Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Date: September 23, 2021 02:19

clapton? original? the three kings, buddy guy, t-bone walker, l pauling, mickey baker, and so many other american greats, might have something to say about that. johnny winter, too. nothing original about what clapton did.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:38

Nikkei
Worst thread ever by a mile. Gibsons are too heavy

Makes you admire Uncle Neil persisting with Old black.
Depends on the Les Paul, not all of them are a ton of bricks.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:44

Paddy
Look at the size of Jimi’s hands... he also has some back to the future fading away/ Michael Jackson disease in that pic. One hand is white and the other black.

Bad resolution, bad lighting, and/or bad photo reproduction...but clearly not the Michael Jackson disease....lol....

Here's a couple of different/better quality pics:

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 23, 2021 06:12

Nikkei

Really? Nobody complained for 50. Then little wimps started complaining

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 23, 2021 14:01

Paddy
Nikkei

Also worth noting lightweight Les Paul's don't deliver . Les Paul's IMHO sound best at 9lbs . Never mind the weight relieved Les Paul's or the feather weights as tone gets lost , then with the weight relieved ones there is a unpleasant nasal like tone that is harsh and not your Page , Beck or Clapton tone . All those that diss the boat anchors ton of bricks Les Paul's are missing out on the key ingredient -TONE (never mind the back aches it's still all about the TONE )

Date: September 23, 2021 15:34

"I knew this was going to happen" - Eric Clapton- After Jimi joined the Cream for a couple of songs

[/quote]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 23, 2021 22:45

TheGreek
Paddy
Nikkei

Also worth noting lightweight Les Paul's don't deliver . Les Paul's IMHO sound best at 9lbs . Never mind the weight relieved Les Paul's or the feather weights as tone gets lost , then with the weight relieved ones there is a unpleasant nasal like tone that is harsh and not your Page , Beck or Clapton tone . All those that diss the boat anchors ton of bricks Les Paul's are missing out on the key ingredient -TONE (never mind the back aches it's still all about the TONE )

[m.youtube.com]

smoking smileyRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 24, 2021 13:22

Paddy
TheGreek
Paddy
Nikkei

[m.youtube.com]
Nice to see and read that you get it

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 25, 2021 04:58

Another great rendition from Eric's lockdown sessions:

After Midnight

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: September 25, 2021 14:10

terraplane

After Midnight

That was awesome! Thanks for posting!

That is about as tight as a 4 piece band can be.

Date: October 9, 2021 00:44

Golden Ring from Eric's lockdown sessions:

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 9, 2021 06:25

DandelionPowderman

Nothing beats this thumbs up

[www.youtube.com]

Not sure how I missed this thumbs up

Eric was truly on top of his game at this time. His soloing is quite astonishing. He’s playing fills here that are different to other renditions of the song featuring him, it seems. Very freestyle.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 9, 2021 11:21

1cdog
terraplane

After Midnight

Eric is not JJ... Possibly the most meaningless version of After midnight I've ever heard.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: October 10, 2021 17:22

MartinB
1cdog
terraplane

After Midnight

Eric is not JJ... Possibly the most meaningless version of After midnight I've ever heard.

JJs version was boring, uninspired and forgettable, thank God Eric is not JJ

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 10, 2021 20:18

I don't think Eric would agree with this, given his history with JJ and his songs

Date: October 10, 2021 22:04

MartinB
I don't think Eric would agree with this, given his history with JJ and his songs

Eric's a gentleman, I'm not.

Seriously though Eric's a modest man, he's not going to turn round and claim his own version is better.

This is everything but boring.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 00:25 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 11, 2021 01:02

All those old uncles, being winos for all of their lives or something, we forgive them if they end up to be pretty stupid at their old age. We all know them and that pretty embarrassing stuff we try to ignore. They still were giants at their prime. Not all of them turn out to be any bobdylans or mickjaggers who seem to be as sharp and intelligent as always.

So shine a light on you, Uncle Eric. We know and understand. You are still the 'God'.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 01:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: October 11, 2021 01:11

Rocktiludrop
MartinB

Seriously though Eric's a modest man, he's not going to turn round and claim his own version is better.

[m.youtube.com]

Great video I have never seen before.. From 2008 Eric is very energized and Steve Winwood is cooking on B-3 organ. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood - After Midnight (Live from Madison Square Garden 2008)

Date: October 11, 2021 01:41

triceratops
Rocktiludrop
MartinB

[m.youtube.com]

Great video I have never seen before.. From 2008 Eric is very energized and Steve Winwood is cooking on B-3 organ. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood - After Midnight (Live from Madison Square Garden 2008)

Yeah that one blew me away too, inspired solo, he and Winwood compliment each other so well, that smile from Eric at the end said it all.

