Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 58
smoking smileyRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 20, 2021 13:33

terraplane
At about 4.00 minute mark Eric plays a short but epic solo - Hoochie Coochie Man:

video: [youtu.be]
A super nice late inning rally from the Master of the Fretboard . Wow ! I wish I could follow EC around from tour stop to the next . When he blazes up and down the fretboard like that I am mesmerized and enchanted . Which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me . Go EC

Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Date: September 20, 2021 13:40

Marhsall
My main take away from the above posts are:

E.C. is one of the greatest guitarists who has ever lived
so long as his opinion reflects that of the poster &
he gets his picture taken w/ a pre-approved list of people.

I find it odd when people try to put other people into little boxes
but once they step out of those boxes they are instantly condemned.

Clapton has his own views & opinions & they don't increase or decrease
his musicianship.

I love the MUSIC of Eric Clapton but I don't love HIM, I don't even
know him & I'd be surprised if anyone commenting on him so nastily
know him either.

That's why these posts should stick to the music.
That's why this site is here.

Not to make another mess for BV to clean up, especially right before
The tour.
So true and we don't have to agree on each others views as long as we can seperate personal from professional and carry on . Life is hard enough and we all need a break and an escape .

Date: September 20, 2021 13:42

I will admit that I am a fan of EC and that makes me biased and I own that . I am certainly not perfect by any means and put my foot in my mouth plenty and often .

Date: September 20, 2021 13:43

Also to be honest I am not able to view the photo of EC with the Governor .

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:26

Dude can't even put his money where his mouth is !

[www.rollingstone.com]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:29

This Hoochie Coochie version is brilliant indeed. Clapton's playing is inspired.

Date: September 20, 2021 20:56

windmelody
This Hoochie Coochie version is brilliant indeed. Clapton's playing is inspired.
+1

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 20, 2021 21:01

gotdablouse

[www.rollingstone.com]

“He speaks his mind and does what he believes in”

That was the only excuse his fans still had.
Wonder what they will say now.

Not too surprised really. Him being an anti-vaxer who got vaccinated and all.
Bloody opportunist.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 20, 2021 22:17

LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

All of this is blatantly political but then so are the anti-vaxxers.

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

Look up fanatical, see his picture! He comes off as angry, it seems to me because he's decided to live out his life in masks/isolation, and is bitter vs. those that don't, to the point that he has wished death on those, lol.

Our resident idiot speaks again. You will not find my picture anywhere. I am sure of that. I also don't live my life in isolation and and pretty sure I have attended more life music carefully than you have. I just make an effort to avoid situations where I run into people like you and not all wishes come true. You are still posting nonsense.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 20, 2021 23:04

daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

Look up fanatical, see his picture! He comes off as angry, it seems to me because he's decided to live out his life in masks/isolation, and is bitter vs. those that don't, to the point that he has wished death on those, lol.

Our resident idiot speaks again. You will not find my picture anywhere. I am sure of that. I also don't live my life in isolation and and pretty sure I have attended more life music carefully than you have. I just make an effort to avoid situations where I run into people like you and not all wishes come true. You are still posting nonsense.

LOL, hit a nerve? You can't handle the truth!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 20, 2021 23:36

[m.youtube.com]

WONDERFUL TONIGHT, Eric sounding as good as ever this weekend.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 20, 2021 23:42

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

We all know that anyone who makes posts wishing death and disease on people and calls them an "idiot" is more than likely a prime physical specimen who can easily back up his/her (this one's posts reek of "Karen") words in person. Right, daspyknowsjackshite?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 21, 2021 01:00

Rolling Stone didn't hold anything back in this latest article on Eric.
Someone they note "who was previously famous for his skill as a guitarist". Ouch.

Anti-Vax Hypocrite Eric Clapton Breaks Own Vow, Plays Venue With Vaccine Mandate
Musician who swore never to play a vaccine-mandate show goes ahead and does just that in New Orleans

On Saturday night, Eric Clapton took the stage at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans. This event is notable not just because it alerted us to the fact that there is a music venue called “Smoothie King,” but because by doing do, the musician and public-health skeptic effectively undid the ridiculous stance he took on Covid vaccines earlier this year.

