Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Date: September 21, 2021 22:01

here’s a quick look back at clapton’s career, from someone who’s got all the records and has seen plenty of shows.

the yardbirds were good. post clapton, they had a couple of guitarists that were, at least, not only on par with clapton, but possibly even better. the bluesbreakers were good, too. post clapton, mayall had a couple of guitarists that were maybe clapton’s equals, too. in fact, it can be argued that both peter green and mick taylor were quite a bit more melodic. cream were pretty good, but there were only a handful songs that clapton wrote or sang. obviously, his arrangement of robert johnson’s crossroads was fantastic. badge is great, too. but that’s george. blind faith was, well all right. mostly thanks to little stevie winwood. clapton’s composition presence of the lord is, however, super high quality. derek and the dominos were awesome, but it was mostly delaney & bonnie’s band, along with duane, that made it so.

moving on to his 50 year solo career, it’s obvious that he’s really not a great songwriter. generously, you can count his great ones on two hands. also, he has never really had his own voice. he’s mimicked otis rush, delaney bramlett, jj cale and many others. his best records were written by robert johnson, leon russell, bob marley and jj cale. he’s made a few great records, but none since 1977. in the last 40 years, his albums have been really bad, save for a couple. the phil collins years were dreadful and the simon climie years have been absolutely unlistenable.

so, he’s a great blues guitar player. there are many. he never got too imaginative or creative. many did. he’s a great blues guitar player. nothing more. nothing less.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 21, 2021 22:08

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

All of this is blatantly political but then so are the anti-vaxxers.

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

Look up fanatical, see his picture! He comes off as angry, it seems to me because he's decided to live out his life in masks/isolation, and is bitter vs. those that don't, to the point that he has wished death on those, lol.

Our resident idiot speaks again. You will not find my picture anywhere. I am sure of that. I also don't live my life in isolation and and pretty sure I have attended more life music carefully than you have. I just make an effort to avoid situations where I run into people like you and not all wishes come true. You are still posting nonsense.

LOL, hit a nerve? You can't handle the truth!

No truth comes from you. Maybe wishes will come true. Go out amongst your kind and breath deeply. You and Bleedingsnatch.

Umm, i've been doing that, from the start. That's what really gets you angry, lol, that you're seeing we're living freely and not dying! Meanwhile you've spent the past 2 years taking every waking moment to research, mask, isolate, etc. and you have to make sure it means something! It's eating away at you to the extent that you resort to name calling & death wishes, lol. Fanatical / Extremist, they mean anything to you?

Shows how little you know. I am not isolating, but I avoid situations where I am with mask less unvaccinated Covidiots like you. I sure enjoyed live music this past weekend at venues where vaccinations were required.

What bothers me is stupidity in regards to Covid. Stupidity like the 3 stooges on here gets old. Is sad when good people get sick and die from this but anyone who is in the anti-vaxxer crowd deserves whatever happens. Not a death wish just reality.

Umm... i am vaccinated, moron. Plus I had covid, so I am doubly protected. That's why I am not a covidiot such as yourself, I don't worry about others, and don't wear masks unless required (which it has only been in 1 store that I know of, near me anyway). And I don't plan to spend every waking hour obsessed w/ it like yourself, nor do i wish ill-will on those that don't agree w/ my point of view. ... but i am sure you're such a great person.

Having a fake vaccination card doesn't make you vaccinated...idiot. You seem to be obsessed with those who disagree with you as well. Why else would you be responding? So, someone who believes in vaccinations and precautions is a covidiot? Wow, can't fix stupid. How long until your other two stooges pipe in too?

Okay, moron, just make things up when you hear the truth (and still can't handle it, lol). Oh, and unnecessary precautions makes you an covidiot, yes, especially when they infringe on your quality of life. Still bitter over those that are living freely? ... check your own responses for the answer. Fanatical/Extremist deluxe version!!

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: September 21, 2021 22:33

ttps://www.vintageguitar.com/36124/shedding-light...
Nov 30, 2020 · In November of ’69, Clapton told Melody Maker, “I saw John Mayall in America, and we jammed… Mick Taylor is very good – frightening.” Mick Taylor is very good – frightening.” Further session work came in the form of accompanying pianist Champion Jack Dupree on a few tracks for Scooby Dooby Doo , as well as a single recorded by the Irish singer/songwriter Jonathan Kelly.

