Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 23, 2022 05:42

Absolutely!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 23, 2022 06:12

ROCKMAN

Date: January 23, 2022 07:31

Cream ..........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 24, 2022 20:54

It appears that Eric Clapton is saying those who got vaccinated may be victims of a mass hypnosis.
He didn't admit that he was likely hypnotized by all the misinformation crap.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 24, 2022 22:56

I'm just going to pretend Clapton lost his freakin' mind. That way I can still enjoy Cream, and his other early good works.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:03

24FPS
I'm just going to pretend Clapton lost his freakin' mind. That way I can still enjoy Cream, and his other early good works.

I don't think you have to pretend...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:47

The funniest thing to me is he's also vaccinated. Maybe not boosted and stuff, but doesn't that mean he's hypnotized too?

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 24, 2022 23:56

He always struck me as a conflicted guy.
Steeped in the Blues but managed to shout out racist remarks.
and George is my best friend--- oh, sorry about that George.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 26, 2022 01:58

Eric Clapton’s Latest Insane COVID Theory Is That Vaccinated People Are “Under Hypnosis”

[www.insidehook.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 26, 2022 02:45

spikenyc
Eric Clapton’s Latest Insane COVID Theory Is That Vaccinated People Are “Under Hypnosis”

[www.insidehook.com]

Good to know he regrets getting the vax. He could be forming a supergroup with Meat Loaf if he hadn't been.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 26, 2022 03:24

when this all started i was disaponted in him as a fan

then i was mad at him

now i'm genuinely concerned he maybe mentally ill

you know who convinces themselves that the tv and youtube are trying to control there minds?

paranoid schizophrenics

this isn't funny

he should not be out there touring and doing interviews

his family and loved ones and whatever friends he has left need to convince him to get help

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 26, 2022 04:45

Maybe all those years of substance abuse finally caught up with cognitive abilities.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: January 26, 2022 05:59

Sounds like what Eric said is being twisted once again.

After listening to the actual interview (not the garbage article above) it sounds like Eric was talking about Mass fear psychosis (not a new concept - Carl Jung wrote about it) in the context of lockdowns.

Not people being hypnotised into getting vaccines.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 26, 2022 07:11

terraplane

After listening to the actual interview (not the garbage article above) it sounds like Eric was talking about Mass fear psychosis (not a new concept - Carl Jung wrote about it) in the context of lockdowns.

ok if so then i take back my speculation of mental illness on his part

and replace it with my continued disappointment in him

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 26, 2022 08:46

terraplane

He's clearly out of touch with reality regarding the virus. Memo? Only old people say that garbage. Hypnosis? He's quoted in the article, it's not wrong - Dr Clapton spoke and they quoted him. He says "YouTube". The article isn't garbage. He's accurately quoted. The virus has damaged humanity, not some struggling inner child's issues whose ego has never lead him to do anything prior to COVID about any injustices in the world.

He's had enough? Does he think that people dealing with COVID feel differently? There's a gargantuan gap between the geezers and the others of similar age that are still free thinking.

Clapton is not a free thinker.

Date: January 26, 2022 09:30

Nope. This is what the article says:

Clapton, who has railed against COVID-19 measures, discussed a discredited theory that people are receiving pro-vaccination messages subliminally in videos.

Eric talks about Youtube and the news in context of lockdowns/control not vaccinations.

He says about the news: "Suddenly it was one way about following orders and obedience".

He says about Youtube: " Then I remember seeing little things in Youtube which were like subliminal advertising that have been going on for a long time about you will own nothing and be happy"

Nowhere in the interview does he say people are being 'hypnotised' into getting vaccines. The article is garbage.

And anyone who doesn't thinks advertising uses subliminal messaging is really clueless.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 26, 2022 13:30