While the rest of the music industry has embraced vaccine mandates as the only way of ensuring safe concerts, Clapton has taken the opposite tack, vowing never to perform at a venue that requires proof of vaccination.

He broke that absurd promise by playing Smoothie King, which, according to its website, is following New Orleans regulations that require all ticketholders 12 and above, as well as staff and participants, to either prove they have received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine or provide a negative test taken within 72 hours. Moreover, they must wear a mask while not eating or drinking.

Clapton made his grand proclamation against vaccine mandates in July, shortly after Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that vaccine passes would be required to enter nightclubs and venues in the U.K. “Following the PM’s announcement on Monday the 19th of July 2021 I feel honor-bound to make an announcement of my own,” he wrote. “I wish to say that I will not perform on any stage where there is a discriminated audience present. Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show.

Clapton, who was previously famous for his skill as a guitarist, has spent the past year complaining about Covid-19 regulations, vaccinations, and touring mandates. First, he teamed up with Van Morrison for anti-lockdown tracks “Stand and Deliver” and “The Rebels,” before releasing his own song, “This Has Gotta Stop.” The musician is vaccinated, but famously regretted that decision, expounding upon the supposedly “disastrous” side effects he said he suffered. (Maybe he should start a band with Nicki Minaj’s cousin’s friend?)

A representative for Clapton did not immediately respond to Rolling Stone‘s request for comment, but perhaps the singer has had a change of heart. Or, more likely, adhering to the strict rules he rashly set for his tour would mean canceling several planned dates. After all, his next scheduled show, on Tuesday, at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena, will require either vaccine or a negative test for entry come October.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Re: smoking smileyRe: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 21, 2021 01:08

TheGreek
terraplane
At about 4.00 minute mark Eric plays a short but epic solo - Hoochie Coochie Man:

video: [youtu.be]
A super nice late inning rally from the Master of the Fretboard . Wow ! I wish I could follow EC around from tour stop to the next . When he blazes up and down the fretboard like that I am mesmerized and enchanted . Which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows me . Go EC

He's still one of the very best. thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 21, 2021 01:10

It's rubbish though. If they let people in with negative tests that's coherent with Claptons stance

Posted by: ds1984 ()
Date: September 21, 2021 01:22

I don't get with Eric' opinion on vaccine.

But man he is such a guitar god.

Date: September 21, 2021 01:34

Nikkei
It's rubbish though. If they let people in with negative tests that's coherent with Claptons stance

"Unless there is provision made for all people to attend, I reserve the right to cancel the show."

Hmmm.. no provisions for the unvaxxed or untested it would appear.

I don't much care about his personal views.. the fact that he he got the jab in the first place was good. It's the shooting his mouth off and then not sticking to his guns that is doing real damage to his legacy. He's now become a huge internet joke. Sad really, but self inflicted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 01:37 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 21, 2021 01:42

The "untested" is not a demographic. They had a desire for the hypocrite headline but it only works if you're willing to hypocrite a bit of your own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 01:46 by Nikkei.

Date: September 21, 2021 02:01

Nikkei
The "untested" is not a demographic. They had a desire for the hypocrite headline but it only works if you're willing to hypocrite a bit of your own.

Umm.. clearly the unvaxxed and untested is a demographic. Often they go hand in hand as a matter of fact.
I'm not looking to pile on, and again think he's entitled to his fully vaxxed beliefs, but twisting his words don't make them any less accurate.

Verbatim from a guy took off guard at the first vax/test proof show I went to in Texas..
"I'm not going to let them stick me and prod me up my nose.. I ain't no farm animal"

So he didn't and got a refund. And likely covid at this point.

Date: September 21, 2021 02:10

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

No truth comes from you. Maybe wishes will come true. Go out amongst your kind and breath deeply. You and Bleedingsnatch.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: September 21, 2021 03:18

Hollywood went 100% unmasked at the Awards Show last night. California sets the pace, so The Covid hysteria/hypochondria is lifting. People have had enough. The only madness spot now is Australia. New Zealand is still in the Kooky Kovid Zone but are such a small population they do not register.