No way Clapton was the best blues guitarist during that period, so many others to choose from.

Mick Taylor's last live performance he closes out the song at 5.00 to end
just as good as EC noted above.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 21, 2021 23:40

highgatehillbilly
here’s a quick look back at clapton’s career, from someone who’s got all the records and has seen plenty of shows.

the yardbirds were good. post clapton, they had a couple of guitarists that were, at least, not only on par with clapton, but possibly even better. the bluesbreakers were good, too. post clapton, mayall had a couple of guitarists that were maybe clapton’s equals, too. in fact, it can be argued that both peter green and mick taylor were quite a bit more melodic. cream were pretty good, but there were only a handful songs that clapton wrote or sang. obviously, his arrangement of robert johnson’s crossroads was fantastic. badge is great, too. but that’s george. blind faith was, well all right. mostly thanks to little stevie winwood. clapton’s composition presence of the lord is, however, super high quality. derek and the dominos were awesome, but it was mostly delaney & bonnie’s band, along with duane, that made it so.

moving on to his 50 year solo career, it’s obvious that he’s really not a great songwriter. generously, you can count his great ones on two hands. also, he has never really had his own voice. he’s mimicked otis rush, delaney bramlett, jj cale and many others. his best records were written by robert johnson, leon russell, bob marley and jj cale. he’s made a few great records, but none since 1977. in the last 40 years, his albums have been really bad, save for a couple. the phil collins years were dreadful and the simon climie years have been absolutely unlistenable.

so, he’s a great blues guitar player. there are many. he never got too imaginative or creative. many did. he’s a great blues guitar player. nothing more. nothing less.

This is a good summation of Clapton as I see him also. In the list of great British blues players, he’s up there, but Peter Green, Jeff Beck, Mick Taylor, Jimmy Page would come ahead of him. Spot on re the Delaney & Bonnie / Allman observation. That beautiful coda in Layla was written by the demented drummer I believe.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 21, 2021 23:42

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

Look up fanatical, see his picture! He comes off as angry, it seems to me because he's decided to live out his life in masks/isolation, and is bitter vs. those that don't, to the point that he has wished death on those, lol.

Our resident idiot speaks again. You will not find my picture anywhere. I am sure of that. I also don't live my life in isolation and and pretty sure I have attended more life music carefully than you have. I just make an effort to avoid situations where I run into people like you and not all wishes come true. You are still posting nonsense.

No truth comes from you. Maybe wishes will come true. Go out amongst your kind and breath deeply. You and Bleedingsnatch.

Umm, i've been doing that, from the start. That's what really gets you angry, lol, that you're seeing we're living freely and not dying! Meanwhile you've spent the past 2 years taking every waking moment to research, mask, isolate, etc. and you have to make sure it means something! It's eating away at you to the extent that you resort to name calling & death wishes, lol. Fanatical / Extremist, they mean anything to you?

Shows how little you know. I am not isolating, but I avoid situations where I am with mask less unvaccinated Covidiots like you. I sure enjoyed live music this past weekend at venues where vaccinations were required.

What bothers me is stupidity in regards to Covid. Stupidity like the 3 stooges on here gets old. Is sad when good people get sick and die from this but anyone who is in the anti-vaxxer crowd deserves whatever happens. Not a death wish just reality.

Umm... i am vaccinated, moron. Plus I had covid, so I am doubly protected. That's why I am not a covidiot such as yourself, I don't worry about others, and don't wear masks unless required (which it has only been in 1 store that I know of, near me anyway). And I don't plan to spend every waking hour obsessed w/ it like yourself, nor do i wish ill-will on those that don't agree w/ my point of view. ... but i am sure you're such a great person.

Having a fake vaccination card doesn't make you vaccinated...idiot. You seem to be obsessed with those who disagree with you as well. Why else would you be responding? So, someone who believes in vaccinations and precautions is a covidiot? Wow, can't fix stupid. How long until your other two stooges pipe in too?

