Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 13, 2021 18:52

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
Rocktiludrop
BowieStone
triceratops
daspyknows
Eric Clapton Isn't Just Spouting Vaccine Nonsense—He's Bankrolling It

Eric Clapton went from setting the standard for rock guitar to making ‘full-tilt’ racist rants to becoming an outspoken vaccine skeptic. Did he change? Or was he always like this?

[www.rollingstone.com]

It's all good! Eric is doing great these days and so are the Rolling Stones. And don't forget Van Morrison. You can boycott him too. If Eric is so racist, then how come Nathan East is playing bass in his band? Plus has been a long time associate of EC?

It is a known fact that a racist never makes a black man work for him.confused smiley

If you support Enoch Powell well into the 90s, and he probably still does, you’re pretty racist. This on top of his Birmingham rant.

We have had this conversation on this thread many times, Claptons heroes are black, he has black musicians and friends that have worked with him for decades, clearly he is not a racist.

Enock wasn't a racist either, please research people before you draw ignorant uneducated conclusions, Powell was warning British people about the problems that will occur as a consequence of mass immigration.
You only have to look at inner cities in England today to see he was right.

Happy trolling BowieStone.

A racist never says they are racist. A racist will never call anyone else a racist but will work hard to justify racist behavior. A person's actions and words show it whether or a not a person is racist. If someone is telling us Enoch Powell or David Duke is not a racist their words answer that question.

Having black friends/bandmates/employees does not mean a person is not a racist either. Anyone who believes that can't see racism if it hit them in the face and is just ignorant and needs to research the topic.

Nah, ignorance is someone that notes someone's stance that one doesn't like, then goes and researches that person's comments from 50 years ago and keeps bringing it up over & over as if said yesterday. And furthermore, that one assumes that person can never feel differently for the rest of their existence Except ...if said guilty party would adhere to that one's so-called standards for today's issues, then that one would never have cared about the 50-year-ago issues in the first place.

Not sure i follow all that myself, lol, but it seems pretty ignorant if you ask me!

No one asked you.

Hanging out with Governor Abbott in Austin (Texas' Enoch Powell) must count for something.

Odd, didn't see where anyone asked you.

So guilt by association? Shouldn't they arrest the Beach Boys for murder ... they were known to hang around w/ Charles Manson.
Yeah, you're real bright, haha...

No one asked you....

Not guilt by association but similar views on various controversial issues. You either don't get that or they are your views as well.

Coming from a burnt out bulb I am really bright. What proof do you have that the Beach Boys were complicit with the Manson family or are you just making up more nonsense?

No one asked you ... No one needs to ask me, its a forum for posting.
You are convicting via guilt by association, just read your posts (if you can read).

Beach Boys / Manson ... try reading a book or even a google search (again, if you can read).

Oh I can read, but why would that matter to you. Your reading comprehension is that of a two year old and you just make crap up. Nobody has been convicted of anything, but then throwing out legal terms must make you feel smart. Sorry, not working.

Honestly I don't care much about the Beach Boys or your sponge whether its the 60's or any time since. Thus I have no need to read or google anything about the topic. You are welcome to do it yourself though.

So humor me. Who is guilty by association? Clapton? Abbott? You?

All a distraction from the truth, which you can't handle. You're an ignorant clown. One track mind. Extremist views, your way or the highway. Illogical. etc...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 13, 2021 18:55

Finally back on topic again

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 13, 2021 21:57

daspyknows, can you please stop turning every aspect of discussion about Claptons music into politics, i thought politics is a No No on iorr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-14 01:04 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: October 13, 2021 23:11

Certainly one of my fave EC duetting with a blues legend

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-13 23:18 by ds1984.

Date: October 14, 2021 00:25

ds1984
Certainly one of my fave EC duetting with a blues legend

video: [www.youtube.com]

The interplay between BB King and Clapton is like telepathy, and how Clapton replicates spontaneously like that is impressive, Eric was obviously very close to B&B King.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 14, 2021 00:46

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2021 00:58

Thanks Rockman, that's interesting because Eric's his own man, can't imagine him doing what he's told by Keith for long, that's why a yes man like Ronnie was necessary.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 14, 2021 01:01

Rocktiludrop
daspyblows, can you please stop turning every aspect of discussion about Claptons music into politics, i thought politics is a No No on iorr.

Stop with the name calling and stick with the topic. Geeez

Date: October 14, 2021 01:03

Cooltoplady
Rocktiludrop
daspyknows, can you please stop turning every aspect of discussion about Claptons music into politics, i thought politics is a No No on iorr.

