simply incredible. Clapton and the band started the show with an unfamiliar song to me, what I thought was a possible new song, which surprised me — as well as the audience, perhaps — a lot. As reported on Where’s Eric! website, it turned out to be Lead Me To The Water, a Gary Brooker song and Eric’s tribute to his late friend. After Key To The Highway, we were treated to a couple of deep cuts from the semi-forgotten Pilgrim album and powerful one-two punch of Sheriff and White Room. Fantastic!

Then came the sit down set. Andy Fairweather Low who supported the show rejoining the ensemble, it looked promising. And they started playing — Heart Of A Child, the controversial anti-restriction song. It ruined my day. That was the moment things went downhill for me.

I couldn’t fully enjoy the show thereafter. The second electric set that was full of warhorses and so predictable didn’t help, either, even though there were moments of brilliance here and there in their play. Even the rarely played electric Layla didn’t save the day for me.

I left the venue with extremely mixed feelings.

Date: May 9, 2022 04:47

RAH night#2

I was “immunized” to that anti-restriction song on the first night, prepared for it to come so I could enjoy the show somehow.

On the other hand, performance-wise and in purely musical sense, last night was better. My personal gripe aside, Eric and the band’s play was impeccable on the first night. Tonight he seems to have lost some of the motivation to play, going through the motions from time to time. He cut short the solos of White Room and Layla, which I felt was frustrating as well as anticlimactic. Also the reaction of the crowd was better overall last night.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4142434445464748495051...LastNext
Current Page: 46 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home