Okay, moron, just make things up when you hear the truth (and still can't handle it, lol). Oh, and unnecessary precautions makes you an covidiot, yes, especially when they infringe on your quality of life. Still bitter over those that are living freely? ... check your own responses for the answer. Fanatical/Extremist deluxe version!!

crawl back under your rock moron. your definition of unnecessary precautions got you sick from covid in the first place. my quality of life is quite good, thank you. no bitterness of those living freely and dying or dead. better to be smart than a dumbass like you. how many shows are you going to? you seem to be all talk no action.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 22, 2021 00:10

Come on guys............. the only thing that connects us here is music...............

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:17

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:56

First vocal and apparently he had to be talked into singing this by John Mayall. His singing is fantastic.

Date: September 22, 2021 04:59

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

crawl back under your rock moron. your definition of unnecessary precautions got you sick from covid in the first place. my quality of life is quite good, thank you. no bitterness of those living freely and dying or dead. better to be smart than a dumbass like you. how many shows are you going to? you seem to be all talk no action.

You get more & more stupid w/ each response. If your quality of life is that good, why so angry? ... Just saw the band Sponge, btw, barely any masks in the audience, moron - no deaths that I have heard of, sorry to report to you.

Date: September 22, 2021 08:26

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

You get more & more stupid w/ each response. If your quality of life is that good, why so angry? ... Just saw the band Sponge, btw, barely any masks in the audience, moron - no deaths that I have heard of, sorry to report to you.

You are projecting again. What the f is a band called Sponge? No crowd I would guess for a band like that. Plenty of masks at Gary Clark Jr. and Mountain Sol Festival. Vaccine checks too. People here get it, not like where you are from. Bigger crowd I would figure too. Just for your information, Covid is not like Fentanyl. People don't just up and die from it. Just shows more ignorance from you.

Date: September 22, 2021 08:33

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

You are projecting again. What the f is a band called Sponge? No crowd I would guess for a band like that. Plenty of masks at Gary Clark Jr. and Mountain Sol Festival. Vaccine checks too. People here get it, not like where you are from. Bigger crowd I would figure too. Just for your information, Covid is not like Fentanyl. People don't just up and die from it. Just shows more ignorance from you.

Look it up, simpleton, they have videos online, of which NO masks are seen in the crowd (i can even be seen in one of the vids). I think i noticed 3 masks in all, one was a worker. I know how covid works, moron, just saying, people can live without being a paranoid nut.

Date: September 22, 2021 08:40

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Look it up, simpleton, they have videos online, of which NO masks are seen in the crowd (i can even be seen in one of the vids). I think i noticed 3 masks in all, one was a worker. I know how covid works, moron, just saying, people can live without being a paranoid nut.

If I want to see a sponge I will go to my kitchen sink or turn on Nickelodeon. You are so dumb and do seem quite paranoid and defensive. Did I hit a nerve?

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 22, 2021 12:37

Can you please stop trolling this thread.

Date: September 22, 2021 15:38

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

If I want to see a sponge I will go to my kitchen sink or turn on Nickelodeon. You are so dumb and do seem quite paranoid and defensive. Did I hit a nerve?

Wow, you thought of that joke all by yourself? Or your mommy helped you? And funny how I am now the paranoid one, when its you hiding behind a mask, isolating, and spending every waking moment looking up more covid info.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 22, 2021 16:46

Leonidp. Please stop. Just stop and quit calling people names. Suck it up and be a man

Date: September 22, 2021 17:02

Cooltoplady
Leonidp. Please stop. Just stop and quit calling people names. Suck it up and be a man

Just me? What about that moron. Check the thread to see who started the name calling, and address the instigator accordingly.

Date: September 22, 2021 17:20

Cooltoplady

Excuse me, its not Leindp, get your facts right, the other one has been name calling since the get go.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 22, 2021 17:22

Rocktiludrop
Cooltoplady

Excuse me, its not Leindp, get your facts right, the other one has been name calling since the get go.

Dude cut out with the name calling. You’re gonna ruin it for all of us.

Date: September 22, 2021 17:36

Rocktiludrop
Cooltoplady

Eggzactly, not to mention the death wishes, which I assumed was something that could get one banned. I'm not one to report though I suspect that nutty dude is.

