Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 58
Re: OT: Eric Clapton stuff
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 17, 2021 23:50

DandelionPowderman
I probably should know, but who are those guys?
Indeed. Who are they? I can recognize Eric, but the others?

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:26

The guy on the left is opening act Jimmie Vaughan, longtime member of the band 'Fabulous Thunderbirds' and brother of Stevie Ray Vaughan.
The one in the middle is conservative Republican Texas governor Greg Abbott, who has vigorously fought any city, county or school district that has tried to declare a mask mandate. I'm sure he's very supportive of Eric's opinions on Covid.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 18, 2021 04:37

Yep, That's governor Abbot who thinks the Covid virus has more rights than a woman. (No mask mandates, no vaccine requirements and executive actions to prevent local municipalities from enacting any. My body my choice in regards to a mask or vaccine but not for a woman's right to do the same with her body. sad smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 18, 2021 04:58

highgatehillbilly
MisterDDDD

unrepentant racists

Gross. Lost totally all respect for EC as a person. As far as Vaughn goes. Your brother will always be better than you even if you lived 20 lives Scum

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 18, 2021 09:31

More Hot Rocks
highgatehillbilly
MisterDDDD

unrepentant racists

Gross. Lost totally all respect for EC as a person. As far as Vaughn goes. Your brother will always be better than you even if you lived 20 lives Scum

Am I missing something, I don't know these other two guys but can someone explain why they are racist. Hasn't Eric employed black band member's for decades, strange kind of racist.
Perhaps the Clapton thread is being trolled ??

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 18, 2021 17:41

Rocktiludrop
More Hot Rocks
highgatehillbilly
MisterDDDD

unrepentant racists

Am I missing something, I don't know these other two guys but can someone explain why they are racist. Hasn't Eric employed black band member's for decades, strange kind of racist.
Perhaps the Clapton thread is being trolled ??

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

All of this is blatantly political but then so are the anti-vaxxers.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 18, 2021 18:17

Is there still this place called "Speaker's corner" in Hyde Park? One can have different views and opinions. By now, too many people are called racist, sexist ...
Hysteria is not helpful to anyone.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:06

I’m not going to call anyone a racist but Eric’s personal views over the last 18 months have been extremely disappointing.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:15

mnewman505
I’m not going to call anyone a racist but Eric’s personal views over the last 18 months have been extremely disappointing.

Maybe, but rock stars are not exactly predestined to express reflected views, since many of them got that much hype, attention and money in their early twenties - reality is not necessarily their friend, and modesty is not necessarily their strength.

Date: September 18, 2021 20:32

windmelody
mnewman505

Maybe, but rock stars are not exactly predestined to express reflected views, since many of them got that much hype, attention and money in their early twenties - reality is not necessarily their friend, and modesty is not necessarily their strength.

“Reality is not necessarily their friend “. You got that right!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: September 18, 2021 21:15

daspyknows

Wow. Using that logic, the former guy wasn't a racist either because he employed Mexican gardeners at his properties. The clown in the middle definitely is. Look at what he has done in his state while governor.

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

Date: September 18, 2021 21:24

We are being civil

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 21:30

windmelody
Is there still this place called "Speaker's corner" in Hyde Park? One can have different views and opinions. By now, too many people are called racist, sexist ...
Hysteria is not helpful to anyone.

Hysteria is not helpful to anyone - except Def Leppard. smiling smiley

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:31

mnewman505

That all goes back to the mid 70s.
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:40

bleedingman
daspyknows

Moderator: "Please use this thread to discuss Eric Clapton. Please, no politics on iorr. Please be civil."

well, getting photographed together with a politician who acts against necessary public health measurements is a political act

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:45

The bottom line here is I don’t take my medical advice from high school dropout heroin addict alcoholics.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:59

mnewman505
The bottom line here is I don’t take my medical advice from high school dropout heroin addict alcoholics.

If you did use guitarist I could take you comment seriously.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 18, 2021 23:27

NICOS
mnewman505

What does “if you did use guitarist” mean?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 19, 2021 00:01

Cooltoplady
NICOS
mnewman505

What does “if you did use guitarist” mean?

Guitarist Instead of " high school dropout heroin addict alcoholics."

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 19, 2021 01:28

EC might not be God, but he's damn close!

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 19, 2021 01:30

Maybe EC can talk Jim Breuer into opening up on a tour. Man I'd be first in line for that!

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 19, 2021 02:28

At about 4.00 minute mark Eric plays a short but epic solo - Hoochie Coochie Man:

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 19, 2021 05:43

bleedingman
daspyknows

Look up fanatical, see his picture! He comes off as angry, it seems to me because he's decided to live out his life in masks/isolation, and is bitter vs. those that don't, to the point that he has wished death on those, lol.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 19, 2021 08:29

I’d hope that some here, one day, get a friggin life and move on. Just enjoy his music - if you ordinarily do, that is! - and out to one side his misguided views on the vaccination. He’s had his jabs, at least. His views on lockdown, I don’t entirely disagree with, personally. It’s certainly not something, here in the U.K., that can ever be entertained again. As for being a ‘racist’? I don’t know. What he was spouting at that concert in the 70’s was abhorrent, though I’m sure they’re not his views today. Just enjoy his music, please!

Date: September 19, 2021 21:07

terraplane
At about 4.00 minute mark Eric plays a short but epic solo - Hoochie Coochie Man:

video: [youtu.be]

Watching that and considering it's just a mobile recording, that's powerful stuff from Eric, was all this hostile publicity just the kick up the arse Eric needed because from the footage I've seen this is the old Clapton back again, could we get the same reaction from the Stones, Mick sounded pissed off about things in the lyrics to Easy Sleazy, what a pity it takes these old Gods to rebel against this Tyranny, where are young bands today, where is their rebellion and angst, where is the outcry from them.

Date: September 19, 2021 21:27

shadooby

Musically he's close, as a man he's God smoking smiley
He's gone up so much in my estimation, right or wrong he's got balls and he walks his own line, that'll do it for me, respect to the great man and so nice to see him recover from the experimental shots.

Date: September 19, 2021 22:13

Rocktiludrop
shadooby

He's gone up so much in my estimation, right or wrong he's got balls and he walks his own line, that'll do it for me, respect to the great man and so nice to see him recover from the experimental shots.

Lol that’s funny!

Date: September 19, 2021 22:43

Rocktiludrop
shadooby

“Recover”? His numbness increased for a day. He still has neuropathy it is still there. Maybe you’re talking about his stupidity which he hasn’t recovered from

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: September 20, 2021 00:23

My main take away from the above posts are:

E.C. is one of the greatest guitarists who has ever lived
so long as his opinion reflects that of the poster &
he gets his picture taken w/ a pre-approved list of people.

I find it odd when people try to put other people into little boxes
but once they step out of those boxes they are instantly condemned.

Clapton has his own views & opinions & they don't increase or decrease
his musicianship.

I love the MUSIC of Eric Clapton but I don't love HIM, I don't even
know him & I'd be surprised if anyone commenting on him so nastily
know him either.

That's why these posts should stick to the music.
That's why this site is here.

Not to make another mess for BV to clean up, especially right before
The tour.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Date: September 20, 2021 01:39

He’s putz. He should stick to making terrible albums like he’s been doing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-20 02:35 by Cooltoplady.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2046
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home