Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 30, 2022 01:49

ROCKMAN

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 30, 2022 02:11

More Hot Rocks
shadooby
Keep rockin' E.C....you are one of the last of the greatest rock generation!

When was the last time EC rocked? Journeyman 1989?

The live DVD with Steve Windwood (2009) was pretty amazing.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 30, 2022 03:30

terraplane
More Hot Rocks
shadooby

thumbs up

Amazing tour - -my wife and I attended the Hollywood Bowl show.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 30, 2022 04:32

More Hot Rocks
shadooby

I'd say so, yes. I saw him live in 1992 and 2004, but I think 'Journeyman' was his last good rock album. Post 'Journeyman' I used to have 'From the Cradle', 'Pilgrim', 'Reptile', 'Me and Mr.Johnson', 'I Still Do' and a few others. Got rid of them all except for 'Journeyman'.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-04 20:33 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 30, 2022 04:53

Hairball
terraplane
More Hot Rocks
shadooby

thumbs up

Amazing tour - -my wife and I attended the Hollywood Bowl show.

I caught 18 of those and recorded 15. I had a Hollywood Bowl ticket but a work commitment got in the way. I thought the Europe 2010 shows were the best ones.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 3, 2022 16:11

GasLightStreet
I've never been under hypnosis to think of Clapton as whatever he thinks he is or hailed to be.

He's God to me and yousmoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 5, 2022 07:26

2000 LYFH
GasLightStreet
I've never been under hypnosis to think of Clapton as whatever he thinks he is or hailed to be.

I've seen Prince. He was God.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: February 14, 2022 16:34

Bahrain show announced.

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 16, 2022 19:04

GasLightStreet
2000 LYFH
GasLightStreet

I've seen Prince. He was God.

And with that post we have been officially "gaslighted"

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 17, 2022 00:13

Don't know why people are still going on about Clapton. He became boring quite some time ago. Regarding Prince, he could rock like hell and was a very good guitar player. I love him here in the tribute to George when he shows 'em how it should be done. A little arrogant display, yes, at the end with the idea "that's how it's done motherf*ckers" but gawd how he could play. I'll take Prince over Clapton any day.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: February 17, 2022 02:05

dmay
Don't know why people are still going on about Clapton. He became boring quite some time ago. Regarding Prince, he could rock like hell and was a very good guitar player. I love him here in the tribute to George when he shows 'em how it should be done. A little arrogant display, yes, at the end with the idea "that's how it's done motherf*ckers" but gawd how he could play. I'll take Prince over Clapton any day.

[www.youtube.com]

Aaaaaaaa to the men. This clip always destroys. And I love how he throws his guitar and walks off stage. Clapton couldn't conceive of that performance on his best day.

Date: February 17, 2022 06:31

floodonthepage
dmay

[www.youtube.com]

Aaaaaaaa to the men. This clip always destroys. And I love how he throws his guitar and walks off stage. Clapton couldn't conceive of that performance on his best day.

Prince is one-of-a-kind. In my estimation, he was the last great individual genius in the word’s traditional sense who emerged from the rock music at large. Back in the day, i.e. from the late 80’s to the early 90’s, I was quite a fan of him — saw him live eight times, in 1986-2002.

This historic one-off onstage presentation of the Beatles classic is another proof and a record of the late musician’s immeasurable talent as a guitarist and a performer with crushing swagger which is unmistakably his own.

That being said, it doesn’t diminish one bit the artistic value of Clapton’s iconic, emotional solo that shows his finesse to full — one of his greatest IMHO — he contributed to the Fab Four’s original version. Impressive as it is, Prince’s delivery here is more about pyrotechnics, a fretboard acrobatics almost to the extent of exhibitionism. In terms of artistry, Clapton wins in my view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-17 07:14 by RisingStone.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 17, 2022 13:17

dmay

[www.youtube.com]
What would have been super cool would have been an old fashioned guitar slingers dual between EC and Prince . Talk about fretboard pyro and fireworks . That would have been fun and a challenge to EC and I can't see EC backing down from a challenge like that . Also it would have been super cool if they took turns calling out tunes to perform . Prince was a freak from another planet on the guitar ,so much talent and gone , to bad !

Date: February 17, 2022 13:20

floodonthepage
dmay

[www.youtube.com]

Talk about a showman and I would have hated to been his roadie/tech that has to catch his Hohner guitar . (made in Germany )

Date: February 17, 2022 21:03

TheGreek
floodonthepage
dmay

[www.youtube.com]

Talk about a showman and I would have hated to been his roadie/tech that has to catch his Hohner guitar . (made in Germany )

thumbs up

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 18, 2022 15:01

Seems like a lot of people listen with their eyes. I’m not saying Prince isn’t a great guitarist but people want to be entertained. Put EC to n a room with Prince and EC would show him a few things.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 18, 2022 15:26

did Prince ever play the blues?

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 18, 2022 17:49

Got curious re did Prince play the blues. I doubt there's much EC could've shown him. More likely the other way around.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 18, 2022 18:10

Glen Campbell and "The Cream"

[www.loudersound.com]

Date: February 18, 2022 18:42

spikenyc
Glen Campbell and "The Cream"

[www.loudersound.com]
I have seen this way back and it is pretty wild and 2 different worlds colliding with each other .

Date: February 18, 2022 18:55

Cooltoplady
Seems like a lot of people listen with their eyes. I’m not saying Prince isn’t a great guitarist but people want to be entertained. Put EC to n a room with Prince and EC would show him a few things.

With all respect and I can't speak for others, I am not listening with my eyes. And with continued respect, Eric couldn't show Prince much of anything except for his record collection, IMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-18 19:01 by floodonthepage.

Date: February 18, 2022 20:48

If it weren't for the influence of Clapton and Hendrix, Prince would have been a much lesser guitar player.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 18, 2022 22:28

Hairball
If it weren't for the influence of Clapton and Hendrix, Prince would have been a much lesser guitar player.

And if it weren't for Chuck Berry, Keith Richards would have been a much lesser guitar player.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 18, 2022 22:32

if it weren't for Woody Guthrie, Mr Zimmerman would be a much lesser painter

ROCKMAN

Date: February 19, 2022 00:07

Date: February 25, 2022 10:00

Of the forthcoming European tour, all of the three Russian dates (St Petersburg, June 19, and Moscow, June 21 & 22) that were to cap the itinerary have been cancelled.

[www.whereseric.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 25, 2022 10:43

RisingStone
Of the forthcoming European tour, all of the three Russian dates (St Petersburg, June 19, and Moscow, June 21 & 22) that were to cap the itinerary have been cancelled.

[www.whereseric.com]

Glad he sometimes do the right thing.

- Doxa

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 25, 2022 12:43

Doxa
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

- Doxa

it was posted on Monday, see full statement at [www.whereseric.com])

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-25 12:45 by slewan.

Date: February 25, 2022 15:54

slewan
Doxa
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

- Doxa

Don’t know what “due to logistical and travel challenges presented by a government convention requiring all accommodation” means, but I wonder if it is genuine or an ostensible reason...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 25, 2022 16:34

RisingStone
slewan
Doxa
RisingStone

[www.whereseric.com]

- Doxa

Don’t know what “due to logistical and travel challenges presented by a government convention requiring all accommodation” means, but I wonder if it is genuine or an ostensible reason...

well, unless they plan on flying everything city to city they would have to travel through either Ukraine or Belarus. That would be a logistical and travel challenge.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4041424344454647484950...LastNext
Current Page: 45 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home