Date: September 22, 2021 17:44

Lol.......

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 22, 2021 17:50

Thanks, Eric....eye rolling smiley

This is what will be from now on when that dude is 'discussed'...

Still JOHN MAYALL'S BLUESBREAKERS WITH ERIC CLAPTON will remain the most influental album ever released to inspire people around the world to pick up a guitar and start to play or starting modeling their playing on that (blues-based guitar solos). Some did better, some worse, some moved mountains, some not, but there are reasons for that 'god' status among all 'guitar gods' that were build upon his original model. If the Stones popularized the blues as a genre, Eric did that to a blues guitar.

But as far as these recent things go, all I can think is that these senior age 'rebels' (with a certain cause) from the 60's are using the good old playbook by Andrew Loog Oldham: all publicity is good publicity. Without the (embarrassing) fuss, I would have never known that Eric is touring again or Van releasing new music...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 17:52 by Doxa.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: September 22, 2021 20:25

Bingo! Stopped listening to Clapton after "461 Ocean Boulevard" but his overdriven Les Paul/ Marshall stack sound and aggressive attack on the Beano album was a quantum leap. Still sounds great today. Clapton is the prototype- both Peter Green and Mick Taylor have said they were Clapton devotees early on...and literally thousands of others. Yardbirds/Mayall/Cream/Blind Faith/Derek and the Dominoes all before he was what..26? Massively important player. Wish he'd stuck with the Les Pauls....

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 20:55 by roryfaninva.

Date: September 22, 2021 21:28

LeonidP
Rocktiludrop
Cooltoplady

Eggzactly, not to mention the death wishes, which I assumed was something that could get one banned. I'm not one to report though I suspect that nutty dude is.

Careful though Leonidp , the nutty one could get you banned.
Its better to feel sorry for people like that, don't get sucked into their world.

DOXA.
Eric had both experimental shots, he felt they effected his health and playing, that's not seeking publicity, the man doesn't need the shit media coverage on his point of view on things to sell tickets, Clapton has never struggled to sell tickets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 21:38 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: September 22, 2021 23:15

Why did Clapton move from Gibson’s to fender?
I think the early black beauty les Paul he had got stolen, is that correct? He used SGs for a long bit also before switching to strats. I Wonder what made the change permanent for him.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 22, 2021 23:29

I think it is that he likes the feel of a stratocaster in his hands as opposed to a Les Paul.

Date: September 22, 2021 23:58

Rocktiludrop
LeonidP
Rocktiludrop
Cooltoplady

Careful though Leonidp , the nutty one could get you banned.
Its better to feel sorry for people like that, don't get sucked into their world.

DOXA.
Eric had both experimental shots, he felt they effected his health and playing, that's not seeking publicity, the man doesn't need the shit media coverage on his point of view on things to sell tickets, Clapton has never struggled to sell tickets.

Now I have the power to ban fools like you and Spongeleonid? If I did, do you think you would still be spewing your anti-vaxxer views? I don't need nor want you feeling sorry for me and I won't feel sorry for you when your anti-vaxxer views come home to roost. At that point you can change your name to RocktiludropfromCovid

You do realize your anti-vaxxer views are on the extreme and not with the majority. The majority want people to be safe and will not be selfish pieces of trash that think about only themselves. Where I live most people are more considerate and Covid rates are actually very low. So, who is really crazy here?

Date: September 23, 2021 00:28

terraplane
I think it is that he likes the feel of a stratocaster in his hands as opposed to a Les Paul.

I thought it might have something to do with the weight of the les Paul’s, but SGs are lighter. Very different feel on the neck obviously. I wonder if it was a way of moving on from cream. The SG & Marshall sound. I really like the sound he had with Cream. Those 2 live albums they released are brilliant.

Date: September 23, 2021 02:02

Eric switching to a stratocaster probably has alot to do with his admiration of Jimi...

Date: September 23, 2021 02:13

Look at the size of Jimi’s hands... he also has some back to the future fading away/ Michael Jackson disease in that pic. One hand is white and the other black.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 23, 2021 02:15

Worst thread ever by a mile. Gibsons are too heavy

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home