I think with his advanced age and the effects of the Pandemic both in Physical and mental manner he is struggling and dare I say losing touch ? I don't think he is well and to me it tells me he needs the touring $ and maybe from a PR perspective he is his own worst enemy ? I also believe people on that Level feel they have a voice and an audience of course (myself included ) and feel the right to speak up and let us mortals know how they Feel about various topics . I tell you the last thing I would want to listen to would be his ramblings (on his mind) and his musings on anything . (Also worth noting is that I am not into subjecting my physical well being doing anything of a risky manner as I have not protected myself now for the better part of 2 and half years going on 3 this March for nothing . I don't care what I am going to miss out on as if I don't have my health I have nothing .) I have also come to the place where I don't really care anymore what my idols say or do as that is just not important to me anymore . Rather If I am going to an event be it a sporting event or a live performance I am going as an escape and to be entertained , not to be preached to , as that is for My local Parish Priest Father Pat , not some jamok who has a pulpit and a captive audience . Life is hard enough without having to listen to someone's personal beliefs and such and as if I didn't get enough of that from my daily 9-5 job . As far as vaccines go I believe in them and have had the 2 dose Pfizer and got the Booster as well and I am looking forward to my 4th dose as Israel has already been given a 4th dose as my Booster was 4 months ago and I hope I can get another dose in 2 months or so . I have no physical effects from the Pfizer medicine and I have no ill effects physically or mentally . So absurd and ridiculous peoples doom and gloom paranoia about vaccines and medical science that has been saving society from all types of plagues and scourges and Thank the Good Lord for Medical Science and Doctors and Nurses who really are Gods Angels and actually save us .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 26, 2022 13:34

terraplane
Nope. This is what the article says:

Clapton, who has railed against COVID-19 measures, discussed a discredited theory that people are receiving pro-vaccination messages subliminally in videos.

Eric talks about Youtube and the news in context of lockdowns/control not vaccinations.

He says about the news: "Suddenly it was one way about following orders and obedience".

He says about Youtube: " Then I remember seeing little things in Youtube which were like subliminal advertising that have been going on for a long time about you will own nothing and be happy"

Nowhere in the interview does he say people are being 'hypnotised' into getting vaccines. The article is garbage.

And anyone who doesn't thinks advertising uses subliminal messaging is really clueless.
As far as advertising goes for me personally I would have to be paying attention and I am not into that at all versus something shiny . As most of my TV watching (which I love as I grew up with the TV babysitting me as "stay in front of the TV" as the adults are busy ) is with the DVR and I just blast right thru commercials .

Date: January 28, 2022 01:02

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:02

For the Clapton fans:
What was his best period?
Cream days for me. His solo catalogue has been hit and miss. Some great tracks and great albums, but nothing that matches his cream days.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:37

Blind Faith/Derek & The Dominoes were my favorite eras.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 28, 2022 04:55

There's something great in every period of his career imo - from the Yardbirds, to the Bluesbreakers, to Cream, to Blind Faith, to Derek and the Dominoes, to solo...hard to pick an absolute favorite out of all those...
But if sentenced to a desert island, I'd probably grab my Cream albums to take with me above anything else.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: January 28, 2022 05:14

I love Cream. I really do. But I think to myself — could Clapton have continued with the same musical approach, same play style, as a hard, loud and heavy blues rock guitar virtuoso for years to come — into the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and beyond, into the twenty-first century? A possible scenario is that his musical trajectories would have turned to be quite one-dimensional, and we could not have enjoyed the colorful and wide spectrum of the musicality the man has delivered to the fans over the sixty years.

Fascinating as they were, the Cream era had to end for a reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-28 05:46 by RisingStone.

Date: January 28, 2022 05:16

My favourite is his first solo album but the Derek and Dominoes Live At Fillmore is fantastic. I like most of his output although not so familiar with his albums in the last 20 years.

Date: January 28, 2022 06:15

RisingStone
I love Cream. I really do. But I think to myself — could Clapton have continued with the same musical approach, same play style, as a hard, loud and heavy blues rock guitar virtuoso for years to come — into the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and beyond, into the twenty-first century? A possible scenario is that his musical trajectories would have turned to be quite one-dimensional, and we could not have enjoyed the colorful and wide spectrum of the musicality the man has delivered to the fans over the sixty years.

Fascinating as they were, the Cream era had to end for a reason.

I think you’re right, they were almost of the time and could go no further with what they were doing, the reunion gigs showed they could take what they had done in different directions, but I think they split at the right time.

The dominoes and slowhand eras are my favourites after Cream.

Date: January 28, 2022 07:35

ROCKMAN

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 28, 2022 07:39

I've never been under hypnosis to think of Clapton as whatever he thinks he is or hailed to be.

Date: January 28, 2022 08:16

GasLightStreet
I've never been under hypnosis to think of Clapton as whatever he thinks he is or hailed to be.

Me neither, but he’s still done some great stuff. Peter Green was the best of the British blues players for me. But Clapton’s released some good solo stuff, and cream were great.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 29, 2022 01:04

Keep rockin' E.C....you are one of the last of the greatest rock generation!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 30, 2022 01:27

shadooby
Keep rockin' E.C....you are one of the last of the greatest rock generation!

When was the last time EC rocked? Journeyman 1989?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home