Stop with the name calling and stick with the topic. Geeez

You have to be kidding, over a predictive typo error, after the crap that poster throws at anyone with a different point of view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-14 01:09 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 14, 2021 01:07

can't imagine him doing what he's told by Keith for long,

Always read Clapton interviews when they
crop up in mags etc .... He always holds Keith in high regard ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2021 01:10

Rockman

Yeah for sure, but being in a band full time with Keith back then, that's a whole different deal.

Date: October 14, 2021 01:12

Id say it would be a LIFE experience .... but thats just me

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2021 01:25

Rockman
Id say it would be a LIFE experience .... but thats just me

It would have been amazing, but those two huge egos hehe, and Mick, too many cooks, would have been great for short time but then burn out, i don't know man, you are right though, one hell of a experience.

Date: October 14, 2021 01:42

They are what Rock n Roll is all about
Tuffness .... and relentless to thee very end ....

............................. Eric Clapton

ROCKMAN

Date: October 14, 2021 02:00

Have that on VHS somewhere, Clapton read the Stones pretty well winking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 14, 2021 09:05

Rocktiludrop

I am not the only one here. Look in the mirror and talk to your friend Leonid. Both of you keep hurling insults and ;projecting. Look in the mirror. I posted a Rolling Stone article, nothing more and some people went off the rails because they disagreed. Its only political if you don't agree? Isn't that cancel culture.

I have seen and recorded Clapton many times and the only 2 people I know who have recorded him more times also feel the same way and will not pay for tickets if he uses the money to fund anti-vaxxer groups. Support for Crossroads, I am in, support for anti-vaxxer and right wing racists could me out. Do you have an issue with that?

Date: October 14, 2021 09:57

Oh dear, you have the last word on everything, but i agree with some things you say, you definitely have the right to voice your opinion, just as we all do, and I'll die fighting to give you that right.
But can you keep it on the covid thread and give people a chance to talk about Claptons music, tour etc.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 14, 2021 12:58

Erik_Snow

grinning smiley

This is what it will be like when a name Eric Clapton pops up. Not just here, but everywhere...

- Doxa

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 14, 2021 13:19

Doxa
Erik_Snow

grinning smiley

This is what it will be like when a name Eric Clapton pops up. Not just here, but everywhere...

- Doxa

Yeah, rock’s most controversial figure isn’t he?

Soon bv will warn us with OP “Eric Clapton related posts will be deleted - posting access to be deleted as well”sad smiley

Date: October 14, 2021 13:33

RisingStone
Doxa
Erik_Snow

grinning smiley

- Doxa

Yeah, rock’s most controversial figure isn’t he?

Soon bv will warn us with OP “Eric Clapton related posts will be deleted - posting access to be deleted as well”sad smiley

Agreed. Eric Clapton May soon be the equivalent of a certain song - BS

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 14, 2021 13:37

Rockman
That is so not nice , but if Keith says so then who am I to argue or disagree with the Riffmaster .

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 14, 2021 13:38

Rockman

Mick and Keith and Ronnie regard EC as a brother as they are all close .

Date: October 14, 2021 14:03

“If there’s anybody lazier than me, it’s Eric”

Eric Clapton lazy? He has released umpteen albums, both studio recording and live, in the past 20 years. How many studio albums have the Stones and Keef solo released in the meantime? A Bigger Bang, Blue & Lonesome, Crosseyed Heart — just three.eye rolling smiley Go figure.

Date: October 14, 2021 14:08

RisingStone

Eric Clapton lazy? He has released umpteen albums, both studio recording and live, in the past 20 years. How many studio albums have the Stones and Keef solo released in the meantime? A Bigger Bang, Blue & Lonesome, Crosseyed Heart — just three.eye rolling smiley Go figure.

Lazy, in terms of not holding out with his bands.

Date: October 14, 2021 14:16

DandelionPowderman
RisingStone

I know. I paraphrased his comment, sort of.

There’s more than one way being “lazy”drinking smiley

Date: October 14, 2021 14:45

RisingStone
DandelionPowderman
RisingStone

«Being prolific doesn't mean sh*t» winking smiley

Date: October 14, 2021 15:11

DandelionPowderman
RisingStone
DandelionPowderman
RisingStone

«Being prolific doesn't mean sh*t» winking smiley

...and there’s more than one way being “sh*t”tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: October 14, 2021 15:44

Eric is a solo artist. Has been for 50 years. Becoming second guitarist in the Stones would have been a step down for him.

Date: October 14, 2021 15:48

terraplane
Eric is a solo artist. Has been for 50 years. Becoming second guitarist in the Stones would have been a step down for him.

But that's what he wanted. Would never have worked, though.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 14, 2021 15:59

DandelionPowderman
terraplane

But that's what he wanted. Would never have worked, though.

Eric Clapton was so out of it in the mid 70s, whatever conclusion he came to at anything, at that time, was ramblings. When he finally sobered up I'd think he was very glad not to be locked into the Rolling Stones cage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home