Date: October 11, 2021 02:11

Doxa
All those old uncles, being winos for all of their lives or something, we forgive them if they end up to be pretty stupid at their old age. We all know them and that pretty embarrassing stuff we try to ignore. They still were giants at their prime. Not all of them turn out to be any bobdylans or mickjaggers who seem to be as sharp and intelligent as always.

So shine a light on you, Uncle Eric. We know and understand. You are still the 'God'.

- Doxa

eye rolling smiley Sounds like you have been on Grandpa's old cough medicine again yourself, if you had a fraction of the talent and sharpness Clapton still has I'd be impressed.
You use to have such interesting things to say, what happened, you seem bitter.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 11, 2021 02:48

Rocktiludrop
Doxa

- Doxa

eye rolling smiley Sounds like you have been on Grandpa's old cough medicine again yourself, if you had a fraction of the talent and sharpness Clapton still has I'd be impressed.

Worship your hero, man, while you are "doing your own research", right?

- Doxa

P.S. Not everyone to have an opinion needs to be better than a rock star. For example, we all know you can run marathons better than Mick Jagger and you could any time drink Keith Richards under the table, you have made that sure. And I am pretty sure you also have a manhood bigger than the one of John Holmes ... Not all of us are such supermans like you but still we have a right to voice an opinion, you know?

By the way, have you gotten over that your friends (you too?) back in the 80's thought Jagger was a gay? Or still a trauma?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 04:05 by Doxa.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 11, 2021 05:12

Eric Clapton Isn't Just Spouting Vaccine Nonsense—He's Bankrolling It

Eric Clapton went from setting the standard for rock guitar to making ‘full-tilt’ racist rants to becoming an outspoken vaccine skeptic. Did he change? Or was he always like this?

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 11, 2021 06:18

[N.B. Being concerned about my post here passing unnoticed amidst the flaming, I delete and repost it. Sorry about this.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 17:44 by RisingStone.

Date: October 11, 2021 10:26

Doxa
Rocktiludrop
Doxa

- Doxa

Worship your hero, man, while you are "doing your own research", right?

- Doxa

P.S. Not everyone to have an opinion needs to be better than a rock star. For example, we all know you can run marathons better than Mick Jagger and you could any time drink Keith Richards under the table, you have made that sure. And I am pretty sure you also have a manhood bigger than the one of John Holmes ... Not all of us are such supermans like you but still we have a right to voice an opinion, you know?

By the way, have you gotten over that your friends (you too?) back in the 80's thought Jagger was a gay? Or still a trauma?

Jeez don't you feel embarrassed, you are like a spoilt child, grow up man.
Just chill out and enjoy the Stones, the way they are playing should unite us fans, no complaints about Mick, Ronnie or Keith, this is all a bonus, they're giving us more than we possible imagined and a new album to come, life is good in Stonesland.

All this trolling of the Clapton thread because he voices a different opinion to the correct speech mob, all the haters like yourself that criticise Eric's every move and note he plays because he dare to voice that he had a bad reaction to the vaccine (along with countless others who can't be heard ), just leave the old man alone dude.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 10:38 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: October 11, 2021 10:39

Rocktiludrop
MartinB

[m.youtube.com]

Amazing performance. The greatest white blues guitarist of all time IMO.

Posted by: GhostTown2021 ()
Date: October 11, 2021 12:35

Rocktiludrop

JJs version was boring, uninspired and forgettable, thank God Eric is not JJ

I wonder, who, or what, reminded Eric of this song?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 11, 2021 13:19

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-11 13:21 by MisterDDDD.

Date: October 11, 2021 13:52

MisterDDDD

Why do you always post something horrible and then delete it, be a man, if you have something to say leave it there so i can reply to it when i have the time in a civil manner.

Im tired of this thread being trolled, can we please be allowed to discuss Eric Claptons music without covid and politics ruining the convention .

Like the Stones, Clapton is back and he's on fire again, put your jealousy aside and respect the best guitarist ever excluding Hendrix.

Date: October 11, 2021 15:02

terraplane
Rocktiludrop
MartinB

[m.youtube.com]

Amazing performance. The greatest white blues guitarist of all time IMO.

Yes, no one comes close as a guitar player then add to that the body of work created from his own song writing, and then add to that his voice, i mean come on, no contest, Eric is something beyond the guitarists that inspired him, similar to the Stones in that regard, they have eclipsed all the blues artists that inspired them.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 11, 2021 15:23

Rocktiludrop
MisterDDDD

Why do you always post something horrible and then delete it, be a man, if you have something to say leave it there so i can reply to it when i have the time in a civil manner.

Im tired of this thread being trolled, can we please be allowed to discuss Eric Claptons music without covid and politics ruining the convention .

Like the Stones, Clapton is back and he's on fire again, put your jealousy aside and respect the best guitarist ever excluding Hendrix.

Wasn't horrible you moron.

Was a link to an article that I subsequently (look it up) deleted as it was already posted.

Son.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1884
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home