As far as I know all upcoming Stones concerts will be in the open air of stadiums. Not in confined indoor spaces. So wear a mask and get your rocks off with your family and friends. Bring one or two battery operated fans to disperse the ambient air away from you if you like.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2021 04:55

Living with the Blues
An Interview with Eric Clapton --- Peter Guralnick

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 21, 2021 09:50

bleedingman
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

We all know that anyone who makes posts wishing death and disease on people and calls them an "idiot" is more than likely a prime physical specimen who can easily back up his/her (this one's posts reek of "Karen") words in person. Right, daspyknowsjackshite?

This person has some issues. I'm doubting they ever even had covid. How long till we hear about dasp driving thru a protest?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 21, 2021 12:41

gotdablouse

[www.rollingstone.com]

Clapton as rebel is nothing but joke…

Date: September 21, 2021 18:02

MingSubu
bleedingman
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

This person has some issues. I'm doubting they ever even had covid. How long till we hear about dasp driving thru a protest?

You are an idiot. What you know about Covid will kill you but then its called thinning the herd Dr. Subu.

Date: September 21, 2021 18:12

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

No truth comes from you. Maybe wishes will come true. Go out amongst your kind and breath deeply. You and Bleedingsnatch.

Umm, i've been doing that, from the start. That's what really gets you angry, lol, that you're seeing we're living freely and not dying! Meanwhile you've spent the past 2 years taking every waking moment to research, mask, isolate, etc. and you have to make sure it means something! It's eating away at you to the extent that you resort to name calling & death wishes, lol. Fanatical / Extremist, they mean anything to you?

Date: September 21, 2021 18:33

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Umm, i've been doing that, from the start. That's what really gets you angry, lol, that you're seeing we're living freely and not dying! Meanwhile you've spent the past 2 years taking every waking moment to research, mask, isolate, etc. and you have to make sure it means something! It's eating away at you to the extent that you resort to name calling & death wishes, lol. Fanatical / Extremist, they mean anything to you?

Shows how little you know. I am not isolating, but I avoid situations where I am with mask less unvaccinated Covidiots like you. I sure enjoyed live music this past weekend at venues where vaccinations were required.

What bothers me is stupidity in regards to Covid. Stupidity like the 3 stooges on here gets old. Is sad when good people get sick and die from this but anyone who is in the anti-vaxxer crowd deserves whatever happens. Not a death wish just reality.

Date: September 21, 2021 19:38

[www.vulture.com]

well, it’s no surprise. surely, the anti-science stance is disconcerting to most, but it’s more to do with the racism. most people, even his friends and colleagues, were not aware of his shocking “keep britain white” outburst until it was widely reported, in articles, during the pandemic. people who are anti-racist abhor those who are racist.

Date: September 21, 2021 20:52

daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Shows how little you know. I am not isolating, but I avoid situations where I am with mask less unvaccinated Covidiots like you. I sure enjoyed live music this past weekend at venues where vaccinations were required.

What bothers me is stupidity in regards to Covid. Stupidity like the 3 stooges on here gets old. Is sad when good people get sick and die from this but anyone who is in the anti-vaxxer crowd deserves whatever happens. Not a death wish just reality.

Umm... i am vaccinated, moron. Plus I had covid, so I am doubly protected. That's why I am not a covidiot such as yourself, I don't worry about others, and don't wear masks unless required (which it has only been in 1 store that I know of, near me anyway). And I don't plan to spend every waking hour obsessed w/ it like yourself, nor do i wish ill-will on those that don't agree w/ my point of view. ... but i am sure you're such a great person.

Date: September 21, 2021 21:26

LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
daspyknows
LeonidP
bleedingman
daspyknows

Umm... i am vaccinated, moron. Plus I had covid, so I am doubly protected. That's why I am not a covidiot such as yourself, I don't worry about others, and don't wear masks unless required (which it has only been in 1 store that I know of, near me anyway). And I don't plan to spend every waking hour obsessed w/ it like yourself, nor do i wish ill-will on those that don't agree w/ my point of view. ... but i am sure you're such a great person.

Having a fake vaccination card doesn't make you vaccinated...idiot. You seem to be obsessed with those who disagree with you as well. Why else would you be responding? So, someone who believes in vaccinations and precautions is a covidiot? Wow, can't fix stupid. How long until your other two stooges pipe in too?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home